AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2008-12-29, 15:26   Link #1781
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sora12 View Post
so this anime is already at its end? i mean no more extra seasons coming up after 52? and it is already closed?.
No, quite the opposite. The second season will almost definitely begin airing in April 2009. Stay tuned...
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 22:42   Link #1782
sora12

oh ic. so there has a second season which is aired this coming april.
sora12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 16:12   Link #1783
tyciol
*Artist

Man, I just read the first volume of the manga, it's awesome there's already a huge series for this. Many things about the manga I found very appealing
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-19, 03:21   Link #1784
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
No, quite the opposite. The second season will almost definitely begin airing in April 2009. Stay tuned...
I cant wait I hope they plan on intorducing Athena Tennos and her household, in season 2
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 17:51   Link #1785
Dr. Casey

April's not so far away. I hope it's closer to the beginning of the month at the end.

Although, by this point it's so close that I'd have figured more news would crop up about the new season by now.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 21:00   Link #1786
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Although, by this point it's so close that I'd have figured more news would crop up about the new season by now.
Well, there is a fair bit of news about it already. The second season is having its animation produced by J.C.Staff and features a new director and all new staff (except the same music composer). You can see the new staff on the ANN listing for the OVA that'll be released on March 6th. With the production changes, I'm wondering whether the new season will still be a year-long production that airs on Saturday mornings, or if it's being moved to a late-night otaku slot (and might go for the more usual 24/26 episode length). I guess we'll see, though.
Old 2009-02-11, 21:11   Link #1787
NDK
ArtRodriguez

I'm not sure as to what content the OVA could possibly have. Does sound like I'm on my toes for that one.
NDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 21:39   Link #1788
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDK View Post
I'm not sure as to what content the OVA could possibly have. Does sound like I'm on my toes for that one.
Well, the preview image on the site prominently features Nagi and Hinagiku at the beach in bathing suits, so I suppose we might expect a bit of fanservice?

It'll ship on DVD and Blu-Ray on day one, so I'm sold regardless...
Old 2009-02-11, 21:41   Link #1789
NDK
ArtRodriguez

Quote:
Well, the preview image on the site prominently features Nagi and Hinagiku at the beach in bathing suits, so I suppose we might expect a bit of fanservice?

It'll ship on DVD and Blu-Ray on day one, so I'm sold regardless...
Ah, so I assume it's gonna be like the Negima!? OVA. They just had to make an anime cliche...
Old 2009-02-11, 21:43   Link #1790
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDK View Post
Ah, so I assume it's gonna be like the Negima!? OVA. They just had to make an anime cliche...
LOL - well, as you may know, Hayate no Gotoku is all about both embracing and mocking clichés, so a fanservice OVA to prep the merchandise-buying masses seems somehow à-propos. Though, truthfully, it's just an image, so we don't know for sure what the OVA will contain yet.
Old 2009-02-12, 16:15   Link #1791
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Well, there is a fair bit of news about it already. The second season is having its animation produced by J.C.Staff and features a new director and all new staff (except the same music composer). You can see the new staff on the ANN listing for the OVA that'll be released on March 6th. With the production changes, I'm wondering whether the new season will still be a year-long production that airs on Saturday mornings, or if it's being moved to a late-night otaku slot (and might go for the more usual 24/26 episode length). I guess we'll see, though.
I sure hope the second season retains the 52 episode format of the original. It would be something of a disappointment for it to be reduced to the standard 24/26 episode length, especially since I don't like how anime series have been shorter in recent years to begin with. The more Hayate no Gotoku the better, I say.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-12, 16:28   Link #1792
Cinocard

I dare say there's enough material to do another full year run, and may be even better than S1, since there's more plot development in the later part of the manga. That's it, if they can throw in anime original Episodes with quality like in S1 .

If it's just manga material, nah. Most likely a 26-court.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-22, 03:39   Link #1793
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I don't think Hayate No Gotoku is going to air with anything less than 50 episodes per season. I was actually quite surprised that it went beyond 26 last season, and it was epic and hilarious.

Izumi is my <3.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-03, 00:41   Link #1794
kyon91
Starcraft 2 player

Send a message via Yahoo to kyon91
It's March 3rd! HAPPY BIRTHDAY HINA!
Old 2009-03-11, 07:44   Link #1795
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

She shares the same birthday as Lockon Stratos from G00. Lovely.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-11, 20:43   Link #1796
NDK
ArtRodriguez

Quote:
LOL - well, as you may know, Hayate no Gotoku is all about both embracing and mocking clichés, so a fanservice OVA to prep the merchandise-buying masses seems somehow à-propos. Though, truthfully, it's just an image, so we don't know for sure what the OVA will contain yet.
HOPEFULLY some omake.
Old 2009-04-16, 04:09   Link #1797
Fandal

I think Hayate's "End of the World" arc is probably one of the most powerful arc's in this entire manga. If there was one arc I want a large budget to be spent on, it's this. Do you think it would be better to do this arc as a movie or as part of the regular TV season?

For me, I would love to see this arc done as a movie. This would probably never happen, but if it did, would it profitable to do this as a movie? Do you think a lot of Japanese fans would buy the movie?
Fandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 02:12   Link #1798
xellos2099

"End of the World" arc? Which arc are you talking about? BTW, are wwe allow to talk about the different between the season season and the manga here?
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 07:20   Link #1799
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

^
Chapter 172 - 182. . I think ? I forget the exact chapter.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 01:21   Link #1800
Fandal

I have no clue where to discuss this. This is one of those anime-manga hybrid questions.
Fandal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, romance, shounen, synergy sp