AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 43 32.09%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 40 29.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 15.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 11.94%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 7.46%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.24%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-05, 10:20   Link #81
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Already there's 5 pages of discussion before any English subs are out, meaning the story's that good that people are compelled to look for raws (or subs in other languages, primarily Chinese) to satiate their curiosity, huh? Absolutely.

First, on the adults: Yuri-chan, despite her still unfortunately being single, is a great teacher; Ya-chan, despite her being a very klutzy woman, is a great mother. Enough said. (Maybe Taiga's unseen mother is a good mother as well, but this episode does not go into much detail. )

Now, with the fallout from last episode, the character dynamics are now completely different.

Kitamura, it's safe to say, has been relegated to reliable sidekick (foolish comic relief is Haruta's job). To emphasize this, he's not even in the ED animation.

Ami still hasn't gotten over her brawl with Minorin.

Minorin is trying to work her socks off in order to dull the angst of having to face Ryuji, but it seems she's coming close to making a decision with her "confession" to Ami.

Taiga, upon hearing Ryuji's white lie, decides to go on as though nothing happened.

That leaves the ball solely on Ryuji's court. He can no longer feign ignorance. This being a transitional episode, Ryuji is still figuring out where his true feelings lie, there's still four weeks for us to speculate and figure out.

Since the final novel volume is out, I have something to say concerning the use and viewing of spoiler tags in episode-specific threads.

Here are my recommendations on how to minimize risk of "accidentally" getting spoiled by spoiler tags in these episode threads:
From now on until you've actually read the book and/or until the anime is completed, simply avoid ALL spoiler tags in episode threads just to be safe.
Old 2009-03-05, 11:28   Link #82
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Here are my recommendations on how to minimize risk of "accidentally" getting spoiled by spoiler tags in these episode threads:
From now on until you've actually read the book and/or until the anime is completed, simply avoid ALL spoiler tags in episode threads just to be safe.
Resistance is futile... there is already a lot of surrended people at Novel thread
Old 2009-03-05, 11:32   Link #83
JetsDuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Resistance is futile... there is already a lot of surrended people at Novel thread
Like me!

I couldn't help it, I went over to the novel thread and spoiled it all for myself.
Old 2009-03-05, 11:44   Link #84
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

So did I. But I already knew I wouldn't be able to wait...

Old 2009-03-05, 11:50   Link #85
JFKWT

the 1st part is out on youtube but i don't dare to watch it =X
Old 2009-03-05, 12:25   Link #86
kimholm

Well I just did and I'm dying for more!
Old 2009-03-05, 13:06   Link #87
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
How impatient you lot are. Young people these days.
Old 2009-03-05, 14:41   Link #88
Beo
where's the snow?

But you did read the book.
Old 2009-03-05, 15:06   Link #89
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beo View Post
But you did read the book.
Only up to volume 7. I'm still waiting for volume 8 for my language coming next month. Can we not go ?
Old 2009-03-05, 20:12   Link #90
typhonsentra

The second part of that one guy's Youtube subs are up now.
Old 2009-03-05, 20:35   Link #91
4get

All 3 parts are out.
Old 2009-03-05, 20:46   Link #92
ElementSun

holy crap the first 60 seconds = win.

I laughed so hard, I woke up my roommates
Old 2009-03-05, 20:51   Link #93
naxx

cant find on youtube wtf.....
Old 2009-03-05, 20:55   Link #94
typhonsentra

Post #4 Has the URL.
Old 2009-03-06, 00:01   Link #95
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

As always, here is my episode summary, impressions, and comments:

Toradora - 22: His and her pain

I found a lot more to note in this episode, so the post is significantly longer. I hope it's as intuitive and cogent as well. I hope you could read and comment!

Thanks.
Old 2009-03-06, 00:10   Link #96
roan

I think you sort of missed hitting the nail on the head about Ami. In fact, I think a lot of us did.
Old 2009-03-06, 00:12   Link #97
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

But I don't read the novels!
Old 2009-03-06, 00:29   Link #98
roan

Nah, it's not even about that. Some of this excessive romantic outlook might have been skewed due to CoalGuy's translation of "Watashi mo irete yo" into "Give me another chance", instead of "Put me in too".

Edit: After thinking about it a little more, she might have really been saying that she wanted to play house too.

Ami, in retrospect, isn't really that complicated. Misleading maybe, but that's about it.

See, I'm viewing this scene over here as being miscommunication between Ami and Minori. The way how Minori is acting desperate here really, really, looks like she's trying to make excuses to Ami as if Ami's the big adult.

And Ami, here, is fed up because she isn't. From a viewer point of view and not as a reader, Ami's irritation is how Minori is thinking too much about her egocentric (substitute with a lighter word since I can't think of anything else at the moment) view of the world and not actually looking around at the reality; which would be that Ami isn't the last best hope for humanity and.....other stuff that would be serious spoilers.

Minori's metaphors really only apply to herself and expecting other people to understand them is kinda....whaaat? How is Ami supposed to understand that? And why does she have to put up with listening to indirect excuses from this girl in her safe zone?

In any case, to see how Minori views and continues to view her Ami, watch episode 15 again.

Last edited by roan; 2009-03-06 at 02:24.
Old 2009-03-06, 01:43   Link #99
Donpablo

Torrent is up- get it while it's hot!
Old 2009-03-06, 01:56   Link #100
ElementSun

Spoiler:
Closed Thread