AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2004-09-24, 15:58   Link #1
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Question Thread eviction policy

I'm curious as to how it is determined when/if a thread is evicted from the forum database. There is a thread that holds a special little place in my heart and I would be if I could never see it again. I know I can just shamelessly bump it up when it gets to the last page like it is now, but is there a way that I can retain it on a more permanent basis (like download that specific thread or something?). Thanks.
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-24, 16:50   Link #2
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
I'm curious as to how it is determined when/if a thread is evicted from the forum database. There is a thread that holds a special little place in my heart and I would be if I could never see it again. I know I can just shamelessly bump it up when it gets to the last page like it is now, but is there a way that I can retain it on a more permanent basis (like download that specific thread or something?). Thanks.
You misunderstand how the forums work. Threads are not "evicted" from the forums. The default setting when viewing the threads within a forum is one month, after that time the threads are no longer displayed when you browse the forum but it doesn't mean they are deleted, evicted, inaccessible or anything.

If you want to see that particular thread in the future, then you can by one of these methods.

* Bottom of the page (when browsing a forum) you will see "Display Options", select "Last 45 days", "Last 2 Months"... "Beginning" and then click "Show Threads".

* Search for the thread (searching thread titles is good for this)

* Note the thread ID (in this case threadID=9409) to allow you to obtain the URL
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=9409 (note the t=9409).

I'm sure there are many other ways to access the thread in question.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote