Spoiler for 292:
Spoiler:
Old 2010-06-13, 14:03   Link #5623
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Spoiler:
He already has a true demon girl in progress of joining his harem. Don't need a human whos being turned into one cause of there swordsmanship to join the harem.
Old 2010-06-13, 16:43   Link #5624
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merctrin View Post
Spoiler for 292:
Spoiler for 292:
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 16:54   Link #5625
Iromaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merctrin View Post
Spoiler for 292:
This is actually a major problem I have with Negima right now. Negi became too strong, too fast. He overshadowed everyone in his team. All fights except Negi vs Fate will most likely be weak and boring knowing that if it was Negi who fought in them enemy would get easily owned. Bad move Akamatsu, really bad move.

I really hope Tsukuyomi will give Negi big problems in the next chapter. With that all future battles with Fate's allies will become far more interesting and important.
Iromaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 17:13   Link #5626
Kitsu
The unlucky one

I don't like this at all. Negi is too strong and well as the lead I can accept this but you can't just make the lead strong and let everyoneelse at the same levle. Especially when you have people who never have done anything else but fighting in their life, like Kaede and Setsuna. Both are experienced fightes who don't have much progress while Negi gets over the top strong.
Also I would be quite dissappointed if Negi now beats Tsukuyomi which wil in the end will just be a written down sign "Hey, audience look! Negi is now really strong! He can beat everyone and is ready for the final fight" A lackluster after all the build up for the Tsukuyomi/Setsuna fight.
Maybe I'm just too much of a Setsuna fan. Tsukuyomi getting beaten by him and Setsuna later having a fight with him will erase any exictment for the Tsukuyomi/Setsuna fight. "Who cares, when Negi is done fighting Fate he will just finish her. She ain't any threat"
It will make Setsuna who has a lot of experience and devote herself to her sword weak. The same feeling I got for Kotaro during the tournament.
I hope Akamatsu won't go this road and will let Setsuna take over next chapter or that Negi gets a little beating, his smile is rather annoying.
Old 2010-06-13, 18:11   Link #5627
AlphaDragoon

The thing is, we pretty much know Fate could kick the living crap out of any of his harem, Tsukuyomi included. When he stopped simply messing around with her he could have beheaded her in a single stroke.

If Negi is going to be ready to fight Fate...by the fault he has to be able to easily manhandle any of Fate's harem. Tsukuyomi is part of Fate's harem and thus Negi should be much stronger than her.

If he's not, then he's not ready to fight Fate. At all. If they want to have a Setsuna/Tsukuyomi rematch they could easily have Setsuna pull a "let me have this one, I owe her" before Negi proceeds to push Tsukuyomi's smug face in, and Negi lets her fight. He's still implied to be superior and thus ready to fight with Fate and Setsuna loving folks still get their rematch.

Oh, and for the folks going "Setsuna/Kaede should be stronger right now because they devoted their lives to combat"...it isn't really up for debate.

Negi is already more powerful than they are. That ship sailed long ago with the words "Magia Erebea".

Last edited by AlphaDragoon; 2010-06-13 at 18:22.
Old 2010-06-13, 18:22   Link #5628
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDragoon View Post

If Negi is going to be ready to fight Fate...by the fault he has to be able to easily manhandle any of Fate's harem. Tsukuyomi is part of Fate's harem and thus Negi should be much stronger than her.
Negi vs Tsukuyomi
Negi: SPRINGFIELD HAREM GENE
Tsukuyomi: .......I love you Negi

Fate: Dammit one gone
Old 2010-06-13, 18:39   Link #5629
DKN117

...Hey, I just thought of something. When was the last time we saw Negi actually act his age - like a kid - rather than a hyper-competent, serious Wise Beyond His Years type? Wasn't it way back during the Mahora Festival?
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 19:47   Link #5630
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN117 View Post
...Hey, I just thought of something. When was the last time we saw Negi actually act his age - like a kid - rather than a hyper-competent, serious Wise Beyond His Years type? Wasn't it way back during the Mahora Festival?
It was when he was with Anya. Other wise like everyone else said he acts like an English Gentleman.

People need to stop saying Negi is to strong. Hes called a genius for a reason, plus hes the son of the strongest mage who took down the Mage of the Begining. He has his Harem and his Strength hax genes from Nagi. Setsuna and the others are all strong also. for instance one of his harem has like a magic nuclear wepon in space...one can total heal...one can cancel magic...one can read minds...one has a super stick that extends lol. They all play there parts and Negi needs all of them without them we know Negi would have already been long dead.

Im betting Setsuna is gonna vs tsukuyomi anyways, since thats the natural pairing Negi vs Fate
Setsuna vs Tsukuyomi
etc etc
Old 2010-06-13, 20:29   Link #5631
Iromaru

Quote:
The thing is, we pretty much know Fate could kick the living crap out of any of his harem, Tsukuyomi included. When he stopped simply messing around with her he could have beheaded her in a single stroke.

Except it's not true. The whole point of chapter 290 was to show that Tsukuyomi is actually far stronger that we were led to believe. Yes Fate showed that he's more powerful overall, but she could have beheaded him in that moment of weakness if she was serious. And he attacked her from behind when she was walking away with eyes closed believing that their fight is already over. She is obviously far stronger than Fate's fangirls. And she's not a part of his harem. She acted more like his mother/big sister in ch290.

Also don't forget Dynamis and that little boy/girl from the gateport. Fate may be the leader and is likely the most powerful averrancus now, but the gap is not that big at all.

I hope we will get a good battle with Tsukuyomi next chapter. I will be REALLY disappointed if we don't. Her current body may be just a shikigami.
Iromaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 20:43   Link #5632
AlphaDragoon

That isn't how I saw it. I saw Tsukuyomi show that she is stronger than we were led to believe...only for Fate to pull a standard shounen strength feat of his own, firmly asserting that HE is the big dog in the yard and not Tsukuyomi...and she knew it, after that.
Old 2010-06-13, 21:29   Link #5633
chaosprophet

I think having Negi taking care of Tsukoyomi now is probably cause Setsuna should be need in the fight agaisnt Dynamis... he can be as powerful as Fate, there may be need Setsuna, Kaede and maybe even Mana together to defeat him.
Old 2010-06-13, 21:53   Link #5634
Merctrin
Immi

Quote:
Spoiler for 292:
Spoiler for 292 still:
Merctrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 22:32   Link #5635
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

chill out guys, sure Negi is prob stronger than Tsuyukomi by now but beating her easily wont be happening even if its her...remember she is a Shinmeiryu swordswoman like Setsuna, and we all know that the Shinmeiryu arts is the natural enemy of people like Negi now that he is pretty much half-demonish, we all saw how Kurt broke his defenses like nothing, she could do pretty much the same

However I doubt Negi will fight her now, im pretty sure someone else will fight her instead, of course...after Negi makes sure she is away from everyone else
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 23:03   Link #5636
AlphaDragoon

Yeah...the "power of Shinmeiryuu" didn't work out so well for Setsuna when Negi was kicking her and Kaede's butts all over the island.

But since Tsukuyomi is WAY better than Setsuna I expect a better showing.
Old 2010-06-13, 23:34   Link #5637
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Yeah...the "power of Shinmeiryuu" didn't work out so well for Setsuna when Negi was kicking her and Kaede's butts all over the island.

I wouldnt say she is WAY better, she did take advantage of Setsuna's "softer" side but if she can concentrate fully on her im sure their skills are on par
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 23:36   Link #5638
aldw

Quote:

Negi being a genius, it wouldn't surprise me to see him shock Tsukuyomi in more ways than one.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 23:48   Link #5639
ZeKeR
Superbad

wait... negi isnt using any weapons besides ranged magic, reinforcement spells for his body and support magic is he?
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-14, 00:05   Link #5640
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
wait... negi isnt using any weapons besides ranged magic, reinforcement spells for his body and support magic is he?
Well I doubt you could call Magia Erebea a simple reinforcement spell, since it basically changes Negi into a high level spirit, which is something completely different then reinforcement magic.

Also Negi was still using his staff as a weapon ... but since he learned Magia Erebea he doesn't use it anymore ... so apart from that you are probably correct ZeKeR and I doubt Negi has anything else in his arsenal of spells apart from ranged magic, Magia Erebea , reinforcement magic for his body and delayed spells ... which are probably considered as support magic.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy