AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2017-10-03, 07:35   Link #61
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Well, yeah, but normally a mortal shouldn't be strong enough to beat a God at Beerus's level. And you also worded it as "somewhat beat Beerus", which sounds like Beerus wasn't really defeated.
Old 2017-10-03, 07:56   Link #62
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Well, yeah, but normally a mortal shouldn't be strong enough to beat a God at Beerus's level. And you also worded it as "somewhat beat Beerus", which sounds like Beerus wasn't really defeated.
I had to used that word because we don't see who is that mortal and how he beat Beerus. And yeah, I don't doubt the credibility of Whis though.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-03, 09:34   Link #63
DragonOsman
Dragon King

But still, I have my doubts about whether Whis really meant that Beerus was completely defeated. You said he/she (whichever) "somewhat beat Beerus".
Old 2017-10-03, 09:56   Link #64
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

He lost once in an arm-wrestling match against that Mouse looking Destruction God... And in that Destruction God's universe, there is mortal that more powerful than God of Destruction of that universe...
Old 2017-10-03, 10:11   Link #65
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Just to clarify: Whis said there is a mortal in some universe that even its God of Destruction can't beat. And that this particular GoD is stronger than Beerus. Beerus then replies it's not true that GoD is stronger than him and that he only lost to him once in an arm wrestling match.

It's basically the exchange Beerus and Quitela had in the latest chapter, which led people to the conclusion the mortal stronger than a GoD is from U4. However, there is some debate since we can't be sure this information is also canon to the anime. It could be intended to be a red herring.
Old 2017-10-03, 10:24   Link #66
DragonOsman
Dragon King

If he only lost in an arm-wrestling match, does it even count? Even if he lost to a mortal in an arm-wrestling match, it doesn't really count as long as that mortal doesn't beat him in an actual fight. Fair and square.
Old 2017-10-03, 10:29   Link #67
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Well, after chapter 28 released... Everyone starts thinking that Quitela cheating in arms wrestling match...
Old 2017-10-04, 17:40   Link #68
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Even if there was no cheating, I'm still with Beerus on that one: an arm-wrestling match isn't a good enough way to gauge a fighter's power. Beerus would still win in an actual fight.
Old 2017-10-04, 17:54   Link #69
n0m@n
C-Z

If it was other GoD such as Belmod (Universe 11) then I would believe it. But since it's Quitela it seems fishy. He along with Champa and Sidra appears to be the weakest among the 12 Gods (just my opinion).

Last edited by n0m@n; 2017-10-04 at 18:44.
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-04, 18:10   Link #70
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Agree with N0m here... Hard to believe that rat looking GoD more powerful than Beerus...

Last edited by Ruki0089; 2017-10-04 at 22:57.
Ruki0089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-04, 21:55   Link #71
Lord C

Well, we do know Champa matches Beerus in power itself according to the flashback. But power isn't everything. Champa admitted not having trained in decades, while Beerus even while holding back, has been practicing somewhat with the bouts he had with Goku in BoG and with Vegeta recently. Not to mention, we do know Champa has lower stamina and as we have witnessed sagas ago, that makes a lot of difference in a fight.

A person with skill can beat people stronger than him. While a battle of people with roughly the same power can become a match of endurance. Hell, Vegeta VS Black in the manga eventually turned in Vegeta's favor due to that, as while they had roughly the same power, Vegeta could lessen the power drain from Blue with God-Blue. Meanwhile, Goku is mindful of attempting Blue after using Mafuba, as he noted the form's stamina drain, meaning even if he could access its explosive power, he wouldn't be able to sustain it for long.

We have a bunch of God of Destructions, but as we have seen so far, only about 4 of them kept being dilligent through those recent years. Even assuming the 12 gods have about the same power, it's clear this isn't everything and some of them must be out of practice.
Old 2017-10-05, 17:27   Link #72
DragonOsman
Dragon King

^I'm with this guy.

But maybe a strong enough mortal could beat Beerus in an arm-wrestling match. Either way, though, it's still "just" and arm-wrestling match and not a real fight.
Old 2017-10-07, 05:08   Link #73
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
^I'm with this guy.

But maybe a strong enough mortal could beat Beerus in an arm-wrestling match. Either way, though, it's still "just" and arm-wrestling match and not a real fight.
Anime just revealed that one of the mortals in the tournament are GoD level.
Old 2017-10-07, 05:45   Link #74
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Pretty interesting. Thanks for the info.

That makes me a bit more hopeful that Goku can also reach that level. He and Vegeta did say they're training under Whis so that they can reach Beerus's level, after all.

Who is it, by the way? Is it the strongest guy in the tournament, the one Goku can't beat yet?

I want Goku and Vegeta to find out that Beerus lied about Monaka. They need to know that they're the second and third strongest mortals in all of the universes combined (though they're also stronger than the Kaios) and that Monaka is a weakling.
Old 2017-10-07, 06:10   Link #75
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Pretty interesting. Thanks for the info.
Who is it, by the way? Is it the strongest guy in the tournament, the one Goku can't beat yet?
Spoiler for That guy:
Old 2017-10-07, 06:17   Link #76
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Well, not surprised seeing Jiren's level is GoD level...
Old 2017-10-07, 07:07   Link #77
DragonOsman
Dragon King

So that's the strongest guy in the all-universe tournament? I see, I see.

I wonder if his universe's God of Destruction is annoyed at him being at his level? Beerus didn't seem to like Goku trying to get to that level and seemed to think his position as the God of Destruction of the 7th universe was being threatened. Is Jiren's universe's God of Destruction like that, too?
Old 2017-10-07, 07:44   Link #78
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Beerus never really annoyed if Goku reach his level actually...
Old 2017-10-07, 08:03   Link #79
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Beerus asked Goku why he wants to get stronger when he's already so strong. And also asked if he's planning to become a God of Destruction. He didn't seem to like it. Just saying.
Old 2017-10-07, 11:38   Link #80
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Well, in manga he keep recommended GoD job to Goku...

Tags
donkan mc