AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2014-02-28, 13:00   Link #41
Breimoon

didnt jiraya lose an arm? so he could recover the lost arm of even a little bit of his blood that is pretty much everywhere would be fine.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-28, 14:40   Link #42
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
what really doesn't make sense though is why orochimaru wouldn't have already collected a sample of jiraiya's dna while he was alive. it should have been in orochi/kabuto's dna sample bank already
I can see two reasons
1) Orochimaru felt that there was nothing to be gained from Jiraiya. Jiraiya was a screw-up, and the Naruto of that group, and there really wasn't anything Orochimaru felt that could be gained from Jiraiiya's cells

2) Orochimaru still values his friendship and rivalry with Jiraiya, and would not disgrace the respect he has for him in such a manner. It seems completely outside his character, until you think back to how much he's like Sasuke. We've seen a couple times where Orochimaru could have easily taken Jiraiya out, but didn't. That shows a bond that's a bit stronger than his desires.

To believe the second option though, you have to realize that his bond with Hiruzen was not quite the same, and Hiruzen represented the entirety of the Leaf. Orochimaru despised the Leaf, and Hiruzen was the face of the Leaf. His hate in this case overwrote his love for his old teacher, as his focus was more on destroying what his former teacher stood for more than destroying the man himself.
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-28, 19:08   Link #43
Cookie-Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchan13 View Post
I can see two reasons
1) Orochimaru felt that there was nothing to be gained from Jiraiya. Jiraiya was a screw-up, and the Naruto of that group, and there really wasn't anything Orochimaru felt that could be gained from Jiraiiya's cells

2) Orochimaru still values his friendship and rivalry with Jiraiya, and would not disgrace the respect he has for him in such a manner. It seems completely outside his character, until you think back to how much he's like Sasuke. We've seen a couple times where Orochimaru could have easily taken Jiraiya out, but didn't. That shows a bond that's a bit stronger than his desires.

To believe the second option though, you have to realize that his bond with Hiruzen was not quite the same, and Hiruzen represented the entirety of the Leaf. Orochimaru despised the Leaf, and Hiruzen was the face of the Leaf. His hate in this case overwrote his love for his old teacher, as his focus was more on destroying what his former teacher stood for more than destroying the man himself.
I've never quite understood that, and I'm not sure if it was adequately explained (unless theres some long past chapters I missed). I never quite got why Orochimaru hated the leaf so much. There seemed to be no particular reason why he would want to destroy konoha. Hes not like sasuke who has personal family reasons for hating the leaf. Orochimaru grew up in the leaf and even fought for them during the ninja wars.

And "those meanies are interfering with my experiments" is not a good enough explanation.

The current fillers might give an explanation (but those are fillers and not really canon) - Namely that Orochimaru didn't really hate the leaf or sarutobi. He just wanted to kill sarutobi because danzo was planning to have Orochimaru take over as hokage, and sarutobi was resisting their attempts to have any of danzo's people as hokage.

Then again how could orochimaru possibly be allowed to become hokage after he kills the current kage.
Cookie-Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-28, 20:34   Link #44
nacer666

Naruto has bits of 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 and maybe remnants of yang kurama.Obito will give him the 1 and 8 bits and the gedo mazo arm cut by kakashi which didn't leave his body and that's why he is still alive.Naruto will use the biju bits to take the originals from madara and the mazo arm to take the whole statue and become complete so6p.
nacer666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-28, 21:12   Link #45
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchan13 View Post
I can see two reasons

yea those are both possible. I'd discount the first one though since they used ninjas like asuma and some others who were clearly below jiraiya in terms of skill. the 2nd option is more likely. i think orochimaru does cherish his former team a little bit. thats why he was so put off by hiruzen not choosing him for hokage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie-Monster View Post
I never quite got why Orochimaru hated the leaf so much. There seemed to be no particular reason why he would want to destroy konoha. Hes not like sasuke who has personal family reasons for hating the leaf. Orochimaru grew up in the leaf and even fought for them during the ninja wars.
the reason given in part 1 was because hiruzen chose minato over orochimaru as his successor. it's for vengeance much like the So6P's older son being passed over. but apparently now he is over it. or as i am hoping, he's just lying until it's the ideal time for him to strike again
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-28, 22:37   Link #46
Cookie-Monster

Quote:
yea those are both possible. I'd discount the first one though since they used ninjas like asuma and some others who were clearly below jiraiya in terms of skill. the 2nd option is more likely. i think orochimaru does cherish his former team a little bit. thats why he was so put off by hiruzen not choosing him for hokage

the reason given in part 1 was because hiruzen chose minato over orochimaru as his successor. it's for vengeance much like the So6P's older son being passed over. but apparently now he is over it. or as i am hoping, he's just lying until it's the ideal time for him to strike again
Hmmm thats a strange reason. Orochimaru never really struck me as the kind who cared about titles. Nor is he like danzo who wants to protect konoha (through evil ways). Maybe if he thought he could have more free reign to experiment more freely and diabolically if he was hokage.
Cookie-Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-01, 00:53   Link #47
Midnight Commander

Quote:
I actually hope he is over it. It would look pretty pathetic (at least to me) if after all this time, Oro is still hell-bent on destroying the village after Pein has already done so with such ease(at least physically), and even lower-tier characters like Deidara had at least the potential to also do so with but a single technique. I'd like to see Orochimaru actually pursue his true goal (by malicious means of course, to make things interesting) for a change, instead of getting caught up in other petty business just to serve the plot.

Quote:
Hmmm thats a strange reason. Orochimaru never really struck me as the kind who cared about titles. Nor is he like danzo who wants to protect konoha (through evil ways). Maybe if he thought he could have more free reign to experiment more freely and diabolically if he was hokage.
Power was undoubtedly a major motivating factor. However, after his defect from the leaf, Orochimaru formed his own hidden village and was unrestricted from conducting his nefarious experiments as he pleased. Despite him freely experimenting and his main goal of mastering all jutsu and learning the "truth of this world", he desired to crush the leaf --a petty endeavor by comparison tbh.

That being said, I think we can posit that Oro held resentment in his heart towards Hiruzen for being passed over, not just for the title per se, but because he felt he deserved that honor as the star pupil. Its true he doesn't seem to care much about the honor of being Kage(indeed, he's even mocked the title on occasion), yet I think he may have felt so mostly after he realized he could never attain the position. It was stated in the manga that after learning he couldn't be hokage, Oro felt he had no reason to remain in Konoha. For all Oro's moral decadence, he did grow up in Konoha and fought in wars for it, so I'm convinced there is some lingering sentiment there, if only for his late master and former team members.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-01, 10:39   Link #48
itachi-san314

yea. in order for him to feel satisfaction from killing hiruzen and destroying the leaf he must have some sentimentality in the first place or he just wouldn't have cared enough to do it.

i don't hope orochimaru turns his back on only konoha. i hope he turns his back on all of the ninja and tries to attain rinnegan and sage power at some point, which would be for his lifelong goal of mastering all justu. if hiruzen's ET is still around at that point then they will assuredly fight again. that's just the way kishi designs things (sai happens to meet shin, konkuro happens upon sasori, asuma and team 10, obito and kakashi, madara and hashirama, etc...)
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-02, 06:58   Link #49
alviam099

Quote:
Personally I enjoyed this chapter quite a bit.

When i read that he stole the ichibi and hachibi, I was hoping one of those bijuu pieces was for Bee. But I don't think Bee could have surived this long without Sakura-Heart-Massage (™)

Maybe someone from his village has been keeping him alive.

I still want to know who the mystery person is. (it better not be kabuto, thats another guy who annoys me as much as obito)
You shouldn't forget that B has Samehada, he's pretty much immortal now(?).

alviam099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-02, 07:14   Link #50
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Dayum, Another plot twist!
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-02, 21:12   Link #51
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alviam099 View Post
You shouldn't forget that B has Samehada, he's pretty much immortal now(?).
the eight tails specifically severed a tentacle before he was snatched up into the statue...i think thats whats likely keeping B alive.
Old 2014-03-02, 21:45   Link #52
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I've realized something dumb. Team 7 completely abandoned Sasuke. I know the dude had problems with them but he returned to aid against the Jubi. Now he is nearly dying. He is alone at his worst moment. Wasn't Team 7's objective retrieving the guy?
Old 2014-03-03, 05:37   Link #53
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
I've realized something dumb. Team 7 completely abandoned Sasuke. I know the dude had problems with them but he returned to aid against the Jubi. Now he is nearly dying. He is alone at his worst moment. Wasn't Team 7's objective retrieving the guy?
How did Team 7 abandon Sasuke when he's dying, and so is Naruto? Sakura may not even know Sasuke's condition, and Kakashi may not know as well. Even if either of them did, they have the more important matter of saving Naruto, as they see him as the only hope for victory. Even IF Sakura and Kakashi know Sasuke's condition, they have to make a choice between him and Naruto.

Unfortunately, Naruto wins out in this case, because 1) The manga is called Naruto, 2) Naruto is the Jinchuriki of the Kyuubi 3) Naruto is seen as the only hope the ninja world has of surviving, and 4) Sasuke has his own entourage looking after him to rescue him
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 08:58   Link #54
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Because no one was near him when it happened? Other than Naruto who's you know, dying, there's no sensory types in the team.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion