AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-09-22, 23:21   Link #201
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
I feel that this news is the reason why J.C.Staff rushed this series:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...volume/.106784

But no matter what, no Season 2 for Taboo Tattoo.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-23, 03:25   Link #202
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

In a nutshell, the manga has been slated to end next volume (i.e. axed) and the anime served not only as an animated preview or advertisement for the manga but also as a desperate final attempt to sell the series.

I personally doubt the latter.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-23, 05:05   Link #203
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

It has seven years on going, that's not what you call axed.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-23, 18:00   Link #204
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
It has seven years on going, that's not what you call axed.
The length of time it has been running has nothing to do with whither it was axed. Just whither the author or the magazine decided it was ending. And it sounds like the magazine cut it so that means it was axed.

I must say that if the anime was even slightly like the manga I am amazed it lasted seven years.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-24, 09:44   Link #205
alex_drian

The osananajimi died for good or revived later? anyone knows?
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-24, 13:59   Link #206
DemonneoPT

This was such a rushed mess! After a nice first episode, it went sideways really fast. Was expecting a little more from the martial arts background our MC had, but it was practically disregarded till the end. And when it was finally used (only because it was mentioned by one of the chars..lol), we had an horrible and uninspired fight between two giant things that only knew how to punch...
The misplaced comedy and the nonsense regarding certain parts of the plot/character actions made it impossible to take this serious, which ruined the thing i liked the most in the anime that were the brutal plot twist deaths of important characters like Touko or even the permanent injuries, for example, Fluesy had. The author had balls, so i give him that.

I did not understood the ending tho... did they announce a season 2 with that preview or what?
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-24, 15:25   Link #207
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
The osananajimi died for good or revived later? anyone knows?
I don't know about the manga, but she clearly remained dead here. If you want to know about the manga, you can't ask here.
Old 2016-09-24, 23:00   Link #208
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
I don't know about the manga, but she clearly remained dead here. If you want to know about the manga, you can't ask here.
I know the manga, is almost the same that this, but I ask for the LN
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-25, 20:29   Link #209
nfsac

This series reminded me of Guilty Crown. Both had awesome start, the usual yet enjoyable character typos, a different world setting, doable ratings for the very start. From middle to end they totally got screwed. The plot totally looses its pace and we get hit by a hammer of stupidity by the end :eyebrow.

Taboo Tattoo is not good but it wanted to be good. It had many pieces but instead of putting the puzzle together the author made a mess.

I think the following things are what made both manga/anime fail:

1) Touko gets her own tattoo and even develops part of the power in it to just be killed off by good.

2)B.B makes no sense at all.

3) You would make much more profit of the Boy Meets Girl setting if you made a love triangle of Izzy and Touko with Seigi than this stupid relationship charts we got.

4) The Kingdom is barely explained.

5) The Tattoo system lacks A LOT of backstory. The "powers'' of this series are just added to the plot and deal with it, explanations are not a must.

6) The idea of the Army using Seigi, and both sides not being good is abandoned in the middle of the plot.

7) The Author wanted to make a mix of cliches from all famous series he could. From prosthetic limbs copying FMA to Izzy and Arya being a simple copy of Saber and Rin from Fate/Stay Night.

8) Seigi looks like a rip off Spider-man: With Great powers come Great responsability.

9) Seigi becomming a traggic bloody knight/avenger destroyed his character for good.

10) The Jokes, the humor idea of the author makes us feel bad when we have jokes inserted during a bloody fight or over someone's suffering. Or the anti climatic fights ends.

11) You could have addeed a good number of enemies, but no they are just the dumb wanting to rule the world at the cost of killing all humans cliche.

There are many more items I could list. It is sad that I even liked the characters individually, but the way the author worked burned it all.
nfsac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, martial arts