AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-11-05, 14:02   Link #341
Nivek von Beldo

Amazing chapter, loved how the bargain was going so well thanks to our hustle but failed thanks that little detail.

the escape on dirigible was unique and well done and them running away the mountain and the sudden height spike(bogota colombia is higher that mountain and i never suffered them)

very nice chapter
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-05, 17:38   Link #342
Jaden

It's too bad this won't reach an ending any time soon, would be totally AOTY material otherwise.
Old 2018-11-05, 19:44   Link #343
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

They were so close to pulling it off without a hitch. Tsurumi really has some very capable men. Is Sugimoto a very common name? I found it odd they didn't bother changing it. It wouldn't have hurt, would it?

Really great episode overall. The highlight was the last scene, with Sugimoto and Asirpa talking inside the deer. It's hands down one of the best scene in the series. So powerful.
Old 2018-11-05, 19:51   Link #344
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Man, love the dig on the Arisaka expy. Especially with Tsukishima being the sane man when he realizes that Arisaka is working with Tsurumi to get a war economy starting in Hokkaido...

Reminds me of Metal Gear, but in the early 20th century.

All that's lacking is the Philosophers.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-11, 12:04   Link #345
wuhugm
Confused Shark

wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-12, 15:19   Link #346
Nivek von Beldo

Genjirou live story...so sad and that dramatic irony...but all our friends reunited again...nice.
Old 2018-11-12, 19:40   Link #347
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was a fantastic episode. I was completely drawn into Tanigaki's tragic backstory. He's too ashamed to go back to his village, but I think his father and brother deserve to know the truth. Not to mention Kenkichi's parents, who believe to this day their son is a crazy murderer and were probably treated like shit by the rest of the village. I thought it was odd Kenkichi was only concerned with Tanigaki's family and not his own.
Old 2018-11-12, 20:38   Link #348
Wandering Soul

That was great. Tanigaki spent all that time seeking revenge only to find out that Kenkichi really did love his sister and everything he did was to fulfill his sister's wish. Ironically Tanigaki just added to the suffering his family was going through. No matter how ashamed he may be, I do think he should go back home and tell everyone the truth.
Old 2018-11-13, 00:49   Link #349
wuhugm
Confused Shark

I was legit crying

But yea, it was reaching too much
Branded a murderer is better than letting people know of the smallpox?
His family would be called murderer's family too
This is weird
Old 2018-11-19, 04:31   Link #350
LG-MAX 2.o

Golden Kamuy will have new OAD: http://moetron.net/post/180268875110...ndled-with-the

I remember the last OAD sold around 25,000 copies.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-19, 15:43   Link #351
Nivek von Beldo

Golden Kamuy is official the bear #1 enemy, so many bear killed in this anime so far(hope the kuma miko is not reading or watching this)

Nice the explanation of Ainu religion and folkore was so well explained and nicely done.

Tsurumi charisma is something with all the soldiers in the rebellion.

Poison to that rape stew...that was hardcore and the same hunting his father, still is the most normal so far.

That Beach jump....jejejeje
Old 2018-11-19, 18:00   Link #352
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I wonder why Tsurumi's seducing of Ogata didn't take. Could he be a lot more sane than his parent murdering would indicate?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-19, 18:49   Link #353
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I wonder why Tsurumi's seducing of Ogata didn't take. Could he be a lot more sane than his parent murdering would indicate?
Maybe he saw between line and think he can dethrone Tsurumi to take the throne himself?
Old 2018-11-19, 19:35   Link #354
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Conversely, Ogata may be so insane that not even Tsurumi can rein him in.

Last edited by Wandering Soul; 2018-11-19 at 19:59.
Wandering Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-19, 19:36   Link #355
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It was nice to learn a bit more about Ainu traditions. They were pretty fascinating people.

Quote:
I'd say it's the opposite. I think it didn't work precisely because he's as much of a psychopath as Tsurumi. He could tell Tsurumi was trying to manipulate him because that's what he would do too, he was seeing right through him. There's that and Tsurumi manipulates his soldiers emotionally, and Ogata has no such emotions to take advantage of. He didn't kill his family because he resented them, but because he was curious what would happen and whether he could be "fixed".

It makes me wonder what he's after now.
Old 2018-11-20, 07:56   Link #356
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Ogata is a madman
Old 2018-11-21, 03:40   Link #357
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Damn... Koito's Satsuma dialect is hard to follow.

And it's not joke. -_-''

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-21, 05:07   Link #358
LG-MAX 2.o

wow to the anime in having the courage to show the rising sun flag, I thought would be censored.
Old 2018-11-21, 08:37   Link #359
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
wow to the anime in having the courage to show the rising sun flag, I thought would be censored.
Why? Beside the obvious plus that was the naval ensign at the time to be historical accurated
Old 2018-11-21, 08:59   Link #360
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek von Beldo View Post
Why? Beside the obvious plus that was the naval ensign at the time to be historical accurated
Because many Koreans and Chinese see this flag in the same way that Europeans and Westerners see the Nazi swastika, and there is often controversy over the use of the rising sun flag, there was a controversy that bothered many Chinese and Koreans in the 17th Detective Conan movie because it appeared briefly, in 2017 there was this in a Gintama live-action video and a few weeks ago a teacher at a Japanese school put that symbol on a test and the test was nullified, etc.

There are several controversies about this in anime, just look for more information.

ps: It goes without saying that Koreans and Chinese are big consumers of anime and manga.

Tags
action, adventure, ainu, citatap, cooking, glorious bear cgi, historical, hokkaido tourism