AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-21, 16:36   Link #1221
Bri

On two's is a cost cutting measure. Normally animation uses 24 frames (drawings) per second, by using two copies of every drawing (effectively 2x 12 drawings per second) you can cut cost of production without losing much in animation quality in scenes without fast movement. Whenever the movement goes up, the animators switch back to using 24 different drawings again.
Old 2010-02-21, 16:40   Link #1222
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post
On two's is a cost cutting measure. Normally animation uses 24 frames per second, by using two copies of every cell (effectively 2x 12 cells per second) you can cut cost of production without losing much in animation quality in scenes without fast movement. Whenever the movement goes up, the animators switch back to using 24 different cells again.
That sounds kind of difficult...
I still don't quite understand it (I'm...slow) but thanks anyway.
Maybe someday I'll understand
So, is on two's bad or something?
Old 2010-02-21, 16:56   Link #1223
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyElizzabeth View Post
Nah, most people won't notice it much anyway. Only thing that happens is that movement becomes a bit more choppy and less fluid.

The old Disney movies were shot in a mix of 1's and 2's and if the Haruhi movie is done with the same amount it's not bad at all. Not too sure about anime but 3's is quite common for TV shows like the Simpons.
Old 2010-02-22, 07:40   Link #1224
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
As to be expected, the Haruhi movie did not place in the top ten rankings at MovieWalker and Cinemanavi this week. There is a chance we may find out how much money it made this weekend, but I cannot tell for sure or not. This weekend should be interesting with the film bookmark repeat viewing campaign.

Edit:NEW FOOTAGE!!!!!
Sometime within the past hour and a half, the official website has posted two commercials for the movie. Link is here, but BEWARE OF SPOILERS!

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2010-02-22 at 08:10.
Old 2010-02-22, 11:06   Link #1225
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post

Sometime within the past hour and a half, the official website has posted two commercials for the movie. Link is here, but BEWARE OF SPOILERS!
Just like how Haruhi can always count on Koizumi, I always look forward to getting Haruhi news from you. This one is awesome

Surprisingly, alt!Yuki's voice doesn't sound much different from 'real' Yuki. Also, while I was getting really excited about the new clips, (especially Asakura, my goodness, she looks so darn good) my heart sank when Kyon's finger pressed the 'ENTER' button
Old 2010-02-22, 12:18   Link #1226
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

the small trailer almost makes me tear up, oh god this movie looks absolutely beautiful
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2010-02-22, 12:32   Link #1227
aegisofrime
Yuki Nagato Worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
the small trailer almost makes me tear up, oh god this movie looks absolutely beautiful
Indeed. I thought that 5 Centimeters per Second was the most beautiful anime I have ever seen, but from that trailer Disappearance beats it by a long shot.
Old 2010-02-22, 13:14   Link #1228
tolerantfire

Quote:
At the end of both trailers there were words about some DVD that will be aired in 26.2.10. What will it be? I can't read those kanji, but as far as I see, they are not *消失*
Old 2010-02-22, 13:20   Link #1229
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolerantfire View Post
At the end of both trailers there were words about some DVD that will be aired in 26.2.10. What will it be? I can't read those kanji, but as far as I see, they are not *消失*
It's the first advertisement of any kind that I've seen so far for the Suzumiya Haruhi no Gensou (The String Concert of Haruhi Suzumiya) DVD that is coming out this Friday (26th of 2nd Month, Year 2010).

Old 2010-02-22, 16:11   Link #1230
thirdlc

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyElizzabeth View Post
I seem to have given a negative image to you. There's nothing to worry about. The movie is as fluid as OPs, which are mainly made on twos. The reason I said I didn't like on-twos animation is just my own personal problem. When I watch, for a long time, animation at which on-threes or on-fours should be enough but actually on-twos was used, I feel sick due to the fluidity.
Old 2010-02-22, 21:33   Link #1231
darksassin
Is this dangerous??

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdlc View Post
I seem to have given a negative image to you. There's nothing to worry about. The movie is as fluid as OPs, which are mainly made on twos. The reason I said I didn't like on-twos animation is just my own personal problem. When I watch, for a long time, animation at which on-threes or on-fours should be enough but actually on-twos was used, I feel sick due to the fluidity.
So You basically means the the animation standard is higher than it should be?
Old 2010-02-22, 23:58   Link #1232
wingman32x

I can't wait for the third movie to get subbed. I just recently watched season 1 and 2 and now I love this series! I saw the trailers and they look incredible! It sucks that we're probably going to have to wait a while.
Old 2010-02-23, 09:46   Link #1233
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdlc View Post
Just a question; Does this mean that the higher the number behind the 'on-', the poorer the quality of the animation? When I say poorer I don't mean pixelated or anything like that, just the fluidity of the animation. From what I understand from your explanation, effectively to cut costs the studios sacrifice fluidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
I can't wait for the third movie to get subbed. I just recently watched season 1 and 2 and now I love this series! I saw the trailers and they look incredible! It sucks that we're probably going to have to wait a while.
Actually, Disappearance is the 1st and only movie released about Haruhi thus far
Old 2010-02-23, 10:06   Link #1234
darksassin
Is this dangerous??

Quote:
What does Kyon( I presume) says near the end of the trailer? God those trailers are beautiful!!
( this is tear of sadness due to have to wait for the awesome movies)
Old 2010-02-23, 11:11   Link #1235
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by edkedkedk View Post
Actually, Disappearance is the 1st and only movie released about Haruhi thus far
Crap, I really screwed up, didn't I? I know that disappearance is the only movie and I have no idea why I put third in there. Now I feel embarassed . Oh well, just know it was a typing mistake on my part, I must have had another series on my mind at the time. Plus I wrote the post at 3 AM so my mind wasn't at peak condition at the time. Sorry for the blunder.

That aside, the movie looks incredible. I can't wait .
Old 2010-02-23, 11:47   Link #1236
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by edkedkedk View Post
Just a question; Does this mean that the higher the number behind the 'on-', the poorer the quality of the animation? When I say poorer I don't mean pixelated or anything like that, just the fluidity of the animation. From what I understand from your explanation, effectively to cut costs the studios sacrifice fluidity.
Yeah, as far as I know, that's correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksassin View Post
What does Kyon( I presume) says near the end of the trailer? God those trailers are beautiful!!
He says "Please don't forget that I was here".
Old 2010-02-23, 14:30   Link #1237
TadloS

Quote:
FOOTAGE!!!!![/B]
It looks absolutely fabulous. Can't wait for the movie!
Old 2010-02-23, 14:41   Link #1238
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
looks like I/we don't have to wait after all XD

The movie will probably be subbed by March or so.... by Dattebayo/a.f.k. or stuff like that
Old 2010-02-23, 14:44   Link #1239
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
looks like I/we don't have to wait after all XD

The movie will probably be subbed by March or so.... by Dattebayo/a.f.k. or stuff like that
There has not been a release date set for the movie. The release date at the end of the commercial was advertising the Suzumiya Haruhi no Gensou DVD that comes out this Friday since they hadn't aired any other commercial for that DVD.

Old 2010-02-23, 14:52   Link #1240
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Oh. Well let's all hope for it.

Tags
science fiction, shounen