AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Mahouka

Notices

Old 2013-10-06, 15:34   Link #41
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
Finally! But first I'd like to ask, how much we do know about the anime project? Is it comfirm to be a TV series or just "probably"?

I think it should not be too hard to for the anime to handle the infodump. I think mahouka's story can be enjoy without actually understanding every explanation behind it. Actually that how I read the novels at first--just enjoyed the action and comedy. Of course I think this story shines when you actually take time to appreciate those details. It is a very well thought-out magical universe. Almost "scientific". But I think they can left some of it out in the anime without making the viewer feel lost. And that should also make people want to go buy the novels.
100% confirmed. Besides, to be honest there's no going back on a series like this.

The info dumps not as big a deal as ReaperxKing made it out to be. Think about it. For all the technical detail in the novel, it's no thicker than the volumes of other great series who've gotten anime adaptations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Gaaahh I'm torn between whether Hayami or HanaKana may have made a better imouto..! I guess Hayami has a more mature vibe which fits better and her Ayase's 'Onii-san's were absolutely killer (half literally too, bonus points!), but I can't help feel Kana's heart-shattering moe appeal would have worked too...! hsgjghcv
I have to say that I expected a more kawaii voice, but this Hayami's maturity works even better. When I think about how Hayami did Oregairu's Yukino will be saying that cute "Onii-sama," I get goosebumps. I mean that of course in a good way. Remeber that Miyuki's a killer ice queen so mature definitely plays better.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 15:41   Link #42
Seitsuki
Onee!

But when they're all alone, she's his adorable imouto!

I mean, just imagine Nadeko's bedroom voice..or a Plutia style 'Onii~~sama'.. *shiver*
Old 2013-10-06, 15:42   Link #43
Mentar
Banned

I've always seen Miyuki as more gorgeous-mature with occasional young outbursts and not as "moe"-kawaii. Therefore, Hayamin is about as good as it gets, especially when she enters her "melty mode".
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 15:47   Link #44
blackwhite67
Banned

We've all been so focused on Miyuki so I take it that there are no objections to Tatsuya's VA. I always thought that Hotaru's Yuuichi Nakamura from Hyouka would play Tatsuya well.
Old 2013-10-06, 15:53   Link #45
Seitsuki
Onee!

What? Who's thaMIYUKI SAMAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Old 2013-10-06, 16:18   Link #46
Reality_Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
mad house and not sunrise? .... well.... the animation looks fine >_>

make it 2 cours and I'm solve. Go beat SAO and Index franchise!
As good as this LN is, keep those illusions in check until after it airs, you don't want them to get broken before it starts do you. (TAMNI FTW!)

I'm seriously worried at how they are going to handle the massive info dump in this anime, they could do like Horizon and explain every single thing or like Index and explain the important parts in a way non LN readers can understand it. I'm also worried at how the fanbase is going to start shipping Tatsuya x Miyuki even though they're siblings, you know like the LN readers here do (I'm a Tats x Erika shipper by the way), but apart from those it's got the potential to be good and from the preview it looks like it is.
Old 2013-10-06, 17:13   Link #47
Hyper
Irregular Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
100% confirmed. Besides, to be honest there's no going back on a series like this.
Actually I was wondering if it's not going to be OVAs or movie for sure. So it's a 100% TV series?
Hyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 17:33   Link #48
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality_Breaker View Post
As good as this LN is, keep those illusions in check until after it airs, you don't want them to get broken before it starts do you. (TAMNI FTW!)

I'm seriously worried at how they are going to handle the massive info dump in this anime, they could do like Horizon and explain every single thing or like Index and explain the important parts in a way non LN readers can understand it. I'm also worried at how the fanbase is going to start shipping Tatsuya x Miyuki even though they're siblings, you know like the LN readers here do (I'm a Tats x Erika shipper by the way), but apart from those it's got the potential to be good and from the preview it looks like it is.
Don't worry about the info dump. I've conducted a little experiment where I took all the text of the first chapter of volume 1 and cut out all the useless narrative, descriptions, and monologue explaining the setting that could be explained through visuals or simply glossed over like

Quote:
It was the day of the school entrance ceremony, but it was still early morning, two hours before the start of the ceremony.
The freshmen whose hearts were filled with anticipation at the future their new life would bring, along with their even more exultant parents, still numbered few and far between.
Know what happened? Originally the text was 9535 words, but after I was through with it it was down to 2809 words. Note that I kept all the technical details relating to magic. The dialogue could further be cut in half and the technical details could be shortened like it was in the manga. Heck, I bet the the first episode could easily cover more than the first chapter.

There was also this genius who came up with the idea of elaborating on spells used at the end of every episode and I thought it would be a great idea to have chibi professor Tatsuya give an in-depth explanation on magic with chibi Miyuki.

Quote:
Actually I was wondering if it's not going to be OVAs or movie for sure. So it's a 100% TV series?
That's what an anime means and you can't turn a series like this into an OVA or a movie.

Last edited by blackwhite67; 2013-10-06 at 18:45.
Old 2013-10-06, 18:30   Link #49
Konja7

Quote:
Originally Posted by liro View Post
Just a few avatars of a plain guy and his brocon sister.

Thank you very much for these avatars.

Although Tatsuya does not look like a plain guy.
Konja7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 20:36   Link #50
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Why do you expect flames? I think most fans will be so starved for a conversion that they will easily forgive the required simplifications of the infodumps.

And I'd have been crying if they had NOT kept Hayamin for Miyuki.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
I just fear SAO redux where anime-only viewers keep complaining that things don't make sense and novel readers try to explain the stuff that's left out, then it becomes a big flame war and half the posts get deleted because they contain too many spoilers.

I already feel sorry for the mods.
Quote:
The manga did a good explanation for the info dumps. Its up to the director to make it more lively in explanation. The info dumps in manga use chibi form to explain and its cute and not out of place when the info was being shown.
Tatsuya flames will not be from the fans of course. Regarding info-dump, you can't please all sides. Thing is, I don't think there will be majority-minority sides in this, but major camps for each pair of opposites (ie. those for info-dump vs those for condensation; Tatsuya lovers and haters, etc. etc.).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark998 View Post
So main heroine is MC's sister and has ice-based powers? Guess I can't skip this for any reason.
More complicated than that. If you don't like complicated stuff, this might be something to avoid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Gaaahh I'm torn between whether Hayami or HanaKana may have made a better imouto..! I guess Hayami has a more mature vibe which fits better and her Ayase's 'Onii-san's were absolutely killer (half literally too, bonus points!), but I can't help feel Kana's heart-shattering moe appeal would have worked too...! hsgjghcv
EVen though Kana can do practically any role, Hayamin is the right one imo.

Quote:
Don't worry about the info dump. I've conducted a little experiment where I took all the text of the first chapter of volume 1 and cut out all the useless narrative, descriptions, and monologue explaining the setting that could be explained through visuals or simply glossed over like

Know what happened? Originally the text was 9535 words, but after I was through with it it was down to 2809 words. Note that I kept all the technical details relating to magic. The dialogue could further be cut in half and the technical details could be shortened like it was in the manga. Heck, I bet the the first episode could easily cover more than the first chapter.

There was also this genius who came up with the idea of elaborating on spells used at the end of every episode and I thought it would be a great idea to have chibi professor Tatsuya give an in-depth explanation on magic with chibi Miyuki.

That's what an anime means and you can't turn a series like this into an OVA or a movie.
Just a note, when it didn't have the info dump, it didn't win the Dengeki award (due to word limits on submission). That's why the author started writing this on the web.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 20:52   Link #51
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Finally! But first I'd like to ask, how much we do know about the anime project? Is it comfirm to be a TV series or just "probably"?
Very little has been said so far. Just that it's an "animation project", and who those few key staff/cast are. I would suspect that it'll be a two-cour TV anime... but they didn't say yet.
Old 2013-10-06, 22:51   Link #52
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Looks interesting.

In the interest of avoiding spoiler-related infractions and tempbans due to being too enthusiastic, I'm avoiding the light novels.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 23:00   Link #53
tsunade666

Quote:
the chances of it being broken is small. SAO did beat index when the anime airs and mahouka is already popular with only light novel as its initial medium then turn into manga and side story for miyuki.

I remember before mahouka boon that lare predicts that mahouka would be the next big thing and it did. I like mahouka more than sao story wise.

index is strong because it already has an establish fan base and cult for misaka.

I will wait for more on mahouka because it only gives few info and the studio that will do it but I hope it will turn out to be alright.

I remember kaminomi's 2nd season that has rumor to be turned into 2 season but the sales of 1st season isn't that good which ended up with only 1 cour (cut the other heroines) but at least it get a 3rd season consistently.

Chances that mahouka would get a split cour treatment?
Old 2013-10-07, 00:23   Link #54
Hyper
Irregular Hunter

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Very little has been said so far. Just that it's an "animation project", and who those few key staff/cast are. I would suspect that it'll be a two-cour TV anime... but they didn't say yet.
I very much agree that this should by all means be a TV series, but I had the same thought when Bungaku Shoujo became an anime, so I just want to check.

Anyway, a two-cour shoud do nicely. I'd be a bit sad if they just got one, because the story that can be covered would feel like it's only the introduction part.
Hyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 00:34   Link #55
Valky
Radioactive

I was expecting Sunrise, but well, can't be helped.

Let's just hope they didn't screw the story (they did "twist" some of their works, that's why I'm concerned) and fully bring Miyuki's cuteness (this one is a must).

Tsutomu-sensei and Dengeki should supervise this project carefully.
Old 2013-10-07, 11:28   Link #56
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Finally, the widely expected announcement of an adaptation after all those visual hints from the Accel World anime about a year ago.

I'm loving the manga version of the novels, so I have pretty good expectations from this.
Old 2013-10-08, 09:08   Link #57
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Ahhhhhh. I had been waiting for this in a long time. They finally hear my request! I really can't wait for this. I'm so excited!
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 15:30   Link #58
Domonkazu

woa Yuuchi Nakamura & Hayamin, nice cast, can't wait for more infos
Domonkazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 20:41   Link #59
Reality_Breaker

Quote:
the chances of it being broken is small. SAO did beat index when the anime airs and mahouka is already popular with only light novel as its initial medium then turn into manga and side story for miyuki.

I remember before mahouka boon that lare predicts that mahouka would be the next big thing and it did. I like mahouka more than sao story wise.

index is strong because it already has an establish fan base and cult for misaka.

I will wait for more on mahouka because it only gives few info and the studio that will do it but I hope it will turn out to be alright.

I remember kaminomi's 2nd season that has rumor to be turned into 2 season but the sales of 1st season isn't that good which ended up with only 1 cour (cut the other heroines) but at least it get a 3rd season consistently.

Chances that mahouka would get a split cour treatment?
Yeah, I don't like the fact that SAO has such a big fanbase (it's not even that good at least in my opinion) but that's all i'll say about it, don't wan to piss off any SAO fans here.

This anime if done well will find a fanbase, but the worrying part is the shipping wars that'll start up because of it (of course like I said i've already picked my side).
Old 2013-10-11, 03:50   Link #60
tsunade666

Quote:

This anime if done well will find a fanbase, but the worrying part is the shipping wars that'll start up because of it (of course like I said i've already picked my side).
Shipping wars?... I don't know. Mostly I don't care about the heroine as long as the story is interesting and the romance isn't blocking the story or plot but if romance is used to forward the story then its alright but if its also used for comedy its also alright as long as its not used all the time because I also got tired easily when something is overused

btw I ship for Mayumi!!!!

The thing that I will expect here in mahouka is they don't mess with the setting and the battles. I expect that they will cut in the info dumps because that's mostly took all the time in the novel but if they translate that into anime, it will be boring.

As long as Tatsuya is still badass I'm fine.

Tags
action, futuristic setting, hard fantasy, mahouka, scientific magic, supernatural