Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-09-13, 11:39   Link #10021
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
It's not like Japanese people haven't been killed off, prominent or not, in a whole host of other series by mangaka or directors.
But wouldn't that seem odd to kill of a popular female Japanese character and yet have so many Britannian characters live to the end in a Japanese made series?
Old 2008-09-13, 11:39   Link #10022
Fruit Punch Samurai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
We should think about it rationally.

Point in fact, that Kallen is the most likable female Japanese character in the entire cast. The only other prominent Japanese female characters are Chiba and Kaguya. Those two are more supporting characters.
What is the likelihood that a Japanese series will kill off one of the only major female Japanese characters?
Suzaku is the most prominent Japanese male character, but feelings about him are mixed at best.
Lelouch and C.C. are both of European decent.
Hmmm....well FoxxFire Taniguichi hasn't made popularity a factor in his series he tells the story as it is and usually they end up being memorable because of it so the basis of popularity of somewhat weak but at the same time there has been alot of anime series that killed off the major female role (Japanese or not) for the sake of storytelling, I think you should look into Gundam Seed Destiny as a prime example when you let character popularity rule the basis of the series instead of writing and storytelling.
Fruit Punch Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 11:40   Link #10023
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
It's not like Japanese people haven't been killed off, prominent or not, in a whole host of other series by mangaka or directors.
yar Kallen's death flag is up in episode 24. but if she dies i don't see her dying till episode 25 to be quite honest.
But to be quite honest who's death flag isn't up right now.
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 11:40   Link #10024
Vito
Asshole.

Well the "spoilers" come from a magazine... I assume they know as much as we do? Besides, I don't see anything shocking.

Ep22 + gumline, I'm pretty much expecting Kallen to die considering Leloouch past success at protecting people he loves
Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 11:41   Link #10025
Fruit Punch Samurai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
But wouldn't that seem odd to kill of a popular female Japanese character and yet have so many Britannian characters live to the end in a Japanese made series?
By that logic why not kill all the Japanese characters then
Old 2008-09-13, 11:41   Link #10026
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Well, the only three people who have the almost-certification of living are Tamaki, Rivalz and Milly, really...heh.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 11:41   Link #10027
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Well, the only three people who have the almost-certification of living are Tamaki, Rivalz and Milly, really...heh.
Yeah. That sounds about right.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 11:42   Link #10028
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruit Punch Samurai View Post
Hmmm....well FoxxFire Taniguichi hasn't made popularity a factor in his series he tells the story as it is and usually they end up being memorable because of it so the basis of popularity of somewhat weak but at the same time there has been alot of anime series that killed off the major female role (Japanese or not) for the sake of storytelling, I think you should look into Gundam Seed Destiny as a prime example when you let character popularity rule the basis of the series instead of writing and storytelling.
Orenge-kun called
its for you
Old 2008-09-13, 11:42   Link #10029
X_Danny_X

the japanese are not afraid of killing main characters....i never expected L from Deathnote to be killed off, and he was very much likeable and loved...

alot of f0lks here have death flags, a bunch of japs might kick the bucket, and a series will become less forgetfull if some main character dies.

C.C talks about dying, Suzaku mentioned about wanting to die, some of the lesser japanese cast from the Bok might kick the bucket to help even the odds.
Old 2008-09-13, 11:43   Link #10030
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito View Post
Well the "spoilers" come from a magazine... I assume they know as much as we do? Besides, I don't see anything shocking.

Ep22 + gumline, I'm pretty much expecting Kallen to die considering Leloouch past success at protecting people he loves
I'd prefer they both live till the end but Lelouch disappears after everything is said and done and I get an epilogue with Kallen and a little kid following behind.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 11:43   Link #10031
Fruit Punch Samurai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
Orenge-kun called
its for you
............I got nothing
Old 2008-09-13, 11:43   Link #10032
Dream_Traveller
Banned

That wasn't by the fans, though. Well, it was, sort of, but the decision to bring him back was entirely staff-based because the VAs liked his character so much.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 11:43   Link #10033
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
I'd prefer they both live till the end but Lelouch disappears after everything is said and done and I get an epilogue with Kallen and a little kid following behind.
Is that your fanfiction Var?
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 11:43   Link #10034
Micante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
Yeah. That sounds about right.
Don't forget Arthur, there's no real reason to kill him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
Orenge-kun called
its for you
Orange ejected when Gurren went burny on him. Also, he had the damn Siegfried during the drowning scene and was a robot. It's kind of obvious he survived that one.
Micante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 11:44   Link #10035
Baixinho

Quote:
No, but everyone's basis for her survival is that she has not said her gumline yet so she could be defeated by Turn 24 comeback to life say her line and bang! that's it, how about something a little or solid especially with the new spoilers confirming the Bk sides with Schnizel (probably her breaking point to leave). As to who else she could say it to.....C.C. remember it can mean you, him, her etc. so anyone would be efficient.
The climax of Kallen's character development was the question she asked Lelouch : "what am I to you?". It is the answer to this question, or should I say the lack of answer, which drives her away from Lelouch and back to the OotBK. So why suddenly a line about CC's feeling for Lelouch should become her key line? That doesn't go along with the other 3 we have :
CC = Smile
Nunnaly = her brother
Anya = Memories

Kallen = CC's feelings would hardly make sense in that context, especially when compared to Kallen = Lelouch's feelings. Don't you agree?

And I don't base her survival solely on that, but that line is the only thing we have that actually could be seen as a proof.
Baixinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 11:45   Link #10036
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
Is that your fanfiction Var?
I don't do fanfiction. If I write anything it is either: a.) a thesis paper/research paper, b.) a completely unrelated novellete I'm working on for shits and giggles.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 11:45   Link #10037
Fruit Punch Samurai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micante View Post
Orange ejected when Gurren went burny on him. Also, he had the damn Siegfried during the drowning scene and was a robot. It's kind of obvious he survived that one.
Well the staff mentioned he should of died back then but ending up being a cyborg!? because fans loved his character so much
Old 2008-09-13, 11:45   Link #10038
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micante View Post
Don't forget Arthur, there's no real reason to kill him.

jeremia was ment do die in season one
but the fanbase liked him so they changed the scene
Old 2008-09-13, 11:46   Link #10039
Vito
Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Yeah and I'd like a magical unicorn or something but hey... I'm just bracing myself for worst possible scenario (exclusing forced pairings, hoping Taniguchi isn't a complete idiot). But if Kallen kicks the bucket, I bloody well expect C.C. to do some heroic deeds (die a tragic death :P ).
Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 11:46   Link #10040
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Everyone is over looking what I am saying. In other anime series like Gundam the population is rarely split up by Japanese and other ethnic backgrounds. It's always factions like Zaft or such. Their real nationality is never really even mentioned.
All the character's weren't technically Japanese. They just happened to speak Japanese, because that's the audience the series was originally designed for.

This series is unique in that it's a real World War. It has REAL sides. Japan, China, Britannia. Wouldn't a Japanese audience find it odd that they kill off so many Japanese yet the Britannian forces have so many surviving characters?

The series already did the death bed love confession once, with Shirley. Doing it twice would be kind of like beating a dead horse.