AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-12-20, 15:20   Link #4281
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
I agree with Renall, I don't think Kinzo is crazy. Certainly he is eccentric and thinks in a different way than normal people do. This is what Nanjo and Genji who know him better than anyone else say about him. However this is only proof of him being a genius.

Both geniuses and mad people are not normal, and are significantly different from the rest of the world. The only way you can tell them apart is by judging their achievements, if they don't achieve anything they are crazy, if they achieve the impossible they are geniuses. Kinzo achieved the impossible, Kinzo is a genius.
Normal people do not understand his reasons. Why he was obsessed with occultism? Why he secluded himself in a desert island? Why teasing the family with such a worthless riddle?
If his actions were perfectly understandable by anyone, he wouldn't be a genius.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 16:00   Link #4282
Nontype
CONTRACTS
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
I'm wondering what you guys think of the pony theory.

Also, is it possible that
Spoiler for Episode 4:
Nontype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 16:13   Link #4283
Joneleth
Blue Wizard
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Brussels
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Joneleth
No.
Spoiler for red:
Joneleth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 16:39   Link #4284
Used Can
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
What if the red refers to another Ushiromiya Asumu? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?
__________________
"The name is Tin; Used is just an alias. I'm everything Shoe Box would like to be." - Used Can of the Aluminium Kingdom
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 16:48   Link #4285
Marion
The Great Dine
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
What if the red refers to another Ushiromiya Asumu? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?
Then that's a really really cheap trick. I rather believe that Ryukishi wouldn't resort to such a lame trick and I fully believe Beato wouldn't resort to such a tactic either, since she was ALREADY tricking him by saying that he wasn't Kinzo's grandson because Asumu wasn't his mother.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 17:22   Link #4286
Catmask
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Excuse me for interrupting the topic your talking about, but I noticed
something creepy. ^^" (I don't know whether someone noticed it before or not.)

Spoiler for Portrait Ep.5:


Excuse me if this was asked some time ago.
Catmask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 17:38   Link #4287
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ImaginaryLand
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catmask View Post
Excuse me for interrupting the topic your talking about, but I noticed
something creepy. ^^" (I don't know whether someone noticed it before or not.)

Spoiler for Portrait Ep.5:


Excuse me if this was asked some time ago.
It was noticed back in July when it first came out.
It's still unknown who the hand belongs to... but I'm guessing it doesn't really matter at this point.
__________________

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 17:47   Link #4288
Nontype
CONTRACTS
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Then that's a really really cheap trick. I rather believe that Ryukishi wouldn't resort to such a lame trick and I fully believe Beato wouldn't resort to such a tactic either, since she was ALREADY tricking him by saying that he wasn't Kinzo's grandson because Asumu wasn't his mother.
What? Kinzo isn't related to Asumu.

Also,

Spoiler for Pony Theory (Ep 3&4):
Nontype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 17:49   Link #4289
Tyabann
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
I'm still hoping for a flashback to the 30s or 40s to see what Kinzo was really like.
Ten bucks says he looks and talks exactly like Battler.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 17:52   Link #4290
TsundereCake
真 ラブ
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Everywhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Ten bucks says he looks and talks exactly like Battler.
- Until he turns into a creepy rapist
We can only hope that Battler doesn't turn out the same way xD
__________________
I need a new sig ⊙︿⊙
TsundereCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 18:21   Link #4291
Marion
The Great Dine
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nontype View Post
What? Kinzo isn't related to Asumu.

Also,

Spoiler for Pony Theory (Ep 3&4):
Exactly. Beato was basically tricking him. She said that Battler wasn't qualified to be her opponent because Asumu wasn't his mother. But since Asumu isn't directly related to Kinzo that doesn't make sense. She knew Battler would freak out too much to even interject and say that though. Not that you can blame him.

And yes I know what the pony theory is :P
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 18:33   Link #4292
ErenselTheJester
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: In the Meta- World... on Virgillia's bed.
The "Pony" Theory... Ah! Battler is the reincarnation of Kinzo's heart and soul in the same way that Beatrice was reincarnated as a physical being. Thus, Battler has the same mentality as Kinzo did back when he was sane. Consequently, Beatrice and Battler spoke to each other, but when they did, Battler wasn't speaking as Battler but as Kinzo's reincarnate with Beatrice recognizing him as both Kinzo and Battler. Sadly, when Battler gave up his name as an Ushiromiya, he also gave up his identity as Kinzo's reincarnation and thus broke his promise. This can also lead to speculation that Battler's promise to Beatrice was "I'll uphold the Ushiromiya name, revive you, and we'll be together forever."
ErenselTheJester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 20:44   Link #4293
Kaiba
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Houston
Nontype, your image link isn't working, so I have no clue what you're talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErenselTheJester View Post
The "Pony" Theory... Ah! Battler is the reincarnation of Kinzo's heart and soul in the same way that Beatrice was reincarnated as a physical being. Thus, Battler has the same mentality as Kinzo did back when he was sane. Consequently, Beatrice and Battler spoke to each other, but when they did, Battler wasn't speaking as Battler but as Kinzo's reincarnate with Beatrice recognizing him as both Kinzo and Battler. Sadly, when Battler gave up his name as an Ushiromiya, he also gave up his identity as Kinzo's reincarnation and thus broke his promise. This can also lead to speculation that Battler's promise to Beatrice was "I'll uphold the Ushiromiya name, revive you, and we'll be together forever."
The sin I am now demanding that you remember is not between Ushiromiya Battler and Beatrice.
How do you get around that?

And also note that is not the only variation of the pony theory - I subscribe to it myself, using Shannon.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 20:54   Link #4294
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
That's right. The pony theory works better with Shannon as the subject.

Theorizing that the promise was made to a real Beatrice that was disguising as Shannon only complicates things, but I guess this passage was added by those that don't want to break the George+Shannon couple.

And still I find ironic that someone that supports the pony theory fails to notice who is the one that better remembers Battler's embarrassing statements of 6 years before.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 20:55   Link #4295
Kitsu
The unlucky one
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hiding
Quote:
Nontype, your image link isn't working, so I have no clue what you're talking about.
Basically it's about that there was another Beatrice. Who was hidden in Kuwadorian and protected by Genji and Kumasawa. Shanno was hired as a playmate for the new Beatrice. Beato wanted to know how the outside looks alike and how the Ushiromiya family is like. So Shannon and her switch places. Battler and Beato meet. Battler is dumb and doesn't notice. Battler promises Beato to come back on a white hourse and does the "See you again" line. The promise. Battler forgot that over the years and this is his sin.

Quote:
The sin I am now demanding that you remember is not between Ushiromiya Battler and Beatrice.
How do you get around that?
During that time Beatrice was Virgillia (at least in the pony theory) and "Beato" had a differten name. (It is suspected to be "Maria" in the pony theory)

I'm not really sure what to think about this theory. I kinda thinks it feels off somehow. Maybe if it would explain why everyone dies it would be more plausible for me. Cuase
Because of your sin people die on ROkkenjima but why would Beato or anyone else kill unrelated family members if it was such a promise. Especially since in the pony theory...Beato gets dragged in (means she is innocent)..so I think the sin part doesn't amke really sense or something. But maybe someone here an explain that to me

Quote:
but I guess this passage was added by those that don't want to break the George+Shannon couple.
I think its more likely because they want Beato to exist
__________________
Thanks for the Signature, Vandakiara
Kitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 21:02   Link #4296
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
That's a weak theory since the girl that was living in Kuwadorian in 1967 was called Beatrice. In that case Virgilia would be a successor instead of a predecessor, and that makes absolutely no sense.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 21:07   Link #4297
Kitsu
The unlucky one
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hiding
Quote:
That's a weak theory since the girl that was living in Kuwadorian in 1967 was called Beatrice. In that case Virgilia would be a successor instead of a predecessor, and that makes absolutely no sense.
Like I said I think this theory is kinda off at some parts. I jsut put down the stuff on the picture since Kaiba said he couldn't see it.
I kinda still believe
The sin I am now demanding that you remember is not between Ushiromiya Battler and Beatrice.
means in that case really
This sin is not between you and me
__________________
Thanks for the Signature, Vandakiara
Kitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 21:20   Link #4298
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
That's also the most probable scenario in my opinion. Which is the main reason that while i'm 90% sure Battler sinned against Shannon, I'm not so sure that Shannon is Beatrice.

In other words Beatrice could be someone who particularly cares for Shannon.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 21:29   Link #4299
Kitsu
The unlucky one
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hiding
Quote:
That's also the most probable scenario in my opinion. Which is the main reason that while i'm 90% sure Battler sinned against Shannon, I'm not so sure that Shannon is Beatrice.
Whle I'm not sure that Battler sinned against Shannon, I also have the feeling that the promise part is right. I mean there are just to mayn subtle hints and that stuff but no matter how hard I think about it. I can't imagine someone going on a killing spree because Battler promised to come back on a white horse and didn't do it. I mean, what kind of maniac...
Because of your sin people die on Rokkenjima
Was there a red truth saying which year? I just can't remember clearly. I mean in what year those people die?
Quote:
In other words Beatrice could be someone who particularly cares for Shannon.
i think there is still the high chance of more than one Beatrice. To be exact two. Just who got hurt due the sin? I think EP 6 will make a lot of things more clearer or amybe messier at that parts.
__________________
Thanks for the Signature, Vandakiara
Kitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 21:32   Link #4300
Nontype
CONTRACTS
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
Nontype, your image link isn't working, so I have no clue what you're talking about.
Does it work now? if not, try this link http://img.imgcake.com/pony_theory.jpg

It actually addresses your concern about the sin "not being between battler and beatrice" in a pretty interesting way. Personally, I like it, but I don't think it's true. It would make for an interesting AU though. Reading the Easymodo threads does really flesh it out, too.
Nontype is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.