AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Regios

Notices

Old 2009-02-14, 12:06   Link #961
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Finally! Thanks to the moderators for deciding to make Regios have it's own sub-forums.
Old 2009-02-14, 19:07   Link #962
Cinocard

Woo, own sub forum for Regios! Finally
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-14, 20:32   Link #963
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Oh god...i thought we won't be able to make it to 1200 posts before the 6th episode,looks like i was wrong about the pre-requisite of a series having its own sub forums.

Anyway huzzah to Regios...
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-14, 20:41   Link #964
zalem

I think it makes sense for Regios to have a subform. The chat was already very high in the thread. Plus there are so many topics getting discussed that the thread becomes confused and cluttered. For instance, people talking about the novel and then people talking about the manga. Then you have people talking about romance and also episode chat.
Old 2009-02-15, 14:12   Link #965
Cinocard

And people talking about Engrish. Should me make a "Engrish in CSR" thread? Anyway, the favorite quote thread should be full with those Engrish already
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 02:12   Link #966
Eid

God no.. now we need to talk in seperate forums... blah .
Eid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 02:30   Link #967
Shadow Kira01

I just noticed that there is a Regios thread here, 49 pages already?!
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 22:44   Link #968
gonzo562

posts really have slowed down after this got a sub forums.
gonzo562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-18, 00:55   Link #969
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Guh, I'm having quite some trouble hunting for the novels. >_> It's solved anyway.

But the whole process of the hunting was quite a pain... not that I don't have the might to do so though. So right now, well, I do wish I can read Japanese like how I read English. >.<

Guess only the illustrations can help me give a somewhat vague idea of what I'm actually reading.

God, I need a formal Japanese class already.

EDIT: Answering some general stuffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulKnight
This is plausible and I agree. So Zuellni has a general curriculum that requires all students to follow and participate regardless their specialization (be it military, general arts, liberal arts or any other). Like college in general (Zuellni Academic/College City, DUH).

Well, each arts seems to have their own grouping as well. Example for military arts, seems like it’s divided into:

(i) military, which include soldiering and hence participate in inter-platoon city matches or defense of the city against Filth Bugs should the situation arises. So far they work as team in form of squad or platoon with number designation. This seems like the ‘elite’ class on the military arts specialization. Again this group is also divided into several role such as kei user (fon-fon, Nina) or nen-I user (Felli).

(ii) civil order, which is to maintain order within the city premises. I guess this is the city police where Narki fits in.

(iii) other, if there are any that we don’t know yet. Heck what if Heaven Blades are considered one man army and have a different role?

Now where does Harley fits in this. He’s with the Alchemic Research Lab, I’m guessing it’s also part of the military arts considering they seems responsible on research and developing dites, weapons for kei and nen-I users.

Anyway, I believe that other than military arts, each arts have their own grouping as well. We just don’t know it yet.
In the CSR: Secret Side manga I read, the first few pages had Layfon mentioning about the variety of academic streams available there in Zuellni. Apart from the two mentioned up there (military and civil order) it includes medicinal studies, home economics etc - just to name a few. Like Mifi in journalism and Mei in home economics.

Also, Harley isn't just the mechanic in Platoon 17, I guess he's studying some sort of science-related fields, since he doesn't only fix/maintain/craft Dites, but also gathers data from them to be analyzed like how he did on Layfon in episodes 6-7 so he can build a better Dite for him to wield.

Last edited by Master Assassin; 2009-02-25 at 01:51. Reason: answering some generic stuffs
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 01:50   Link #970
JediNight
キズランダム

Just catching up on this show currently. Some general comments: Could Layfon be any more of a Generic Pointy-Haired RPG Hero? Kinda disappointed in him so far. And the long Engrish dialogues are killing me in their badness ^_^;;
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 02:04   Link #971
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin
In the CSR: Secret Side manga I read, the first few pages had Layfon mentioning about the variety of academic streams available there in Zuellni. Apart from the two mentioned up there (military and civil order) it includes medicinal studies, home economics etc - just to name a few. Like Mifi in journalism and Mei in home economics.

Also, Harley isn't just the mechanic in Platoon 17, I guess he's studying some sort of science-related fields, since he doesn't only fix/maintain/craft Dites, but also gathers data from them to be analyzed like how he did on Layfon in episodes 6-7 so he can build a better Dite for him to wield.
Lol, so it's like college in general with multiple course to choose from but one specialization. Thanks alot for the info, this explains for me on how the overall academic/defense system works.

Question though, does the manga explains that someone has to had a certain amount of kei in order to apply for the squad (military) section in the military arts section? I assume the military department will have them tested out first and they would simply accept those who has kei. Or rather they just pick them up randomly from the applicants?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight
Just catching up on this show currently. Some general comments: Could Layfon be any more of a Generic Pointy-Haired RPG Hero? Kinda disappointed in him so far. And the long Engrish dialogues are killing me in their badness ^_^;;
Finally someone who agrees. I've been mentioning how he's incredibly jrpg heroish like with same amount retardness in the romance department. But nah, I'm not dissapointed so far in his actions and harem management.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 02:09   Link #972
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Haha, that's true. But who cares because he's still awesome! So I'm not disappointed at all either. Actually, I have seen this types a lot but I just never seem to mind and just enjoy it no matter what.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 02:28   Link #973
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Finally someone who agrees. I've been mentioning how he's incredibly jrpg heroish like with same amount retardness in the romance department. But nah, I'm not dissapointed so far in his actions and harem management.
I asked myself "So ... where's his Buster Sword?"
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 02:37   Link #974
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Question though, does the manga explains that someone has to had a certain amount of kei in order to apply for the squad (military) section in the military arts section? I assume the military department will have them tested out first and they would simply accept those who has kei. Or rather they just pick them up randomly from the applicants?
Nope I guess. The novels might explain (although I didn't bother, despite having scanned raws in possession) but I don't think much light is given. I think it's about "whoever can use Kei, can apply for the Military Arts."

Last edited by Master Assassin; 2009-02-25 at 02:49.
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 11:54   Link #975
TrueKnight

I can only imagine how they promote the military arts course.

Zuellni – ‘We at Zuellni Military Arts welcomes any of you with the Kei abilities. Join our Military Arts should you feel you have at least any kei ability. Our committee will test you upon registry and should you have kei, then you could choose to join our Military Arts immediately with minimum or even no tuition fee depending on your amount of kei.

This announcement is valid for a period of 6 months and may be extended should deemed necessary by the committee.’

Grendan – ‘The Grendan Military wants you Kei users. Applicants with tremendous and extraordinary Kei are preferred and will be tested upon registry to proof whether you are worthy or not. The application will be limited into maximum 100 people who passed the initial registry exam.

Afterwards, the selection will undergo 3 stages in a maximum period of 6 month. At the final stage, a maximum of 3 people will be selected personally by the Heaven Blades, or even none at all if you are deemed not worthy enough.

This announcement shall be valid for 5 calendar days since its issuance. ’

lol.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-28, 17:38   Link #976
cynicalicious
I like pie.

I think with Grendan, if you can survive long enough in the city to make it to school-age, you're able to apply for military arts.
cynicalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-01, 06:12   Link #977
Serous

It's probably easy to survive, considering that the HB guard grendan
Serous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-01, 18:06   Link #978
cloudninja

Decent show so far but it's annoying during the small portion in each episode where they have the English speaking characters, only because their English is so poor. They should either have better English speaking voice actors for those parts or just have them speak Japanese. The only reason I haven't skipped those portions is because they probably tie in with everything else somehow.
cloudninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 21:44   Link #979
GreenLama
Banned

So since this is the general chat for CSR, I figured I would ask a few questions about it and see what others think..........

1. Does anyone think this with either be avaiable on DVD in the U.S with dubbs someday and/or ported to American television and maybe placed on Adult Swim or Sci-Fi's AniMondays?

2. Is there any merchendise such as action figures and or clothing in the works that we know about?

Just checking in, thanks guys!
GreenLama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 00:46   Link #980
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLama View Post
So since this is the general chat for CSR, I figured I would ask a few questions about it and see what others think..........

1. Does anyone think this with either be avaiable on DVD in the U.S with dubbs someday and/or ported to American television and maybe placed on Adult Swim or Sci-Fi's AniMondays?
Possibly. It seems like it has a very good chance to be licensed in America. I don't know about it getting on American TV. It's certainly a possibly especially on it making on Sci-fi but it hard to guess whether or not they'll go for it.

Quote:
2. Is there any merchendise such as action figures and or clothing in the works that we know about?

Just checking in, thanks guys!
I'm certain it will eventually have it own figures made for characters and some promotional clothing. Though most likely you'd have to buy it from Japan and have it shipped here as I doubt they'll have similar here in America even if it gets licensed.

Tags
fantasy, shounen