AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

View Poll Results: Danganronpa 3: Future Arc - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 3 27.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 0 0%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 18.18%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 18.18%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 27.27%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2016-09-27, 14:24   Link #41
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
YWhat remains is to see what they plan to do with Cure W - In any case its inclusion was a terrible idea. The way it was shown its not worth to call it a Red Hering (It was shown pretty soon that it can't bring back dead) while suddenly reviving someone anyhow would make the already bad writing of Tengan did it even worse as it would make all the deaths there meaningless.
What makes you think it was Tengan who planted the NG? Based on intuition alone I can tell it wasn't him. Forbidden actions like the ones Mitarai, Asahina, Kirigiri, or the one he himself had are very good examples. To not mention how Mitarai ended up dragged into a game Tengan didn't want him to get involved in.

What Tengan originally planned out and what transpired through the course of the Killing Game don't mix. I said it before and I'm going to say it again: His plans got thwarted.

As for the Cure W, Seiko only used it on Bandai. When he had already died. It has been heavily foreshadowed this medicine has an actual effect.
Old 2016-09-27, 14:28   Link #42
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Knight View Post
What makes you think it was Tengan who set the NG? Based on intuition alone I can tell it wasn't him. Forbidden actions like the ones Mitarai, Asahina, Kirigiri, or the one himself had are a good example.

What Tengan was implied he did and what transpired through the course of the Killing Game don't mix.

As for the Cure W, Seiko only used it on Bandai. When he had already died.

It has been heavily foreshadowed this medicine has an actual effect.
Uhm I never said tengan set the NG codes?
Which shows that it can't be used as a revival tool. If they suddenly change that it would be exceptionally bad on several instances.
After their first asspull I'm actually afraid they will use it for Kirigiri while totally ignoring that there would be one Cure W bottle too many there then.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2016-09-27, 14:34   Link #43
Homura7

Quote:
Which shows that it can't be used as a revival tool. If they suddenly change that it would be exceptionally bad on several instances.
After their first asspull I'm actually afraid they will use it for Kirigiri while totally ignoring that there would be one Cure W bottle too many there then.
Not as a revival, I agree with that. But what about taking it before the poison starts to circulate?

Because in case you have forgotten, Kirigiri appeared in a different position than when she fell asleep.

Quote:
The pictures are another thing - Who the heck placed them there?
And while I fear that they will go with 'Oh she just carried them around for the lolz' as explaination they still look planted.
Definitely not. Kirigiri had investigated the body several episodes before Munakata went in there and did that thing with the katana. I'm 99% sure the pictures were planted much later.
Old 2016-09-27, 14:37   Link #44
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
The victims were chosen randomly thorugh being closest to the monitor. Chisa having been there was mere chance.
Did... you forget the part where everyone was moved from the upstairs conference room to the underwater lookalike?

That first kill was a freebie. Tengan could have set up anyone he wanted.
Old 2016-09-27, 14:45   Link #45
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Did... you forget the part where everyone was moved from the upstairs conference room to the underwater lookalike?

And it had to be the only person whose death could drive Munakata past the Despair Horizon.

And thanks to his NG we already know Tengan never was a Remnant of Despair, as that was the first question he had to answer to.

Last edited by Homura7; 2016-09-27 at 14:56.
Old 2016-09-27, 14:58   Link #46
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Not as a revival, I agree with that. But what about taking it before the poison starts to circulate?

Because in case you have forgotten, Kirigiri appeared in a different position than when she fell asleep.

Definitely not. Kirigiri had investigated the body several episodes before Munakata went in there and did that thing with the katana. I'm 99% sure the pictures were planted much later.
I'll be honest: I don't trust in logical conclusions anymore after the asspull they did with their 'SHSL level bad writing decision' regarding tengan.

Quote:

She was actually closest to the Monitor when it happened - I even checked that when they brought it up because I didn't remember any Monokuma Monitors there. then it dawned on me - There was a rather large one right in front of my eyes

If Tengan would have been the one to pick, giving her - that - NG code would make zero sense.
So yeah there iss a pretty good chance his game got Hijaked.
I am also unsure what to make of Naegis conclusion that Tengan actually did it to bring Mitari to motion.

That SWAT team was obviously not Togami's (well actually Kirigiri's)either, but someone elses, which puts the entire 'was not broadcast' thing a bit to question.

So yeah maybe Tengan wartched the despair video after all. and it was broadcast only in a way the FF wouldn't detect it.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2016-09-27, 15:03   Link #47
Homura7

Quote:
I'll be honest: I don't trust in logical conclusions anymore after the asspull they did with their 'SHSL level bad writing decision' regarding tengan.
Misleading, not bad. You know Kodaka has a very good explanation for all things that happen, so this one isn't going to be an exception.

Unless you really think Tengan was being honest in that video. To me he was acting way too much, it looked more like a provocation to Mitarai than an actual truth.

And if for something DR is very praised is for its final batshit insane unexpected plot twists at the end. Dude, we still have one more episode to go and this one is a 1 hour special, so how about you try to be a bit more optimistic.
Old 2016-09-27, 15:11   Link #48
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Misleading, not bad. You know Kodaka has a very good explanation for all things that happen, so this one isn't going to be an exception.

Unless you really think Tengan was being honest in that video. To me he was acting way too much, it looked more like a provocation to Mitarai than an actual truth.

And if for something DR is very praised is for its final batshit insane unexpected plot twists at the end. Dude, we still have one more episode to go and this one is a 1 hour special, so how about you try to be a bit more optimistic.
My optimisn for a good villian fell of a chandelier :/

Old 2016-09-27, 15:21   Link #49
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
If Tengan would have been the one to pick, giving her - that - NG code would make zero sense.
Explain?

I'm sorry but I'm definitely in the camp that thought Chisa as the mastermind was hot garbage. I still don't understand the appeal.
Old 2016-09-27, 15:30   Link #50
Homura7

Quote:
Explain?

I'm sorry but I'm definitely in the camp that thought Chisa as the mastermind was hot garbage. I still don't understand the appeal.
- Secretly a Remnant of Despair.

- Schemed years ago to destroy the Future Foundation and have Munakata fall into Despair. She even was the one who brought to Tengan the videos that sent the world to shit.

- Head of the Counter Intelligence Branch, which is granted total freedom to gather absolutely all type of info. From the profiles of each Branch Head, to the Remnants of Despair, to the Warriors of Hope and Killer Killer.

- Former homeroom teacher of the Remnants Naegi secured.

- Suspicios, hella suspicious NG. And if she was going to die first, why going through the trouble of planting her with one.

Where's the appeal you say? She has a lot. And I think it still has a chance of happening.
Old 2016-09-27, 15:34   Link #51
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Explain?

Chisa mastermind can actually be logically explained, which is the bad thing about it I guess. - Heck you can even logically explain the damn survivor counter going down after EP 1; So yeah lets best agree to disagree here doubt we will meet on a green twig on that matter.
Edit: Tbh I am not even sure if you can trust what Junko said in that Theater (Which is probably just me hating the thought of the most fikle character in the entire franchise filling several holes jsut by claiming she is dead, rather than one of the characters who are alive and rational confirm it) - I really don't want to get disappointed when it turns out that they are really filling those holes wiith Junko's comment so I don't even want to hold on to that straw. - One 'I want my time back' moment is enough for th next few years

As to your request to explain:

If Tengan would have picked his first victim by whatever his most logical choice would have been the farmer guy who died as a way of demonstration, rather than Chisa.
Giving Chisa the NG code 'Munataka dies' just to kill her off instantly because you don't trust her makes zero sense.
The current state of information isn't that he wanted to make Munataka despair, its that he wanted to bring Mitari to action. If so letting Chisa, live would have been far more profitable, since she was the one who planted the 'We must destroy despair thing in Munatakas head anyhow.

The other thing is that she was actually next to the Monitor when the sleeping gas bomb fell.

Edit2:
Oh and regarding the Monokuma maid - are you guys sure that was Chisa and not Mikan?
The Monokuma Had dark hair, like really dark hair, while Chisa had a lighter one - definitely not almost or deifnite black hair though. Mikans hair color on the ohter hand would fit the profile better.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2016-09-27 at 16:08.
Old 2016-09-27, 16:23   Link #52
Homura7

Quote:
Edit2:
Oh and regarding the Monokuma maid - are you guys sure that was Chisa and not Mikan?
The Monokuma Had dark hair, like really dark hair, while Chisa had a lighter one - definitely not almost or deifnite black hair though. Mikans hair color on the ohter hand would fit the profile better.
Thing is, that Monokuma maid talked a lot of shit regarding the Reverse Course, and how badly the students were treated. In that particular scene she had an outburst of anger. And I don't think I need to remind you that Chisa was assigned in that course for one semester.

Hair color is no problem when pigment exist.
Old 2016-09-27, 16:28   Link #53
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Wow, even after the truth came out you guys really can't let it go, can you?
Old 2016-09-27, 16:30   Link #54
Homura7

You tell that to Kodaka. They are well known for astonishing you with their batshing crazy insane but completely valid huge plot twists.

P.D. Kirigiri is alive for sure.
Old 2016-09-27, 16:33   Link #55
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

You got the batshit crazy insane but completely valid huge plot twist. You just seem disappointed that it's not the one you thought it was.
Old 2016-09-27, 16:35   Link #56
Homura7

I'm going to hold on my thoughts until I'm completely proven wrong.
Old 2016-09-27, 16:35   Link #57
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
If Tengan would have picked his first victim by whatever his most logical choice would have been the farmer guy who died as a way of demonstration, rather than Chisa.
Giving Chisa the NG code 'Munataka dies' just to kill her off instantly because you don't trust her makes zero sense.
I mean... someone had to die first. And the fact they were moved means the mastermind either had control of that or at the very least knew who the first was going to be. Although I suppose its possible Tengan hired really crappy movers or just slept through it.

As an aside have you ever heard of the term "confirmation bias"?

Speaking of the Monokuma maid there's an actual illustration in the book; she was described as a reserve course student there I believe. But DR0 was also before SDR2 so they filled out other nameless characters like SHSL cook since then... and named ones like Kamakura Izuru.

Spoiler for Monokuma maid:
Old 2016-09-27, 16:37   Link #58
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I just find it hilarious that you are somehow convinced that Yukizome or Enoshima are still alive despite the fact that they themselves said that they were dead.
Old 2016-09-27, 16:44   Link #59
Homura7

First and foremost, it was Junko who said that. And believe me, I have my good reasons to not trust the words of a self-confesed liar like her.

This to not mention the fact Chisa is the only character in the official website whose Future and Despair appearances are counted as separate characters.
Old 2016-09-27, 16:46   Link #60
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

lol, I suppose you're also choosing to completely ignore Yukizome's last line then.
Closed Thread