AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2015-02-23, 21:01   Link #56001
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

..Got time to check out Ichika's birthday... So, a storm swept through Honshu in 1959...
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-23, 21:27   Link #56002
demino_hellsin
That one guy

It wouldn't be too far-fetched to say that Tabane is none too happy when a genius who can possibly rival her is around would it?
Old 2015-02-23, 21:30   Link #56003
The 48th Ronin

Someone like Philip?
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-23, 21:42   Link #56004
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I was thinking more of Ran.

She's always been a smart and diligent girl since she was apparently a class rep, or student council president or something and she got into a top private school with honor roll grades and what have you. I think it's all so she could attend the school Ichika would have gone to had he not been carted off to ISA.

Driviaverse Ran has this intelligence multiplied exponentially. Unlike Tabane who figures things out from just a glance or just seems to know it, Ran would be the hardworking type of genius. She's a regular girl through most of the early series but since she has above average intelligence compared to everyone in the JCIC, she becomes Krim's de facto lab assistant and Drive's main mechanic much like Rinna is in the KR series. Krim would come to realize that Ran's understanding of the core Drivia's physics and how the gravity surge works along with physics and all related subjects is growing at an outstanding rate. More than because of his teachings, Ran is teaching herself and would eclipse his own knowledge in a year or two granted she apply herself in the same intensity as she does.

When Tabane comes to the realization that Ichika's mechanic is not Krim but someone else, she becomes angry. Despite perfecting her own IS technology in secret, she has been trying to breakdown the Core Drivias as well but has had no luck other than getting its parameters and post production effects. She has little to no idea of its base principles or the process that it undergoes to operate on which seem to be worlds away from her IS core. And yet a mere highschooler has cracked the code, despite being under the tutelage of the one that made the core Drivia, Drive fights with no sign of equipment maintenance being handled by an amateur. Tabane would become, for the first time in her life, afraid of someone else's potential.
Old 2015-02-23, 22:32   Link #56005
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Ah, the 'Uncle' thing I mentioned with Lingyin was just in the 1st manga - it was in the prequel. Still, it's as good of an explanation as any about her military contacts and still keeping her father as a chef. No military that I know of would allow an active, high-ranking officer to leave the country with their family so he can be a cook.
Old 2015-02-23, 22:35   Link #56006
demino_hellsin
That one guy

as far as I know, Japan uses Uncle or oji-san as a general catch all term when referring to older dudes by younger peeps. Kinda like how slightly elder women are refered to as onee-san despite not actualy being big sisters to the one calling them. It would just mean Miss.
Old 2015-02-23, 22:48   Link #56007
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

That works if their relationship is close enough to warrant it. Only little kids are allowed to call grown-ups 'oji-san' or 'oba-san' as they please - it's cute. If they're old enough to understand the difference, then it may or may not be cute anymore.
Anyway, I still think that was suppose to be an actual uncle and not just the 'catch-all' phrase. Besides, she punched and dented the wall right by his head while saying that... cute n psycho indeed. Oh well, use if it fits with what you want.
Old 2015-02-23, 23:17   Link #56008
demino_hellsin
That one guy

It's also a delinquent way of calling an elder. And I would think at that point, Rin is channeling her inner sukeban very very well.
Old 2015-02-23, 23:27   Link #56009
The 48th Ronin

Hey demino, can you describe Driviaverse Proto-Drive, personality-wise?

On another note, I imagine Driviaverse Ichika to be a good singer.
Old 2015-02-24, 00:52   Link #56010
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Drivia-verse Proto-Drive is basically the half of Proto-Zero that was dominant during the time spent with Chifuyu. This is the half that took on a masculine form and personality so it's technically a he. Proto-Drive is stoic by nature due to being a machine. Though having emotions and sentience, those things don't come naturally to him so he tends to be awkward and to some extent shy as he tries to reconcile his logic and those emotions. He loves Chifuyu. To what depth he himself doesn't know but she is very important to him and he wants to be important to her. His top priority is to make Chifuyu happy and last he remembered; protecting humans was what made Chifuyu happy.

Proto-Drive doesn't talk. He almost never speaks unless it is necessary as with providing information, correcting misinformation or being directly addressed. Not needing any basic human need, he maintains a lifestyle of vigilantism never transforming out of his Proto-Drive form. Human interaction is where his emotions get the better of him. Since he has only ever spent prolonged periods of time with Chifuyu since self-awareness, Proto-Drive is irrationally skittish when it comes to interacting with other humans.
Old 2015-02-24, 02:52   Link #56011
The 48th Ronin

It might be good if Proto-Drive spend some time with Ichika to learn to become human. Definitely creates heartwarming (and sometimes comedic) moments.
Old 2015-02-24, 03:02   Link #56012
demino_hellsin
That one guy

If only that could be the case right?
Old 2015-02-24, 04:50   Link #56013
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
So how would it not make sense if it's not surprising?
- Madoka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer
..Got time to check out Ichika's birthday... So, a storm swept through Honshu in 1959...
- Why do I get the funny feeling A Certain Uncreative Light Novel Writer is going to make a bad joke about that eventually...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin
It's also a delinquent way of calling an elder. And I would think at that point, Rin is channeling her inner sukeban very very well.
- Dan: "NOT MY FAULT!!!"
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-24, 09:16   Link #56014
coco6561

What would be Kanzashi 's style of fighting? Does she have any other weapons besides the missiles?
coco6561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-24, 14:41   Link #56015
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- Believably? Maybe he got promoted to head chef of the General Chiefs of Staff and managed to get a position there? You'd probabyl have to be a high-ranking trusted military officer to be trusted to cook for the heads of the Communist Party.
When was it ever mentioned that he was an officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
*shrug* the important one isn't Rin's father. It's Rin herself. More so than Cecilia, Rin has the skill to be considered the best. Girl could keep up with a high speed unit like Silverio gospel in frontline combat using the second or third slowest unit of the group. If anything, it's because Rin is that damn good at being an IS pilot that her father would get a high position in the army. China seems exactly like the kind of place that would conscript any and all females into a giant elimination tournament just to see who is the best to be cadet rep.

I never thought about it THAT way. Suddenly, having "General Huang" as the class rep for ISA 1-2 makes a lot more sense besides "She's got an IWIN button".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Orange View Post
Beats me. Probably a commissar in a military district.

But then again, I know jackshit about Soviet-style military system.
*thinking*

Frankly though, knowing China, it is more likely that Mr Huang is already an officer of the PLA. This would allow him to place his daughter IN the IS candidacy pool in the first place, as getting ahead in the Red Land really depends on guanxi a lot.

Perhaps, the even greater irony, is that Rin's mother was part of the Japanese Self Defence Force, or even the fabled Intelligence Agency? Depending on how you want to spin it, she can either be a bitch that would use any means in order to steal intel (how... cliche), or a dutiful Yamato Nadeshiko that had to give up her personal happiness for the greater good, putting on a cold front when IS came and split the family.

There is SO MUCH POTENTIAL for the latter.

*thinking some more*

During one of Rin's Lives, she stumbles upon a face she never thought she'd see again. Even after giving chase, she only manages another glimpse at the ghost of her past.

But what began as a quest for answers then quickly devolves into an all-out pursuit across the globe. Rin has to enlist the help of Ichika, her classmates and an old uncle as everyone becomes embroiled in the sudden implosion of the JIA that leaves a power vacuum in the middle of the most IS-armed nation state.

For already, the US is reeling from the loss of SHIELD, having shocked the world that the best defense against Phantom Task had been completely infiltrated by the latter. The PLA is reacting, conveniently holding the biggest multicenter IS Sports Meet in China, just north of the Korean Peninsula, Hong Kong, and in Taiwan, with a familiar name at the helm. The President of ASEAN declares the first Open Mobilization of DART reserves since the 2nd Great War. And thus the world's greatest navy lines up against the largest army ever built.

As that old uncle seeks to secure an asset within Tokyo that holds the key to containing the disaster, he soon realizes that they all have the same goal.

With one little complication:

"So we just have march into Tiannan, kidnap the general, and bring him to the Ghost of Yamato. HOW HARD CAN IT BE?!"

*epic bass horn, Chinese traditional music*

Rin draws her IS' saber, slices off the front of a charging SUV, spirals into the air narrowly dodge TOW missiles fired her way while materializing the rest of her armor, then landing in Iron Arhat fighting stance, saber split into two.

*crash of cymbals, Japanese instruments*

The white Vandam I Normal darts through a narrow allyway in Hong Kong as a massive spider-like Golem clamours overhead, launching torrents of rockets down at the nimble frame. At the last moment, Karon vaunts around an incoming rocket bound for a mired fuel truck below, throws her tower shield on to her back, then rides the blast upwards, HK rifle blaring at full auto.

*a warring chorus of tunes from across the divide*

Ichika ejects his outer hull then thrusts Yukihira amidst the flying parts, slowing, halting then finally reversing them into the blade. Metal crumpling into metal, the hulk crushes flat, leaving a lightened IS with a blade of pure singularity.

*another bass horn, then nothing but a howling wind*

Rin, in her normal ISA uniform except dusty and stained, bursts out from the fog before coming to a stop, panting mists in the frigid cold. The camera pans to a woman in a long jacket trudging away in the snow. Rin's mouth moves to scream, but nothing is heard over the gale. Still, the tousles of the lady in white turn...

Idol Stratos: SHOOTiNG ST@R
[SANGOKUSHI]

MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-24, 17:33   Link #56016
lovetospoon73

we need an male IS pilot, that can be able to pilot different types of IS units so easily, thus making him unpredictable
lovetospoon73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-24, 20:01   Link #56017
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

I would heavily advise against that, looking at the current fanbase as it is. Then again, this is coming from a guy who has a male OC using a non-IS machine that is eventually able to step up against an IS in the later arcs :P
Old 2015-02-24, 21:17   Link #56018
lovetospoon73

Question

here r some ?'s that r on my mind:
if IS was design for space exploration, why do they suddenly start equipping weapons on to them?
why only female can pilot IS and why have kids pilot them?
what is P.T (phantom task) purpose on stealing IS units & there main plans?
Do you guys think that the reason ichika's parents abandoned him & his sister could be related to him being able to pilot an IS?
lovetospoon73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-24, 22:13   Link #56019
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

You'd be surprised by how deep some of us a delving into those questions. Myself in particular.
Old 2015-02-24, 22:16   Link #56020
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetospoon73 View Post
we need an male IS pilot, that can be able to pilot different types of IS units so easily, thus making him unpredictable
Unfortunately, the only IS units that would allow that are training machines that have their evolution stunted. Unless he has access to multiple units at once (which is crazy in of itself), he can't go and pick up someone else's IS.

Quote:
here r some ?'s that r on my mind:
if IS was design for space exploration, why do they suddenly start equipping weapons on to them?
That's cuz.... Tabane Shinomono. That and humans love to attach weapons onto anything.
Quote:
why only female can pilot IS and why have kids pilot them?
The girls are being trained but any woman who's had the training can pilot them. As for why kids ... refer to the 'Rules of Anime' when you have a chance.
Quote:
what is P.T (phantom task) purpose on stealing IS units & there main plans?
Probably the same as Akatsuki - peace by controlling the latest and greatest IS units. Or they want war. In other words, we don't know.
Quote:
Do you guys think that the reason ichika's parents abandoned him & his sister could be related to him being able to pilot an IS?
Who's to say that Ichika had 'parents' to begin with? That is a 'mystery' that we don't see being solved any time soon.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest