AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On! - Episode 12 [FINALE] Rating
Perfect 10 80 41.03%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 52 26.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 10.77%
7 out of 10 : Good 22 11.28%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 3.59%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 2.05%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.51%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 2.05%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 1.54%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.51%
Voters: 195. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-21, 02:39   Link #261
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

LOL there's prevalence of meta discussion in this thread. FTW?

Anyway, thank you jeffp. We need posts like that because discussion on the episode content seems to be lacking.
Old 2009-06-21, 03:06   Link #262
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
is it just me that, Ui with her hair down looks h@wt!
so much better than her usual pony-tail style?, but meh, thats what makes her look more mature than her older sister
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2009-06-21, 05:14   Link #263
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

Omg this series was amazing.
I hope it has a second season or at least an OVA..

I give it an 8. It was good, animation was good, music was brilliant, characters were amazing. and overall I enjoyed it.

Last edited by Miko Miko; 2009-06-21 at 06:24.
Old 2009-06-21, 05:27   Link #264
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Location: <clap> <clap> <clap> <clap> Deep in the Heart of Texas
They did get to Budokan. And within the time limit.
Old 2009-06-21, 06:19   Link #265
Principalities

Sawako's axe is wicked! Can't be sure but is it a Gibson Flying V?
Old 2009-06-21, 06:20   Link #266
kim8268

Well for me the Ending Of K-on almost make me want to rate it 3 on the opening but the last part almost move me to Tears
Well I ask you guys that think that they are successfull in their life now that they sometimes think that back then you think you will grow up doing nothing on your life and say something now like "Hey me from back then, you dont nid to worry, you will find something that you can do, something that you can set your heart on"
Well not much of you gone thru this part of life but maybe many did?

I never though that It would almost bring me to tears but the song fuwafuwa time sang by yui well that hit it very hard like she is saying I HAVE no regrets to sing and play this very moment because this is my budokan and nobody is going to take this moment away from me
every one things that kyo ani is lazy but I think they want it to be express that way
Well I think there will be a season 2 well I hoped
Old 2009-06-21, 07:15   Link #267
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by kim8268 View Post
Well for me the Ending Of K-on almost make me want to rate it 3 on the opening but the last part almost move me to Tears
Well I ask you guys that think that they are successfull in their life now that they sometimes think that back then you think you will grow up doing nothing on your life and say something now like "Hey me from back then, you dont nid to worry, you will find something that you can do, something that you can set your heart on"
Well not much of you gone thru this part of life but maybe many did?

I never though that It would almost bring me to tears but the song fuwafuwa time sang by yui well that hit it very hard like she is saying I HAVE no regrets to sing and play this very moment because this is my budokan and nobody is going to take this moment away from me
every one things that kyo ani is lazy but I think they want it to be express that way
Well I think there will be a season 2 well I hoped
They want to be thought of as lazy?

This gets me thinking again though, I always got the impression before the last few minutes of this episode (and still do) that Yui was always perfectly happy to be lazy and frollick around without a care in the world and it seems like this is the first and only time that's it's come up that Yui apparently fretted about not having anything to do while growing up. Where did this idea come from anyway, because the Yui I've seen in the previous episodes is just about the most happy go lucky character you are likely to find in an anime who will strum on her Gitah all day and flop around on the floor asking Ui for Ice Cream. If it was anyone that felt like they were even remotely worried about having something to do it was Ritsu and Mio in the first episode when they were setting up the K-On club and trying to make it work, but again that gave way to the cake eating and moe gags that dominated the majority of the series.

Maybe I'd have gotten a little more sentimental as well if I ever felt that Yui was really thinking about or working towards this goal of having a serious hobby something it seemed like Azusa was trying to worry about in wanting to belong to a K-On club that could take it's music more seriously, but the fact is that Yui never really took any of it seriously (forgetting to practice even), never monologued about it all before now, and just went with the flow of the moe gags for the previous 11+ episodes, so alas a goal that for all intents and purposes was brought up out of the blue and achieved within the span of the 5 minutes of the epsiode it took for her to get to the auditorium doesn't really do much for me.
Old 2009-06-21, 07:21   Link #268
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptGloval View Post
LOL there's prevalence of meta discussion in this thread. FTW?

Anyway, thank you jeffp. We need posts like that because discussion on the episode content seems to be lacking.

That was my complaint in the other thread. Negative posting takes over a thread causing people to defend the title instead of discussing the episode.
Old 2009-06-21, 07:33   Link #269
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Since Mio and Yui sang it's a 10 for me!

LALALALALALALALALA......not thinking ecchi thoughts REALLY!

ah...I wish I was a mic.
Old 2009-06-21, 07:43   Link #270
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

I'll do a more formal and longer review of the series as a whole later, and probably on my blog or in the series review thread.

Thoughts on the episode. I too was hoping for a new song to be played at the final concert. Basically anything that really showed off Mio's singing. My ideal song was Dont Say Lazy, and to be honest i really prefer that to Cagayake Girls. The thought of Yui changing through the experiences of the club was nice, but practically we never really saw a change in her.

As a series, it definitely didn't have the greatest writing, and some jokes, like the constant teasing of Mio and Asuna got very stale very quick. However overall for me it gains a lot of points on the entertainment factor. Never once did i feel like i was watching this because i had to or i wanted to catch up, it was just entertaining. So is it a masterpiece? no. But its not bad.
Old 2009-06-21, 08:08   Link #271
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I really like this scene.
Old 2009-06-21, 08:17   Link #272
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Aww it's over, the best series of the season .

The only thing I hoped we'd see in this episode, which we didn't, was that the girls would use those clothes from the ED. They look so hawt in them.. But noo, instead they used those lame looking clothes. ;<.
Old 2009-06-21, 08:20   Link #273
Jimmy C

A question, why is Ui's nickname for Azusa, Azusa #2? Does she have another friend named Azusa?
Old 2009-06-21, 08:32   Link #274
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
The only thing I hoped we'd see in this episode, which we didn't, was that the girls would use those clothes from the ED. They look so hawt in them.. But noo, instead they used those lame looking clothes. ;<.
It would have been nice to have seen them use those outfits in the actual show. Although that maybe be part of the problem. We watch the ending each time and think "It would be awesome if those outfits appeared in the show"

Kyo-Ani might be thinking that since the viewers can watch the ending every single episode, they don't see much point to having the said outfits and song appear during the actual show. As sad and unfair as that may sound.
Old 2009-06-21, 08:34   Link #275
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
A question, why is Ui's nickname for Azusa, Azusa #2? Does she have another friend named Azusa?
It's not, it's Azusa-chan, the standard girl-child appellation.
Yui's nickname for Azusa is Azu-nyan, like the sound a cat makes.

Azusa-oni could be used if she was someone's big brother.

You may have heard "Azusa ni" somewhere in a sentence with "ni" as a particle.

Last edited by drobertbaker; 2009-06-21 at 08:46.
Old 2009-06-21, 08:44   Link #276
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobertbaker View Post
It's not, it's Azusa-chan, the standard girl-child appellation.
Yui's nickname for Azusa is Azu-nyan, like the sound a cat makes.

You may have heard "Azusa ni" somewhere in a sentence with "ni" as a particle.

Azusa-oni could be used if she was someone's big brother.
He means the translation.

It is a fact than Ui got the nickname wrong. Azunyan is the normal nickname, while Ui said something like Azusa nigou (which also happens to be a song btw)
Old 2009-06-21, 09:01   Link #277
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Oh, I found the place now. It is Azusa-nigou, "Mistress Azusa". The subber took it as Azusa #2, as in 2nd, behind the wife. The song you mention must be the reference.

Poor Ui! So desperate!

Looking for this made me watch the episode again. It was really beautiful. How can these people be saying there was no character development in this series?

Yui started out an aimless pile of dojiko, with a vague feeling that she wanted to do something. Through many twists and turns, with lots of help from friends she makes along the way, she is able to realize and demonstrate her considerable latent talents.

She is finally loved and appreciated, gains her self-respect, and finds her "something" that she can care about, a place where she belongs.

They even recap it for you, with her running down the same path she did in the 1st episode, recalling the milestones and the differences time has made.

And the whole gang, coming from all their diverse places and motivations, learned to appreciate each other's strengths and weaknesses, and finally bonded together into a common unit. If that's not development, I don't know what is.

Compare it to slice-of-life, like Hidamari Sketch, where nothing ever changes.

I'm sure glad I wasn't here to listen to all the constant calling-down that I'm sure went on all through the series. Why do people have to do that? It would have driven me around the bend! And I wouldn't have stayed long.

If you don't like it, don't watch it. Are you driven to bring everybody else down? Sheesh!

p.s. Please don't start up again on my account.

Last edited by drobertbaker; 2009-06-21 at 10:39.
Old 2009-06-21, 10:11   Link #278
TheBigN
Piercing heavens with ~s
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheBigN Send a message via MSN to TheBigN Send a message via Yahoo to TheBigN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
This gets me thinking again though, I always got the impression before the last few minutes of this episode (and still do) that Yui was always perfectly happy to be lazy and frollick around without a care in the world and it seems like this is the first and only time that's it's come up that Yui apparently fretted about not having anything to do while growing up. Where did this idea come from anyway, because the Yui I've seen in the previous episodes is just about the most happy go lucky character you are likely to find in an anime who will strum on her Gitah all day and flop around on the floor asking Ui for Ice Cream.
I know at the beginning Yui was worrying about having to join a club because she felt like she had to do something extracurricular avoid becoming a NEET, or an outcast, or something like that. Granted, it's not worrying like "OMG this is serious" worrying, but it's still Yui wondering about what to do in her own way.

And we do see that she wasn't all to interested in the Keion club until she heard the (then) trio perform and see how much fun they were having. Sure, she remains how she is, but now she at least "belongs" to a group that she enjoys doing things with. And she does remark about how her habits made her more of a burden then she should be at the end.

Drastic My Anime Blog- My anime blog.
Old 2009-06-21, 10:21   Link #279
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobertbaker View Post

If you don't like it, don't watch it. Are you driven to bring everybody else down? Sheesh!
I'm not the one who's gonna counter, but that argument takes an awful lot of water so I suggest refrain from using it. If everyone who is critical of a series left the premises each time because everyone else told them to, it'll just become another one of those certain subboards which are filled with -tards of many kinds mainly because no one can say anything without invoking nerdrage.

Also, remember that the hype is annoying for a number of people, and K-ON was indeed overhyped, so, if you don't mind the hype, you'll just have to accept the other side, too. You know, as long as people don't say something utterly stupid, like "what a crappy episode, Karin was inside and then went outside, lame", it's generally ok.
Old 2009-06-21, 10:40   Link #280
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
That was my complaint in the other thread. Negative posting takes over a thread causing people to defend the title instead of discussing the episode.
And, talking in a general sense, there are "complaints" stemming from wrong comprehension. That's why content discussion is still important.

(Seems that I'm doing some meta-discussion of my own, so I'll stop now. Anyway, content discussion is back, yay!)
Closed Thread