AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-03-11, 23:58   Link #2181
Xion Valkyrie

So who are your favorite squad mates?

I generally take Liara (stasis is boss) and randomly switch out the other characters for random missions.

Prothean is pretty strong with his Dark Channeling and Lift Grenads (ridiculous damage). Garrus is okay with Overload, ammo, and concussive shot.

Anyone with an assault rifle is actually pretty good at doing damage with the modded Particle Rifle (since squad mates have unlimited ammo).

Tali is pretty good against Geth.

EDI/Ashley are okay, but their skill sets just don't seem to be as useful. Finally, Vega just seems completely useless. Terrible character too. I don't think I've used him since I've gotten a 3rd squad mate.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 00:10   Link #2182
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Spoiler for Better Ending, approved by Syn lol:
Old 2012-03-12, 00:47   Link #2183
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
*sigh*

These endings for these games usually are subpar......

Spoiler:

Other than that it's a great game.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 00:57   Link #2184
Alchemist007
*Author

Ok this has made the most sense to me so far, in fact, it makes the game ending A LOT BETTER if you do this.

Spoiler:
Old 2012-03-12, 01:19   Link #2185
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
So who are your favorite squad mates?

I generally take Liara (stasis is boss) and randomly switch out the other characters for random missions.

Prothean is pretty strong with his Dark Channeling and Lift Grenads (ridiculous damage). Garrus is okay with Overload, ammo, and concussive shot.

Anyone with an assault rifle is actually pretty good at doing damage with the modded Particle Rifle (since squad mates have unlimited ammo).

Tali is pretty good against Geth.

EDI/Ashley are okay, but their skill sets just don't seem to be as useful. Finally, Vega just seems completely useless. Terrible character too. I don't think I've used him since I've gotten a 3rd squad mate.
Liara and Javik are the best squadmates gameplay-wise, but I roll Liara and Garrus because that was my ownage squad in ME1.
Old 2012-03-12, 02:07   Link #2186
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Bioware made a game that was what? 99% good and then DUMPED the ending? No, they wanted you to THINK about it. They didn't want it to be straightforward. It's a AAA title with an ending to think about, not to watch.
I feel so sorry for you.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 02:11   Link #2187
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

Man you guys are fast, I still haven't seen Tali in the game yet o__o

I'm rather pissed that that ME3 skimps out on some of the cooler companions from ME2 (which imo is still the best in the series) such as Thane/Grunt/Miranda to be playable.

I really dislike EDI in this game. Ugh. Trying not to spoil anything, but I dislike Bioware's move regarding EDI, anyone else feel this way?

Also, holy cock and balls, everytime I go to the damn citadel: SHIT TON of side quests!! Being slightly compulsive about my questlog, I hate it when I have too many sidemissions, and I end up doing all these damn little side quests, scanning things left and right..
SRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 02:15   Link #2188
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I've only played till Priority : The Citadel II thus far, but honestly, the new squadmates have been pretty lack-lustre.

Part of the problem is that they don't mesh with the... chemistry of the game events well, imo.

Spoiler for up till Tuchanka:

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 02:25   Link #2189
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post

Part of the problem is that they don't mesh with the... chemistry of the game events well, imo.

Spoiler for Squadmate:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 02:41   Link #2190
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
@Karuma: The percentage (readiness) only increases if you play the retarded multiplayer.

To make the Reapers leave a system, go do a mission (any will do, even an N7 sidequest). They'll be gone when you're done.
Well glad I am not bothering with that. Thanks.
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 02:42   Link #2191
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Ok this has made the most sense to me so far, in fact, it makes the game ending A LOT BETTER if you do this.

Spoiler:
I thought about this, and I decided that if this was their intent, I'm even more angry than just assuming the ending sucks balls, is full of inconsistencies, deus ex machina and bad writing.

Because if your suspicions are true, the ending is nothing but blatant DLC pandering. You don't plan for your game's ending to be in a fucking DLC. That's just low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRanger View Post
Man you guys are fast, I still haven't seen Tali in the game yet o__o

I'm rather pissed that that ME3 skimps out on some of the cooler companions from ME2 (which imo is still the best in the series) such as Thane/Grunt/Miranda to be playable.

I really dislike EDI in this game. Ugh. Trying not to spoil anything, but I dislike Bioware's move regarding EDI, anyone else feel this way?

Also, holy cock and balls, everytime I go to the damn citadel: SHIT TON of side quests!! Being slightly compulsive about my questlog, I hate it when I have too many sidemissions, and I end up doing all these damn little side quests, scanning things left and right..
I was also annoyed and put off by what they did with EDI. Until later on regarding Joker. Then it became much more amusing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I've only played till Priority : The Citadel II thus far, but honestly, the new squadmates have been pretty lack-lustre.

I played the entire game with Liara and Garrus, except on missions I was required to use others (Tali, Ashley, etc). I did this mostly because those two were my "ownage squad" from ME1 and it was nice memories.

I loathe Vega and the bimbo reporter modeled after Jessica Chabot. Both of them feel excruciatingly out of place in the Mass Effect universe.

Seriously, this was my reaction upon discovering that James Vega was not only voiced by, but also modeled after Freddie Prinze Jr.:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Spoiler for Squadmate:
I did. I was amused.
Old 2012-03-12, 02:47   Link #2192
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
You don't plan for your game's ending to be in a fucking DLC. That's just low.
Square-Enix and Konami have done this.
Old 2012-03-12, 02:53   Link #2193
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I did. I was amused.
Spoiler for Amused?:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2012-03-12, 02:55   Link #2194
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Doesn't change the fact that it's a dick move.
Old 2012-03-12, 03:04   Link #2195
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Gamers are starting to become increasingly annoyed with how the industry, having gone mainstream, has started to treat us more like bundles of potential revenue and not actual humans.

I remember a time in gaming when this wasn't so. And in certain areas of the gaming industry--specifically indie games and Eastern European developers--this is not so. I would include mobile gaming in this paradigm, but it seems that mobile game developers have wholeheartedly embraced the "free to play with microtransactions" paradigm, which is a goddamned blight upon gaming.
Old 2012-03-12, 03:10   Link #2196
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I know, I was just saying. This isn't exactly without precedent.

Quote:
Gamers are starting to become increasingly annoyed with how the industry, having gone mainstream, has started to treat us more like bundles of potential revenue and not actual humans.
Except that these people are, unfortunately, a vocal minority. Most seem to buy games very blindly.
Old 2012-03-12, 03:47   Link #2197
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for Oh f-:

Old 2012-03-12, 05:52   Link #2198
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I happen to enjoy multiplayer for a few reasons:

1. Purely PvE, so you while there are idiots on your squad sometimes the necessity for teamwork in fighting the AI is there, and it's practically required.

2. No rankings, leaderboards etc. so it doesn't demand that you get competitive.

3. You can easily pop in for a 15-20 min game and stop.

Overall I like it because it's a nice casual distraction. It's not a "heavyweight" like pure MP shooters, but it gets the job done enough to be enjoyable in it's simplicity.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 06:03   Link #2199
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I happen to enjoy multiplayer for a few reasons:

1. Purely PvE, so you while there are idiots on your squad sometimes the necessity for teamwork in fighting the AI is there, and it's practically required.

2. No rankings, leaderboards etc. so it doesn't demand that you get competitive.

3. You can easily pop in for a 15-20 min game and stop.

Overall I like it because it's a nice casual distraction. It's not a "heavyweight" like pure MP shooters, but it gets the job done enough to be enjoyable in it's simplicity.
Well, there is a leaderboard in the menu outside of the lobby and games, but no one checks it anyway.
Only competition is when I have a Vanguard on my team and we race to see who racks up the most points.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 06:06   Link #2200
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

There's a leaderboard?

As you said, hardly anyone cares, hell I didn't know until you posted about it.

I play a Sentinel, and while it's not as OP as in single player it's still pretty hard to take down. The thing is, Turians have a weird looking heavy melee animation.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
effect, games, mass