AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

Old 2004-10-31, 07:26   Link #61
Kensuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Very promising start for this series, definetely one of my favorites in this season. When Anime-Keep releases their wide-screen version it will be hard to me to decide which one to follow.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-31, 11:23   Link #62
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
You people making demands to A-Keep as if they owe it to you. They doing this for free and you all should shut up and enjoy the free meal.

Geez, people is surely amazing these days.
stormy001_M1A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-31, 11:32   Link #63
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Send a message via MSN to Yuun
Hmm... This show is OK nia...

But one thing for sure, I really really hate the Hero... He worth not even a single cent in my point of view.

He is so rude to his sister which I could not accept at all, not to mention he treat her like maid... O_O Furthermore... what he knows is to buy all those nonsense stuffs.

Hmpf... Luckily the Doll come into his life and teach him some lessons of life. Sheesh... The clown should have kill him in the 1st place...

I'll give this show another episode for a try before Shift+Deleting it... The only thing keeps me watching is the strange dolls...

P/S: Somehow reminds me about the famous horror movie "Child's Play" Don't you think so?
Yuun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-31, 11:33   Link #64
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2
You people making demands to A-Keep as if they owe it to you. They doing this for free and you all should shut up and enjoy the free meal.

Geez, people is surely amazing these days.
i dont see anyone making demands anywhere. I see people commenting on how AK was just normal while the new releas was done in WideScreen. So that person was moving to the wide screen version. Then AK responded by explaining why they hadnt used the Wide Screen (in that it was aired much later, and that they were now using the wide screen version).

Then we have someone saying how they're not sure which group they'll be going with since both are of a high quality.

Where in all of that is the demand?

Personally, i take whichever comes first, and then when AK release get theirs, since i prefer to support the group that first introduced me to Anime. Thats why there's more than one group, it gives people variety, and lets them chose who they'll watch.
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-31, 11:36   Link #65
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuun
Hmm... This show is OK nia...

But one thing for sure, I really really hate the Hero... He worth not even a single cent in my point of view.

He is so rude to his sister which I could not accept at all, not to mention he treat her like maid... O_O Furthermore... what he knows is to buy all those nonsense stuffs.

Hmpf... Luckily the Doll come into his life and teach him some lessons of life. Sheesh... The clown should have kill him in the 1st place...

I'll give this show another episode for a try before Shift+Deleting it... The only thing keeps me watching is the strange dolls...

P/S: Somehow reminds me about the famous horror movie "Child's Play" Don't you think so?
If you read back a bit in the forum theres a very good post that explains why he acts the way he does, and Shinku also explains to the sis why he acts the way he does in episode 2. This show is well put together, and planned so far, hope it stays this way through out.
Old 2004-10-31, 18:20   Link #66
SCR512
Ayu/Eclipse Semi-Slave

Send a message via AIM to SCR512
hopefully, It sets up some "dramaish" scenes in episode one, I'm curious to see how well this show pans out.. Let's hope we don't have another Avenger on our hands.

=p
SCR512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-31, 20:14   Link #67
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
I see a very promising series on the horizon, I hope it continues like that
Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-01, 10:16   Link #68
Bracken33

I have seen episode one and two yesterday.

After the first half of episode one I thought it might be an evil dolls are taking over the world show or at least that they might torment some children. Esspecially the opening and the first minutes have a creepy feeling to them.
For me this kind of dolls and clowns are creepy. Yeah I am a bit odd .

But after watching the rest of episode one and episode two it might not be a dark show after all.
Thatīs too bad .
I still hope it will be like Narutaru but with a better plot and not so bloodthirsty, just creepy...
We need some dead dolls and children here .

I will watch it even if it will be a cute/romantic/harem show. I like it so far.
Bracken33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-01, 20:07   Link #69
Trax
Rock beats scissors

After seeing the 2nd episode we have a general idea of where the plot is going with this, reminded me of Konjiki No Gash Bell although it's a bit different (the dolls are more in control and the price for failure is harsher) and possibly darker. Rozen Maiden looks promising, I hope it delivers. I also like both the op & ed song, with a preference for the ed. Anyone know the name of the ending song, and is a full version out yet?
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-01, 20:41   Link #70
thyme
Bishy Collector

After watching the first fansub episode I'm more than willing to see another...and the second one is waiting to be viewed.

The doll seems to me to be a cross between Mrs. Peel and Mary Poppins, but mostly Mary Poppins. She has that no-nonsense-brooking, victorian looking, Brittish sensibilities aura about her. This can only be good news for a kid who really needs a nanny.

Maybe she can help him get over the compulsive disorder of ordering occult items online.
thyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-02, 01:02   Link #71
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by thyme
After watching the first fansub episode I'm more than willing to see another...and the second one is waiting to be viewed.

The doll seems to me to be a cross between Mrs. Peel and Mary Poppins, but mostly Mary Poppins. She has that no-nonsense-brooking, victorian looking, Brittish sensibilities aura about her. This can only be good news for a kid who really needs a nanny.

Maybe she can help him get over the compulsive disorder of ordering occult items online.
I think it unlikely that he'll risk ordering any more occult items at all. This last one is far too much trouble for him.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-02, 03:56   Link #72
Thelastguardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thyme
for a kid who really needs a nanny.
Surely Shinku is (seemingly at least) only 8-9 years old. I don't think the usage of the word "nanny" is justify here (typical sterotype "nanny = older woman")

Just a side note, when Shinku slapped Tomoe , I look at him, and two things popped into my mind.

1. He looks as if he turns crazy and he is going to do something to the doll
2. Gosh that expression he had looks just like Shinji in EVA
Old 2004-11-02, 05:46   Link #73
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Shinku is a doll, and I think she may be hundreds of years old (not sure what era that first scene in the first episode is, I suck at history). Only her appearance is that of a toddler.

Edit: victorian era comes to mind, which (I looked it up ) was from 1839 to 1901. So 100-200 years old *if* I'm correct.

Last edited by Trax; 2004-11-02 at 05:58.
Old 2004-11-02, 07:05   Link #74
daedalus6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamano667
I see a very promising series on the horizon, I hope it continues like that

Yes I agree. Hope they don't settle just introuducing another doll every ep.

Heh when I saw first ep. I so hated the male lead! But after shinku slapped him I was so happy. And after she made him her bitch I was hooked!

In ep 2 I was glad to see that those crazy hairstyle shinku has is not just for the show. It's also for bitch-slapping.

My Friend said this is some overcute anime for 2-year olds. I think that is just not true eve judging for the first few images out of the opening. God damn he is crying blood!

Btw. does anyone know where I could find a nice good quality picture of shinku? I could use this poster and divide it into pieces and then enlargen every piece before printing to get a nice big poster for my room!

The picture where male lead (I allways forget his name) is kneeling down before Shinku and kissing her rose ring.
daedalus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-02, 07:30   Link #75
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Besides some humorous parts I have a feeling this anime could become pretty dark (hopefully), so I don't think it'll be for 2 year old at al. Has he actually watched these first few episodes?? Also the op&ed both have some unorthodox music, I love the eery ed sound especially. The op lyrics are pretty freaky aswell, and I love the moment in the op animation where Shinku turns her head sideways unsmoothly so you actually realize the creepyness of an animated doll.
Old 2004-11-02, 14:15   Link #76
jonny-mt
どこ見てるのよ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelastguardian
Surely Shinku is (seemingly at least) only 8-9 years old. I don't think the usage of the word "nanny" is justify here (typical sterotype "nanny = older woman")
Spoiler:
jonny-mt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-02, 14:31   Link #77
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny-mt
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

hmmm has anyone figured out what the first few minutes are about? I've just about fried my brain trying to figure it out. I get she had another servant, being the girl, but what was that entire thing about, there has to be some meaning to it, but ill be damned if i can figure it out.
Old 2004-11-02, 14:47   Link #78
KoroshiyaX
X

Here's huge screenshot spoiler for Ep4

Spoiler:
KoroshiyaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-02, 15:12   Link #79
Kensuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin
hmmm has anyone figured out what the first few minutes are about? I've just about fried my brain trying to figure it out. I get she had another servant, being the girl, but what was that entire thing about, there has to be some meaning to it, but ill be damned if i can figure it out.
I don't know what that all about, but it looks like Shinku is brought to life then, and the little girl abandons her, for some reason Shinku don't enslave her or they break their connection.
Spoiler:
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-02, 15:25   Link #80
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny-mt
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Tags
adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, nomad, peach-pit, seinen, supernatural