AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-17, 18:14   Link #1
Trudinh

Something similar to Iris Zero (MANGA) Updated

any Manga similar to Iris Zero? Genre can be Comedy, Romance, Action, Supernatural. NO HORROR and Harem(could be like a love triangle, not something where 1 guy is love by like 6 different girl).

{Update} Im just looking for something where the main character, The guy just want to be left alone, he dosnt want to get involve, and he dosnt care. But the girl is like an hyper energetic character who kinda make him get involve.

Kinda like Iris Zero, where Mizushima dosnt want to get attention, he dosnt want to get involve, and he dosnt want to be exposure but Sasamori a stubborn girl who drag him into it.

It has to have Comedy and Romance.

Last edited by Trudinh; 2012-04-19 at 09:56.
Old 2012-04-17, 18:44   Link #2
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Try Immortal Rain! It's a great romance and supernatural love story with lovable characters and a plot that will keep drawing you in.

Plus it's finished. I totally recommend it! Give it a shot and tell me what you think, that is if you haven't read it.
Old 2012-04-17, 19:10   Link #3
Trudinh

From Tokyopop: Rain Jewlitt, known as the Methuselah, is a spaced-out, immortal, 624-year-old man dressed in priest's clothes. He's got eternal youth and a large price on his head ... put there by those questing after the secret of his immortality. Machika Balfaltin is a tomboyish, energetic 14-year-old girl who, upon the death of her grandfather, sets out to kill Methuselah, the one bounty her assassin grandfather, Zol the Grim Reaper, couldn't kill. Instead, however, Machika ends up being saved by Rain again and again from other aspiring bounty hunters attacking them both. Sound like the beginnings of an odd relationship? You won't believe where their journey takes them

Source "mangahere"

He a 624 year old man and she is a 14 year old girl????? hmmmmmmmmmmm sound like a Pedofile. no offense. ima give the first chapter a try.
Old 2012-04-17, 23:36   Link #4
Shanarock
Wanderer

Try Hidan no Aria, Persona 4 and Letter Bee.
You might want to watch the anime first. Except for Letter Bee/Tegami Bachi, the manga is so much better.

Last edited by Shanarock; 2012-04-18 at 00:05.
Old 2012-04-18, 02:51   Link #5
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanarock View Post
Try Hidan no Aria, Persona 4 and Letter Bee.
You might want to watch the anime first. Except for Letter Bee/Tegami Bachi, the manga is so much better.
Trudinh already seen Hidan no Aria.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-04-18, 04:03   Link #6
Shanarock
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Trudinh already seen Hidan no Aria.
Really? Didn't know that. Well, just skip to Persona 4 (The number doesn't mean anything significant) or Letter Bee then.

Another Anime/Manga with a kind, compassionate and understanding lead, plus a great story would be Natsume Yuujinchou.
Old 2012-04-20, 08:04   Link #7
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I can't believe Yankee-kun to Megane-chan has not been mentioned. It has that exact scenario; the guy(a deliquent) wants nothing to do with class, but is constantly egged to join in activities by the hyperactive class rep girl. There is a change in focus a good ways in(which is a spoiler), like, maybe around chp 40 or 50, but by that time, it won't matter if you like the story(it's still good, just changes its focus). It's mostly a comedy, and not TOO much in the romance department except certain moments(like, there is some minor romance in the prologue chaps that'd satisfy you I'd think).

Old 2012-04-20, 08:26   Link #8
Trudinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I can't believe Yankee-kun to Megane-chan has not been mentioned. It has that exact scenario; the guy(a deliquent) wants nothing to do with class, but is constantly egged to join in activities by the hyperactive class rep girl. There is a change in focus a good ways in(which is a spoiler), like, maybe around chp 40 or 50, but by that time, it won't matter if you like the story(it's still good, just changes its focus). It's mostly a comedy, and not TOO much in the romance department except certain moments(like, there is some minor romance in the prologue chaps that'd satisfy you I'd think).
wow 171 chapter, ty for the suggestion, this is going to keep me busy for a while....
I really hope this going to have an ending to it and it not like naruto and bleach where it endless.
Old 2012-04-28, 17:14   Link #9
Kazehaya44

i would say Hyouka.. the anime just started last week,but the character and the personality are pretty similar ( Hotaru and Toru) give it a try
Old 2012-04-28, 17:22   Link #10
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazehaya44 View Post
i would say Hyouka.. the anime just started last week,but the character and the personality are pretty similar ( Hotaru and Toru) give it a try
Because Trudinh hate waiting a new episode each week (with the exception of Guilty Crown), he might read the novel through.
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei is kinda similar to Iris Zero, except that magic is the main theme (only the novel and manga are currently available).
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-04-29, 15:42   Link #11
Velsy

Its a Fantasy, Action, Mecha manga, but the main character seems to be similar to the main in Iris Zero like you're looking for. It has a sound amount of comedy and a small bit of romance (as current chapter).

Break Blade the name.
Its about a guy who has no power over utilizing quatz (think of it as fuel), So hes lived his life scolded and humiliated by others. Until they find an ancient Golem he somehow activates.

more info here ==> http://myanimelist.net/manga/4608/Break_Blade
Closed Thread