AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Log Horizon

Notices

Old 2014-03-22, 17:16   Link #1
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Log Horizon Season 2 General Discussion (NO SPOILERS)

Log Horizon is getting a second season beginning this Fall.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...airs-this-fall
Old 2014-03-22, 17:23   Link #2
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Is it Summer/Fall 2014 yet?

Anyways can't wait to see the character development.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 17:24   Link #3
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
Is it Summer/Fall 2014 yet?

Anyways can't wait to see the character development.
The link above lists it as beginning in Fall only ... but come to think of it I may just have misread your comment.

The text in the link reads:

Quote:
It looks like anime fans will not be long without their adventures into the world of Elder Tale. The fall 2013/winter 2014 anime adaptation of Mamare Touno's Log Horizon light novel series, about players living in a fictional MMORPG, has ended with the notice that the anime will recommence in fall 2014.
Old 2014-03-22, 17:29   Link #4
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Well, that was...fast!! I'm not surprised though, considering how popular it is in the anime community.

Also, probably one of the most intelligent anime I've seen in years, so I welcome this second season with arms wide open.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 17:29   Link #5
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

I was just saying that because I'm also waiting for SAO2 LOL.

It's nice having 2 of my favorite series adapted back to back. Now if only some other Chinese light novels get an adaptation too...

Old 2014-03-22, 22:30   Link #6
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
I was just saying that because I'm also waiting for SAO2 LOL.

It's nice having 2 of my favorite series adapted back to back. Now if only some other Chinese light novels get an adaptation too...
Yes, we won't be catching any break from VRMMO-like setting this year, and having to deal with people comparing both series seem inevitable which will be bothersome.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 22:38   Link #7
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Yes, we won't be catching any break from VRMMO-like setting this year, and having to deal with people comparing both series seem inevitable which will be bothersome.
Agree. But let's just say that Sword Art Online and Log Horizon are the same, yet different as in night and day.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 22:47   Link #8
The Green One

Just as long as it doesn't devolve into they typical SAO complaint fest in a Log Horizon thread.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 23:36   Link #9
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Just as long as it doesn't devolve into they typical SAO complaint fest in a Log Horizon thread.
That's sadly a tall order. There are a number of Log Horizon fans who also happen to be SAO haters.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-23, 00:02   Link #10
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
That's sadly a tall order. There are a number of Log Horizon fans who also happen to be SAO haters.
And that applies the other way around. Now, I wonder if they'll keep the budget like in the first season? They're not doing it big compared to Nobunaga: The Fool.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-23, 00:58   Link #11
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Which is quite sad to be honest.

Some people join a bandwagon to hatefest on a series every season in order to appear a certain way, instead of appreciating that something gets an adaptation at all. Producing anime isn't cheap after all.

Old 2014-03-23, 01:13   Link #12
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Please feel free to report such things is the threads veer off topic like this....
Old 2014-03-23, 03:58   Link #13
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Agree. But let's just say that Sword Art Online and Log Horizon are the same, yet different as in night and day.
Same basic setting & the same central plot point. Only thing that sets both apart is that one focused on romance first & foremost, while the other chose to go with politics. Either way, I've no probs with both series, but yup, this year is the year of comparisons. The VRMMO anime fanwar is upon us. -_-
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-23, 04:01   Link #14
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
While it's clear from SAO that they are in a VRMMORPG, Elder Tales in LH is a mouse and keyboard MMORPG. It's closer to a snatched-to-another-land story disguised as a trapped-in-a-game story. But yeah, the truth is more complex than both sides (Elder Tales is a VR or Elder Tales is a fantasy world a la Narnia) would like to believe.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-23, 04:15   Link #15
Hoaviet

SAO makes more sense how they got trapped but Log Horizon has more mystery of how they got trapped and how are they going to get back.
Old 2014-03-23, 04:28   Link #16
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoaviet View Post
SAO makes more sense how they got trapped but Log Horizon has more mystery of how they got trapped and how are they going to get back.
I think there are more to that than "We gotta get back". The world of Elder Tales appears to be a world that needs to be healed and fixed, like a lighter version of the world of Dark Souls. Speculation; one possible course of action would be to find out how to fix that world and make the life of the People of the Land better, then going home/staying (it's possible that not everyone want to go back).
Old 2014-03-23, 19:07   Link #17
Dark Wing

Maybe with any luck we'll see an adaptation of some of the side story material.
Old 2014-03-23, 19:19   Link #18
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Maybe with any luck we'll see an adaptation of some of the side story material.
I feel as though Nyanta's would be the only one that would get adapted by NHK if they planned on doing one, since it's more light-hearted and slice-of-life.

Honey Moon Logs is ... meh (the whole flavor-text thing was introduced much earlier than it was in the LN), WWB is arguably pretty dark for NHK that is harder to cut out and thus would have to be altered more, and Kanami's side-story isn't that difficult but the second they get to *those* monsters, they might have to tone down their nightmarish appearances.
Old 2014-03-24, 02:41   Link #19
ApathyEcstasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
I think there are more to that than "We gotta get back". The world of Elder Tales appears to be a world that needs to be healed and fixed, like a lighter version of the world of Dark Souls. Speculation; one possible course of action would be to find out how to fix that world and make the life of the People of the Land better, then going home/staying (it's possible that not everyone want to go back).
Isn't it also possible that there's no going back?
ApathyEcstasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 03:45   Link #20
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApathyEcstasy View Post
Isn't it also possible that there's no going back?
That would definitely suck for those wishing to go back. tbh I'd prefer to leave the two options open. Some people like Touya may not wish to go back as a cripple/whatever sucked for them in 21st century Earth. (I have a father who is now crippled so I can sympathize with the boy when I remember the lively person my father used to be).