AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2021-01-17, 11:46   Link #21
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
This was a good start to the fight. And a lot of potential chaos when you have Big Mom and Kaido vs Luffy, Law, Kid, Zoro, and Killer.

A lot of fun there to be sure. Should be fun to watch the ups and downs of this battle.
Old 2021-01-17, 20:18   Link #22
Wandering Soul

This is shaping up to be a fun fight. That panel of the trio essentially playing chicken with a fireball killed me.
Old 2021-01-18, 01:30   Link #23
P_Dezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
Yea, since Law was a Warlord at the time, I don't think he had to state his intentions to anyone. That arc, he asked Luffy to help him take down Kaidou.

Thinking about Punk Hazard, it's crazy how OP Law was in that arc. I assume it is some kind of resting Haki with powerful people, because Law could just switch Kaidou and Big Mom's personalities (although it would be wiser to switch them into kids or old people if possible since they're basically the same level of monster lol). But he obviously can't do stuff like that to this level of an opponent.
he was a warlord but wasn't aligned with Doffy or Kaido or so we thought. he just popped up in that factory, and it's the reason they sent Vergo there to put him in his place and to stop him from causing problems. Coincidentally Luffy showed up and Law asked for his help
P_Dezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-20, 14:23   Link #24
necrolyte

Almost everything about this chapter is awesome but the selling point is definitely the chicken game
I don't even remember when was the last time I liked so much an One Piece chapter and I laughed my arse here. I really hope that Oda will stick to the fight for at least another 2 or 3 chapters!
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-21, 15:58   Link #25
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Brilliant chapter
I wonder who between the 3 might become yonkou to replace Big Mom and Kaidou after this battle
Except if something happened to Shanks that leave his positiion to vacant.
We can also forget about Eleven Supernova after this.. only 3 of them that emerged to the next level
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-22, 08:53   Link #26
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^ Should both Kaido and Big Mom fall in Wano, I don't think the Yonkou system will exist anymore. The story is set up to wipe the slate clean with a new era.
Old 2021-01-22, 11:32   Link #27
marvelB

^Well, in case the Yonkou system does still exist after Kaidou and Big Mom's downfall, Law and Kid will have pretty much swiped their seats by default. I mean, Luffy's already been deemed the "fifth" emperor thanks to Morgans' influence, but those "lesser" titles don't mean much (if anything) at all to him, in the long run. All that matters to him (and rightfully so) is becoming the next Pirate King.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-23, 08:16   Link #28
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^Well, in case the Yonkou system does still exist after Kaidou and Big Mom's downfall, Law and Kid will have pretty much swiped their seats by default. I mean, Luffy's already been deemed the "fifth" emperor thanks to Morgans' influence, but those "lesser" titles don't mean much (if anything) at all to him, in the long run. All that matters to him (and rightfully so) is becoming the next Pirate King.
Yep, Pirate King is all that matters. I personally don't care who fights over the crumbs afterward.
Old 2021-01-23, 12:50   Link #29
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I don't think Law and Kid have the strength, notoriety and influence to become an emperor. But yes, Luffy was never interested in anything less than pirate king.

The balance of power has already shifted with the abolition of the shichibukai. Should two emperors fall (and we know they will), the disruption to this balance will be too big and then all hell breaks loose. And even if that wasn't enough for whatever reason, there's the inevitable confrontation between Shanks and Blackbeard to consider. The yonkou system cannot sustain itself, imo.
Old 2021-01-23, 19:56   Link #30
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I don't think Law and Kid have the strength, notoriety and influence to become an emperor. But yes, Luffy was never interested in anything less than pirate king.

The balance of power has already shifted with the abolition of the shichibukai. Should two emperors fall (and we know they will), the disruption to this balance will be too big and then all hell breaks loose. And even if that wasn't enough for whatever reason, there's the inevitable confrontation between Shanks and Blackbeard to consider. The yonkou system cannot sustain itself, imo.
Well, Yonko's strength is based on power, and Shichibukai was made to contain them.
IIRC, Shichibukai's members are constantly changed by the government while Yonko is only changed based on the shift of power. Also, I don't think this battle is over yet since we might be able to see a detachment of Marines under the Vegapunk command to test out a new technology that abolishes the Shichibukai system.

This battle or war is like a perfect design to test it out on the field.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-23, 20:42   Link #31
Itsmepatrick

There's also some possibility that the Cp0 will meddle in this since they have some deals in Wano. Hope at least one or two Captains of Luffy's Grandfleet will join this war to help for possible joining of the Big Mom Pirates (Smoothie and the others).
Itsmepatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-24, 17:54   Link #32
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Luffy and the rest don't know that Kaido plans to drop Onigashima on the capital right? I am wondering if Law will have to leave the fight to evacuate the people in the capital, unless that will be the tragedy in the act.
Old 2021-01-24, 18:58   Link #33
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Luffy and the rest don't know that Kaido plans to drop Onigashima on the capital right? I am wondering if Law will have to leave the fight to evacuate the people in the capital, unless that will be the tragedy in the act.
It's just the same thing as Doflamingo and the birdcage. They will defeat him before Onigashima reaches a populated area.
Old 2021-01-24, 22:19   Link #34
Itsmepatrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It's just the same thing as Doflamingo and the birdcage. They will defeat him before Onigashima reaches a populated area.
I dont think it's possible for them to defeat Kaido before the island crashes to the Capital. At the end of the Kaido's a Yonko unlike Doflamingo who's only a Shichibukai the degree of danger and power Kaido possess is incomparable to the likes of Doflamingo who's at most YC 3 in strength. There's also the fact that Big Mom is also there so that adds difficulty for them to defeat Kaido. So far Luffy's the only one who can damage Kaido. I bet the island will be partially destroyed due to the aftermaths of their fight and if anything Law's ability will be pivotal in saving the Flower Capital. Or there's the possibility of the Flower Capital being destroyed but the people living there will be able to flee before the island crashes to the Flower Capital.

I bet the aftermath of the war will be more disastrous than the one in Dressrosa since the scale of the war is bigger than the one in Dressrosa. So far we don't know what tragedy will happen at the end of act 3 so anything can happen.
Itsmepatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-25, 16:39   Link #35
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsmepatrick View Post
I dont think it's possible for them to defeat Kaido before the island crashes to the Capital. At the end of the Kaido's a Yonko unlike Doflamingo who's only a Shichibukai the degree of danger and power Kaido possess is incomparable to the likes of Doflamingo who's at most YC 3 in strength. There's also the fact that Big Mom is also there so that adds difficulty for them to defeat Kaido. So far Luffy's the only one who can damage Kaido. I bet the island will be partially destroyed due to the aftermaths of their fight and if anything Law's ability will be pivotal in saving the Flower Capital. Or there's the possibility of the Flower Capital being destroyed but the people living there will be able to flee before the island crashes to the Flower Capital.

I bet the aftermath of the war will be more disastrous than the one in Dressrosa since the scale of the war is bigger than the one in Dressrosa. So far we don't know what tragedy will happen at the end of act 3 so anything can happen.
Yeah, their battle strength are now not sufficient enough to defeat Kaidou and Big Mom. Kaidou will definitely land Onigashima on the capital, but the price is he may will be weakened to the point where the next battle can be a deciding fate.

Oh, considering we haven't see how long Luffy can last in fight, I would love to know how long he can withstand a drag-out fight. Ace can hold vs Jinbe for 5 days straight, I wonder about Luffy though.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-29, 13:20   Link #36
necrolyte

^Ace's power level was really weird if you ask me. He couldn't use haki even a little but was mentioned to be really strong which by itself sounds controversial.
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote