AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-12-31, 02:09   Link #1421
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

It's easily the best non-comedic adaptation within the last five years of their works.
That said, I'm ready for Violet Evergarden to shatter this bar Hibike has raised.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-31, 02:17   Link #1422
AB079
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
It's easily the best non-comedic adaptation within the last five years of their works.
That said, I'm ready for Violet Evergarden to shatter this bar Hibike has raised.
Oh don't worry Violet Evergarden will kick the ball out of the stadium. No romance, no useless and poorly made drama, 20th century ambient with European style, War issues and episodic story that gives you fragments of the puzzle so when you reach the last part everything comes at you like a revelation.

Also ...
Spoiler for ....:
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-31, 02:33   Link #1423
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Dropped the anime at episode 10. Still it was a fun experience. Not going to watch the last 3 episodes anymore. Too much drama for me. ><

Giving this show a high 7.5/10.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-31, 02:41   Link #1424
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
So now that the show is over, how well do you rank this KyoAni show since what?
Second most favourite anime after Clannad AS and I place it above Nichijou, although these are the only KyoAni TV anime to ever get a 10/10 from me (I specifically said TV anime because I have Disappearance and Love Story with 10/10s as well).

Clannad AS (6th) and Hibike! Euphonium 2 (8th) are the only two KyoAni shows are in my all time top 10 too, a top 10 I am really proud of myself!

My KyoAni ranking TV Series: 10/10, 9/10, 8/10, 7/10, 6/10

*1. Clannad ~ After Story
*2. Hibike! Euphonium 2
*3. Nichijou
*_. Clannad
*_. Hibike! Euphonium

*6. Hyouka
*_. K-On!!
*8. Kanon 2006
*_. Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu
10. Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
11. Amagi Brilliant Park
12. Air
13. Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid

14. K-On!
15. Tamako Market
16. Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu (2009)
17. Free!

18. Kyoukai no Kanata
*_. Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren

20. Musaigen no Phantom World

On Hold

**. Lucky Star
**. Free! Eternal Summer
**. Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu

Never Seen

**. Sora wo Miageru Shoujo no Hitomi ni Utsuru Sekai

PTW

**. Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon
Old 2016-12-31, 07:15   Link #1425
Gravitas Free Zone

Kumiko noise collection: Updated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1l9hsLo2Qg
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-31, 09:25   Link #1426
deadite

When can we expect the OST?
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-31, 09:27   Link #1427
Vegard Aune

To me this is easily KyoAni's best show since Clannad AS, and their best product in general since Disappearance (which I still regard as the absolute best thing they've ever put out). I never really got the hype behind Hyouka. I mean it wasn't bad, but I don't see why that show in particular is considered the golden standard that all their subsequent shows are measured up against.
Old 2016-12-31, 10:37   Link #1428
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Although a lot was left open, this finale really felt final, what with the title drop, Kumiko's issues being mostly resolved and the reveal of the OTP (Kumiko x Asuka of course). I don't know. I feel like this is a perfectly fine way to end it. Of course, I would still love to see a third season.
Old 2016-12-31, 14:31   Link #1429
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I really enjoyed it. This season really did tackle and deal with basically all of Kumiko's issues. The ending worked for me. Of course would love to see more and see them actually get gold, but this feels good.

Even looking back on S1, really respect the effort KyoAni put in. The instruments really look good, the music was great, and they did a nice job letting the group sound better as they actually got better. Plus is kind of nice to see an instrument I played in highschool get some attention. Go Euphonium .

The payoff was nice with Asuka. She was a difficult person to really get a feel for and I definitely see why Kumiko would get frustrated with her. Did pay off in the end and was something to see Kumiko be so open about her feelings and be emotional like that.

Pretty comfortable calling this my favorite of KyoAni's anime.
Old 2016-12-31, 15:37   Link #1430
WhenTreesATK

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
Jan 11th, 2017
Old 2016-12-31, 15:48   Link #1431
BleedingUranium
Who has the most fun wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
Following Omoide Music and Reflection Of Youthful Music, Ongaku Endless will be released on January 11.

As soon as they add the tracklist I'm going to post it here; I may need people's help again with the translations and/or proper real world titles for the performance pieces.

And with regards to the other shows people are talking about, I'm not even going to attempt to choose between this and K-ON!. They're both in my top three anime of all time, a trio I will never try to put in a specific order.
BleedingUranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-31, 17:43   Link #1432
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitas Free Zone View Post
Kumiko noise collection: Updated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1l9hsLo2Qg
Literally one full episode's worth of Kumiko noises.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-31, 19:58   Link #1433
BleedingUranium

With the details of Vol 2 out, we now know the second special episode is titled "Welcome To The Pool!". It seems "Welcome To" is going to be the title theme for the specials.

Is there any chance we'll get another drama CD, radio CD, or more character song albums? If we were getting them, wouldn't we know already?

Last edited by BleedingUranium; 2016-12-31 at 20:30.
Old 2016-12-31, 21:38   Link #1434
Dextro
He Without a Title

I've watched the final episode a couple of days ago but I've been digesting it a bit before posting my thoughts on the matter. I'm still not 100% sure on what to feel about it though. On the one hand it felt like the perfect ending for the story that Hibike was trying to tell but on another more selfish note I wanted more. I wanted a clear answer to the Shuuichi situation and some more room for Saphire and Hazuki to show up for example. I know this is just me being a bit selfish but I can't help but want them. I think it speaks to how interesting the entire cast was right down to the secondary characters when I just wanted more at the end.

But yeah, overall a pretty well put together epilogue for one of the nicest shows of the season. I don't think I can add much more over what others have said so I'll leave it at that (people have already harped on about the amazing character development that Yuko had so I won't add more ).

Overall I think I would rate this as the best show KyoAni has done since Hyouka. It's rather easy to make that call since I am one of those who rates Hyouka as one of the best shows KyoAni has done.

I think my top 5 KyoAni shows would be something like this now:
  • Clannad AS
  • Hyouka
  • K-On!!
  • Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya
  • Hibiki! Euphonium

I think Hibiki just barely edges out Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid for me in that top 5 but not by much. Ask me again in a day or two and I may switch that out and put TSR above Disappearance for example.

There's a reason KyoAni is such a polarizing subject matter in these forums: there was once a time when that studio managed to put out Hibiki quality stuff on a regular basis. It was only a couple of years ago that we got Chuunibyou and things started going downhill. Their shows still look consistently good but the same cannot be said for their plots.

Hopefully this means KyoAni is back in their A game and we'll be getting more Hyoukas and less Phantom Worlds from now on (to use the current punching bag :P )
Old 2017-01-01, 00:21   Link #1435
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Dropped the anime at episode 10. Still it was a fun experience. Not going to watch the last 3 episodes anymore. Too much drama for me. ><

Giving this show a high 7.5/10.
nooooo, Liddo. nooooooooo

you're so close to the end. It's pretty much the home stretch.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-01, 00:54   Link #1436
Wandering Soul

Quote:
So now that the show is over, how well do you rank this KyoAni show since what?

IMO, could I say best KyoAni show since Hyouka? or best KyoAni show since K-ON!!? (Wow that's way back now).

I need some think to think about this because saying that this KyoAni show is better than Hyouka is not easy.
This is easily the best KyoAni show for me. I don't really have as much experience with KyoAni as other people on this thread do though.
Old 2017-01-01, 01:49   Link #1437
Boukenxha

Hibike! Euphonium is right up there with Haruhi and the Key adaptations for me and stamped with the hallmark of Kyoani's magic are the incredibly high production values, possibly above all of their past works that I can remember.
Boukenxha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-01, 03:54   Link #1438
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I think my top 5 KyoAni shows would be something like this now:
  • Clannad AS
  • Hyouka
  • K-On!!
  • Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya
  • Hibiki! Euphonium
That's pretty much my top 5 as well except that I would put Kanon in place of Hyouka, and Haruhi both TV show and movie count as one.

Now as for Anime of the Season, Hibike! Euphonium Season 2 gets my top spot, well I actually didn't watch anything else this season because it was horrible, just horrible! Worst anime season in the past 5-6 years I ever experience. This show save this season. I would put this show on the top for Anime of the Year 2016. I can't think of any other show in 2016 that was better than this.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-01, 04:35   Link #1439
BleedingUranium

Quote:
I can't think of any other show in 2016 that was better than this.
I can't think of anything that was better either, but mostly because I didn't watch anything else from 2016.
Old 2017-01-01, 05:27   Link #1440
Sixth
Hu Tao

Finally finished the finale episode.

Yuko is being the club president made me smile. Natsuki being VP made me burst of laughter. The amount of trolling from Asuka is priceless.

It is funny to see that Asuka was somewhat became an important figure, in fact more than Reina, for Kumiko in S2. Maybe because Kumiko has always seeing "Mamiko" in Asuka but she was denying sub-consciously.

I am satisfied that the series ended with Kumiko X Asuka route instead of other route.

Overall, it is a strong series for me. I would give it 8/10 for the whole series.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote