AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-09-17, 12:52   Link #4101
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Hurricane View Post
Anyway, about Vita, she herself was too stubborn to the point that he lost her cool. It isthe time the older generation should be taught what they learned to a new generation. But at least, to train them is one way to make them more stronger.
Problem is what the old generation knows can't do a scratch against a Huckebein(Veyron and Arnage's fight in Ch. 19 drawed a line between common Eclipse Drivers and the Huckebein, the Hucks are clearly superior Eclipse Drivers). I find funny seeing Vita carrying Graf Eisen while training Tohma of all people xDU.

EDIT: Page claimed for my moe knight Signum-chan.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 12:56   Link #4102
Zero Hurricane
I'm here for the reason..

Send a message via Yahoo to Zero Hurricane
Moreover, especially if you see him mopping his room and he met with Erio, of course.
Old 2011-09-17, 14:11   Link #4103
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

"09X" ....what will that be?

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-09-17, 14:40   Link #4104
LostSome

What a day...
What is with everything coming out at once ?!

Weapon sellers are ...., no matter how you look at them.
The Aces are all workaholic.
Steed`s just got a lot more awesome with that windom comment.

YES ! A Sniper !
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 22:28   Link #4105
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuze View Post
EDIT: Full 18 and 19 are now up.

Remember that argument we had about the Huckebein executing that guy? Well....actually, there was a very important panel missing, and Veyron and Arnage didn't. Again, I am no expert at translation, and there's no telling how reliable the sub is, but:

Arnage and Veyron were thinking about killing the guy if he didn't talk about what he "didn't" hear at a place he "wasn't" at. When he does start? His head gets a brand new pair of holes in it. Somebody could've sniped and killed any of the people there, and the Eclipse would not have saved any of them.

For a change, there's no *gunshot* noise that anyone hears. Veyron tells Arnage to forget trying to chase whoever that was, they have no chance and no way to find the sniper at this point, they'll be long long gone by the time their position was located.
Huh. That adds a new dimension to things, some unknown party (Caled?) that doesn't want the Hucks to know more about what's really going on.

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 22:47   Link #4106
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

So had anyone else took a look on the specs of the so-called "ultimate multipurpose weapon?" Sankt Kaiser I want to tsukkomi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
[...] Lost Logia, but she herself certainly isn't one.
Yeah, I was also like "wait, what?" when that sentence appeared. And it better not be an attempt to suddenly increase her "specialness" because fancy titles don't mean sh*t if you never give her an actual moment of awesome, Tsuzuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
I find myself wondering if a series that bills itself primarily on Magic should ever see a good reason to introduce the concept of "Anti-Magic" as something that can be manufactured.

It's pretty much destroying the central concept and entire point of the franchise, isn't it?
Not really. Zettai Karen Children introduced anti-ESP very early in the series and spammed its use in practically everywhere ranging from department stores to amusement parks to tanks and fighter planes, and it was handled pretty well.

The trick was in how the espers responded to that counter: by learning new trick or modify what they already have to bypass or at least minimize the effects of the counter. And StrikerS took the same path, with elemental manipulations, double-layered shots, illusions and other tricks to level the terrain.

Then Force came and suddenly everybody but Hayate seem to forget those lessons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
An yeah, i also find a bit lame that mages cannot fight as mages anymore. Hope that this theory of "Hayate being a living Lost Logia" leads to something interesting(like the discovery of "True Magic" that cannot be de-linked or something).
True Magic? *imagines the TSAB trying to complete Heaven's Feel*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSome View Post
YES ! A Sniper !
What? Where?
Old 2011-09-17, 22:49   Link #4107
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Hayate doesn't control a Lost Logia anymore, guys. The original Tome of the Night Sky was completely destroyed; the one she uses now is just a custom-made Storage Device. Rein also doesn't count as a Lost Logia.
Old 2011-09-17, 22:57   Link #4108
Sunder the Gold

Wasn't there something about Reinforce fusing her Linker Core with Hayate's upon death?
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 00:28   Link #4109
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Wasn't there something about Reinforce fusing her Linker Core with Hayate's upon death?
Yep. It was stated somewhere in one of the sound stages that the original Reinforce's link core had melded with Hayate's link core hence why she has so much mana. Which is perhaps why she was referring to herself as a living lost logia because although the original was completely destroyed, the linker core from the master program is with her. Also explains why she did not say that she "uses" a lost logia.

Besides Hayate did say that although she has a rank of SS, she's not exactly stronger than Nanoha or Fate due to a number of reasons. She did say that she could at least probably beat Caro although Caro have been getting stronger so she's no longer sure. (Source: StrikerS manga).
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 00:34   Link #4110
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Hayate was refering to her lack of close-combat skills. She have humongous power but lacks finesse for smaller and easier to cast spells, thus being usefull only as a magic nuke. Hayate's core is fused with that of the original Reinforce which explains the abnormal amount of mana she posseses. Apparently her body is also more resilent because of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Hayate doesn't control a Lost Logia anymore, guys. The original Tome of the Night Sky was completely destroyed; the one she uses now is just a custom-made Storage Device. Rein also doesn't count as a Lost Logia.
Yeah, that's exactly what i find pretty lame about her "developement". Hayate got nerfed to no end.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-09-18, 00:48   Link #4111
Enternal

Quote:
Hayate was refering to her lack of close-combat skills. She have humongous power but lacks finesse for smaller and easier to cast spells, thus being usefull only as a magic nuke. Hayate's core is fused with that of the original Reinforce which explains the abnormal amount of mana she posseses. Apparently her body is also more resilent because of that.

Yeah, that's exactly what i find pretty lame about her "developement". Hayate got nerfed to no end.
Naw... she might be nerfed but when Nanoha, Fate, and co give her time to set up her spells, she can just nuke whatever Nanoha just mowed down for extra reinsurance. Good for overkills. Muhahaha!

Anyways rereading this chapter was really amusing to see Nanoha's really happy because she found "fresh meat" and wanted to train them very badly. Even Vita is already used to that. For some reason I was a bit worried about the relationship between Fate & Nanoha with Hayate might have drifted apart over the years but I am glad to see that they are still really close (of course Nanoha and Fate had to act like that due to being on official business) which also reinsured me from Vivid that no matter how long time have passed, they are still really close.
Old 2011-09-18, 00:56   Link #4112
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
Naw... she might be nerfed but when Nanoha, Fate, and co give her time to set up her spells, she can just nuke whatever Nanoha just mowed down for extra reinsurance. Good for overkills. Muhahaha!
That used to be the duty of her knights ;_;

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-09-18, 00:59   Link #4113
Justin_Brett

Quote:
Which is perhaps why she was referring to herself as a living lost logia because although the original was completely destroyed, the linker core from the master program is with her. Also explains why she did not say that she "uses" a lost logia.
Doesn't explain why they're bringing it up now like it's been fact all along.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 01:02   Link #4114
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Doesn't explain why they're bringing it up now like it's been fact all along.
Well it is a fact that Reinforce's linker core is merged with her own. She only mention it because Fate and Nanoha was worried about her wound so Hayate wanted to console them that she's fine so they don't need to worry too much.
Old 2011-09-18, 01:06   Link #4115
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Well it is a fact. She only mention it because Fate and Nanoha was worried about her wound so Hayate wanted to console them that she's fine whether it's true or not.
Well, of course, the more likely scenario is that Hayate is just playing tough to reassure Nanoha and Fate that she's fine adn that statement of "Walkig Lost Logia" is indeed just for show.

All other theories are only whims of my heart that want to see some old-fashioned magical badassery ToT

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-09-18, 01:09   Link #4116
Justin_Brett

I think there are other qualifications to be a Lost Logia than just that. And really, why bring it up at all? It's not like you need super healing to to get better from a wound in the side, especially in this setting?
Old 2011-09-18, 01:18   Link #4117
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Well, it was a wound in the stomach if we go by what Nanoha said.

Crazy Theory: Disconnected from the Book, the Wolkenritter's resilence and durability has decreased over the years but at the same time Hayate's has been improved, allowing a frail woman like her to survive that kind of injury xD.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-09-18, 01:20   Link #4118
Enternal

Quote:
Well, it was a wound in the stomach if we go by what Nanoha said.

Crazy Theory: Disconnected from the Book, the Wolkenritter's resilence and durability has decreased over the years but at the same time Hayate's has been improved, allowing a frail woman like her to survive that kind of injury xD.
Yeah it was through the stomach. Directly from the back and through the front. I would not say that's a light injury.

About your crazy theory, I like it! She's sapping all their energy and power! Noo!
Old 2011-09-18, 01:23   Link #4119
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
About your crazy theory, I like it! She's sapping all their energy and power! Noo!
Well, more like Hayate is using the power the wolks are not allowed to use because they're now separated beings and Hayate is the only one "connected" to the source by having her core fused with Reinforce's.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-09-18, 01:45   Link #4120
Justin_Brett

It was clearly through the side, I'm sorry. Why would Curren even take the chance of killing the commander, given her stated motivations?

Tags
manga, nanoha force