Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-12-02, 20:37   Link #4061
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
About that, Okouchi did a crappy job. But he got the perfect excuse "i never planned to explain all the mysteries", dun dun dun!

OR the fact that he did not have the whole story planned in like all of its aspects. You don;t have to explain everything of course when it comes to a series, but well, dude, in the case of WoC, pitch black.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 20:43   Link #4062
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post

OR the fact that he did not have the whole story planned in like all of its aspects. You don;t have to explain everything of course when it comes to a series, but well, dude, in the case of WoC, pitch black.
Don't get me wrong =p, imo his excuse is full of crap XD.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 20:45   Link #4063
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Don't get me wrong =p, imo his excuse is full of crap XD.
I say it half-crap, 25% "honest mistakes" and the rest 25% is that he REALLY has not planned all of it.

p.s btw, you do not have to use all the time "imo" that is like default setting anyway. XD
Old 2008-12-02, 20:45   Link #4064
Lunara
Pure Beauty

It's like when you realise you left something out then you gotta rewrite, or find a way for it too fit in. Or this is just another way for Okouchi to annoy us.
Lunara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 20:47   Link #4065
Sonae
A l i c e
*Graphic Designer

The only thing I know/remember about the World of C is that is where all the dead people go. Lelouch is there with Shirley and Euphie and Rolo X) But then there's all those people that hate him like Mao and others D= -imagines crowd chasing Lelouch through the World of C- Not fun... D=
Sonae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 21:26   Link #4066
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
I say it half-crap, 25% "honest mistakes" and the rest 25% is that he REALLY has not planned all of it.

p.s btw, you do not have to use all the time "imo" that is like default setting anyway. XD
I remember reading somewhere that fukuyama said that CG was a 100 episodes story at the very least. I don't remember where i read that, nor if it's true.

If it's true, I guess that it is his own opinion about R2.

I think that Okouchi planned a lot more events in his original scripts. That's why he created a lot of characters. But in the end, some were just wasted because the plot was cut.

(and ok )
Old 2008-12-02, 21:31   Link #4067
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
I remember reading somewhere that fukuyama said that CG was a 100 episodes story at the very least. I don't remember where i read that, nor if it's true.

If it's true, I guess that it is his own opinion about R2.

I think that Okouchi planned a lot more events in his original scripts. That's why he created a lot of characters. But in the end, some were just wasted because the plot was cut.

(and ok )
100 epis? This is a WHOLE lot, i have a hard time believing it. XD

But anyway, it is quite obvious that a lot of charas got shafted, especially in R2.
Old 2008-12-02, 21:32   Link #4068
Elicit

C.C. being one of them, to be sure.
Elicit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 21:34   Link #4069
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elicit View Post
C.C. being one of them, to be sure.
Well unless when they ended S1, they said, hell, let us cut one of the main charas in R2, right?
Yeah well, this does not work. Like it has been stated from pretty much everyone, C.C got SHIT-development in R2.
Old 2008-12-02, 21:35   Link #4070
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Typically one season of a mecha anime usually lasts about 50 episodes... so 50 episodes for each season would make sense.
Old 2008-12-02, 21:36   Link #4071
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Typically one season of a mecha anime usually lasts about 50 episodes... so 50 episodes for each season would make sense.
Yeah well, except CG was not exactly Gundam material. XD
I just think that R2 was supposed to be WAY different. It has been said anyway. Last time charas-adds and stuff.
Old 2008-12-02, 21:38   Link #4072
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Yeah well, except CG was not exactly Gundam material. XD
I just think that R2 was supposed to be WAY different. It has been said anyway. Last time charas-adds and stuff.
Maybe nope. Just that they weren't able to fit the story in 25 episodes. And they cut, cut, and cut things again.

In the end, even if it was a wonderful show , something doesn't feel right.
Old 2008-12-02, 21:42   Link #4073
Sonae
A l i c e
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Well unless when they ended S1, they said, hell, let us cut one of the main charas in R2, right?
Yeah well, this does not work. Like it has been stated from pretty much everyone, C.C got SHIT-development in R2.
Yeah. But there wasn't really that much development they could've had. Considering how detached she was and that she already had a developed relationship for Lelouch. They should have focused a little more on her past.

I don't mean to encourage a bad discussion but...

*coughthediscussionfromtheromancethreadshouldlogic allybelongandshouldbeallowedtobediscussedherecough *

Wow. I really do have a fever.
Sonae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 21:45   Link #4074
Elicit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonae View Post
Yeah. But there wasn't really that much development they could've had. Considering how detached she was and that she already had a developed relationship for Lelouch. They should have focused a little more on her past.

*coughthediscussionfromtheromancethreadshouldlogic allybelongandshouldbeallowedtobediscussedherecough *

They should have expounded more on the Geass intricacies a bit along with her; that would have been nicer than just having her as background noise and advertisement, period.

What, and have people breathing on our backs about it? It was closed down for a reason.
Old 2008-12-02, 21:47   Link #4075
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonae View Post

*coughwhatsthebigdealifCCisnotavirgincough*
dec4rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 21:56   Link #4076
incorrupts
Banned

It is not about if C.C had a wild sex-life or anything, in GENERAL she got pretty much one epi {and NOT even to her kinda but still} focused to her in R2. Kinda un-fair.
Old 2008-12-02, 22:07   Link #4077
Elicit

Quote:
It is not about if C.C had a wild sex-life or anything, in GENERAL she got pretty much one epi {and NOT even to her kinda but still} focused to her in R2. Kinda un-fair.
Which, I must say, is laughable to have people discuss over such a topic enough to have the Romance thread closed down temporarily. Guess it entertains some people.
Old 2008-12-03, 01:05   Link #4078
Frostfire
No Eyes

Quote:

(and ok )
You have to take into account that the script changed, significantly due to the entire R2-timeslot debacle. So what was originally intended isn't exactly what we were given. How much changed is questionable, but we know that were given characters that did not originally exist, and that characters that had been planned, never appeared. On the other hand, some characters were just handled very poorly.

For R2, C.C. was handled rather lacklusterly. Her character was reset at the start, and then removed from the plot all together for three or four episodes. Xingke was also handled pretty badly, imo, because when we saw him in Season 1's end we expect him to be important, which he was for three episodes then completely disappeared into obscurity. His character, ultimately, amounted to very little more than a stepping stone that never showed many of the plot lines that had been talked about around him. For one his brilliance and abilities, he is turned into Schneizel's pawn, his sickness, no visible conclusion, China's turmoil and how he's supposed to help fix it is rarely mentioned and often times just brushed over entirely.

But as bad as they were handled, they still ultimately contributed in some form. They were characters that, while likely hit by the plot changes, were always intended. Now look at characters that weren't originally there, or that contributed nothing. Rolo, was to the best of my knowledge, not even intended from the original story plan. His character was handled decently, but ultimately what did he contribute? He killed Shirley and, in his attempt to get Lelouch to want to live, died and didn't get Lelouch to want to live. He moved the plot along, at least. Now look at the KoR, the worst handled characters of them all. Only Bismark and Luciano had actual character to them and had some actual importance to the plot, or brought something up. But they were disposed of faster than the garbage. Then the two female KoR that came and went, one didn't even appear for more than twenty or so seconds of silence. Finally the two somewhat important characters, Gino and Anya. Anya was a transporter for a more important character who fell flat but had some plot resolution on her memories. Gino, on the other hand, never had any of his plot lines complete, if he even had any. His character amounted to bait, yaoi bait, loli bait, shipping bait, and then at the end, more loli bait. I remember reading somewhere, like you I am not sure if it was true or not, but that characters like Gino also never originally existed and were inserted for fanpandering.

Back to C.C. though, what I said above, is why I am not really surprised that R2 handled her poorly. It handled a lot of characters poorly, but at the very least C.C. wasn't handled as bad as possible. R2 crammed too many characters into too little time and over focused on Lelouch.
Frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 03:00   Link #4079
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

I don't think they over focused on Lelouch. It just seems that way since there are a lot of characters. Even though it was "rushed", it's still a great show. But I would still wonder what else can C.C. reveal to us if the original plans were done instead.
Spring_sakura111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 03:40   Link #4080
Frostfire
No Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring_sakura111 View Post
I don't think they over focused on Lelouch. It just seems that way since there are a lot of characters. Even though it was "rushed", it's still a great show. But I would still wonder what else can C.C. reveal to us if the original plans were done instead.
Well that's my point, there are too many characters for how much time they gave to and about Lelouch. They over focused on Lelouch by neglecting the many other characters.
Frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote