AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-05-25, 21:56   Link #1441
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I can certainly understand Matrona's perspective. But at the same time, it's not going to be the lifestyle for everyone. It's the classic warrior race setup, but the issue is that people are different. The girl that died didn't want that lifestyle. One girl that didn't want to fight no matter what, one girl that simply wanted honorable battle, and one girl who was in the middle. Diane is willing and able to fight, but she doesn't simply want to fight unless it's for those she cares about.

I think it's likely that Matrona is dead and probably it ties into Diane's sin. I'm not sure exactly what is going to happen here. Clearly Diane is going to be in the middle of a disaster and in the end join the Sins.

Also nice little touches explaining why Diane got so attached to Meliodas. Part of the blame is the mixed up memories merging with more recent events.
Old 2015-05-25, 22:36   Link #1442
Wandering Soul

Matrona's ideals are understandable but I have to agree with Diane that fighting for the sake of it is sorta sad. While I'm predicting that she is still alive I would not be surprised if it turns out that Matrona died.
Old 2015-05-25, 23:34   Link #1443
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I can certainly understand Matrona's perspective. But at the same time, it's not going to be the lifestyle for everyone. It's the classic warrior race setup, but the issue is that people are different. The girl that died didn't want that lifestyle. One girl that didn't want to fight no matter what, one girl that simply wanted honorable battle, and one girl who was in the middle. Diane is willing and able to fight, but she doesn't simply want to fight unless it's for those she cares about.
Yeah, Matrona is just a product of her environment. Despite what she says, she's kind in her own way.

Notice how she saved Delores despite scolding Diane for doing the same.

Quote:
Also nice little touches explaining why Diane got so attached to Meliodas. Part of the blame is the mixed up memories merging with more recent events.
Notice how Meliodas reacted when he heard Diane's name? Judging from that, plus what he said about his 'eclectic companions', I think King told him about Diane.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-26, 07:02   Link #1444
Kafriel
Senior Guest

IMO Dolores and Diane were the odd ones out...but Diane is exempted because she spent 500 years with King, so it's natural that her opinion on certain matters is different. Dolores, however, grew up in a tribe that worships battle and lives to die in it, that's why it's just weird for her to be a pacifist...she was too weak for a giant, but that's no excuse, really.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-26, 17:16   Link #1445
marvelB

For the record, I obviously don't agree with Matrona's views, either. But I still like how she sticks to her guns, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Yeah, Matrona is just a product of her environment. Despite what she says, she's kind in her own way.

Notice how she saved Delores despite scolding Diane for doing the same.

I wouldn't say she's that compassionate, especially considering that she literally sent that same girl she saved off to her death after Diane left....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-26, 22:27   Link #1446
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Dolores would probably be just as strong as the other giants if she put her mind to it. But her personality wasn't made for fighting which isn't all that surprising given that not every giant has to like fighting just because they're a giant.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-30, 16:52   Link #1447
marvelB

And in the latter half of the Diane gaiden:

Spoiler for Diane gaiden part 2:
Old 2015-05-30, 20:25   Link #1448
Starway

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post

Are these spoilers confirmed they seem lacking in information also when they went to the city of the dead did Diane hint about anyone she knows dieing.
Old 2015-05-31, 12:52   Link #1449
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Quote:

Matrona was the ideal giant, powerful and combat focused. Diane was probably seen as inferior by the people and that her "killing" Matrona is a form of jealousy, hence the serpents sin of envy.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-01, 06:06   Link #1450
Starway

Chapter out spoilers never really tell the full story make more sense now and I really what to kill someone now poor Diane this was a really dark chapter.
Old 2015-06-01, 19:51   Link #1451
Wandering Soul

So Diane's sin is envy all because of a fabricated lie.
Old 2015-06-01, 19:54   Link #1452
watisit

Diane's sin seems a little underwhelming. Just one giant and one garrison of knights? Ban and King's affected a whole kingdom or involved a very long period of time.
watisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-01, 23:45   Link #1453
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah, somehow Diane's sin does seem a little weak. I guess in comparison to those who chose their sins and took a fall for something based on their own choice, Diane basically being framed feels really weak. Feels more like Diane just fell into her mess rather than made any affirmative action. Most of them seem to be branded criminals due to misinformation or downright lies, but something felt lacking here.

I suppose it's nice that Matrona did actually care deeply about Diane, but just sucked in relating to her. Was a great fighter, but a god awful people person.
Old 2015-06-02, 01:00   Link #1454
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Sooo, now that Diane headed back to the giant tribe, how do you guys think they will treat her after they heard about her killing Matrona?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-02, 01:29   Link #1455
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeMancer View Post
Matrona was the ideal giant, powerful and combat focused. Diane was probably seen as inferior by the people and that her "killing" Matrona is a form of jealousy, hence the serpents sin of envy.

Well, you were pretty much on the mark. Though I do agree with the others in feeling that Diane's sin is pretty underwhelming compared to Ban's and King's. I mean, at least the other two's sins actually DO come into play as far as their crimes are concerned. Diane, on the other hand, was just a convenient scapegoat. Well, I guess it is sort of interesting that one of the sins turned out to be a falsely branded one, but..... eh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Sooo, now that Diane headed back to the giant tribe, how do you guys think they will treat her after they heard about her killing Matrona?

Considering that she was ALREADY unpopular with her tribe before Matrona's death, I reckon that Diane will be about as warmly welcomed as King was when he returned to his old home (pre-Albion attack, anyway).
Old 2015-06-02, 11:46   Link #1456
ChuckE
Provoker

That was rather...lame.

I mean - Matrona's death was rather underwhelming
Old 2015-06-02, 21:23   Link #1457
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Matrona took an arrow to the knee. Lol

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 18:53   Link #1458
marvelB

That time of the week is here:

Spoiler for 127:
Old 2015-06-06, 23:44   Link #1459
Wandering Soul

Quote:
That time of the week is here:

Spoiler for 127:
Spoiler for 127:
Old 2015-06-08, 02:01   Link #1460
marvelB

Translated chapter's out, but what the hey, I'll use spoiler tags post-translation just this once:

Spoiler for 127:

Oh, and it turns out the one accompanying Galan is the ass-girl's interpreter, lol.

Tags
adventure, romance, shounen