AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-06-11, 12:57   Link #241
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Moral of the story, dont bite more than you can chew.
Old 2016-06-11, 13:25   Link #242
Freeter
beyond

Dude must have bought a wired jaw with the backer money then

From a recent interview:

Quote:
“One more thing I’d like to say is that Mighty no. 9 is a [set of] ‘contents,’ meaning it’s not just a game. We’re also moving forward in an anime and live action film for it. Development for a sequel is already in our minds, and we all share the feeling of ‘we’ll do it even if it doesn’t sell’.”
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Inticreates doesn't share that sentiment
Old 2016-06-11, 14:15   Link #243
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
As much as he wants to, Beck cannot be Kirby :P

I'll give them the tight budget call though, it has become quite obvious that the making of this game turned to be a lot more challenging than what was originally believed, forcing a path of procrastination and delays that can only be remedied through a larger budget (and a lot more hours of work than your typical 8-hour).
Yeah, I can actually buy that. Easy to get carried away and not realize how much money things are really going to cost. They also got pretty nuts with the stretch goals one after another.

Not that I feel much sympathy since they were the ones who set them.

Will be glad to just have the game and put this nonsense behind me. No more kickstarting for a good while.
Old 2016-06-11, 14:25   Link #244
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Some stretch goals are easy; the various modes are just a rehash of already existing content (save the online one, which is immensely more arduous to accomplish), the making-of documentary is a simple task, as is the OST. Everything else, however, is a lot of extra work: even assuming you got the various sprites ready and physics/collision mechanics set, making two more stages with bosses (one of which is a Call stage) sets the project back by quite a bit. I don't know what impact the mass cross-platforming may have had, but it's a game eventually available on PC, Mac, Linux, PS360, Wii U, PS4, Xone, PSVita AND 3DS!

Quote:
Moral of the story, dont bite more than you can chew.
QFT, it seems to be the case with many kickstarter projects.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-11, 14:51   Link #245
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
As much as he wants to, Beck cannot be Kirby :P

I'll give them the tight budget call though, it has become quite obvious that the making of this game turned to be a lot more challenging than what was originally believed, forcing a path of procrastination and delays that can only be remedied through a larger budget (and a lot more hours of work than your typical 8-hour).
It's a little harder to excuse Inafune when he has been in the industry for decades...
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-11, 14:58   Link #246
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yeah, but it's not like he's the lone member working on the project, and he was also working for Capcom, which as we've seen is notoriously good at screwing over its game development.
Old 2016-06-11, 17:42   Link #247
Shadow5YA

What does Capcom have to do with Mighty No. 9? Inafune doesn't work for Capcom anymore, and neither does any member of his team.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-11, 18:01   Link #248
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I'm saying Inafune might not be as knowledgeable in normal game production because Capcom tended to shaft his products. He might not have the best idea of how game production is supposed to work.
Old 2016-06-21, 00:28   Link #249
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Now that is sad.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2016-06-21, 03:43   Link #250
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Enemies never go for pure life kills in platformers, they go for the flinch into spikes, lava, the dreaded off-screen, etc. Of course, that is frustrating and more a Castlevania policy than Megaman...but IIRC it's always there. Frame rate problems are a huge issue, did not see that one coming.

Brief power-ups sound good, but I can't comment without actually having played the game. I can comment on Megaman's sub-weapons though: in this clip, we see Beck spamming buster shots of the lowest level at a boss. What's wrong with that? There's no invincibility time for the boss after each shot. I finished Maverick hunter X recently, where every boss required a particular weapon (and platforming strategy) to beat with more ease. Some had shields, others turned invisible, others flew around...you get the point. I imagine that being able to cheese a boss by spamming A would make the game very underwhelming.

As for the levels themselves...they can't be tedious while having no platforming issues due to Beck's mobility. I just take it the reviewer was looking for something else in that department.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-21, 12:35   Link #251
MCAL

https://twitter.com/etdragonpunch/st...17940396130304
https://twitter.com/megaloltaku/stat...26498135216128

I hope no one got the Wii U version.

There are other problems as well. PSN backer codes don't work right away, it breaks its own steam library page, its comes up as malware on some pcs, the frame rate chugs at as much as a flashing light. Just looks terrible all around. I was planning on getting it, but now I'm even afraid to do that.

http://kotaku.com/the-mighty-no-9-ki...ssy-1782334573 (More problems)
http://gameranx.com/updates/id/60596...-9-launch-day/ (A comprehensive list)

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/745160051694800898

http://kotaku.com/mighty-no-9-s-desi...ble-1782382706

So apparently the "better than nothing" comment was not something Inafune said, but his translator which in itself is pretty bad. Considering most people won't realize that.

Last edited by MCAL; 2016-06-21 at 20:15.
MCAL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-21, 12:50   Link #252
SuitUp
ˇGracias Totales!

"It's better than nothing" Holy shit, the nerve on that guy
Old 2016-06-21, 13:21   Link #253
Freeter
beyond

At this rate, they should rename the game 'Miasma no. 9'
Old 2016-06-21, 20:46   Link #254
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Well after some hours waiting for the psn codes to work....finally got it working.

It's a decent game. Is a shame they didn't include more powers like was originally considered using the more basic enemies. Still, the enemy powers are pretty fun. That Brandish sword is pretty fun to just swing wildly . Can be fun to cycle through different abilities.

Some of the stages can drive me nuts with how perfectly you have to maneuver or avoid instant death. I don't mind having to improve what I'm doing over time....but some parts can get annoying.

It's basically what I expected after the demos. At times the shooting and dashing around can be pretty fun. Does feel like some things could have been more polished. But was nice to see some things come through with this game like with the Call stage.

So yeah, I don't think giving it a 6/10 is unreasonable. It's pretty average. They did some things well and it certainly did turn into a game. For someone who isn't that big into the Megaman style games it is a solid ride.
Old 2016-06-21, 23:58   Link #255
Freeter
beyond

Just finished watching the livestream for the release. Some things to note:

- Cherry picking and fabricating questions during a live chat while being dodgy on real concerns like Red Ash. Maybe Inafune should run for office

- Ben should add mortician to his resume, since he basically dug Comcept's grave with his off-handed remarks. What's even more offensive than the "better than nothing" comment was how he exclaimed he wasn't getting his "2-D fill" (apparently his radar has a weaker signal than a busted cell phone to have missed games like Shantae and Shovel Knight).

- That poor pizza being ignored. Maybe it's time for Capcom to remake Yo! Noid
Old 2016-06-22, 01:06   Link #256
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Just finished watching the livestream for the release. Some things to note:

- Cherry picking and fabricating questions during a live chat while being dodgy on real concerns like Red Ash. Maybe Inafune should run for office

- Ben should add mortician to his resume, since he basically dug Comcept's grave with his off-handed remarks. What's even more offensive than the "better than nothing" comment was how he exclaimed he wasn't getting his "2-D fill" (apparently his radar has a weaker signal than a busted cell phone to have missed games like Shantae and Shovel Knight).

- That poor pizza being ignored. Maybe it's time for Capcom to remake Yo! Noid
Honestly I'm surprised they had a live chat at all. I mean things have changed since the kickstarter when they had nothing but intense optimism and excitement during the final few hours of the campaign. That live stream was a good one. People following the constantly rising number, talking about the game, etc.

But now? There is way too much bad blood to have a live stream for this thing. I didn't even bother to watch, but can presume at least half of the chat was filled with negative comments or questions they didn't want to recognize.
Old 2016-06-23, 10:42   Link #257
Sixth
Hu Tao

So, for those who played this game. How was it?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-23, 12:45   Link #258
Jinjer

ignoring the cringe, the game seems like a decent enough platformer

i'll hold off any judgments until i could get my hands on it... still, that cringe, though
Jinjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-23, 21:10   Link #259
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Documentary

Infuane should stop pretending to have fun.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

My review the game is....

Spoiler for Infuane:
Old 2016-06-23, 22:09   Link #260
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Mighty No. 9's End Credits Are Nearly Four Hours Long