AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2018-06-20, 20:43   Link #4841
Dansa de la Mort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulwarfare42 View Post
It really feels like fanfiction doesn't it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Not really.

@Dansa de la Mort Can you provide a link?
We can ask Angelo on Danmachi Wikia for confirmation. I think he'd love to answer us.

But here,

https://forums.spacebattles.com/thre...#post-48173914

https://forums.spacebattles.com/thre...#post-48178435

Last edited by Dansa de la Mort; 2018-06-21 at 07:25.
Dansa de la Mort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-21, 09:04   Link #4842
Soulwarfare42

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Not really.

@Dansa de la Mort Can you provide a link?
Really?
A fighting exhibition where a bunch of characters from the series just fight because its cool.
The huge amount of Bell x Lefiya moments because someone likes that couple.
Every character from the series so far teaming up to fight the behemoth species.

Doesn't really fit the series that well and reading it is so obvious that it is the most non canon thing ever but is still enjoyable as hell to see everyone interact.
Guess its just my opinion but it does feel like fanfiction to me
Soulwarfare42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-21, 09:08   Link #4843
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Really?
A fighting exhibition where a bunch of characters from the series just fight because its cool.
The huge amount of Bell x Lefiya moments because someone likes that couple.
Every character from the series so far teaming up to fight the behemoth species.

Doesn't really fit the series that well but is still enjoyable.
Guess its just my opinion but it does feel like fanfiction to me
Really? Given the Monster fest and the city's fondness for stuff like War Games, a fighting tournament doesn't sound remotely far fetched to me, especially if it was to show off how strong Adventurers were to outsiders.

The shipping stuff is par for course any time Ball spends a long time with a girl, especially one as excitable and easily flustered as Lefiya.

The Behemoth is a massive threat that wipes out famila's by walking around, not teaming up would be silly.
Old 2018-06-21, 11:00   Link #4844
Soulwarfare42

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Really? Given the Monster fest and the city's fondness for stuff like War Games, a fighting tournament doesn't sound remotely far fetched to me, especially if it was to show off how strong Adventurers were to outsiders.

The shipping stuff is par for course any time Ball spends a long time with a girl, especially one as excitable and easily flustered as Lefiya.

The Behemoth is a massive threat that wipes out famila's by walking around, not teaming up would be silly.
Oh it makes sense I personally just feel it doesn't fit the overall story that well (remember it was a planned story for the series by the author but couldn't find a way for it to fit)

It just doesn't fit the overall story of Danmachi and none of the characters really change from this event which is weird considering how huge this behemoth event is if the whole of Orario teamed up. It kinda feels like the Goliath fight from vol 5 but just bigger. The Vol 6 war game was a better story than this one.

Honestly, this scenario feels more end game stuff and is weird to have put this story right after volume 5 which is what the author originally intended.
Soulwarfare42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-21, 11:34   Link #4845
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Oh it makes sense I personally just feel it doesn't fit the overall story that well (remember it was a planned story for the series by the author but couldn't find a way for it to fit)

It just doesn't fit the overall story of Danmachi and none of the characters really change from this event which is weird considering how huge this behemoth event is if the whole of Orario teamed up. It kinda feels like the Goliath fight from vol 5 but just bigger. The Vol 6 war game was a better story than this one.

Honestly, this scenario feels more end game stuff and is weird to have put this story right after volume 5 which is what the author originally intended.
It doesn't fit into the story in terms of time line, sure, but it still feels like Danmachi to me. It fits the tone and lore of the series enough I can tell the author wrote it.
Old 2018-06-21, 14:35   Link #4846
Tachibana
タチバナ

This would have been great material for future volumes if the author wanted this to be canon. The whole thing with the Behemoth would be awesome to add in. For example, make the Behemoth the next villian they face after this whole thing with Bell and Ryuu is settled. Like have a evil god and their familia from the evilus be the ones to resurrect the Behemoth. Something like that could be added in.

EDIT: Or the author could pull a DBS to where Toriyama made Fukkatsu no F into a movie then made it into a saga for the series. So the author of Danmachi can have the Grand Day Eve as a non-canon event then it could be turned into an story arc in the future.

Last edited by Tachibana; 2018-06-21 at 18:31.
Tachibana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-22, 16:33   Link #4847
Isnos

Is there a date for the part two of the event in danmachi memoria freeze ?
Isnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-22, 22:49   Link #4848
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Grand Day event feels like fanfiction because in a many ways, it's too early to tell that grand of a story.

A story which brings together all adventurers to defeat a common foe - while also having such a limited scope of characters with all sort of excuses like ( they had to defend the city, etc ), and having it be an enemy that could be defeated/thwarted by a Level 2/3 Bellfiya duo - even with poison immunity story. In context of the actual canon, something like this would happen probably once Bell is a Level 6 and is considered to be a top-class adventurer, not while he's Level 2. And when the story has a broader cast list to use from, not just from the limited scope of characters currently in the mobile game. And it'd be a damn multi-book arc like the Xenos saga, not an arc that would fit half a volume. :P

But you know what? It's just a mobile-game and story written by the original author or not, it's a fun thing to enjoy. Also, I highly enjoy the Bellfiya ship-tease throughout.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-23, 02:56   Link #4849
Dansa de la Mort

I don't know why but to me it does look kinda like a big pull
Spoiler for Behemoth:
Dansa de la Mort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-23, 21:24   Link #4850
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dansa de la Mort View Post
I don't know why but to me it does look kinda like a big pull
Spoiler for Behemoth:
It would be fitting if it was a Bull type monster. Only Bell is capable of doing lots of damage to Bull type monsters.

This also isn't surprising though. In mythology, Bahamut took the form of a gigantic fish. In FF7 for example, it takes the form of a dragon.
Old 2018-07-05, 13:16   Link #4851
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:

A public fighting tournament IS far fetched.
Baring a few oddities here and there, Familia dislike to show off the specific skills of their members to rivals familias. That's why knowledge of other adventurers' skill is considered so precious. They only show them when they don't have a choice. The wargames are one of those special cases where a lot is at play and they don't have a choice.
Foreign powers know the power of Orario very well so there's no need to show them to foreign embassies.

thanks to SO vol 10, we finally have a second archer character in the story, that took long enough. Unfortunately, I don't think Alicia's going to be especially relevant to the grand scheme of things, even less than Naza in fact.
Old 2018-08-02, 22:04   Link #4852
Rinvelt
駄目人間

So, I decided to read the series on a whim, and man did it betray my expectations!

The first 5 volumes were, as expected (considering what I saw in the anime), good but nothing amazing aside from a few scenes. But then after that, just wow. It becomes really good and I loved the Xenos arc.
So yeah, couldn't resist and continued with vol 12 and 13 in Japanese. Vol 12 was nice to show Bell's change, and vol 13 is just so full of despair that you wonder if it's possible for the situation to get any worse. (I mean, worse would basically mean death, so perhaps it's the worse it can get)
I'm really hyped for the next volume!

As for SO, because it seems you can read the main story without it, I'll just wait for everything to be translated in English to save me the effort to read in Japanese. I just looked at volume 10 which was very nice to look into Aiz and Finn, as well as a behind the scene event.
Rinvelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-01, 07:33   Link #4853
BobJosh

Any development of bell x ainz? On any volumes? I only saw season1 of the anime.
Old 2018-10-01, 07:52   Link #4854
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJosh View Post
Any development of bell x ainz? On any volumes? I only saw season1 of the anime.
I'm assuming you mean Aiz and not Bone Boi?

Numerous in both series.

More specifically at one point the two actually clash and Aiz actually almost kills him iirc, but by the end the two are closer than ever and promising to train together again.

That hammering sound you hear in the background is the nails in the other girls coffins.
Old 2018-10-01, 10:03   Link #4855
Estzero1

Quote:
I'm assuming you mean Aiz and not Bone Boi?
It's funny that I didn't see it before until you mentioned it. I couldn't help but laugh for probably 30 seconds to 1 minute straight . Never knew that Ainz joined Loki Familia. Imagine though .

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-01, 10:05   Link #4856
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
It's funny that I didn't see it before until you mentioned it. I couldn't help but laugh for probably 30 seconds to 1 minute straight . Never knew that Ainz joined Loki Familia. Imagine though .
The Gods would ban him as a cheater
Old 2018-10-01, 12:49   Link #4857
pervypig

No shat... but I found that the 2nd seasons for both Troll-verlord and Dan-machi (SO) sucked so badly that they might as well mix the two up for some laughs...
pervypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-01, 13:17   Link #4858
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by pervypig View Post
No shat... but I found that the 2nd seasons for both Troll-verlord and Dan-machi (SO) sucked so badly that they might as well mix the two up for some laughs...
Haha what are you talking about SO was never adapted that's funny I mean it obviously NEVER HAPPENED

*sobs in a corner*
Old 2018-10-01, 14:15   Link #4859
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire
Haha what are you talking about SO was never adapted that's funny I mean it obviously NEVER HAPPENED

*sobs in a corner*
*Pats on back while tears come down his own face*
Old 2018-10-01, 14:25   Link #4860
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
*Pats on back while tears come down his own face*
*holds up ashes of SO manga*

It-it was so beautiful....

Tags
action, adventure, dungeons, gods, harem, romance