AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-01-26, 09:55   Link #101
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Paladin X View Post
Funny thing is that there have been some anime that has been picked up for streaming at Crunchyroll AND have another licensor pick it up for streaming AND home release. Case in point, many of the stuff Sentai Filmworks license AND Funimation with Nobunagun.
Crunchyroll and Sentai have a formal business agreement to share streaming and home video release costs in order to have a stronger bargaining hand with it comes to dealing with the Japanese. On the other hand, Funimation and Crunchyroll tend view each other as competitors. The few occasions where they both have steaming rights to a show, it seems to be at the instigation of the Japanese companies rather than because Funimation and Crunchyroll worked together to obtain the license. A Funi / Crunchy combination is much less common than a Sentai / Crunch combination.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-26, 14:28   Link #102
Dark Paladin X

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Crunchyroll and Sentai have a formal business agreement to share streaming and home video release costs in order to have a stronger bargaining hand with it comes to dealing with the Japanese. On the other hand, Funimation and Crunchyroll tend view each other as competitors. The few occasions where they both have steaming rights to a show, it seems to be at the instigation of the Japanese companies rather than because Funimation and Crunchyroll worked together to obtain the license. A Funi / Crunchy combination is much less common than a Sentai / Crunch combination.
Well, I've been told that in Twitter as well. what's even less common is a Viz Media/Crunchyroll combination on streaming. In fact, if Viz Media picks anything up that was streamed at Crunchyroll, they will often do that AFTER the simulcast has ended. And in the streaming side of things, Viz prefers using Hulu over Crunchyroll.

Although I would have to agree with you, if Crunchyroll picks it up for streaming, then it's less likely that either Viz Media or Funimation will grab Black Bullet for home distribution release and more likely with Sentai Filmworks (although after reading a lot of light novel spoilers, the manga, and the sypnosis of the anime, I highly doubt Black Bullet will fall into Sentai Filmworks hands). Then again, there are surprises (for example, I was personally surprised when I heard that Sentai Filmworks picked up Nobunaga the Fool, a title that isn't exactly what Sentai would normally license).

Black Bullet is a kind of title that could go to either Funimation of Viz Media for home distribution DVD/BD release. As for the streaming side of things, it's highly unlikely that Crunchyroll will be involved (unless if the Black Bullet producers in Japan don't want exclusive streaming rights like you mentioned).
Dark Paladin X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-27, 03:01   Link #103
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Well I'm sold:

NEWS Fripside is doing the Opening Theme for Black Bullet!!! YES!!! WIN!!! (and a 52 second PV for Black Bullet)

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...e-black-bullet

This and Fairy Tail will probably be my favorite shows next season. I can't wait for this pure awesomeness.

There's also a 52 second PV in the link I gave above.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-28, 01:39   Link #104
Mega27

Oh, Crunchy posted it. I have a strong feeling now that they will be the ones to stream it. =)
Mega27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-28, 15:45   Link #105
Dark Paladin X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega27 View Post
Oh, Crunchy posted it. I have a strong feeling now that they will be the ones to stream it. =)
Crunchyroll post every news relating to anime in a similar vein like Anime News Network. If Crunchyroll grabs Black Bullet for simulcast, expect Funimation NOT to grab it for home media release. Viz Media may grab it in this case, but only AFTER the simulcasts has ended. If CR grabs Black Bullet, there is a small (but very unlikely chance) of Sentai Filmworks getting grabs for this anime (since Crunchyroll and Sentai Filmworks seems to be in goods term in streaming and home distribution rights as LKK mentioned).
Old 2014-01-28, 16:27   Link #106
Mega27

I was just saying that I would like for Crunchy to stream it, I'm not really worry about home release or whatever, just happy for the news. I'm sorry if I come off a little blunt or disrespectful, but your constant home release, and this and that thing can get a little annoying. Sorry to say it like that, but that's all I find you talking about on this forum(?). Again, sorry if this comes off a bit rude to you. Just had to get it out there.

Last edited by Mega27; 2014-01-29 at 00:04.
Old 2014-01-28, 18:56   Link #107
Dark Paladin X

Quote:
I was just saying that I would like for Crunchy to stream it, I'm not really worry about home release or whatever, just happy for the news. I'm sorry if I come off a little blunt or disrespectful, but your constant home release, and this and that thing can get a little annoying. Sorry to say it like that, but that's all I find you talking about on this forum(?). Again, sorry if this comes off a bit rude to you. Just had to get it out there.
Well, no need to be rude. I'm just speculating.

Now, we get THAT out of the way. I'm wondering if there are any announcements if this will be a 2 cour series or not. They probably will have THAT in store sometime in March. Then again, since I've heard Geneon is involved here, this is most likely a 2-cour series. The bigger question is how much content from the light novel they'll cover.
Old 2014-01-28, 19:13   Link #108
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Paladin X View Post
Well, no need to be rude. I'm just speculating.

Now, we get THAT out of the way. I'm wondering if there are any announcements if this will be a 2 cour series or not. They probably will have THAT in store sometime in March. Then again, since I've heard Geneon is involved here, this is most likely a 2-cour series. The bigger question is how much content from the light novel they'll cover.
While I might be jumping the gun way ahead of time here, I hope turns out to be a 1-cour so more material can be saved for a S2 , especially if it turns out I like it.
Student no.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 00:13   Link #109
Mega27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Student no.0 View Post
While I might be jumping the gun way ahead of time here, I hope turns out to be a 1-cour so more material can be saved for a S2 , especially if it turns out I like it.
We have Tina's VA, so we can count on volume 2, since the manga is still on V. 1. I'm hoping for 2-cour, but you're right. One would be good as well for the sake of material~

Last edited by Mega27; 2014-01-29 at 00:28.
Old 2014-01-31, 22:55   Link #110
B-radical

sounds like it will be very interesting
B-radical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 17:23   Link #111
Dark Paladin X

Something I found in ANN, according to ANN's Black Bullet page, they listed Hiromichi Tezuka as Shougen Ikuma and Megumi Han as Kayo Senju. I really can't confirm this since ANN is prone to making mistakes from time to time (for example, they listed Crispin Freeman as Heathcliff in Sword Art Online even though he confirmed that SAO is a non-union dub and he's not in it).
Old 2014-02-08, 14:23   Link #112
Mega27

Here's a new key visual! Poor quality, but hopefully we'll get one with better quality soon~

Love the way Miori looks~ Lucky Rentaro, hahaha.

Last edited by Mega27; 2014-02-16 at 12:28. Reason: Mistake, gomen. ( ,_,)
Old 2014-02-08, 14:24   Link #113
Iggy_Pop

There's going to be a drama CD in March before the release of the anime
http://dengekiya.com/p/4942330069936/

It seems to be an adaptation of the short story where the gang eat hot pot together.
Can't wait for the release date, would like to hear the seiyus before the anime airs

Also got new scan from Baidu

Seitenshi and Sumire doesn't seem to look that different compare to their original design

Last edited by Iggy_Pop; 2014-02-08 at 14:48.
Iggy_Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-08, 14:27   Link #114
Mega27

So cool! I hope the website updates soon with those renders!
Old 2014-02-08, 14:37   Link #115
Mega27

Rentaro's apartment? Hahaha.
Old 2014-02-08, 14:42   Link #116
Iggy_Pop

Quote:

Rentaro's apartment? Hahaha.
Looks good, doesn't look as dilapidated as I imagined it. Could use some new PV right now, I really want to see Kisara animated.
Iggy_Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-08, 14:52   Link #117
Mega27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy_Pop View Post
Looks good, doesn't look as dilapidated as I imagined it. Could use some new PV right now, I really want to see Kisara animated.
Agreed~ I really wanna see her in a PV as well. She looks a bit different in every picture. Not bad (I love the designs), just different.
Old 2014-02-08, 18:26   Link #118
Dark Paladin X

Quote:
Here's a new key visual! Poor quality, but hopefully we'll get one with better quality soon~

Love the way Miori looks~ Lucky Rentaro, hahaha.
Cute loli in an orange maid outfit = win.

If anyone can get a better screen of this, I'm definitely using this as either my background pic or with Enju's face in my Twitter avatar.

Last edited by Dark Paladin X; 2014-02-08 at 20:54.
Old 2014-02-09, 04:40   Link #119
desrtsku
Nympholept

I want to do something really criminal, right now.
Old 2014-02-09, 08:12   Link #120
hamazura
whatever

resonance of fate?

Tags
action, fantasy, grimdark, loli, post, seinen