Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-19, 06:14   Link #21
LytHka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayyo
The problem isn't your opinion or arguement, its that you decided to air this public.
What good is an opinion if it's only useful when it's time to vote anonymously?
Old 2006-04-19, 08:22   Link #22
Chichi

Let the powers that be.
Old 2006-04-19, 15:48   Link #23
ayyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LytHka
What good is an opinion if it's only useful when it's time to vote anonymously?
Then thats when you start using your brain and decide what opinions should be public and what should be private. If someone you dislike walks in the train you're taking, you don't just go up and start fighting with him right?
Old 2006-04-20, 03:34   Link #24
Loniat
Paranoid Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetor
You don't know NSW very well do you?

He once made Bruce Willis cry when he posted here and NSW was an asshole to him.

No, it was Chuck Norris, don't you remember?
Old 2006-04-20, 20:52   Link #25
pianocello

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayyo
Then thats when you start using your brain and decide what opinions should be public and what should be private. If someone you dislike walks in the train you're taking, you don't just go up and start fighting with him right?
If that someone walks up to me and steps on my toe, I would tell him politely but forcefully to get his foot of my toe as it is giving me intense pain. I will ask him why he is doing so and whether he is aware of what he is doing and I would suggest that perhaps we should have some space so that the incident would not happen again.

I think some of you are misunderstanding the issue. This is not a personal issue and I certainly didn't create this thread to criticize NSW (he seems to think so though and his replies to me are increasingly defensive and hostile - something which is regretful). I created this thread to seek better clarification to avoid having my future threads deleted simply because "someone didn't like it".

In the past when something like this happened in other forums, we would sit down and discuss this amiably and then we would resolve this in a mature manner. I will come out of this with a better understanding which hasn't happened. Ironically the forum rule NSW points me to clearly shows:

"Anime related polls are exempt from the "No trivial polls" rule, so you can feel free to create polls such as "Who is your favourite girl in Maburaho?" Such polls may not be marvels of brilliance but they are at least topical. "

which would imply that I was on topic but I'm not going to to pursue this since the atmosphere is getting more hostile. Unfortunately I'm getting a patronizing reply telling me that perhaps I should go elsewhere to post threads. Certainly if a policeman stopped me for a traffic offence, I would expect him to explain my offence, what could have been done, what should be done in the future and my current options. I certainly don't expect him to throw the traffic ticket at my face and tell me that if I don't like this, perhaps I should give up my citizenship and leave the country.

I started this thread hoping to hear various opinions and work out a way to avoid future disputes like this and so far I have only used polite and cordial language and it is a pity NSW is chiding me for "my behaviour since then" . Not to mention that one or two people who shall remain nameless have been giving me insensitive macho bunk that I don't have the right to be rufffled about the whole thing.

I sense this is getting nowhere so I'll just lie low for now (hides in a corner).

Last edited by pianocello; 2006-04-20 at 21:24.
Old 2006-04-20, 23:01   Link #26
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianocello

I started this thread hoping to hear various opinions and work out a way to avoid future disputes like this and so far I have only used polite and cordial language and it is a pity NSW is chiding me for "my behaviour since then" . Not to mention that one or two people who shall remain nameless have been giving me insensitive macho bunk that I don't have the right to be rufffled about the whole thing.

I sense this is getting nowhere so I'll just lie low for now (hides in a corner).
Allow me to make an observation on behalf of the content of your locked thread: why the hell (wanted to use the F word, but am gracious enough to spare you another traumatic experience) couldn't you add a few more lines to make your topic of discussion a bit more attractive even if the topic is a better version of "which character do you find hot enough for a shagging"? Obviously you do know how to write. And yes, you are being polite, but at the same time your cordial tone is unable to mask your condescending attitude which makes you, in my humble opinion, an asshole. As few of the folks in the thread have already suggested, let it go and move on. If you feel the urge to create a similar thread in the near future then feel free to visit the Naruto section of the forum. I'll even through you a couple of cookies if you are witty enough.

Speaking of cookies, cookies for everyone in the thread. Even Animizzle gets a couple.
Old 2006-04-21, 00:36   Link #27
LytHka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianocello
I think some of you are misunderstanding the issue. This is not a personal issue and I certainly didn't create this thread to criticize NSW (he seems to think so though and his replies to me are increasingly defensive and hostile - something which is regretful).
You think you're the only one who has a problem with the way NSW and other mods handle things around here? Don't even flatter yourself. I will agree with you here - such accusations about one being "hostile and defensive" in his post are somewhat immature, especially when this is an opinion of only one person. I, for one, didn't find them hostile or defensive, but who cares what I think, right?
Quote:
I created this thread to seek better clarification to avoid having my future threads deleted simply because "someone didn't like it".
I would agree with you here also. This "leeway" is what every moderator on every board wants and I'm not saying that it's being chronically abused on these forums but instances of abuse do occur, one being your own case. True, you could've written a longer first post to make it a bit more attractive but under the skin, the thread will have the same intent, even if worded a bit better.
NoSanninWa: I think you really abused your powers when you closed down this thread. What gave you away?
Quote:
I closed that thread simply because it wasn't likely to create any interesting discussion. Monster is a show that simply isn't known for "hot" characters. Neither the art style, nor the way that the story is told, support such a contention. In order to support your question, you'd have needed to do a better job of creating the thread.
Intolerance to the difference in opinion? After that it was only "I have the power and you're being a nuisanse to me"-type responses.
Old 2006-04-21, 02:26   Link #28
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Yup. I think that LytHka summed up my decision quite sufficiently. I had the power and felt that the thread was being a nuisance. It is a terrible thing that a thread can be closed just because a moderator doesn't agree with it. That isn't fair or nice. Unfortunately, it is the policy of the staff of AnimeSuki to maintain the signal to noise ratio, even if that means we might sometimes go too far. We prize tidiness and productivity over giving every thread its own chance. We merely try to exercise that power in a limited fashion. It is not surprising that some of our (in this case my) decisions are less popular than others.

Unfortunately, I am going to close this thread now. I feel that LytHka was the final capper that was needed to end the discussion and it can only go downhill after this. (It isn't our practice to give complaint threads infinite space.) To send it off on a high note, I'll give a bit of advice that should be given your full attention.

If you want to avoid seeing your thread dismissed as a nuisance at a moderator's mercy, then use your writing skills. Try to write more than a single sentence. Explain your point of view. You'd be amazed how much it helps just to give a few examples of whatever you are talking about. The better writen a post is, the better the chance that we'll leave it alone even if we find it extremely troublesome. Trust me: We are moved in a favorable way if you demonstrate your ability to write and moved in an unfavorable way if you don't know how to write.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Closed Thread