AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-09-17, 00:28   Link #1
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Aiki

I tried to search for this manga but it seems there are no opened thread about it here yet...

This is actually the first manga i started and finished without watching the anime first... since i coudnt find any more martial arts related animes i decided to check on mangas and there it was. I got to say it is pretty good. Since i didnt read many mangas all i can do is compare it to animes i watched and i would it is between Kenichi (my favorite) and the likes of tenjo tenge (bad ass main character). There is more than enough martial arts and fighting, comedy and some sex involved since the main guy is ... well you'll find out really quick.

The last translated chapter i found was chapter 25 ... but it isnt even halfway and i read that it was published in 2005. If anyone has more info like the current japanese chapter, frequecy of releases or just wanna talk about it you are more than welcomed =D

In case you want to check it: Aiki chapters 1-25
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 01:53   Link #2
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Yeah, AIKI is pretty solid, Joukyuu is the type of char I like in my marital arts manga; strong, competent, cool, sadistic and quite the perv. Well, I don't look for pervertedness and sadisism in this type of manga, but as long as it isn't over the top, I'm good with it.

The sex scenes isn't nearly as bad as it was in the beginning. I mean he was knocking women just for the heck of it. Even though the sexual content wasn't overbearing and actually complimented the story, I'm glad they've toned it down to where it is practically non-existant.

A strange shift in the story is making it focused on Joukyuu right now. I was more interested in seeing Kizuki's development. I suppose the manga IS actually about Joukyuu, but the earlier impressions made it seem like the manga was about Kizuki getting stronger and taking over her grandfather's school or whatever. Unfortunately she doesn't get too much screen time.

I'm glad they're releasing the chaps at decent intervals, waiting 2-3 months for a single chapter kinda sucks >.>.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 02:02   Link #3
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

It's a fun thing indeed and the sex scenes are as expected from the author

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 02:29   Link #4
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Im glad that there wasnt a thread about this already. Got too many warning for posting in wrong places >.<

Back to topic: This manga is rather interesting cause the main guy is already at the peak of his skills and is like owning everyone with a broken body like his. I think from all the animes i watched the only one similar was in Kaze no Stigma and much less badass than Joukyuu xD

Im not sure about how much will this manga develop but if given it time, Kizuki's growth will definitly take a important role. She keeps surprising everyone fight after fight. From learning the wind step by watching the video or breaking that wip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majek View Post
It's a fun thing indeed and the sex scenes are as expected from the author
as frubam said, those scenes were only at the begining and were like needed to show the kind of person Joukyuu is. Im glad the author reduced it gradually and turned into the important things.

Last edited by incube; 2008-09-17 at 02:52.
Old 2008-09-17, 11:25   Link #5
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

His mother still kicked the crap out of him :P So he's not owning everybody and he's still having enough sex.

Old 2008-09-17, 13:12   Link #6
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
His mother still kicked the crap out of him :P So he's not owning everybody and he's still having enough sex.
we dont know if she is really stronger than him... after all we are talking about his mom and we also have to consider his deteriorated body.

About the sex... what i meant when i said that there was less was how much the manga showed about it. I mean the way he was banging that revolver chick was a bit too detailed than just one picture of him on the same bed with another woman. And i also want to say im not against it.... just glad that it didnt turn into some hentai no plot story.
Old 2008-09-17, 19:52   Link #7
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by incube View Post
we dont know if she is really stronger than him... after all we are talking about his mom and we also have to consider his deteriorated body.

About the sex... what i meant when i said that there was less was how much the manga showed about it. I mean the way he was banging that revolver chick was a bit too detailed than just one picture of him on the same bed with another woman. And i also want to say im not against it.... just glad that it didnt turn into some hentai no plot story.
i agree.

I rather prefer hentai with a plot story.

so. much. better.
Old 2008-09-17, 20:31   Link #8
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

i just noticed what title "AIKI" means and i cant make sense from it -.-

AI = love Ki = air or the "ki" .... what does that have to do with the anime ?
Old 2008-09-18, 17:17   Link #9
Jhono1

Quote:

Well judging from how he got the crap beaten out of him and how he showed fear for the first time, we can safely assume his mother is extremely bad ass. Even more so than him.

And the sex, well it's an adult manga after all. I quite like it this way, bad ass main char + no damn shounen 13 year old idiot kid + sex scenes and cool fights to go with it = win imo.
Jhono1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 19:46   Link #10
Ultenth

Quote:
i just noticed what title "AIKI" means and i cant make sense from it -.-

AI = love Ki = air or the "ki" .... what does that have to do with the anime ?
Aiki is often interpreted as "the way of harmonious spirit" or something similar. And it is the root word for Aikido, which comes from Daitō-ryū Aiki-jūjutsu, and is a fairly well known martial art (Stephen Seagal being probably the most well known practitioner.)
Ultenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 12:47   Link #11
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

So his mother is "stronger than him" since she created ( in more ways than once xD ) him in the first place XDD

Old 2008-09-22, 13:45   Link #12
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Man glad there's a thread of this~!!! been reading the scanlations and raws for a long time now. Been a fan of the artist of Slut Girl Isutoshi and I was surprised he made an action/ecchi shounen action manga, with that level of fanservice WHOA!!! That got me reading it, since the fights here are mostly unique, erotic and awesome.

One thing though this bas ass dyed blond character reminds me of Jirou from School Rumble, wished Jyukyuu maintained his black hair in the flashbacks ohhh well..., but what he said is so precious! "You don't say the word of technique in front of your opponent since this is real life and not an anime." LOL!!! Also been reading the raws...that was her moma? Never knew that, better start reading the scanlations again. Thanks for this thread man awesome!

Also there's an anime of AIKI? Never seen it.
Old 2008-09-23, 07:19   Link #13
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post

Also there's an anime of AIKI? Never seen it.
There is no AIKI anime.
actually , there hasn't been any Isutoshi animation so far. Which is kinda sad , because he does some great stuff.
Samanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 08:31   Link #14
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
So his mother is "stronger than him" since she created ( in more ways than once xD ) him in the first place XDD
Well, she's not really stronger. Just well prepared.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 01:38   Link #15
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
One thing though this bas ass dyed blond character reminds me of Jirou from School Rumble, wished Jyukyuu maintained his black hair in the flashbacks ohhh well..., but what he said is so precious! "You don't say the word of technique in front of your opponent since this is real life and not an anime." LOL!!! Also been reading the raws...that was her moma? Never knew that, better start reading the scanlations again. Thanks for this thread man awesome!
Yeah something that i like about this manga is that they dont go saying what moves their about to use or explain them to their opponent. Most of the time either the powerful guy just owns the rest and leaves or if some explanation is done, it is done by a bystander in order to help the one fighting. The only one that did name his moves was the cat moves kid but since even his allies accepted his stupidity, it is ok

Spoiler for Chapter 26:

Last edited by incube; 2008-09-24 at 01:55.
Old 2008-10-05, 16:39   Link #16
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
The more chapters of Aiki I read, the less I see of any actual "goal" ion terms of plot. Quite literally, shit happens, especially with current events.

But you kind of have to respect it for that, it's a break away from the crowd.

Spoiler for Current Chapters:
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 20:16   Link #17
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

I thought they were all out to defeat that blind guy?

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 20:22   Link #18
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
I thought they were all out to defeat that blind guy?
Oh wow, I'd forgotten all about that dude; there are so many twist and turn events it's hard to keep track of the armchair villain.
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 08:06   Link #19
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Surprised no one is talking about this one. It looks like shits just starting to hit the fan in chapter 51. Going to get an epic fight hopefully between the two top fighters.
Old 2009-08-30, 12:23   Link #20
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Oh so there is a thread on this title

Don't know about you guys who still read it but chapter 57 just gave me the shits.

That old man was able to best Joukyuu's move that took out Karasu

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
borderline-h, martial arts