AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-04-12, 07:27   Link #281
Verisimilitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
One thing is sure, she was in Morisaki's camp. When he proposed Miyuki to abandon the Weeds and join them, she nodded behind. I love these details .
Didn't we have that whole explanation a few volumes later about her actions?
Verisimilitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 07:46   Link #282
CatRules
Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by niffum View Post
In the novel, her actions were written in a way that was deliberately misleading so that readers would assume she was joining in with the other Blooms. She really was going to cast harmless magic to stop the fight though - it's just that her actions are less ambiguous when you can actually see them as opposed to reading about them.

Also, while not the novel, that's pretty much exactly how that scene was portrayed in the Yuutosei manga.
to stop the fight?
After Erika knocked Mori's CAD, everyone stopped fighting. Honoka stopped nothing. She initiated the second round.
Spoiler for Vol.1 ch 2:

And the novel did state that she's on the attacking side.
Spoiler for same:

I'm not hating Honoka or anything. Just saying that I like it to follow the original(since they changed his part, now I.m sure that they are going to skip Honoka's monologue about how she met Tat and the cause of her behavior.)
Old 2014-04-12, 08:25   Link #283
niffum

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatRules View Post
to stop the fight?
After Erika knocked Mori's CAD, everyone stopped fighting. Honoka stopped nothing. She initiated the second round.
Spoiler for Vol.1 ch 2:

And the novel did state that she's on the attacking side.
Spoiler for same:

I'm not hating Honoka or anything. Just saying that I like it to follow the original(since they changed his part, now I.m sure that they are going to skip Honoka's monologue about how she met Tat and the cause of her behavior.)
Okay, re-reading that part and volume 4, I admit I'd forgotten quite how hostile Honoka came off. But it still reads like she was just making the most of a lull in the fight to cast blinding magic. So the anime's portrayal of the scene doesn't contradict what is in the novel, it just interprets it in a way which is favourable to Honoka. And I'm not particularly defending Honoka's actions here, I just don't think that one detail is really enough to accuse the anime of not being faithful. Especially if you're right and Honoka's later monologue is cut out: if that happens, we won't get the explanation that casts her actions in a more relatable light so it makes sense to portray her more favourably from the get-go. Adapting a story from media to another is as much about knowing what to change as what to leave intact so that the overal effect remains the same.
niffum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 12:29   Link #284
Guest2

What the HECK is going on during the ending credits for the anime?!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Guest2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 13:51   Link #285
pampz21
ShipCore

First I can say that the staff is pretty much loyal to the novel; a very good pacing.

2nd the ending visual sucks!

3rd the OP made me think that Tatsuya=Leo; Miyuki=Erika; the staff really made them look like counter part of each other; well basically the other side of each coin.

4th Tatsuya gave me the impression of always looking after Erika; which will probably be one of fuels of my ship and we'll probably see alot.

5th looks like we can agree that Tatsuya magic at first episode isnt his personal speed magic due to it being slow.

6th they skip Erika monolouge so the anime viewers are probably wonder why it turn out to be that scene; well other than that mystery, they explain it pretty well.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Last edited by pampz21; 2014-04-12 at 14:08.
pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 13:54   Link #286
IceHism

Having watched the animation with one of my primary reasons to see how all the battles are animated, i gotta say i enjoyed those 3 seconds of Tatsuya vs Hattori duel. I didn't think he was that fast though so that's cool.

The pacing is really well done imo.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 14:06   Link #287
Chris38

After watching the second episode..

They are still keeping a more or less faithful adaptation to the LN and for that I am glad.

The practical scene ... looked a little different compared to what I imagined in the LN, but I think they still managed to portray the fact that Tatsuya is pretty slow in technical skills...

Tatsuya's fight with Hattori ... made him seem even more OP, compared to the LN, especially considering how they made Hattori visualize how he sees the outcome of this fight ... before portraying the actual 'fight' ...

I don't have anything against the pace of the anime as well...

The only issue that I have ... is the ending song and images related to it ... I don't have any clue what it is supposed to be about
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 14:11   Link #288
IceHism

For some reason, I'm imagining that the ending scenes are of the city after the Okinawa attack of 2092 or it could be Yokohama..

Not sure about the magic sequence-like formation in the sky
Old 2014-04-12, 14:14   Link #289
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest2 View Post
What the HECK is going on during the ending credits for the anime?!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
After watching the second episode..

They are still keeping a more or less faithful adaptation to the LN and for that I am glad.

The practical scene ... looked a little different compared to what I imagined in the LN, but I think they still managed to portray the fact that Tatsuya is pretty slow in technical skills...

Tatsuya's fight with Hattori ... made him seem even more OP, compared to the LN, especially considering how they made Hattori visualize how he sees the outcome of this fight ... before portraying the actual 'fight' ...

I don't have anything against the pace of the anime as well...

The only issue that I have ... is the ending song and images related to it ... I don't have any clue what it is supposed to be about
Do the ED visuals have to mean something? I just think the staff decided to make whimsical visuals that don't relate to any future plot.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 14:17   Link #290
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
Do the ED visuals have to mean something? I just think the staff decided to make whimsical visuals that don't relate to any future plot.
I concur there is no scene in the LN that pertain to that ED probably it has no meaning; ok time to get this topic going lets guess the pacing for next week

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-04-12, 14:18   Link #291
Divini
Senpai!

Giant magic circle in the sky is just the visual manifestation of the information Eidos. Miyuki is in deep thought about using Cocytus and sending her brother off in Yokohama.

But that's just a guess, yours is as good as mine.
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 14:19   Link #292
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
I concur their is no scene in the LN that pertain to that ED probably it has no meaning; ok time to get this topic going lets guess the pacing for next week
If the staff is really planning on covering 3 arcs in 24 episodes, leaving the remaining two for volume 5 side stories. Then the third episode should end up with Tatsuya witnessing Kirihara's rampage and the fourth episode should end with Tatsuya suppressing Kirihara and the entire Kendo club, thus concluding the first volume..
Old 2014-04-12, 14:20   Link #293
Lazy cat

this time none will say how the city should be destroyed after the WWIII even if it is not showed in the anime itself (there was a few complains abaout it before)
Lazy cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 14:26   Link #294
kazakiri
Nobody Knows

Hattori down already... It took like 15 seconds tops... Though I t didn't show Tatsuya stopping right in front of Hattori

Quote:
"At this moment, he almost let out a cry of surprise.

His opponent, that arrogant 1st Year student, was somehow close enough to fill his entire vision. "
Fight was even more uneventful than I expected, above wasn't shown. Too bad I was looking forward to see Hattori's surprised look... I wonder if they can afford to do a visual play by play next episode...

It seemed like there was no

Quote:
"He hurriedly changed his target, and prepared to unleash his magic.

Basic Single System Movement-Type Magic.

Any opponent caught by this magic would be flung back over a dozen meters and knocked unconscious by the impact, ending the battle.

But, the magic ended without invoking.

There should have been no problems with the Activation Sequence.

His opponent had vanished.

While the target of Magic Sequences did not have to be very specific, if the target that was originally in the line of sight suddenly disappeared, spell failure was inevitable."
because he was fainting already?
kazakiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 14:33   Link #295
Wandering Soul

They are staying faithful to the LN and the episode ended just as everyone expected it to. Although I did have to rewind the Hattori and Tatsuya fight since I blinked and ended up missing it. Now it's time to start making theories about what the ED is supposed be showing.
Old 2014-04-12, 14:41   Link #296
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
If the staff is really planning on covering 3 arcs in 24 episodes, leaving the remaining two for volume 5 side stories. Then the third episode should end up with Tatsuya witnessing Kirihara's rampage and the fourth episode should end with Tatsuya suppressing Kirihara and the entire Kendo club, thus concluding the first volume..
Agreed episode 3 will be Tatsuya and Mari flirting according to Miyuki and Miyuki fan service. Probably it will end in Erika asking Tatsuya on a date. Episode 4 will be the date x flirting then ending it Tatsuya dominating the kenjutsu club ending vol. 1.

4 episode per vol. Will leads us episode 8 ending the enrollment arc; 9-16 will end the 9sc arc; 17+18 will probably the beach episode and SC election; 19-26 will be Yokohama.

If thats the theory then its a good adaption.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-04-12, 14:44   Link #297
IceHism

ehh, when do you think we will have the blanche terrorists attacking the school and then Tatsuya + co goes to their hideout and apprehend/torture all of them? Which ep would this be?
Old 2014-04-12, 14:45   Link #298
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Agreed episode 3 will be Tatsuya and Mari flirting according to Miyuki and Miyuki fan service. Probably it will end in Erika asking Tatsuya on a date. Episode 4 will be the date x flirting then ending it Tatsuya dominating the kenjutsu club ending vol. 1.

4 episode per vol. Will leads us episode 8 ending the enrollment arc; 9-16 will end the 9sc arc; 17+18 will probably the beach episode and SC election; 19-26 will be Yokohama.

If thats the theory then it a good adaption.
Whoops. Made a mistake in my previous post. There's no way Tatsuya suppressing the whole club could cover an entire episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
ehh, when do you think we will have the blanche terrorists attacking the school and then Tatsuya + co goes to their hideout and apprehend/torture all of them? Which ep would this be?
Episodes 5-8 should cover the second volume so episode 7.

I think I finally understand how the staff is cutting all this up. They seem to be taking relevant scenes and grouping them up later. For instance, I was a little surprised and disappointed when the staff chose to go into Erika's CAD instead of Mayumi's psion bullet at the beginning, but now I realize that if they did that they would have had to explain magic all over again, which they did in the chibi episodes already. They are probably going to save the explanation of the psion bullet later in the second arc when Tatsuya busts out Gram Demolition.
Old 2014-04-12, 14:45   Link #299
Divini
Senpai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
At this pace, ep. 5 would be a safe bet.
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 14:48   Link #300
Rava

Hmmm.

I think they should have shown his movement speed instead of focusing on Hattori. This kind of made it look like he moved AFTER Hattori was ready.
Rava is offline   Reply With Quote