AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-18, 05:43   Link #1641
nojay
Scanlator

Another one of those little sight jokes figured out... Tachibana's giant shoulder-fired missile has the kanji "天討" on it. I'm swithering between "Imperial Destroyer" and "Heaven's Punishment" as meanings but it's "Serious Whoopass" whatever you want to take away from the original Japanese.
Old 2011-09-18, 06:13   Link #1642
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

When I saw the last skit I honestly thought that it was going to end this week. It's nice that there's one last episode to watch through, though. It's definitely one of the most enjoyable things in my past half a year.

Looking forward to see what Kyoani will give us next.
RegalStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 09:04   Link #1643
calorie

Out of all the overdramatizing skits starring Mio-chan, this one was the best. Could be because the feelings behind it were more believable this time. Can't blame her for wanting to run all the anger and disappointment off, I've done that myself a few times, though for different reasons.

Nichijou's touch on the friendship theme was subtler than the one in K-ON! but that lifelong friendship card felt very real; all the hellish everyday situations they've been through could either have broken their bond or strengthened it indefinitely. I kinda like this "let's-just-laugh-it-off-and-move-on" approach.

It hasn't occurred to me that the next episode is the last until just now. Not sure if KyoAni will go big for the finale (it would be nice), but either way, Nichijou has cemented a spot in my favorite anime list for what has been displayed thus far.
calorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 09:56   Link #1644
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

This is sort of the reverse of your typical anime. Most shows will start out with really impressive animation to get you hooked in and then start cheaping out near the end as their budget gives out. But here? No. KyoAni is making it better as they go along. Makes one wonder what they can pull off if they had this drive and K-on level sales?
Old 2011-09-18, 14:19   Link #1645
inisipis

It's part 2, most likely final, of the Mio X Sasahara X Tachibana arc

I must say, KyoAni is possibly the only studio that can animate a girl having her heart broken being tearfully heart wrenching and ridiculously laugh out load hilarious at the same time. Throughout the series Mio had a monopoly of over the top mind blowing animation. If you doubt that before this episode will surely put it to rest.

It's the Mad little professor 1-0 over Nakamura sensie. And she didn't even do a single mischievous thing.

It's the second to the last episode and the end is almost nigh, hope the last one will end with a big bang. I'm already reserving a place on my shelf for the Bandai Ent. DVD collection that'll sure to come out.
inisipis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 16:59   Link #1646
rulfo

In case of slow people like me.
Spoiler for nichijou k-on referece:
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 20:28   Link #1647
broken270
Defying gravity

I actually would not mind if Nichijou ended on that note. That would be very heart-warming and the epitome of its name "Daily Life." I really like the part where there was one bird standing at the telephone pool wire (Mio) and then three other birds joined with it (Yuuko, Nano, Mai) and flew off together. With everything Mio was brought through that day, that was a serious nice touch to her already rough day.
broken270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 21:49   Link #1648
Forsaken_Infinity

I am sad. Very sad. I don't see the purpose in daily life without Nichijou.

Sasahara is a bastard. A very lucky one. And a very very interesting one too.

I was in the Tachibana camp too and always thought Mio's crush was just that. But this episode made me feel for her. It was really well done. Words can't describe it and thus I will make no attempt to.

Shinonome front wasn't bad at all either. But this episode was all Mio. Absolutely gorgeous animations. And very subtle touch on friendship. It's a proof of how frozen a heart I have that my eyes didn't get wet even from that. But I felt it all too well. I am glad Mio has a voucher I always longed for. May it stay that way for her forever.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 01:53   Link #1649
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Having now seen the episode, I can say that was ridiculously silly how things just got weirder and weirder the more Mio ran. Also how Nakamura-sensei needs to stop overthinking things out and she'll get more done...though Nano's thought just went to an interesting place. Also Nano and the Professor are so ineffective in a crisis. Nano wants instructions/deails....Professor wants snacks....Buscuit 2 might be doing something and Sakamoto is likely still trapped. Why is the Super Glue sitting outside? (so close to finding her cat).

(Nano's screw is a time traveller)
Old 2011-09-19, 12:08   Link #1650
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
12/10, one of the best episodes ever. I was in a giggling fit during most of the episode, too good. I'm skeptical that they will be able to top it next week, but we'll see. I'm gonna miss this series so much. Easily in my top 5 of all time.
Old 2011-09-19, 12:33   Link #1651
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soconfused View Post
12/10, one of the best episodes ever. I was in a giggling fit during most of the episode, too good. I'm skeptical that they will be able to top it next week, but we'll see. I'm gonna miss this series so much. Easily in my top 5 of all time.
Same here. Very easily among the very best I watched and I watched plenty.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 18:39   Link #1652
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I really hope that they can manage to give Nichijou a fitting finale. That's all I can ask for, at this point, since it's certainly not going to have a second season.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 18:45   Link #1653
Midonin
Last Engage

And now watch as it gets a second season.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 18:50   Link #1654
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I wonder if this is donig better in Japan, or if the change in air time will increase sales?

Of if KyoAni cares at all what its sales are (the publisher will care of course). They seem to be having fun...or at least seem to be enjoying their work as it would seem to take a certain sort of energy to make this show like it is now rather than just half-assing it like some companies do when sales and rating go down.
Old 2011-09-19, 23:01   Link #1655
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Someone make a gif of mai throwing up gang signs.
Old 2011-09-20, 13:35   Link #1656
alarmadadna hadi

So Mio is a potential world class boxer and her sister wins international fencing tournaments...what kind of genes run through them exactly?

Also, another instance of ridiculous subtlety this show has that I liked was the way Mai, Nano and their sensei 'dissapeared'

And seeing Biskuitto-2 again was a nice surprise

It's been a long time ever since I actually looked so forward to an anime episode.
Old 2011-09-20, 13:36   Link #1657
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Genes of destruction.
Old 2011-09-21, 18:35   Link #1658
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

The end of episode 25 was very touching in my opinion and I hope Nichijou does get a season 2 since I'm starting to miss it
Ichuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 18:08   Link #1659
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Yay for Biscuit #2
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 19:35   Link #1660
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I wonder if this is donig better in Japan, or if the change in air time will increase sales?

Of if KyoAni cares at all what its sales are (the publisher will care of course). They seem to be having fun...or at least seem to be enjoying their work as it would seem to take a certain sort of energy to make this show like it is now rather than just half-assing it like some companies do when sales and rating go down.
It's possible. Nichijou doesn't contain a kind of humor that will appeal to everyone. I think it would do well with college crowds and fans of absurdist comedy. It's more likely to find those viewers at prime time than with the late night otaku shows.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen, slice of life