AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2022-06-16, 14:26   Link #21
Gerard07

I keep complaining about the change in Luffy's photo (in G5 they will take time to recognize him and his classic Straw Hat does not appear), and I would also have liked Law to appear with his full name (Trafalgar. D Water Law), anyway, how things will turn out.
Ask; Is there a chapter left before the 1 month break or not?.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-16, 14:51   Link #22
rladls2121

Buggy has not shown his Haki yet. Out of all the Four Emperors, i did not see his.
But who knows it's just the drawings. Maybe he has Haki similar to Luffy, drawings now are not just noticeable yet. Like in the war in Marineford where Buggy and his new men survive that event.

Like Mihawk said, Luffy's special power is something like gather lot of allies. Something tells me Buggy is in a similar case. Makes me wonder if Buggy's Devil Fruit is somehow special too. He may have some talent of being a King. What makes him dangerous is his whole faction as well.

Maybe being a Pirate King means one does not have to be the strongest. It is literally King of all pirates after all, not being a strongest man, strongest life form, or strongest rubber man after all.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-16, 16:11   Link #23
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Well, at least now we’ll have something to keep us entertained during the month break, figuring out how Buggy keeps getting away with having all these titles being given to him unexpectedly. I wonder who did Eiichiro use as inspiration for Aramaki’s design?
Old 2022-06-16, 18:08   Link #24
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
On to the bounties, I don't think it's so strange that the three captains all have the same price on their heads. At the end of the day, Law and Kid took down an emperor with awakened abilities as well, even if they had to work together to do so. And even in Kaidou's case, we can't say it was entirely a solo effort from Luffy since so many opponents took on the King of Beasts before Luffy's fruit awakened (Scabbards, several supernovas, Yamato, etc.). So yeah, all three being the worth the same makes sense to me. Of course, the highlight for me is Buggy's promotion to emperor status (with awesome new bounty poster to boot), but of course, this is merely another stepping stone towards the clown's ascension to godhood. I still really want to see what his price is, though.... it'll be so awesome if his head is worth even more than Shanks!
It makes no sense for their bounties to be the same because Luffy is recognized as a full-fledged Emperor, and thus higher on the threat scale. I'm sure you know it, but bounties aren't measures of one's power level. They work only as indicators.
Old 2022-06-16, 19:01   Link #25
rladls2121

The Five Old Men does not want people find out about Luffy's out of the ordinary traits. So they want to treat Luffy as any other famous pirates lined up with Law and Kidd.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-16, 21:16   Link #26
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Buggy getting the other Emperor position made my day ��. I mean in this day and age it’s completely appropriate for a con man to attain one of the most powerful positions in world, so why not see it in this OP world lol. And Ryokugyu’s ability is crazy! Looks like a fire user or poison user would be his natural enemy…
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-17, 09:36   Link #27
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Huh, I didnt expect an Admiral to seek Akainu's approval. Unlike the others it seems Aramaki isnt mature yet to have his own convictions.
Old 2022-06-17, 11:35   Link #28
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I thought they will get a decent admiral like Issho but seems like Akainu recruited another crazy guy with nasty power
I hope we won't get any plot twist like Ryokugyu kills someone and ruin the party
This arc is finished for me so please no more tense battle
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-17, 11:57   Link #29
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Is it just me or has anyone also noticed that Oda may use Vice Admiral Maynard as a reference for Ryokugyu's appearance?

For those who don't know Maynard, he's a Vice-Admiral that was one of Doflamingo's victims.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-17, 12:52   Link #30
Jmariofan7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
Huh, I didnt expect an Admiral to seek Akainu's approval. Unlike the others it seems Aramaki isnt mature yet to have his own convictions.
Or maybe he does, they are just BAD, which is why he likes Sakazuki so much, because they are both the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
I thought they will get a decent admiral like Issho but seems like Akainu recruited another crazy guy with nasty power
I hope we won't get any plot twist like Ryokugyu kills someone and ruin the party
This arc is finished for me so please no more tense battle
You do realize this arc is being done in a Kabuki Play style, which has FIVE acts, we are still only on act 3. There is also the fact that Pluton is hidden here.
Jmariofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-17, 14:36   Link #31
necrolyte

Another good chapter and even better when you think about when was the last time we saw a banquet chapter.
About the bonties, I don't really mind Luffy having the same bounty as Law and Kid, imo they all deserve it with everything they've been through. And now that I mentioned Kid, I really like how Luffy always breaks his plans without even noticing I really like how they interact so what would you say: Kid for new nakama??, no, eh whatever.

On another note, kudos for the guys who guessed Buggy being the new emperor. I honestly don't like this joke as it went too far in my opinion but its not like I wasn't expecting it to happen, after people mentioned it last week.
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-17, 15:01   Link #32
Gerard07

Seen the chapter, in the end the elders wanted to hide "Nika" and that Luffy is a "D" but it didn't work for them (that CP0 agent is somewhat suspicious), about the rewards I thought that Luffy's would be something higher than him of Kid and Law but hey, Robin (who is missing the banquet) met Sukiyaki (hopefully they explain to him what happened to him) and about the "Pluton" weapon I thought he was in Alabasta (and that it was somehow related to Vivi) but he is in Wano, about Buggy as Yonkou I hope Oda gives a good explanation and the new Admiral comes to interrupt the banquet, to wait (1 month) for more answers.
Old 2022-06-18, 02:42   Link #33
The Small One

I think it's interessting, that we have an admiral, who (as it looks) is able to grow plants as he wishes, coming to a country, which is deserted after years of industrial exploatition and really needs some reforestation… how convenient.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-18, 18:27   Link #34
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I think it's interessting, that we have an admiral, who (as it looks) is able to grow plants as he wishes, coming to a country, which is deserted after years of industrial exploatition and really needs some reforestation… how convenient.
Luffy beats up a rookie admiral, as his first move as an emperor, who takes to atoning by helping wano regain it greenery. Sounds like a one piece thing lol
Old 2022-06-19, 15:11   Link #35
Gerard07

My prediction; the new Admiral will try to capture the pirates and use the bodies of Kaido and Big Mon (alive or dead) to restore part of Wano, there will be a small arc on how to find the weapon "Pluton" and what happens outside of Wano will be revealed. (with Sabo, Vivi, Hanconk, Buggy, etc).
Old 2022-06-22, 07:55   Link #36
Blackbeard D. Kuma

There will probably only be a brief clash at best with Ryokugyu and the alliance. Although he's powerful in his own right and has requested a battleship for backup, that's not enough to topple the opposition here.

I am looking forward to learning about what's happened in the outside world. This could be the moment where we find out what's going on with Sabo.
Old 2022-06-22, 15:47   Link #37
Rainbowman

Checked the wiki article for the next chapter and unfortunately it says the release date is July 25. And just when we thought we could get at least one more chapter in wrapping up the Wano arc before Oda’s month long break. At any rate here are my predictions for after the break and into the final saga:

Yamato becoming Strawhat member 11.
Usopp attempting to use his pop greens against Ryokugyu.
Our heroes go to a random island where a 12th member joins.
Dr. Vegapunk is introduced and explains everything about Devil Fruits.
An orange colored admiral will appear either to step in for Fujitora or possibly be revealed as a blood father to a certain navigator.
The true intentions of Blackbeard, Monkey D. Dragon, and “Emperor” Imu.
The war bigger than Marineford.
The treasure One Piece being the most colorful treasure of all.
Our heroes triumphant and having a bright future with some of them having families.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-01, 17:02   Link #38
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Since the break started, I've spent most of my free time re-reading One Piece, and I came across something very interesting when I got up to Enies Loby: when Kaku and Kalifa were given their DFs, Spandam said they weren't in the encyclopedia and he therefore had no idea what they were, and Lucci said Kaku and Kalifa would learn the name of their fruits and their powers as soon as they eat them.

You see where I'm going with this. Why did Luffy think his fruit was named gomu gomu if all DF users instinctively know the name of their fruits?
Old 2022-07-02, 02:10   Link #39
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Since the break started, I've spent most of my free time re-reading One Piece, and I came across something very interesting when I got up to Enies Loby: when Kaku and Kalifa were given their DFs, Spandam said they weren't in the encyclopedia and he therefore had no idea what they were, and Lucci said Kaku and Kalifa would learn the name of their fruits and their powers as soon as they eat them.

You see where I'm going with this. Why did Luffy think his fruit was named gomu gomu if all DF users instinctively know the name of their fruits?
I guess that's what they call a retcon.

On the other hand it doesn't really make sense in the first place, to magically know the powers and name just by eating the fruit. Even more with the name, since names are just man-made and can change.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-02, 17:10   Link #40
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I guess that's what they call a retcon.

On the other hand it doesn't really make sense in the first place, to magically know the powers and name just by eating the fruit. Even more with the name, since names are just man-made and can change.
I don't think it's far-fetched that fruits that give superhuman powers after one bite can convey their names and their abilities to those who eat them. I don't think we were ever told DF names were given by people.

In fact, after all this time, DFs are still shrouded in mystery. We have no clue where they come from. They could be something existing naturally in this world or they would have been created by the ancient Kingdom the .Ds are from. I'd say they're the second biggest mystery after the One Piece.