AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-15, 22:02   Link #3701
Tbolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikix View Post
One, Issei's children probably all will be devil/dragons or dragons, with another type possible depending on the mother (devil/dragon/fallen angel for example). I think that it is pretty emphasized that Issei is a dragon, before the fact that he is a devil. It may just be my feeling though.
If we will consider the devil nature being a "template", then it would make the most sense. Besides, it's how it is counted in reality. A son of a russian/british parent with a full swedish parent would be quarter russian, quarter british and half swedish. There's no reason to believe otherwise for the novel, unless stated otherwise.
At this point, I don't think that Irina can give birth to an angel child...Having blood of a devil, it would probably be born as a fallen angel on the spot.

Two, there is no reason to believe that Issei could have a non-humanoid dragon form. There is a huge difference between him and normal dragons. They are born as humongous lizards and some of them gain the ability to shapeshift into humanoids. Issei was born as humanoid from the beginning (or rather...reborn, since his original body doesn't matter). Issei doesn't have enough demonic power/magical ability to shapeshift into anything new, so he can only make the dragonic traits surface.
Right now he can't even reverse that, let alone completely change form into something vastly different.
Since Irina has been talking with heaven about the possibility of having a child with Ise, so we know there looking into it so saying she cant is not a correct statement.

Ise is a devil just like old man Tannin is.

So far we don't know if he can change into a full Dragon form that's true, but we do know that he can change his arms to Dragon arms and legs when ever he wants which was shown when the wizards attacked the school.

Quote:
I……then concentrated my thought to my right arm. Aura gathers to my right fist. No, this isn’t a punch which has aura concentrated in it.

My right arm thickens, and it shows itself while ripping apart my jersey.

―My right arm that has dragonified.

With my newly tuned body, it is now possible to have a part of my body turn into that of a Dragon depending on how much thought I put into it.

Dragonification turns my mind into battle-mode, and I don’t want to use it much as possible because my body gets dull after its use…… But I’m in a situation like this. Since I’m in the situation where I can’t use my Sacred Gear, this is the only option I have!

And also by dragonifying, that part of my body also gets enhanced! I can’t dragonify my whole body, but I have learned how to make one part of my body like my arms and legs transform!

I made a stance with my dragonified right arm, I took a step to my right, and went hitting towards the magician who is standing there.

The opponent activates a defense magic-circle in front of him―

BREAK!

―But it gets destroyed with my strike while making a hopeless sound.

Yeah! I can do it with this arm!

I used the momentum to follow through and hit the magician squarely in the face!

“Guwaa!”
But you are right in that Rias or Akeno sill have to scatter the Dragon Aura to make things go back to normal.

But it shows that Ise can call upon that ability when ever he wants and that tends to make me believe that in the future he will be able to go full on Dragon.

Last edited by Tbolt; 2014-03-16 at 00:13.
Old 2014-03-16, 00:22   Link #3702
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
But it shows that Ise can call upon that ability when ever he wants and that tends to make me believe that in the future he will be able to go full on Dragon.
Maybe, but it might stop just at Ise being capable of freely changing and reversing his body parts, like Crom Cruach does in his human form.

It pretty much depends on the specifics of Ise's current body that Ophis and Great Red have created for Ise and since it has been mentioned in volume 12 that parts of his current body are the same as a human's body ...

Quote:
[Appearance, shape, and certain parts are the same as that of a human. You can continue your life normally like before. But since the evil-pieces are missing from your body, you can say that you are a humanoid Dragon. Even though there was help from Ophis, you received your flesh from Great Red. You can say that you are a small True-Dragon.]
... which, to me ... decreases the chances of Ise receiving a full dragon form.

But, we will see how it goes, when / if Ishibumi gives us some more details about Ise's current body physical capabilities.
Old 2014-03-16, 01:05   Link #3703
Tbolt

@Chris38, What there talking about is what Kiriyuu can judge the size of on a guy.
Old 2014-03-16, 01:31   Link #3704
aw454wtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by saw2097 View Post
If we want to think of future upgrades we should probably check those shows that the author gets some of his inspiration from, for instance he got the mini dragons from a show that's name I think was Gundam Wing or something like that.

Another thing I would like to bring up is that when in the Juggarnaut Drive state Ise could create dragon claws and swords from the jewels on his armor.

Maybe that's a hidden ability of the Red Dragon Emperor.
Then we should look to bleach, the author has already taken a lot from bleach

Sacred gear = zanpaktou
balance breaker = bankai
Juggernaut drive = hollowfication
Power of destruction = black getsuga tenshou
dragon shot = cero

Ise having, devil powers,sacred gear power and dragon powers = Ichigo who has
soul reaper,hollow and quincy powers (minus ise's perversion)

Both Ise and Ichigo got one of their powers given by the female lead (rias for ise and rukia for ichigo)
Old 2014-03-16, 07:13   Link #3705
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Originally Posted by aw454wtr View Post
Then we should look to bleach, the author has already taken a lot from bleach

Sacred gear = zanpaktou
balance breaker = bankai
Juggernaut drive = hollowfication
Power of destruction = black getsuga tenshou
dragon shot = cero

Ise having, devil powers,sacred gear power and dragon powers = Ichigo who has
soul reaper,hollow and quincy powers (minus ise's perversion)

Both Ise and Ichigo got one of their powers given by the female lead (rias for ise and rukia for ichigo)
Uhm plz no bleach reference our ln is still different from bleach if I'm right

If indeed kiryu was reincarnated it will be funny if she created a move similar but different to issei

Now I'm curious in the rating game in the future how will create rating games angel vs fallen angel vs devil vs other race in the future.

Well uhm I will just speculate what if the top angel, fallen angel, devil and other race will compete, likely the champion of all race that will fun to see on how it will play out

Edit: for Norse side I will speculate the king will the Valkyrie itself and her piece are the spirit of death heroes/reincarnated heroes just like Valkyrie profile that wil be fun. The amount of the pieces can be used is depending of the agreement of all myth
Old 2014-03-16, 07:27   Link #3706
kikix

Quote:
Since Irina has been talking with heaven about the possibility of having a child with Ise, so we know there looking into it so saying she cant is not a correct statement.
I didn't say that she can't have a child with Issei.
I'm saying that if his devil genes will be passed down, that child will probably fall as soon as he will be born.

Quote:
Ise is a devil just like old man Tannin is.
I never said that Issei is not a devil. Quite the opposite actually. I just said that, like with Tannin as well actually, it seems to me to be emphasized that he is a dragon before the fact that he is a devil.

Quote:
So far we don't know if he can change into a full Dragon form that's true(...)
Yet again, you are responding to something I never said.
I never rejected the idea of Issei changing into a fully dragonified form. I only said that he most likely does not have a full, giant lizard dragon form. If he will turn into a full dragon form, he will still be a humanoid. He will basically look like he did in Juggernaut Drive. A humanoid with dragon scales, teeth and claws and such.
Old 2014-03-16, 07:34   Link #3707
aw454wtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
Uhm plz no bleach reference our ln is still different from bleach if I'm right

If indeed kiryu was reincarnated it will be funny if she created a move similar but different to issei

Now I'm curious in the rating game in the future how will create rating games angel vs fallen angel vs devil vs other race in the future.

Well uhm I will just speculate what if the top angel, fallen angel, devil and other race will compete, likely the champion of all race that will fun to see on how it will play out

Edit: for Norse side I will speculate the king will the Valkyrie itself and her piece are the spirit of death heroes/reincarnated heroes just like Valkyrie profile that wil be fun. The amount of the pieces can be used is depending of the agreement of all myth
afterword from vol 2, even the author admitted cpoying some parts of bleach

"Sacred Gears, just like the evolution ability like “Boosted Gear Gift”, also has a super power form when you use it to the limit and master it called “Balance Breaker”. This is possible for all the Sacred Gears. Asia and Kiba are also able to do it if they master it. It’s similar to “Super Saiyan” and “Bankai”."
Old 2014-03-16, 07:41   Link #3708
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
afterword from vol 2, even the author admitted cpoying some parts of bleach

"Sacred Gears, just like the evolution ability like “Boosted Gear Gift”, also has a super power form when you use it to the limit and master it called “Balance Breaker”. This is possible for all the Sacred Gears. Asia and Kiba are also able to do it if they master it. It’s similar to “Super Saiyan” and “Bankai”."
I know I know though lets stop at this part I not want to cause a commotion

I do wonder if my speculation is correct about Valkyries in rating game. Then what will ross use Valkyries system or evil piece system when she reach high rank devil status

Then again it will depend on the author on how will make rating game of different myths possible
Old 2014-03-16, 08:19   Link #3709
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
I know I know though lets stop at this part I not want to cause a commotion

I do wonder if my speculation is correct about Valkyries in rating game. Then what will ross use Valkyries system or evil piece system when she reach high rank devil status

Then again it will depend on the author on how will make rating game of different myths possible
Since she's a devil now she's going to use the evil pieces, if she ever uses it.

But I really want the author to make a "Rating Game Tournament Arc", for whatever reason he can think of, I just want it.
Looking forward for a rematch between Rias and Sona.
Old 2014-03-16, 10:58   Link #3710
DocBernax2814

I want to see a rematch between Issei and Sairaorg.
But, the most anticipated battle is between Rias and the champion Emperor Belial.
Old 2014-03-16, 11:07   Link #3711
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBernax2814 View Post
But, the most anticipated battle is between Rias and the champion Emperor Belial.
... Assuming that a battle like that is actually going to take place, since I believe that the developments that happen in volume 17 ... put it in jeopardy.
Old 2014-03-16, 11:46   Link #3712
aw454wtr

seeing as how fallen angels are not going to make a reincarnation system, once michael tweaks heaven's system so that angel will not fall, wouldn't pure fallen angels eventually become extinct?
Old 2014-03-16, 11:48   Link #3713
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
... Assuming that a battle like that is actually going to take place, since I believe that the developments that happen in volume 17 ... put it in jeopardy.
v17's developments don't necessarily mean they won't actually fight Belial and his group, it just probably won't be an official Rating Game match.
Old 2014-03-16, 11:49   Link #3714
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
seeing as how fallen angels are not going to make a reincarnation system, once michael tweaks heaven's system so that angel will not fall, wouldn't pure fallen angels eventually become extinct?
No, because they can mate with each other.
I don't think Fallen Angels have the same difficulty to give birth as the Devils.
Old 2014-03-16, 12:05   Link #3715
aw454wtr

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
No, because they can mate with each other.
I don't think Fallen Angels have the same difficulty to give birth as the Devils.
But aren't fallen angels the same biologically speaking as angels, kokabiel did mention that without god pure angels cannot be born, just my speculation prehaps pure angels despite having males and females cannot procreate at all, thus pure fallen angels MAY not be able to procreate among themselves but only able to make babies with other non-angel beings like humans and devils
Old 2014-03-16, 12:08   Link #3716
aw454wtr

Another speculation, in vol 1 Raynare did say that Ise's sacred gear was just twice critical, what if she was right all along, Ise was never born with boosted gear but the sacred gear program exchanged his twice critical with boosted gear during the events in the church

That would beg the question, why did it take 8 pawns if ise only had twice critical, prehaps he has a hidden power that no one knows of yet which is why a god from another unknown world was able to talk to Ise an no one else, not even vali and baraqiel who at the time were stronger than ise could hear that voice
Old 2014-03-16, 12:15   Link #3717
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
But aren't fallen angels the same biologically speaking as angels, kokabiel did mention that without god pure angels cannot be born, just my speculation prehaps pure angels despite having males and females cannot procreate at all, thus pure fallen angels MAY not be able to procreate among themselves but only able to make babies with other non-angel beings like humans and devils
The reason Angels can't procreate is because Angels can't have sex without falling, otherwise Akeno wouldn't exist.
There's no such thing as a species being unable to procreate among themselves, that goes against the concept of "species", even for DxD that doesn't make sense.
Old 2014-03-16, 12:41   Link #3718
Chris38

Quote:
Another speculation, in vol 1 Raynare did say that Ise's sacred gear was just twice critical, what if she was right all along, Ise was never born with boosted gear but the sacred gear program exchanged his twice critical with boosted gear during the events in the church

That would beg the question, why did it take 8 pawns if ise only had twice critical, prehaps he has a hidden power that no one knows of yet which is why a god from another unknown world was able to talk to Ise an no one else, not even vali and baraqiel who at the time were stronger than ise could hear that voice
I doubt that such theory is correct, since like you pointed out, it contradicts with the fact that it has taken 8 pawn pieces to resurrect Ise and initially apart from his Boosted Gear he had no other supernatural powers.

After all, if Ise had some other powers, while he was still human, I think that Ishibumi would have already given some hints about it - and unlike you, I doubt the fact that Ise connected with the Oppai God is sufficient evidence of him having an 'undiscovered power', since the reason why he was able to do that ... can be explained by Ise's obsession with boobs, which has caught that particular God's attention.

Not to mention, I don't think that the Sacred Gear program is intelligent enough to actually change someone's Sacred Gear when that particular person is already born, without some drawbacks occurring, considering the facts that where given to us about what happens to the host when someone extracts his Sacred Gear from within his / hers body.

So, I'm going to stick with the reason, why Ise's Sacred Gear was initially mistaken by Reynare as a Twice Critical, was because Ise hadn't had enough desire / motivation to unlock the Boosted Gear's true form, before the events in the Curch and the talk with Rias that occurred before the fight in the Church took place .
Old 2014-03-16, 13:25   Link #3719
saw2097

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Not necessarily, according to the spoilers nobody knows that he is a traitor yet.

Maybe he does a publicity thing, by arranging an unofficial rating game between his team and the Gremory team under the pretense that it is a fun little match between the world champ and the strongest Youth Devil team, with him claiming its all for fun and he will hold back.

But in reality its a planned public assassination of the Gremory team, in particular Ise.

After all that he has done I am pretty sure he is at the top of Khaos Brigades black list. Considering that in the spoilers Euclid is captured because of Ise's actions this would be the retribution of Khaos Brigade.
Old 2014-03-16, 13:51   Link #3720
Chris38

@saw2097

Since a 'trap Rating Game' plot point has already been used during the situation with Diodora Astaroth that occurred in volume 6, I doubt that Ishibumi is going to do a repeat of that using the Emperor.

Not to mention, while no one might suspect him of being a traitor in volume 17, it might be revealed in the future volumes - after all, if the author would really plan to make a scenario like what you described, he shouldn't have spoiled the information about the Emperor, near the end of volume, since I think that a revelation like that would have a much more shocking effect, if something like that would be revealed, during the game event that you proposed.

After all, now that the readers have information that the Emperor is a traitor, a scenario like the one you mentioned is too predictable, since ... while the characters in the story might not know about Belial, the readers know it, so anything that he says will be taken with a dose of suspicion from the readers, which kind of destroys the suspense that his actions could produce.

Basically, if the author wouldn't be planing to reveal the Emperor's traitor color's to the story character's pretty soon, he shouldn't have given the reader this particular piece of information ... so early and so easily.

Last edited by Chris38; 2014-03-16 at 14:02.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, comedy, echii, harem, oppai, romance, school life