AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-22, 12:43   Link #81
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
Also we just embarked on our glorious bleach like "good guys vs bad guys weekly wrestling storyline".I hope they will do much better than just showing off each other with cool empty words and useless devil fruit spamming.
I'm a little worried about this as well. Here's hoping that these new characters won't act as nothing more than plot devices used to expand the Shichibukai/Vice-Admirals/Admiral characters (like how the majority of the Espada and Fraccion were used to "develop" the human characters).

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
And about the ministory..... I wonder how gaining so much weight is going to benefit Usopp? He's gonna take up sumo or something?
By adding so much fat, he will have increased shock absorbers, and be able to take even more damage . Or, maybe all of the fat will be turned into muscle somehow...

Last edited by james0246; 2009-07-22 at 13:06.
Old 2009-07-22, 13:49   Link #82
marvelB

Hey, there's more pics out now (and in much better quality than the earlier ones)! Ironically, the pic of the NW captains is missing amongst them.....

Anyway, one of the pics is a flashback of Ace meeting Luffy for the first time (Luffy looks a LOT like his post-Gear 3 form, heh). Also, despite my (very) limited knowledge of Japanese, Luffy clearly calls the man standing next to him Dadan. Interestingly enough, we don't get a clear view of his face.... but he seems to be an old guy. Well, I'm just glad to finally get a glimpse of him!

By the way, judging from those new pics, there seems to be a LOT more than 8 pirate ships accompanying Whitebeard. Perhaps we'll be introduced to more NW pirates in the next few chapters.......

And lol at the pic with Buggy. His followers really DO seem to be worshipping him like a god now. Maybe they think that he's the one who summoned all those NW pirates to Marineford?

Edit: Okay, so the commanders appear in a small panel on one of the pages, but the only that's clearly shown is Marco (I can also make out Jozu's clothes, but otherwise don't see anyone else). Guess we still gotta wait before all their faces are shown.....

Last edited by marvelB; 2009-07-22 at 14:02.
Old 2009-07-22, 13:59   Link #83
zamme
Wandering Prophet

Send a message via MSN to zamme
My predictions for the coming arc;

The schichibukai and WB's underling captains will keep each other busy during most of this battle. Moria will fight with the female captain who turns out to be Lola's mother. Blackbeard and/or Doflamingo will take this opportunity to initiate one of their sneaky plans. Perhaps it's the beginning of Doflamingo's "new era" he always talks about?

WG himself will just rampage through the main front of the HQ together with his commanders and eventually hold all three admirals off to show his strength. He eventually saves Ace, but faces against Sengokou. Weakened by the admirals who now either retreats from the battle or are distracted by something else, he will be pretty much defeated by Sengokou.

The Straw Hat crew arrives to the scene, Luffy exchanges a few words with Ace before he pulls back. Just when Sengokou is about to deliver the final blow, somehow (by accident?) Buggy will be the one that eventually kills WG to his own and everyone elses surprise. (Would be an interesting event, nobody were taking Buggy serious when he claimed this. Nobody!)

All of the new world forces retreats from the island when WG has fallen, leaving Ace as his successor. The schichibukai killed off a few new world captains, but not without injuries. Buggy crew arrives to pull their captain away from the midst. Rayleigh shows up and takes Luffy back to Sabaody Archipelago where the straw hats eventually regroup to go to the fishmen island.
Old 2009-07-22, 14:04   Link #84
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
Hey, there's more pics out now (and in much better quality than the earlier ones)! Ironically, the pic of the NW captains is missing amongst them.....

Anyway, one of the pics is a flashback of Ace meeting Luffy for the first time (Luffy looks a LOT like his post-Gear 3 form, heh). Also, despite my (very) limited knowledge of Japanese, Luffy clearly calls the man standing next to him Dadan. Interestingly enough, we don't get a clear view of his face.... but he seems to be an old guy. Well, I'm just glad to finally get a glimpse of him!

By the way, judging from those new pics, there seems to be a LOT more than 8 pirate ships accompanying Whitebeard. Perhaps we'll be introduced to more NW pirates in the next few chapters.......

And lol at the pic with Buggy. His followers really DO seem to be worshipping him like a god now. Maybe they think that he's the one who summoned all those NW pirates to Marineford?

Edit: Okay, so the commanders appear in a small panel on one of the pages, but the only that's clearly shown is Marco (I can also make out Jozu's clothes, but otherwise don't see anyone else). Guess we still gotta wait before all their faces are shown.....
OMG! Dadan is there? HOW?
Old 2009-07-22, 14:07   Link #85
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetic_justice View Post
OMG! Dadan is there? HOW?

Uh, I just said that he was shown in a flashback.

By the way, there's also a promo pic for movie 10, which.... just shows the Straw-Hats with some funny shocked expressions on their face. It's still slated to come out in December.....

Edit: So it turns out that Ace had his own pirate crew before joining Whitebeard after all. Sengoku refers to his old crew as the "Speed Pirates". I guess that crew got decimated by Whitebeard, considering that earlier flashback that Ace had during the Impel Down arc......

Last edited by marvelB; 2009-07-22 at 14:54.
Old 2009-07-22, 14:56   Link #86
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Can't wait to see the chapter, but before that... I wonder how Whitebeard managed to gather all those allies. Do they owe him something, did he threaten them into coming along, promised them some great rewards, do they feel that the balance of power would shift in favor of the World Government if WB went in alone and got wiped outmaybe he, or do they just like to take the opportunity to bump heads with the WG?

Last edited by Trax; 2009-07-22 at 15:29.
Old 2009-07-22, 15:03   Link #87
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I couldn't agree more with you on this. A lot of anime/manga fans are only interested in the "pretty boys" or "badasses". I say screw them. As I've said before (which is one of the main reasons why I love One Piece), Oda's designs are eccentric. The diversity in his character designs is absolutely astounding, and because of his creativity we are always treated to something that is new, fresh, and different. It's nice to see someone like you who can also appreciate variety .

I'm loving the designs of the new world captains, and rest assured marvelB, I haven't dismissed them as fodder. I'm pretty sure that they're going to put up one hell of a fight, and I'm looking forward to seeing them kick some ass. They're going to give us a taste of what the level of power is like in the new world.
I agree with the both of u as well. At 1st when i saw them this morning, i didn't really know what to make of their designs, but as the day has gone on, they've grown on me. I totally dig that guy with the badass mustache , with a mustache that awesome, you know he's gonna kick ass

Quote:
Uh, I just said that he was shown in a flashback.

By the way, there's also a promo pic for movie 10, which.... just shows the Straw-Hats with some funny shocked expressions on their face. It's still slated to come out in December.....

Edit: So it turns out that Ace had his own pirate crew before joining Whitebeard after all. Sengoku refers to his old crew as the "Speed Pirates". I guess that crew got decimated by Whitebeard, considering that earlier flashback that Ace had during the Impel Down arc......
Actually, i think the most likely possiblity is that Ace's former crew, probably followed their Captain and joined WB's crew, and subsquently became a part of Ace's 2nd Division.
I'm also guessing it was when he had his own crew, he encountered Jimbei and they fought, which probably made him famous.

You can tell the Marines are totally crapping themselves in fear just from WB being in their presence.
Old 2009-07-22, 15:16   Link #88
marvelB

Ah, the name of Ace's crew was the Spade pirates, not Speed. It actually makes sense, too (ace of spades, get it? ). But yeah, I'm also pretty sure that it was during that time when Ace met Jinbei. Heh, now I'm pretty interested in knowing who Ace's crewmates are.....
Old 2009-07-22, 15:35   Link #89
SMASHERJACKSON

wow Dadan rly looks like of the gorusei......

and garp looks/ed bad ass

also wanted to add that im not so sure that the wb will be left intact after this, they could possibly with marco but would they rly be strong enough vs the other 3 yonkou?

Last edited by SMASHERJACKSON; 2009-07-22 at 15:48.
Old 2009-07-22, 15:48   Link #90
Rainbowman

Quote:
PROMO PIC?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I'd like to see that imedietly.
Old 2009-07-22, 20:05   Link #91
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
It almost feels like Whitebeard is going to sacrifice himself for Ace. Hopefully, that won't happen. And, considering Whitebeard's plans regarding Ace, it also feels like Roger was an entity beyond the peak Whitebeard could have reached even if he had lived a thousand years. Who knows, maybe the pirate that Whitebeard couldn't manage to beat wasn't even using a good portion of his strength.
Newgate was the Pirate kings equal. IIRC
Old 2009-07-22, 20:58   Link #92
marvelB

Bah, looks like another error was made on my part..... that guy from the flashback wasn't Dadan, but merely Garp. He's just telling Luffy that he's going to be living with Dadan and Ace. So it would seem that once again, Garp's mysterious friend has eluded us.......

Oh, and it also seems that Sengoku says that Ace's old crew was quite formidable. Now I'm even more interested in the history of the Spade Pirates. And once again, big lulz at the Buggy scene (apparently, he thinks that even the heavens want him to become Pirate King).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
PROMO PIC?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I'd like to see that imedietly.

There's not really much to it, but whatever:

Spoiler:

Edit: Okay, so things are much clearer now, thanks to aohige's pic translation. According to the marines, a grand total of 43 pirate ships busted into Marineford. Some of the named captains are "Free Knight" Doma, "Thunder Lord" Makugai, The Decalvan brothers, and the Whirlpool Squad (the last one may not be accurate since the text was too blurry for aohige to make out). I'm assuming that Makugai is the dude with the crazy mustache. If so, then he's got a pretty badass name! As for the Shichibukai, both Moria and Doflamingo in particular seem to be enjoying themselves......

And.... geez, according to the flashback, the marines are capturing and even killing pregnant mothers and newborn children left and right in their frantic search for Rouge (simply because they want to erase Roger's bloodline...). Once again, we see how out of control the marines can be when enforcing their "absolute justice".......

Last edited by marvelB; 2009-07-23 at 01:41.
Old 2009-07-23, 02:09   Link #93
james0246

It seems that Whitebeard's ship was able travel underwater because it was coated. I wonder if this is a sign that Rayleigh will appear.

Also, judging by how several of the NW Captains address Ace, as well as Ace reaction to them, I have to wonder if any of them might be former members of Roger's crew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold View Post
Newgate was the Pirate kings equal. IIRC
No, Newgate (along with Garp) was the Pirate King's babysitter .
Old 2009-07-23, 03:53   Link #94
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
Anyone feel like Yonko are naming thier successors. Whitebeard seems to have deemed ACE his succesor. Luffy in a sense seems like Shank's succesor.
Old 2009-07-23, 04:01   Link #95
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
I think Shanks is too young to have a successor just yet.

In any case, Luffy doesn't want to be a Yonkou; hes aiming for something way higher.
Old 2009-07-23, 05:59   Link #96
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Oh, and it also seems that Sengoku says that Ace's old crew was quite formidable. Now I'm even more interested in the history of the Spade Pirates
Me too.
I wonder what happen to his crew, some of them might be in his division. I wonder what Ace's Vice-Captain might be like.

Quote:
And.... geez, according to the flashback, the marines are capturing and even killing pregnant mothers and newborn children left and right in their frantic search for Rouge (simply because they want to erase Roger's bloodline...). Once again, we see how out of control the marines can be when enforcing their "absolute justice".......
This is the shit that gets under my skin.
Then that bastard going to sit there and call Ace the son of the Roger "the world's greatest evil"... that bastard is so self-righteous its sickening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashesatdusk View Post
Anyone feel like Yonkou are naming their successors. Whitebeard seems to have deemed ACE his successor. Luffy in a sense seems like Shank's successor.
You might be right, because I can't see Luffy and Shanks fighting (let alone fight to death or something like that to be the King).
Old 2009-07-23, 07:16   Link #97
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

I'm going to go out on a limb, and say that definitely by the end of this Arc, Ace will be a Yonkou. I also predict that either Luffy or Blackbeard will also succeed the title of one of the four.

There' also nothing preventing the Government fom recognizing more than four people as being highly threatening enough to be classed as an Emperor, though, and since we have so many promising candidates coming up, and only ONE free slot (I'm assuming Whitebeard), we may actually see a Fifth Emperor.

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2009-07-23, 09:07   Link #98
kakakka

Quote:
It seems that Whitebeard's ship was able travel underwater because it was coated. I wonder if this is a sign that Rayleigh will appear.
I don't see how's that a clear connection. I thought Rayleigh is not the only one to coat a ship. But I think Rayleigh might appear, if he knows that Roger's son is going to be executed.
Old 2009-07-23, 11:22   Link #99
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Quote:
I'm going to go out on a limb, and say that definitely by the end of this Arc, Ace will be a Yonkou. I also predict that either Luffy or Blackbeard will also succeed the title of one of the four.

My guess is that If by any chance Whitebeard dies here and leaves the crew to such unexperienced person like Ace (unexperienced for yonkou level) Kaidou will annhiliate him before he can get out of the goddamn marineford.Shanks wont be always there to prevent him attacking the whiteys.Without Whitebeard's legend they will become easy prey for every other silver medalist out there.
Old 2009-07-23, 15:57   Link #100
Rainbowman

Quote:
There's not really much to it, but whatever:

Spoiler:
The only member of the Strawhat crew that doesn't share the same look of shock among the others is Nami. Whatever is troubling her is what concerns me the most. I hope Nami is not going to be taken out of the story of One Piece by leaving the crew or worse:

GETTING KILLED.

Quote:
Those actions you mentioned are unforgivable indeed. Whatever Sengoku was thinking in taking these actions must be out of ignorance. Same goes for Spandam of CP9 and the entire Gorosei. I have a feeling this war will be as devastating as the climax of WATCHMEN with Blackbeard in the role of Adrian Vieht B.K.A. Ozzymandias with the attitude of Edward Blake B.K.A. The Comedian. The way I see it, Blackbeard would create a mountain-sized black hole sucking up the majority of the Marines and possibly Whitebeard and end up destroying them just like Ozzymandias destroyed half of New York teleporting the created creature; or in the case of the film version, the nuclear reactors partially made by Dr. Manhatten.

Last edited by Rainbowman; 2009-07-24 at 00:46.
Closed Thread