AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam AGE - Episode 35 Rating
Perfect 10 5 15.63%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 31.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 15.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 9.38%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 3.13%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-06-10, 22:00   Link #41
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Figures Flit would disown Asemu. Lol an unmarked random asteroid floating through space holds the key to winning the war. How much harder can they make it. Orbital is awesome. Seeing Obright is sad.
Old 2012-06-10, 22:02   Link #42
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yes, an unmarked random asteroid floating through space holds the key to winning the war. As Memories of Sid shows, it's also an unmarked random asteroid containing one of the most powerful mobile weapons created--it completely obliterated the Gundam AGE-2, after all.
Old 2012-06-11, 01:17   Link #43
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Me thinks AGE-1 gets captured, and turns into Vagan Gundam?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 02:13   Link #44
monster

Another enjoyable episode and I'm just liking this third arc. The X-Transmitter is a little less impressive than I thought it would be in its debut presentation, although some of that perception may be as a result of fighting the AGE-3 Orbital. On the other hand, I'm liking both the AGE-3 Orbital's SigMaxisss long cannon and Zanald's mobile suit's overall design and I can't believe they end the episode like that. Looking forward to next week.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 02:45   Link #45
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
i hope the EXA-DB doesn't pull a Black History, seriously i found the concept to be retarded hilarious, it only works well in video games........
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 06:22   Link #46
Yesman
PMS Avenger

Another Full Frontal moment from Zeheart?:

Spoiler for CharKick:
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 10:10   Link #47
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I think Flit is just resentful towards Asem because he didn't join Flit in his holy crusade and went to do something entirely different.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 12:02   Link #48
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I think Flit is just resentful towards Asem because he didn't join Flit in his holy crusade and went to do something entirely different.
Say what you want with Flit but after the Ambat operation he has done things the legal way. Even when he caught the Prime Minister as a collaborator he had proof and worked in the system. Flit despite being a military man still found time as a family man.

Assem abandoned his family an went the extra-legal route to achieve the same objective of saving Earth Sphere. Flit was supreme commander yet even he did not know about the EXA-DB. Factions within the military never trusted him and viewed his Age system as a path to disaster. As the past wars were likely Lensman arms race that led to advanced weapons being Techno Taboo. (The Third anime reference)

EXA-DB's asteroid somewhat explain Flit and Woolf's encounter with the cloaked Vegan mothership.

They were looking for EXA-DB.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 12:32   Link #49
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

It also explains why Ezelcant doesn't seem to mind the hibernation periods between conflicts--Ambat... Downes... the Invasion. There's a chance to try and locate the EXA-DB without having to worry about Federation interference during the peacetime.
Old 2012-06-11, 12:59   Link #50
xdarkangel

agree with AGE device containing part of the EXA-DB, it can be the reason why vagan destroyed the asuno family's colony in the first episode.

AGE system + EXA-DB data = the ultimate gundam.
xdarkangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 13:02   Link #51
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Considering that they didn't even consider the Gundam a real nuisance until after it beat the Zedas and appeared at Ambat, I don't think that's the case. If they recognized the AGE Device during the attack then Flit surely wouldn't have survived that colony attack.

If anything they consider the AGE System and the Gundam a threat because it's able to produce technology that rivals the gains they've made with the EXA-DB fragment.
Old 2012-06-11, 13:27   Link #52
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Though if Ezcelant was researching it 80 years ago, given how effective his infilitration tactics were, wouldn't it have made sense to manipulate the Federation (whose resources and manpower are greater than the Vagans) to find it? I mean by starting a war he's diverting resources that could go into finding it to fighting another enemy.
Having them do some of the basic legwork is fine, but I don't think he'd want any but an actual Vagan to get his hand on the DB. Most of the spies were probably like the Prime Minister: crooked enough to take the Vagan for all they had to offer even if it meant the deaths of their comrades, but they believed they'd win in the long run anyway. They're about self-interest, not the Vagan cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Say what you want with Flit but after the Ambat operation he has done things the legal way. Even when he caught the Prime Minister as a collaborator he had proof and worked in the system. Flit despite being a military man still found time as a family man.

Assem abandoned his family an went the extra-legal route to achieve the same objective of saving Earth Sphere. Flit was supreme commander yet even he did not know about the EXA-DB. Factions within the military never trusted him and viewed his Age system as a path to disaster. As the past wars were likely Lensman arms race that led to advanced weapons being Techno Taboo. (The Third anime reference)

EXA-DB's asteroid somewhat explain Flit and Woolf's encounter with the cloaked Vegan mothership.

They were looking for EXA-DB.
I'm not sure staging a military coup is "within the system". But yeah, Asemu has a lot of explaining to do.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 15:02   Link #53
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
i hope the EXA-DB doesn't pull a Black History, seriously i found the concept to be retarded hilarious, it only works well in video games........
It seems like Black History crossed with the race to control D.O.M.E in Gundam X like I keep saying. Whoever manages to control EXA-DB controls the balance of power in the war.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 17:52   Link #54
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

So, who wants to bet the AGE-FX is built after they find the EXA-DB/obtain fragments of data from EXA-DB?
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 19:27   Link #55
Magewolf

I believe this will go down as least plausible Gundam series ever.I wonder if there is a Japanese version of the Golden Raspberry awards,if so this show should be a shoe in.

Not only did the Federation confiscate all telescopes,radios,and anything else that could receive Electromagnetic waves for 200 years so that no one noticed a thriving society on Mars.But they also caused a regression in technology that will allow the equivalent of wooden hull steam ships with cannons to overwhelm the modern USA.

But you say they banned all weapon research so that is why they are helpless against 200 year old tech.To which I have two answers.

1 They did not stop building weapons as shown by all the MS and battleships flying around.And there was a private shop that could turn out new weapons and suits in days that at least had a fighting chance against old tech based suits.So someone was still doing weapon design

2 It is imposable to stop weapon research without stopping all other tech advance as well.Even if the modern USA was completely unarmed it could turn out steel hulled diesel powered boats in days that if nothing else could just ram the wooden ships. While being virtually invulnerable to anything the old ships could do to them.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 19:42   Link #56
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Ships would be used for travel/taking out small resistance if needed, why wouldnt they keep their transports?

the Genoaces was hastly developed from the desperado's/Yellow shovel-pick MS from fardain arc if my memory severs me right

Madorna's shop was more of a hobby i'd say, seeing how his shadoll's barely had any weapons when Flit and Wolf used them in Gen-1

Comparing real life military to fiction isnt really a good comparision
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 20:05   Link #57
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Am I the only one who thought of the Divine Shooter/Axel Shooter at seeing the X-Transmitter's function?

And yes, Anh, that weapon looks to utilize homing beam blades for projectiles. Makes sense to use a homing weapon with a mobile suit that fast, it'd be hard to hit anyone otherwise.
Oh great, now I'm never going to unsee this . Though to be fair it is so similar that I probably should have made the connection myself a lot earlier .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
LOL It wasn't even a contest. Kio was getting kicked all over the place and didn't land a single hit on Zeheart, who didn't even break a sweat.
Wow talk about exaggerating. Were you checking Zeheart's perspiration with a towel during the fight ? Besides the only reason Zeheart wasn't taking much damage was because Kio had to first destroy Zeheart's underlings. I think Zeheart's got plenty of skill (when he isn't complaining about his suit), but to act like this was a one-sided beatdown is pushing it.
Old 2012-06-11, 20:09   Link #58
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

To be fair, though, Zeheart WAS winning that fight and he didn't look to be struggling like he was in the Wrozzo against the AGE-3 Fortress. He damaged the Gundam and didn't take damage. On top of that, whenever the Gundam engaged the Ghirarga, it was immediately put on the defensive against Zeheart's onslaught. Not entirely a one-sided beatdown but Kio wasn't going to win that one if the fight dragged on without interference.
Old 2012-06-11, 21:09   Link #59
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
I believe this will go down as least plausible Gundam series ever.I wonder if there is a Japanese version of the Golden Raspberry awards,if so this show should be a shoe in.
I'd say that honor would go to G Gundam. Also what do the Golden Raspberry Awards have to do with plausibility?
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 23:42   Link #60
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
Not only did the Federation confiscate all telescopes,radios,and anything else that could receive Electromagnetic waves for 200 years so that no one noticed a thriving society on Mars.But they also caused a regression in technology that will allow the equivalent of wooden hull steam ships with cannons to overwhelm the modern USA.
Wow... just wow... let's start with the comment about receiving EM. Telescopes can't see through planets, and I'd be dispoint in the Vagan if they were in obvious view of Earth. From the way they were talking in Gen. 2, they’d never even seen Earth up close, so that obviously tells us Earth was just as blind to Vagan’s view as the Vagan were to Earth. Next is radio. This isn’t the sloppy tech of the 30s, you know. Radio waves are a lot harder to pick up, much less intercept now than they were, especially with things like laser communication already being developed. Even then, with the rise of stealth technology it’s even more difficult for radar to pick up signals even on Earth, let alone something as far away as Mars. Furthermore, I’ll point you to Gen 1. Grodek explicitly stated the UE’s stealth technology bent the EM spectrum around it and made the Fa Bose… wait for it… undetectable. I’d be even more dispoint with the UE if they could only apply their stealth tech to ships.

Quote:
They did not stop building weapons as shown by all the MS and battleships flying around.And there was a private shop that could turn out new weapons and suits in days that at least had a fighting chance against old tech based suits.So someone was still doing weapon design
You’re right, they were still doing weapons design. After the Vagan had started attacking them. It’s pretty difficult to say the EF were still doing weapons research when there was such an obvious regression in MS tech, particularly if the Vagan are only using a mere fraction of the EXA-DB. If someone in the EF had never stopped doing weapons research, the Vagan would have been crushed the moment they showed up. It would have been the most massive curb-stomp battle you’ve ever seen, and we wouldn’t have a show.

Quote:
It is imposable to stop weapon research without stopping all other tech advance as well.Even if the modern USA was completely unarmed it could turn out steel hulled diesel powered boats in days that if nothing else could just ram the wooden ships. While being virtually invulnerable to anything the old ships could do to them.
This is where you really lose me. At what point is every single technological advance the result of military research? Are you saying that if we shut down the Department of Defense tomorrow, stem cell research wouldn’t continue? That rockety and jet propulsion wouldn’t advance beyond today? That better computers wouldn’t be built or more efficient power plants would never even be put down on paper? A weapon = technology, but technology = weapon. Military research is responsible for a lot of the conveniences we enjoy today, but to say it’s impossible for humanity’s technological base to advance without weapons research is disingenuous. There is a very explicit line between technologies which can be used as a weapon if needed and technologies whose only purpose is as a weapon.