AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-02-04, 20:48   Link #61
94ways

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
^I’m gonna say this one more time, I’m not oblivious to what you are saying….I too think it would be idiotic to turn TF to some soap opera, introspective drama (That’s retarded)…I’m saying that Michael Bay is incapable of creating a movie that has ANYTYPE of great depth in-terms of story or characters…I’m not fighting against tone of movie, I’m saying the director isn’t adequate enuff to produce a good, coherent movie that has the soul of what I loved as a kid….How can someone who thought the TF franchise was a joke to begin with and didn’t even want to do the movie create something that can truly be great (beyond generic yet awesome at times action scenes)… He wouldn’t do the movie unless he could rape everything G1 about it…Your telling me you couldn’t find a 30 something director out there that actually liked or could come to like original TF, and have him let the scriptwriters create something more than just a framework for Bay to insert every generality he inserts into all of his movies…While I’ve always thought his movies were pretty bad, he never had source material that I cared this much about…I could turn off my brain during “The Rock” (his best film to me) or Bad Boys 1 (Bad Boys II is horrific), but once he got his hands on something I truly cared about I knew he would apply his TV-commercial sensibility to something that could really be great action-wise and storywise…

Bay is an excellent TV commercial director, but he applies the same techniques to his movies leaving them with the same amount of depth found in random commercials…TF deserves more than that…That’s what I don’t think you get…It’s not about creating a movie with the wrong tone such as Anh Lee’s Hulk…It’s about being able to direct a better movie that has a certain amount of depth and great action… He can’t do it; he’s never been able to do it…However I do understand the level of def ears this falls on, but if I can change 1 mind, I’ve done something right…
dude....i think ur takin this a bit too far its a movie man theres more important things to put this much thought into
94ways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 17:58   Link #62
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Then perhaps I should rephrase my question :-

What do you expect from a good adaption of a live action TF if you think Bay isn't up to the job for the mass ignorant public ?

Something that's woven together with a sense of purpose beyond just hitting the general common denominators for a Bay-styled action movie...Something that's as much of an adventure as it is a random cliché of boy-meets-girl or America fights robots...Why can’t cool, incredible action be surrounded by a dope story or elements of familiarity with the content of the work that made TF so popular in the first place…I mean do I really have to get this deep with it? Think about all the movie adaptations that us anime fans go nuts about when they turn them into movies…Why do we go nuts all the time? Usually because these movies betray the integrity of the original work…Michael’s Bayformers are no different in my book…

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94ways View Post
dude....i think ur takin this a bit too far its a movie man theres more important things to put this much thought into
That’s the same way Bay feels…Anything in this life worth doing might as well be done well…
Old 2009-02-05, 20:29   Link #63
94ways

well i think he did a good job he does and some million other ppl do so...
94ways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 21:45   Link #64
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
I mean do I really have to get this deep with it?
You don't have to go too deep. Just give us an example of what would you have done if you were the script writer and let us see if it's indeed of a better job than the current Bay's take.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-06, 13:29   Link #65
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Mmm...Constructicons.

I really, really hope they form Devastator.
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-17, 16:31   Link #66
Kankel
Akuma HighClass Commander

Just wanted to add the new full trailer that just got out today.Enjoy!!

Hail the FALLEN!!

http://www.movie-list.com/trailers.php?id=transformers2

http://www.transformersmovie.com/
Old 2009-02-17, 18:21   Link #67
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

easily this-will-be-my-film-of-the-year!!!

hands down!

I soooooooooooooooo can't wait for this!

Now I'm not not the bigeest Bay fan but he does know how to make a action movie and thats good enough for me.
Sure there were changes in teh first I didn't quite like but damn I did I love the movie as a whole
Old 2009-02-17, 21:35   Link #68
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Whoever design this take on Devastator must have taken a leaf from the '04 TF anime.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-17, 22:49   Link #69
Gordy Lechance

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Wait .. they changed Soundwave into a truck? O_O
Well, little kids born in the last 10 to 15 years would already be asking "What's a cassette?"

Besides, Frenzy has already taken the CD Player role.
Old 2009-04-15, 14:06   Link #70
Nerroth
NePoi!

There have been 2 comic prequels to the new movie, both by IDW - and both to be released in TPB form later this month, I think.

One, Alliance, is set on Earth in the run-up to the movie.

The other, Defiance, is really cool, going all the way back to pre-war Cybertron, and the chain of events which led to the wider conflict... as well as giving significant hints about certain plot points one might expect to see this summer.
Old 2009-04-22, 01:51   Link #71
qwertyuiopz

i was hoping for devastator vs dino bots, but maybe in the next one
qwertyuiopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 17:53   Link #72
Nerroth
NePoi!

There is a TF convention on this weekend in Toronto - and there is a sample of the poster that will be available there up already!

It's nice.
Old 2009-04-22, 22:41   Link #73
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

ZOMG!!! A new Devastator toy!!! looks cool, but I prefer gen.1. Cool head design though.
Old 2009-04-23, 09:28   Link #74
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

RAWR! only 2 months to go!!

I so can't wait for this, gonna be awesome!
Old 2009-04-30, 21:51   Link #75
Nerroth
NePoi!

New trailer!

Nice.
Old 2009-05-01, 08:53   Link #76
Ender!
Spiral

Send a message via AIM to Ender! Send a message via MSN to Ender!
I saw the trailer when I saw wolverine last night and it was freakin awesome. Optimus had swords. 0.0
Ender! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-01, 12:39   Link #77
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy Lechance View Post
Well, little kids born in the last 10 to 15 years would already be asking "What's a cassette?"

Besides, Frenzy has already taken the CD Player role.
Where the hell is he gonna keep his pets!

His AWESOME pets!
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 21:33   Link #78
Nerroth
NePoi!

LP have a new song for the movie - which you can hear, while watching a couple of the recent trailers, here.
Old 2009-05-22, 13:30   Link #79
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Ye gods, I'm mildly shocked (and yet not) that most of this thread has been about how badly Michael Bay does..

Easy Peasy: If you didn't like the 1st movie, don't see the 2nd..

FFS the Earth is not going to implode because Hollywood remakes an old 80's cartoon (Badly, or well, it's irrelevant).

Calm down; it's just a movie...

Good bloody gods...

And before anyone bashes me (haha like I'd care), I grew up on the original series, saw the animated movie in the theatres (and oh, my, Ultra Magnus said Damn, there was SUCH an outcry!!!), and you know what?

The live action movie met my expectations. I expected naught more than summer entertainment. Buy my popcorn, sit down and vegetate for a couple of hours.

I didn't expect the bloody thing to bring world peace, or anything... If I approached every movie adaptation as a purist I'd've gone insane long ago; LoTR was a good trilogy, YES plenty of things were "botched" or changed, but NO movie adaptation that I have ever seen is 100% faithful.

Long story short: It's JUST a movie. Watch it, or don't, the world WILL survive.

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-22, 23:24   Link #80
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

^lol you've been watching too many of them esure adverts with Michael Winner

I grew watching and loving the cartoon and while one can be iffy about live actions, I couldn't care less what anyone thought or said about the movie. I was going to go watch it no matter what and I loved it for what it was, I don't need it to be 100% faithful.

Loved the 1st film and I know I'm gonna love 2nd, can't wait!!!!!

Only a month to go!!!!

p.s hope Starscream gets a bigger role this time around