AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-08-05, 20:10   Link #2581
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
While the manga can't be called a masterpiece, it is still better than SAO manga art, the shoujo style is only beaten by a certain HnA doujin I saw somewhere.
I can at least somewhat take the manga, unlike SAO where any dramatic scenes are killed by big eyes.
Shoujo my !rse. To call a manga's art shoujo style is actually a great compliment, since shoujo style manga are artistically beautiful, even though they are not my thing. This thing on the other hand, looked like a doujinshu--pretty amateurish to me.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2012-08-05 at 21:26.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 21:36   Link #2582
fazri
blacksun king

wow the speed of translation totally awesome i hope vol 4 and vol 6 will finished soon and the translator-sama will working other vol.
amen.
Old 2012-08-05, 23:03   Link #2583
kazzuya13

Did godou ever used the Golden sword as a killing blow as far as I know
Athena = [White stallion] and longius(Borrowed from Erica)
Voban = [Goat]
Verethragna = [White Stallion]
Perseus = [Camel]
Kusanagi sword = [Boar]
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 23:13   Link #2584
ZeKeR
Superbad

Susanoo or was it the kusanagi's form got curbstomped by the boar... DAFUQ.
Old 2012-08-05, 23:19   Link #2585
Yye1
Wide Right

this series is slowly turning into something like the Holy Grail War, with heros, gods and magical weapons. too bad the fate series does it much better, though campione is still enjoyable

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 23:39   Link #2586
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazri View Post
wow the speed of translation totally awesome i hope vol 4 and vol 6 will finished soon and the translator-sama will working other vol.
amen.
Flor said that s/he will have school soon, so expect V6 completed before 4...though honestly, it wouldn't take that long I guess.
Old 2012-08-06, 02:19   Link #2587
SimplyBill
King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
this series is slowly turning into something like the Holy Grail War, with heros, gods and magical weapons. too bad the fate series does it much better, though campione is still enjoyable
I don't get what you mean...
SimplyBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 04:46   Link #2588
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

@Yye1, I don't know how you get the conclusion that the 2 serie are similar, in campione there no Heroes, just gods, no Holy Grail War, just battle against gods, no Magical Weapons, just the authorise of the god. yup nothing like the fate series.

In fact how did you come to the conclusion ?

*edit
Man vol 4 and vol 6 is like battling it out on who would finish translating 1st. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 05:02   Link #2589
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
@Yye1, I don't know how you get the conclusion that the 2 serie are similar, in campione there no Heroes, just gods, no Holy Grail War, just battle against gods, no Magical Weapons, just the authorise of the god. yup nothing like the fate series.

In fact how did you come to the conclusion ?

*edit
Man vol 4 and vol 6 is like battling it out on who would finish translating 1st. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
There were heroes. Perseus, Siegfried, Lancelot and King Arthur are all heroes, yet they are also considered gods in this series--the author just retcon their back-stories and said they were something else entirely.
Spoiler for a number of things from a wide number of future volumes:
Old 2012-08-06, 05:12   Link #2590
zzhk
Summary Machine

I wouldn't call it retconning, it's just a setting where any legendary being has the potential to be summoned to earth as a Heretic God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Seems like the boar is mainly used for comedy scenes

About Vol. 6, why is the Black Prince called Alec? The short form of Alexander should be Alex?
The Boar has the most distinct personality for sure, out of all the summons.

The name Alec is derived from Alexander after all. So it's valid at least, just not the most natural and common short form. And I believe when approximated in Japanese, the spelling of Alec is shorter than Alex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
It's not a race, you know, the more translators the better.
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 05:17   Link #2591
bludvein

It's not a retcon. A "god" in this series is merely a myth given form, so mythical heroes are fair game too. Plus its true that their stories sometimes inspired the creation of gods in other countries, which would reinforce the whole image.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 05:17   Link #2592
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
I wouldn't call it retconning, it's just a setting where any legendary being has the potential to be summoned to earth as a Heretic God.

The Boar has the most distinct personality for sure, out of all the summons.

The name Alec is derived from Alexander after all. So it's valid at least, just not the most natural and common short form. And I believe when approximated in Japanese, the spelling of Alec is shorter than Alex.

Alex and Alec are interchangeable. Back when I was in Secondary College, there's an Alexander called Alec. Other than that, Alec is the Scottish form of Alex, and it's well known that in some languages Alexander is known as Aleksander.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
It's not a retcon. A "god" in this series is merely a myth given form, so mythical heroes are fair game too. Plus its true that their stories sometimes inspired the creation of gods in other countries, which would reinforce the whole image.
It is retconning. By saying that their stories were false, which they did every time they retcon things in D.C., the author is already retconning by altering the established facts. In which tale did you hear that Siegfried, King Arthur and Lancelot were gods?The author specifically, whenever he chose a hero as a god in this series, actually alter their tales to link them to an existing god or somehow establish that they were gods all along--something which wasn't actually acknowledge by authors. I am just saying that since these characters are heroes, not gods in the real world, then yes, heroes are also featured in this series.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2012-08-06 at 05:40.
Old 2012-08-06, 05:35   Link #2593
bludvein

......I never said they were gods, just that the original stories inspired myths in other countries that featured a similar character as a god. In this series, that's enough of a connection.

Even if that wasn't the case, just plain old mythical heroes have a chance of becoming a [Heretic God] anyway. "Gods" in this series are not actually divine. They are myths given form by the earth when they try to escape the constraints imposed on them by their stories.

That doesn't really make sense but its in the rules.
Old 2012-08-06, 05:42   Link #2594
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

ah...mikos always seem to get possessed by swords in this LN
Old 2012-08-06, 05:47   Link #2595
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
......I never said they were gods, just that the original stories inspired myths in other countries that featured a similar character as a god. In this series, that's enough of a connection.

Even if that wasn't the case, just plain old mythical heroes have a chance of becoming a [Heretic God] anyway. "Gods" in this series are not actually divine. They are myths given form by the earth when they try to escape the constraints imposed on them by their stories.

That doesn't really make sense but its in the rules.
There's two points I want to clarify: we are discussing whether the author retconned the background of 'gods' in this series and whether Siegfried and co. are heroes or not.

The author retconned the character of Lancelot for example, by stating that
Spoiler for volume ten:
The author didn't try to say that they were gods simply because they were myths given a form. Most of the time, he does try to depict that some heroes in myth were in fact gods in disguise. Also, since these characters (Lancelot and co.) are heroes in this world, then yes, heroes are found in this series. There's nothing to debate about.
Old 2012-08-06, 05:52   Link #2596
zzhk
Summary Machine

Technically, a retcon only occurs when the established authority (the original author, or publisher in cases like comics where writers can be replaced) make retroactive changes. Since there is no surviving authority on ancient myths, the author of Campione is simply doing what every written record of oral traditions has done -- adapt, consolidate and interpret existing myths.

I suppose you can label it poorly written fanfiction if you have a problem with it
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 05:56   Link #2597
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Technically, a retcon only occurs when the established authority (the original author, or publisher in cases like comics where writers can be replaced) make retroactive changes. Since there is no surviving authority on ancient myths, the author of Campione is simply doing what every written record of oral traditions has done -- adapt, consolidate and interpret existing myths.

I suppose you can label it poorly written fanfiction if you have a problem with it
I was being figurative. About surviving authority on ancient myths, that would be the oldest surviving source we can trace, even though it may have been altered-- as least that is what's agreed by most people.
Old 2012-08-06, 06:17   Link #2598
bludvein

Lancelot and Guinevere were exceptions though.
Spoiler for ...:

Anyways, how can you retcon something like a myth? There are so many variations of the same story that change the details that its impossible to sort out the original. The author's interpretation at least shows his homework.
Old 2012-08-06, 06:23   Link #2599
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Lancelot and Guinevere were exceptions though.
Spoiler for ...:
They are in the real world, and the author altered it in his story, specifically stating that the original tale was fabricated.

Quote:
Anyways, how can you retcon something like a myth? There are so many variations of the same story that change the details that its impossible to sort out the original. The author's interpretation at least shows his homework.
There alternate tales which are considered as canon, but other than those that cannot be proven as false, the rest which are clearly added later are considered 'retconning'.
Old 2012-08-06, 06:30   Link #2600
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Quote:
I know, I know it not a race but the speed is really amazing.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem