AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2017-08-06, 17:29   Link #1
SonGokuSSJ

Childhood Best Friends

Hi guys, I'm seeking an anime where boy and girl are childhood best friends with no romance or the childhood friend didn't win and was just bestfriendzoned.
SonGokuSSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-06, 17:53   Link #2
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Chihayafuru has a bit of the latter. The story is unfinished, though likely ending soon in time for the final live-action movie to come out.

Abenobashi Mahou Shoutengai fits the first category.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-07, 01:34   Link #3
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Actually I'd disagree on Abenobashi. It's not outright stated, but there's spots that suggest the possibility, and it's clear by the end that the girl is the most important thing of all to the boy. True, seeing how they're not even to their teens yet there's no clear romance going on, it was clear that the seeds were beginning to grow and had taken strong root.

I don't remember the name, and I never watched it past the first episode, but I know there's one series where the boy and girl childhood friends are actually rivals. The girl I recall was shocked when her childhood friend declared his rivalry.

Saki fits, though the childhood friend isn't a particularly major character. Neither one of them is very romantically inclined toward the other. At the most a moment occurred at the very start where Saki seemed to think that he was asking to eat with her and uncertain how to take it, but that's as far as it ever went.

Flying Witch kind of fits. The her and heroine don't really show any romantic interest in anyone, much less each other. They're something like second cousins, but since it's legal for first cousins to marry I'd say this relation shouldn't disqualify them from the "childhood friend" classification.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-07, 04:11   Link #4
SonGokuSSJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Abenobashi Mahou Shoutengai fits the first category.
hehe funnily enough, Abenobashi Mahou Shoutengai is the only one I watched
Old 2017-08-07, 08:27   Link #5
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I don't know if the main pair in Alderamin on the Sky are "childhood" friends, but they have a long and non-romantic history together.

SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-07, 08:31   Link #6
SonGokuSSJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I don't know if the main pair in Alderamin on the Sky are "childhood" friends, but they have a long and non-romantic history together.

yeah, best childhood friends.

they didn't end up together.
Old 2017-08-08, 16:15   Link #7
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
H2 maybe?

I've never watched the anime. Read the manga, and I enjoyed it. I felt it was an interesting twist on the typical Adachi story. Though sadly a lot of viewers were upset they didn't get the usual Adachi ending. I actually agreed with the ending though.

Maybe Hanasaku Iroha? I've never been able to get past the 3rd episode despite my many attempts to watch the series, but from what I heard it might fit the request.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-08, 18:17   Link #8
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Maybe Hanasaku Iroha? I've never been able to get past the 3rd episode despite my many attempts to watch the series, but from what I heard it might fit the request.
As much as I'd hate to spoil the ending for you, I feel compelled to point out to the original poster that this one is not what he's looking for: They do get together in the end.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-08, 18:31   Link #9
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
As much as I'd hate to spoil the ending for you, I feel compelled to point out to the original poster that this one is not what he's looking for: They do get together in the end.
Really? I was told the opposite. That's interesting.

It's okay though since after three attempts and I still can't get through episode three I figure I'm probably not going to watch the whole series.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-09, 07:56   Link #10
kitten320

ef: A Tale of Memories. - childhood friend loses the love triangle battle.

Hachimitsu to Clover - not sure if they are childhood friends but definitely friends and girl loses the battle. Not massive fan of the series but it is popular.

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso - another childhood friend loses the battle.
Old 2017-08-11, 13:19   Link #11
SonGokuSSJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
ef: A Tale of Memories. - childhood friend loses the love triangle battle.

Hachimitsu to Clover - not sure if they are childhood friends but definitely friends and girl loses the battle. Not massive fan of the series but it is popular.

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso - another childhood friend loses the battle.
thanks.

I watched Tale of Memories yesterday and it was good.