AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/stay Night Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 29 21.80%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 37 27.82%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 44 33.08%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 9.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 6.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.50%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-03-06, 20:13   Link #181
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Well, its been established that he'd rather endure the pain than someone else, so I can't help but feel a little empathetic for him. Although that gives him a -1 in the teamwork area - he is carrying a pretty heavy load.
I can't wait for the training sessions

And yes, that is indeed quite a Saber plushie
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 20:19   Link #182
Cyz
"Show it to me"

i guess what rin said was true then. if a master had a murderous intentions then he/she will be able to summon a servant with the same attitude. in shirou's case, i think he was able to summon saber because like her, he has a knight-like heart. and of course that other thing which im not gonna mention because it's a game spoiler
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 23:07   Link #183
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

You all having fun discussing things when I'm asleep T_T ..

I watch the FSN because of Rider ... Found a pic of her in that famous crouching pose (<--see my av) and instantly falls in love ... a few inquiry and found out her name and where she came from ... Thus, the collection grew.

Here for the girls, but the story are also a plus
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 23:22   Link #184
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

found the H-CG first

Then heard about the game

Then the Anime

Guess what I am here for
Old 2006-03-07, 00:42   Link #185
tragicsmile
おじさんはパスタ好き?

Send a message via AIM to tragicsmile Send a message via Yahoo to tragicsmile
I took a bit of a roundabout route, actually - I was interested in the Tsukihime anime, then heard about it being a poor adaptation of the game. I did research on the game and got interested in the setting and other Type-Moon work in the same universe, namely, Fate. I've been reading quite a bit and following discussions, though I lack the language skill to play the full game.

And if I'm going to mention Tsukihime, I might as well mention that vol.2 of the manga is out and translated now, and that Kohaku is insanely cute in it.

Last edited by tragicsmile; 2006-03-07 at 06:51.
tragicsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-07, 03:54   Link #186
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
Hm. My path to fate was a bit of a circuitous one as well, which started with Air. I was reading previews of the Air anime when it was first heading around (would have been September 2004, when a lot of the promotional stuff happened). And from that, I got sucked into Air rather completely. And it was on the Air board here, over a year ago now, that I saw listings of other H-game to anime conversions that were happening or might be happening, among them was prayers for Clannad, and of course, Fate/stay night.

So I went and read some things about Fate (without ever even seeing character designs) and thought that the story sounded like a lot of fun - though unlike Air, I didn't spoil myself as to endings and such. And then when it was announced, I started to wait for it, saw the curtain raiser (which was my first actual graphical view of Fate. And I rather enjoyed it, and thought that what I'd seen, combined with what I'd read, were enough to convince me to watch Fate as it started airing.

So I must say, I'm pretty much watching for the story. ^_^

-Andiyar
Old 2006-03-07, 06:52   Link #187
tragicsmile
おじさんはパスタ好き?

Send a message via AIM to tragicsmile Send a message via Yahoo to tragicsmile
Quote:
I got sucked into Air rather completely.
-Andiyar
Goal.
tragicsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-07, 07:16   Link #188
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Quote:
Originally Posted by tragicsmile
I took a bit of a roundabout route, actually - I was interested in the Tsukihime anime, then heard about it being a poor adaptation of the game. I did research on the game and got interested in the setting and other Type-Moon work in the same universe, namely, Fate. I've been reading quite a bit and following discussions, though I lack the language skill to play the full game.

And if I'm going to mention Tsukihime, I might as well mention that vol.2 of the manga is out and translated now, and that Kohaku is insanely cute in it.

Almost the same happened with me. I saw TSUKIHIME anime and liked very much (i'm a loser for cute vampire stories ^^'). So i search for some info and discovered it was based in a Ero-BGame. I read about the story of the bgame (i'm a bgamer, too), and i coudn't believe, the original story was waaaaay better than the anime! Absolutely hooked, i became a TYPE-MOON fan. So of course when i saw the next Type-Moon game after TSUKIHIME, FATE-STAY NIGHT, i was very happy.
PGilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-07, 08:21   Link #189
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragicsmile
I know i'm being of-topic and all.. but volume 2's so mine. >_>
Old 2006-03-07, 16:14   Link #190
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

It seems like again, i am 1 week behind the world in anime as i have just finished watching episode 9

after watching it i am getting either the impression that assassin is really strong, or saber is still holding back a lot of power. either way i dont believe that fight should have been as even as it was for saber being the best class was only par wtih assassin. also i noticed that the episode preview got more attention than the actual episode itself.

and as a side note: im seeing a lot of hints to the identity of one perticular servant
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-07, 16:26   Link #191
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom
It seems like again, i am 1 week behind the world in anime as i have just finished watching episode 9

after watching it i am getting either the impression that assassin is really strong, or saber is still holding back a lot of power. either way i dont believe that fight should have been as even as it was for saber being the best class was only par wtih assassin. also i noticed that the episode preview got more attention than the actual episode itself.

and as a side note: im seeing a lot of hints to the identity of one perticular servant
Your not alone, I just finished watching episode 9 yesterday after school.
Mr.Hawq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-07, 16:26   Link #192
idofgrahf

Send a message via MSN to idofgrahf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz
well, it seems that saber doesn't get shirou's point. i guess shirou was trying to be a gentleman and doesn't want a girl to fight such gruesome battle. look! a saber plushie
lol, its fine if Shirou was trying to be a gentleman, but as of ep 9 his ability is still that of a meer human. I mean I can understand if Shirou has say Shiki's power then he might be able to do something beyond getting sliced up by beserker or lancer. Shirou should aquire some power before he goes out and make such grand statments as protecting saber who is far stronger then he is.

Lacan/Grahf
idofgrahf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-07, 16:47   Link #193
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

Quote:
Originally Posted by idofgrahf
lol, its fine if Shirou was trying to be a gentleman, but as of ep 9 his ability is still that of a meer human. I mean I can understand if Shirou has say Shiki's power then he might be able to do something beyond getting sliced up by beserker or lancer. Shirou should aquire some power before he goes out and make such grand statments as protecting saber who is far stronger then he is.
Or maybe it may look like that Shirou want's to fight alone, it might be more like they are going to fight together. They can't make Saber miss her action's like that, so it looks more obvious that later he and she will fight together. You can't really say that Saber is far stronger than Shirou, remeber that Shirou has more power over her, by being her master. You won;t think that she will attack her own master, unless just maybe she is provoked.
Old 2006-03-07, 16:54   Link #194
idofgrahf

I'm saying she is physically/magically stronger then he and that Shirou at this point does not have any speicall abilities (other then not dying after all most getting sliced in two by beseker). I mean Shiki is probably not as strong as Arc (when she wasn't suprised by him) but at least he can hold his own, but its kinda annoying when a person talks big but at the time of the statment has no ability to back up his words.

Lacan/Grahf
Old 2006-03-07, 16:57   Link #195
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

Quote:
I'm saying she is physically/magically stronger then he and that Shirou at this point does not have any speicall abilities (other then not dying after all most getting sliced in two by beseker). I mean Shiki is probably not as strong as Arc (when she wasn't suprised by him) but at least he can hold his own, but its kinda annoying when a person talks big but at the time of the statment has no ability to back up his words.

Well that's just the way they do it in most anime's where the girl is a very strong character but the guy want's to protect her.
Old 2006-03-07, 17:00   Link #196
idofgrahf

I can name many animes in which that is not the case, all the gundams, Raxapheon (sp?), Escaflowne, even Tsukihime to some extend.

Lacan/Grahf
Old 2006-03-07, 17:21   Link #197
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

I was talking about the girl being strong, either way it's too early for the show for Shirou to be strong, it's not even at the conflict yet.

i can name a few too

Blue gender
Shakugan no shana
gunparade march
Elfen lied
Mai Hime

and most of these anime's you get the romance out of those type of characters.

Rahxephon
escaflowne
those are anime's where they want to protect the females when the guy himself is very strong, and female can not do anything.

ofcourse there are many anime's like that, but there are also the anime's I have said before the girl is strong, and the guy is weak, and the guy want's to protect her.
Old 2006-03-07, 18:02   Link #198
idofgrahf

Thats fine and all but this is not the first time Shirou has said protecting saber, but so far shirou has got his ass handed to him every single time. I have nothing against him ofcourse but being a lound mouth about protecting someone when he can't even protect himself is a bit annoying, some would say nobel but its more along the lines of arrogance. Plus he is being a little sexist, woman/girl's can and do fight and don't see whats wrong with them fighting.

PS The main character is not mean to have special abilities in Elfen lied.
Gunparade March wise, the main lead isn't a weakling either, not the best pilot but he can more then fend for himself at the get go.

Lacan/Grahf
Old 2006-03-07, 18:04   Link #199
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

It probly also has to do with how Shirou was brought up too, he seems to have a pretty chauvanistic view. He emphasises the fact that Saber is a girl alot, saying a girl shouldnt swing a weapon around ect. It seems to be a cultural thing alot of Asian cultures have very clear cut roles for the genders, that are slowly changing but the mentality in still prevalent in some cultures, and we see that in how Shirou acts and speaks to Saber.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-07, 18:19   Link #200
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

Quote:
Thats fine and all but this is not the first time Shirou has said protecting saber, but so far shirou has got his ass handed to him every single time. I have nothing against him ofcourse but being a lound mouth about protecting someone when he can't even protect himself is a bit annoying, some would say nobel but its more along the lines of arrogance. Plus he is being a little sexist, woman/girl's can and do fight and don't see whats wrong with them fighting.

PS The main character is not mean to have special abilities in Elfen lied.
Gunparade March wise, the main lead isn't a weakling either, not the best pilot but he can more then fend for himself at the get go.

Well you can just say that, he was brought up by his father, the way he was supposed to be brought up, that's it. I do kind of agree with you with the sexist Yah that is just how his personality is in this show, as you can see after he saw Saber gone, in the middle of the night he rode his bike to chase after her, and bring her back home. It also seems like Shirou has a slight crush on her also.

Elfen Lied- just giving the example of female being stronger than male, but male still loves her, and want's to protect her.

Gunparade- you are right that he can defend himself, but just another example of female at first being stronger than him, but later protects her, thats it.

ofcourse none of the anime's are exactly like the issue right now with Shirou and everything protecting, but there are anime's with similar traits.