AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

View Poll Results: Angel Beats! - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 35 22.58%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 58 37.42%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 34 21.94%
7 out of 10 : Good 19 12.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 3.23%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.29%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.29%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-17, 10:18   Link #61
Wrath88
Kissing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudonhym View Post
Definitely the best episode yet. It definitely gets better and better. Key definitely ran to their best weapon in this episode.... Music.
I hope it won't be like what we saw this episode 'Going into Alchemy this early?!'

The thing is, Yuri said they were stupid, but I doubt 'Christ' wouldn't have realized what it means too. She must have placed a gag order on him.
Old 2010-04-17, 10:26   Link #62
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post

So true, think already found anime with best soundtrack this year in most cases too.
No offense, but saying the OST is the best of the season is overstatement I think >_>
Yeah its maybe the matter of taste, but I personnaly disappointed on this departement. The music sometime just can't help the mood or make the pace seems enjoyable. Take the example on Iwasawa flashback from this episode, its just feels empty... and can't help deliver good chara development parts for Iwasawa.

And not to mention the insert song not that great either...

But in the end Music is subjective topic indeed...
Old 2010-04-17, 10:32   Link #63
klare

the supposed NPC students going against the angel is a bit weird, are they programmed to be like that?

this eps has another flash back and another concert

i wonder will it become a style that every eps will have one flash back and one person disappeared/erased?
Old 2010-04-17, 10:45   Link #64
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
the supposed NPC students going against the angel is a bit weird, are they programmed to be like that?
I'm starting to think the NPC thing is total bullshit on Yuri's part. Or probably just ignorance. So far, they seem like normal students that simply decided to obey the "rules", whatever they are.
Old 2010-04-17, 10:52   Link #65
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

does anyone catch the castle in the sky and howl's moving castle references
Old 2010-04-17, 10:55   Link #66
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
does anyone catch the castle in the sky and howl's moving castle references
You'd have to be blind not to be able to notice them.
Old 2010-04-17, 11:29   Link #67
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWing View Post
Yurippe was a single bad event, that a bit of therapy could get over
A bit of therapy? Deep-seated psychological traumas take years to deal with. Maybe not so much in fiction-land but I still think you're gravely underestimating the complexity of human psychology here.

Well anyway, I really liked this episode. The comedy is gold as always (seriously loled at the pi thing) and the plot is already starting to throw doubt over the SSS members heads about whether or not they're doing the right thing. I thought a good couple of episodes would pass before that happened, but it looks at if Jun Maeda wants no bullshit this time round and wants to go straight to buisness. I'm inclined to believe Iwasawa's disappearance was a good thing, though what triggered it is still a mystery to me.

Oh and:
Spoiler for space:

Last edited by Haak; 2010-04-17 at 12:32.
Old 2010-04-17, 11:38   Link #68
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
A bit of therapy? Deep-seated psychological traumas take years to deal with. Maybe not so much in fiction-land but I still think you're gravely underestimating the complexity of human psychology here.

Well anyway, I really liked this episode. The comedy is gold as always (seriously loled at the pi thing) and the plot is already starting to throw doubt over the SSS members heads about whether or not they're doing the right thing. I thought a good couple of episodes would pass before that happened. I'm inclined to believe Iwasawa's disappearance was a good thing, though what triggered it is still a mystery to me.

Oh and:
Spoiler for space:
It's actually emblazoned over the entire vending machine.
Old 2010-04-17, 11:40   Link #69
RedWing

People have gotten over much, much worse.
Old 2010-04-17, 11:49   Link #70
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Even so, not everyone is the same. It may be difficult for some and easy for others depending on their background. It's just too much of a generalisation.
Old 2010-04-17, 12:03   Link #71
Dr. Casey

Quote:
what

How much worse can you get than "All my younger siblings were brutally murdered on the same day"?
Old 2010-04-17, 12:09   Link #72
Hilo Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. Casey View Post
what

how much worse can you get than "all my younger siblings were brutally murdered on the same day"?

"Because I wasn't fast enough/didn't know where the money was hidden"
Old 2010-04-17, 12:18   Link #73
Ashaman

In the space of thirty minutes while I was supposed to be looking after them.
Old 2010-04-17, 12:18   Link #74
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
Personally, I find the coma theory unlikely since it requires them all to be somehow connected somehow.

Anyway, know for some thoughts and speculation about this episode.

First off, Iwasawa's memories and everybody's past lives. It seems that Iwasawa didn't have a happy life either, and the way she talks about it, it's seems likely that everybody there had a craptastic life. Which offers an insight as to the real reason they're fighting. As the guy notes, 'it's not that they're afraid of reincarnating as something bad, it's more that they're protesting the unfairness of life.' In other words, something like a grudge/anger against the god who allowed this all to happen.

Next, Iwasawa's disappearance. Going back to my previous point, if the reason they are in that world is due to their anger, perhaps the loss of that anger takes them out. Or in another way, everybody their is asking themselves something like 'For what reason was I born? Why did I suffer through all that?' The seemingly lack of a reason is the source of their anger. But once they find an answer, they're at peace and can 'move on', so to speak.

Lastly, about their discovery about Tenshi. The very first thought that ran through my mind was 'if her powers come the through the same methods as theirs, then doesn't that mean she was originally a human too?' The actions of Tenshi and the NPC's were interesting as well, as they don't seem like simple automatons programmed to act in a certain manner. I wasn't expecting Tenshi's 'this almost makes me look like the villain' because it shows that she is capable of self-thought and not just a type of emotionless terminator machine. Yuri's comment that 'if that means there is no god... then this would be the worst case scenario' is interesting. I suppose it's because due to the harshness of their lives, they want to believe that there was at least some reason they suffered, and they want to find out what that reason is. If there was no god, then that would mean that the pain they went through was literally 'meaningless'.
Thank you for the explanation. I was just wondering why the singer disappeared.

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

Old 2010-04-17, 12:25   Link #75
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntron View Post
Well thought out, especially the memory loss = artificial person thing. I was thinking it means he is the Angel, not Tenshi. Send by god to sort this mess out, but without memory so he cant spill all of god's secrets if he gets corrupted by the powers of short skirts. *g*

But i'll join the "no one is dead" theory. They can go back to their former lifes. If they accept that life isn't a pony farm.
I'm in "they are dead"camp.

Iwasawa died in the hospital and passed on only to help those with her song in Purgatory and not in the world she came from. She accomplished what she wanted to do with her music and moved onto the next life. Just because you die in one world, doesn't mean you can't help those caught in between.

This could be Tenshi's dilemma. She stayed on to help others pass onto the next life sacrificing her chance for a better new life. I think that she's really a student like the others who became self-aware and choose to help others in the system instead of fighting the system by providing a safe structured environment for them to heal in.

Last edited by orion; 2010-04-17 at 12:35.
Old 2010-04-17, 12:29   Link #76
Hilo Hello

So! Another theory on endings, from me:

Tenshi will move on when she learns that one cannot force others to be happy.

Yuri will move on when she stops being so dang angry.

Otonashi is a mole. A mole who wants to understand why they're rebelling.
Old 2010-04-17, 12:32   Link #77
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilo Hello View Post
So! Another theory on endings, from me:

Tenshi will move on when she learns that one cannot force others to be happy.

Tenshi's not forcing anyone to be happy. She's enforcing the school rules. Live concerts are suppose to be approved.
Old 2010-04-17, 12:33   Link #78
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
this was a good episode but my favourite character is now gone, Iwasawa

In the ending it looks like Iwasawa is gone. I'm guessing as people disappear they will also disappear in the ending leaving Yuri all alone in the end.

Iwasawa is gone and this other invisible girl is gone also but the 4 eyes dude got inserted into the ending.
Old 2010-04-17, 12:36   Link #79
K3cT
Arcadia of My Youth

Send a message via MSN to K3cT
Just when I thought the series was going to recover from the awkward premiere with the 2nd episode, the third episode slapped me hard in the face. It's like the writer and director have no idea about what story they want to tell the audience so there is a gaping disconnect in the plot.

And writer who did the burglar backstory should be shot in the head. It didn't even make sense!
Old 2010-04-17, 12:38   Link #80
Hilo Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Tenshi's not forcing anyone to be happy. She's enforcing the school rules. Live concerts are suppose to be approved.
Well, yeah. But then she's all like, "Why are they mad?" And it's not like they're hurting anyone. I mean, besides her.

Which also ties into another theory. She's decided to try and help people move on by making them conform.
Closed Thread