AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-09-05, 22:51   Link #1
cindialai
Tsukimori

Send a message via MSN to cindialai
Nurse Angel Ririka SOS

is it just me or does this anime remind you of Akazukin Chacha ?
Are they created by the same people?
Old 2004-09-06, 02:30   Link #2
Hisoka Hajime
City Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Hisoka Hajime
I'm pretty sure they aren't.
Hisoka Hajime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 08:36   Link #3
kuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindialai
is it just me or does this anime remind you of Akazukin Chacha ?
Are they created by the same people?
It's just you.
kuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 11:00   Link #4
mayukhers112
Mahou Shonen

No, I think he's right. They're both Studio Gallop.
mayukhers112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 14:24   Link #5
ill_will

Finally! I've been waiting for fansubs of this forever. Not that I like this show a whole lot but it was the first show I D/L besides DBZ back when 30MB was a large file. And I only watched like two eps but enjoyedthem a lot
ill_will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 16:26   Link #6
kuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukhers112
No, I think he's right. They're both Studio Gallop.
Rurouni Kensihin too. Does it make Kenshin similar to Chacha too ?

Mama is a 4th Grader was done by Sunrise. Gundam Seed was done by Sunrise. Dirty Pair was done by Sunrise. Inuyasha is done by Sunrise.

This means Mama4, Gundam Seed, Dirty Pair and Inuyasha are all similar ?

All movies done by Warner Bros. are similar ?
Old 2004-09-06, 16:50   Link #7
kuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ill_will
Finally! I've been waiting for fansubs of this forever. Not that I like this show a whole lot but it was the first show I D/L besides DBZ back when 30MB was a large file. And I only watched like two eps but enjoyedthem a lot
Well, Ririka has been fully fansubbed since 1997, when it was done on tape by Tomodachi. If you pay attention to the credits of new relase by Anime Haven, you'll see that original translation is credited to Tomodachi.

But what really matter is that it is a great mahou shoujo series (and the series that originally made me a mahou shoujo fan) and it's great news that it's being released again with good quality for the "digital only" generation.

BTW, Anime Haven did release the first 12 or something episodes of Ririka as digisubs, even if they've never were really spread (check their site and see their projects page and you'll confirm what I'm saying is true). What they're doing now is to re-release the series with better video.

But, again, what matter is that a great series and should be fully enjoyed.
Old 2004-09-07, 10:32   Link #8
mayukhers112
Mahou Shonen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuru
Rurouni Kensihin too. Does it make Kenshin similar to Chacha too ?

Mama is a 4th Grader was done by Sunrise. Gundam Seed was done by Sunrise. Dirty Pair was done by Sunrise. Inuyasha is done by Sunrise.

This means Mama4, Gundam Seed, Dirty Pair and Inuyasha are all similar ?

All movies done by Warner Bros. are similar ?
No, but did I say they're similar? I was only answering Cindialai's question of, "Are they created by the same people?" I never said anything about them being similar, as that's a matter of opinion. Heck, I haven't even seen the show! Kuru, I'm sorry if I caused confusion.....
mayukhers112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-12, 18:11   Link #9
Seiryuu

Don't know why exactly I dled this, but it's funny enough. One question: did the first scene look a little strange to anyone else? I may just have been watching too much Love Love, but it seems unnatural for those girls to be so unreactive to such a stiff wind. Also, considering that all twenty or so girls' skirts were blowing up close to their navels, it seems that their legs attach straight to their waists. I wasn't expecting something like Rizelmine, but I also wasn't expecting the series to open with closeups on skirts blowing high in the wind. If the angles were different, or if the wind wasn't blowing things around so hard, I never would have thought anything strange. Oh well, it's nearly ten years old, what can I expect?
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-12, 20:37   Link #10
shdwstrm

Question What Happened to the Nurse Angel Ririka SOS Fansub??

Hey all

Just wondering what happned to this fansub. Anime Heaven got to ep 19 but since then nothing. Their website isn't even working. Does anyone know what's going on??? I loved this series and want to DL the rest of it.

Thanx
ShadowStorm
shdwstrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-12, 20:55   Link #11
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
I don't know, it's listed as stalled in AniDB, and since it's a fairly old series, I wouldn't get my hopes too up for some new fansub of this.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-14, 16:23   Link #12
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

This was one of the first anime series I ever watched, back in the days of realvideo fansubs and dialup connections, a girl called Jo-chan was serialising it via ftp. Unfortunately I never got eps. 23-26, and the new wave of fansubs hasn’t reached that point yet. I much prefer the second opening theme (Dounika, Kounika — Somehow, Someway), it’s much more poignant and reflects the increasing desperation and sadness of the story as it enters its final phase. I don’t want to spoil it for people who are stuck at ep.19, but the series really goes out with an incredible finale , every bit as powerful as the better known ending to the first Sailor Moon series. The penultimate episode is the sort where you think things can’t get any worse—and then they do.

I tend to agree with those who used to say that Nurse Angel Ririka was like Sailor Moon, only better—certainly in respect of the 1st Sailor Moon series anyhow. Although a much younger character, Ririka is more interesting due to her sardonic nature (especially evident in the chemistry between her and Seiya), and more realistic motivations given her age, e.g. at first she’s really only doing the nurse angel stuff to please Kanon, whom she has a crush on, and doesn’t realise how serious the situation is until it’s too late.

Having said all that, the magical attacks were really cringeworthy, every bit as stupid as in Sailor Moon: "Angel Aid Bomb Beam" v. "Star Gentle Uterus"— the idea of a nurse curing enemies with a beam weapon... well....

Last edited by Samatarou; 2007-03-14 at 16:41.
Samatarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 11:54   Link #13
sailor_titan
Setsujoku no Senshi

Send a message via AIM to sailor_titan
Still active...?

Does anyone know if AnimeHaven is still around, or is Nurse Angel a defunct project?
sailor_titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 04:17   Link #14
Ardee

Amazing thing I just noticed, and I had to post it somewhere, so why not this old deserted thread...

The beginning of track 2 on the first ED single CD for Ririka is from the end of the Inspector Gadget theme! (the fast descending scale of high synth notes)

I don't mean "similar notes", I mean, someone lifted the actual recording of a few bars of another composer's music, pitch shifted it up by about 2 semitones, and reused it. (that is, unless Shuki Levy is an uncredited collaborator on Ririka's music, but I doubt it)

I just watched an episode of I.G. on youtube and couldn't believe it when I heard that part of the theme, since I knew I had just heard those 3 seconds of music on an anime CD. It took me about three hours to remember which one. Very weird.
Ardee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 09:15   Link #15
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

I just noticed that a batch torrent was released last month for the complete series of Nurse Angel Ririka SOS. The AH digisubs (which I believe use the original Tomodachi translation) ground to a halt a couple of years ago at ep21 but someone has completed the job by including DivX rips of the original Tomodachi VHS subs for Eps 22-35. Quality is not incredible of couse but who cares? Torrent is working ok but only seems to have 1 seed.

Animesuki NAR torrent page is http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/477.html but the torrent isn't listed yet, you can find it at http://zupertorrent.com/download.php...%29%5D.torrent

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Old 2010-01-24, 16:54   Link #16
Veritas
The Last Visible Dog

Sweet! Nice catch. I got the Tomodachi subs (still have them, too) years ago and I was surprised how much I really, really liked it. I check for a batch every once in a while, so I'm very happy to see this. The end and Kanon's pep talk via watch to Ririka while Dewey and Seiya are fighting him are one of the few moments in anime that have made me cry.
Old 2010-01-24, 18:33   Link #17
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

Yes the ending is incredibly powerful, and now thanks to this torrent I finally get to see some mid-series eps I never got to see first time round which cover the crucial period when Dewey turns good and Kanon turns bad.

Funny thing is the only reason I thought to do a torrent search on Ririka was because I'd been talking to someone about how the Japanese celebrate Valentine's Day, and the episode where Karin gives chocolates to every boy in school suddenly sprang to mind. It was one of the best filler episodes I've seen in an anime series!

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Old 2010-03-30, 18:46   Link #18
gsilver

Glad to see the completed torrent, but the new torrent is missing Animeheaven's episode 21.

If someone can redo the torrent, great (I wouldn't know who to contact), but otherwise, the description should be changed accordingly.
gsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 18:08   Link #19
FireChick

I just got up to episode 20 of this show and...I LOVE IT!!!

But I wish I could find episodes 22 and up.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 21:04   Link #20
KimbaWLion

Send a message via AIM to KimbaWLion
I have the dvds and was the raw source for AnimeHaven and I can rip them if anybody wishes to finish the series...

Also while using Tomadachi translations We have our own translator go over each ep and changes WERE made where needed and every ep was re edited. Tomadachi was ALWAYS given the credit!

If your not good she will CURE you too
KimbaWLion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
magical girl