AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-04-09, 12:22   Link #81
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Anyway was running Lexington Center with friends today. On a lark, I said this into the mic:

-audio redacted-
Well played, sir. And, if you're looking for alternative BGM for that pleasant jaunt to UNHQ, might I recommend this blast from the past...?

(actual playthrough - Cobra probably wishes their BATs (at least in the original animated series) performed like this...)
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 20:57   Link #82
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

So I was messing around yesterday and crafted a few High End Vector 45s, and have my current carry gun. It's something of a monster, haha. 25.5% base critical chance. An extra 18% critical chance from my attachments. Assuming that's additive, that means I've got 45.5% critical chance before Pulse.

Not only do I have Brutal as my trait (25% extra headshot damage), my PRO red dot sight does extra headshot damage as well. And oh, faster reloading from the Swift. AND Critical hit health regen as my third trait, healing me 3% of damage on a critical hit.

This is a DZ monster of a gun, yes. Only thing better is if it were an AUG, because bigger mag and more stable.

Also, after a couple of sucessful runs, here's a relatively easy way to cheese Lincoln Tunnel on Challenging!

Requirements: 4-man team who know what they're doing. Most random PUGs doing Challenging should be this.

1. At the start of the mission, hang right and dont engage. You'll come to a highway barrier with a green tarp over it, which you can climb over.

2. Once you climb, keep all the way to the right and run like the wind. Don't shoot, don't stop for anybody, keep running untll you see this platform and a tall lader. Climb the ladder.

3. Congrats, you now have the high ground, cover, and a commanding view of the arena. Exploit the high ground to kill the fuck out of the Rioters below.

4. Once the area is clear, proceed into the tunnel and drop the two Rioters trying to wire explosives.

5. The game will now spawn rioters who will charge the tunnel. Kill them all. Leave one alive - the LMG gunner. Wait for the clock to run out. THis is a little boring but is also safe because the game will not spawn more waves to come at you. Once the timer is done, kill the gunner.

6. Restock on ammo and talk to Benitez. Observe ladders and stairs. These will lead to an outdoor balcony. Use the balcony to defend against the wave of Rioters coming in. If anybody gets past you and into Benitez's outpost, use the ropes to rappel behind them and shoot them.

The bad thing about being on the balcony, btw, is that Hutch is outside effective range of your marksman rifles. THe good thing about being on the balcony is that you are outside Hutch's effective range.

7. Rinse and repeat: stay on the balcony and let the Rioters come to you. Eventually they will exhaust themselves and you only have Hutch left to deal with. Charge Hutch, converge on him from multiple angles, and anybody who has a Pakhan, get in his face and hold the trigger down and fill him with lead.

Bam, you're done. Rinse and repeat to keep farming those Gold equipment pieces. This is going to get better after Patch 1.1, when named enemies - like Hutch - will guaranteed drop you one High End, so you're getting a High End as the mission reward AND a High End from Hutch.

Still, IMO UN General Assembly will be better for High End farming on Hard, since you have two named enemies - Raptor and Domino - and it's a pretty fun mission, even if it is a little long.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-13, 05:31   Link #83
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Today I learned the difference between the SOCOM M1A and the First Wave M1A: apart from obvious visual differences, the First Wave M1A can also accomodate full sized underbarrel mods, like the Magpul Handstop mod.

I think I might just be experimenting more with my First Wave M1A, for all that it has 4k less alpha damage than my SOCOM M1A. If I can make it more stable and accurate then I'm all for that.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2016-04-13, 17:11   Link #84
Chosen_Hero

This is a pretty interesting viewpoint, sometimes the things we make tend to have more meaning than one might be trying to give them.
Old 2016-04-14, 17:35   Link #85
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
I would actually take that video seriously if he wasn't massively over-simplifying the setting of the game to satisfy his argument. He makes the rioters, cleaners, and LMBs sound like they're just people who need help, when they're going around murdering and even burning people alive. The video literally says "you just gun down anyone who appears to be acting out of line." The illustration of a sad scavenger scraping up bits of food that he uses to describe them instead illustrates how he's distorting what these people are actually doing in the game's story.
I can't even bring myself to point out how this guy overanalizes and distorts the game in order to stir up real-life criticism in the rest his rant. He makes a few valid points here and there, but so do even the most flaming of trolls, and he focuses way too much on the hoodies in order to cover up how much the cleaners and LMB do justify lethal force. This video is like those people who cried "racism!" when Resident Evil 5 was shown to be shooting black zombies. In Africa.
Old 2016-04-14, 21:01   Link #86
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Jesus christ did he not see the intel videos where the rioters beat two people to death, or how the Rikers ambushed those cops? Jesus you walk around the game, you look at the ECHOs and hear the recordings... lethal force is justified against the Rikers because they too are killing people indiscriminately.

LaRae Barrett's whole Riker Lives Matter is just bullshit she says to justify going around killing people because she wants to.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2016-04-14, 21:05   Link #87
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Anybody got tie-in clothes merchandise?

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-14, 21:21   Link #88
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Nope. Way too expensive. Pity, that was a sweet jacket.

I will need to make my own SHD armband for cosplay later this year...

I believe in miracles.

Old 2016-04-15, 02:35   Link #89
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
I just wanted either the cap or the toque. Saving up some money to return back to university and get my BA soon. X(

Though the SHD patch is what I wanna get really.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-16, 08:34   Link #90
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Had a run through the incursions last night, pretty underwhelming to say the least and not so much hard as it is annoying.

Had a few runs and my squad often found themselves getting outright killed by the APC in the most inexplicable locations, such as under platforms or in other areas the APC's missiles shouldn't really be able to reach.

That aside the daily and weekly mission give a bit more to do and changes to the vendors stock is decent. One thing I think hasn't been made any better is the Dark Zone, and the supply drops are yet another element that encourage griefing and squads going rogue.

If anything the DZ is unplayable now unless you have a full squad, since squads will "gank" lone players for really no reason or to simply prevent them from going near supply drops in the area.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-22, 08:17   Link #91
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

So... I'm currently debating whether to give this game a shot.

Thing is I'm a former semi-active Destiny player. I played for 6 months and quit because I was getting a weeeeee bit too addicted to it, plus at the time my connection began sucking which made coop play too difficult. I initially didn't get in with The Division when the game launched because I read about the myriad of bugs that came in during OB, plus allegedly the game isn't very solo friendly.

By solo I don't mean just playing alone. MMO players are few and far between where I live, which means that majority of the time I'll b doing matchmaking and by extension a microscopic friends list. At least Destiny had a good few players where I live so I managed to find enough people to do stuff with. From what I can tell, the Division playing population in my country is close to non-existent.

My main problem is that it's kind of difficult to play coop shooters for me if the need to use MM and mostly anonymous gaming is difficult to use. I'll be relying on MM almost all the time, so if MM here is toxic then there's no point in me jumping in.

Thoughts? I'm still on the fence with this one.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-25, 04:54   Link #92
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I haven't really had issues with matchmaking all in all. I play in malaysia but i've matchmade across the world. *shrug*

Also the easiest Challenge Mission to farm is no longer Lincoln Tunnel, but Lexington Event Center. This requires abusing chokepoints but then that's sound military tactics. :V

Basically you want to:

1) Engage the Rikers outside with a mix of long range and short range gunfire. Concentrate your fire, use CC abilities, whatever you got, use it and bring them down.

2) Move up and when you first get to the floor where Hostage 2 is, you want to abuse the doorway to give you cover while you shoot at peeps. Airburst seeker mine is a godsend for this btw. Once you clear the initial wave move up slowly into the room and let the enemy come to you.

3) The roof is where people die. SO what you do is one person hits tactical link and everyone RUNS LIKE HELL to where Ramos is, and keep to the left that gives more cover. There will be some rikers near Ramos - feed them bullets, then basically you're set; it's a natural chokepoint with good cover so kill everyone who comes at you, then setup infront of the doors to the elevator. have grenades and seeker mine ready - you want to toss seeker mine to set people on fire and use your CC grenades to keep the heavy gunner and mooks bottled up while you fill them with lead.

After that, it's basically moving through the rest of Lexington Center carefully as a team, and maintaining situational awareness and flanking whenever you can. Do it right, one run should last 10-15 minutes and net you 30 Phoenix Credits in addition to whatever Barette drops.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2016-04-28, 20:32   Link #93
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

WOO, finally after a month, my character has been restored! Time to hit level 30 and grind!

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-28, 21:29   Link #94
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well I bought it 5 days ago and enjoying the shit out of it. Just level 22 and haven't played online yet, just going through the SP until I hit cap.
Old 2016-05-01, 03:52   Link #95
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

It's kinda interesting - a month ago I viewd Yellow and even Purple enemies with fear and trepidation.

Now I'm all "come over here so I can kill you, the loot must flow."

I believe in miracles.

Old 2016-05-01, 04:04   Link #96
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I just hit 28, with a few more missions to go in SP.

Does anyone have a guide for, you know, the usual fresh level cap gearing? In Destiny it was just running low end dailies until you didn't suck too much, then hitting the next difficulty set until you were confident enough to start doing the ones that actually need voice chat for proper coordination.

Anyway I'm reading this, hoping it's still relevant.
Old 2016-05-02, 11:54   Link #97
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Just hit level 30 a few hours ago, completed all the wings and finished the final mission.

Did the hard dailies for today, getting kicked out of the challenge missions otherwise. Right now I'm wondering how exactly I'm supposed to farm PCreds if I'm just going to get booted out of Challenge MMs since I don't meet the 130 gear level requirement (sitting at 90 currently), and you can't put hard modes on farm rotation since it's just a daily. Likewise I'm not confident stepping into the DZ for the first time since I'm not geared yet and I don't feel like getting gunned down when I turn the corner.

I'm guessing I'll just farm regular creds until I can put Challenge on farm, then maybe step into the DZ when I'm confident I can survive.
Old 2016-05-03, 08:34   Link #98
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post

This is a pretty interesting viewpoint, sometimes the things we make tend to have more meaning than one might be trying to give them.

Don't ever think those guys ever have a interesting viewpoint or know what they are talking about. They talk out their ass and have no idea what they are talking about.
Old 2016-05-03, 08:54   Link #99
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Did the hard dailies for today, getting kicked out of the challenge missions otherwise. Right now I'm wondering how exactly I'm supposed to farm PCreds if I'm just going to get booted out of Challenge MMs since I don't meet the 130 gear level requirement (sitting at 90 currently)...
From what I've been hearing, part of the problem is the rampant exploiting of game bugs being accepted as normal and those people expecting everyone to be similarly... ethically flexible.

Quote:
Likewise I'm not confident stepping into the DZ for the first time since I'm not geared yet and I don't feel like getting gunned down when I turn the corner.
And here the problem expands to outright cheating (watch for teleporters and weapons doing way more damage than they should). Fortunately Ubisoft seems to be taking action...
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-04, 05:19   Link #100
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Just hit level 30 a few hours ago, completed all the wings and finished the final mission.

Did the hard dailies for today, getting kicked out of the challenge missions otherwise. Right now I'm wondering how exactly I'm supposed to farm PCreds if I'm just going to get booted out of Challenge MMs since I don't meet the 130 gear level requirement (sitting at 90 currently), and you can't put hard modes on farm rotation since it's just a daily. Likewise I'm not confident stepping into the DZ for the first time since I'm not geared yet and I don't feel like getting gunned down when I turn the corner.

I'm guessing I'll just farm regular creds until I can put Challenge on farm, then maybe step into the DZ when I'm confident I can survive.
Basically, to farm bird money, you basically have to do a few things:

1) Challenge missions.
2) Hard dailies.
3) Farm Hard bosses
4) Farm Dark Zone bosses.

Hard bosses drop between 1-5 P Creds IIRC, so a good mission to farm is General Assembly on Hard; you're guaranteed a Purple item, and when you kill Bliss's chopper it'll drop 4 purple items, and taking out Domino and Raptor will net you two High End items and anything between 2-10 Phoenix Credits. Plus while it's a little long, it's IMO a pretty fun mission to run, especially in a team. I actually like soloing General Assembly. It's a longer mission for sure, but the rewards are comesurate with the length.

I have a buddy who I regularly go DZ running with; he's got Dark Zone runs down to an art now, moving smoothly from boss to boss. The trick is to at least tag the boss with a couple of rounds, so even if someone else finishes him off you still get the drop.

Also a relatively quick way to boost your gear score is to grab the Pakhan LMG in the Base of Ops security wing vendor, and the High End Vector BP in the Special Gear Vendor in the Tech wing. Both are GS 182 weapons, which should help bring your GS up. Also don't forget to equip a pistol with the highest GS possible. The Pakhan is a pretty good weapon for the new lvl 30, as it's got good talents- Swift, Destructive, Ferocious - that make it great for taking down bosses.

The Vector is an entry level HE weapon. It's got high recoil and a small mag but it has good base damage. It's great at short range.

ALso if you're going to farm Challenge, LExington Center IMO is now the easiest challenge. Plus LaRae barret has a chance to drop striker gloves...

I believe in miracles.

Tags
clancy, multiplayer, rpg, shooter