AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-12-06, 18:35   Link #21
Garet Jax

Given the numbers of the previous games, maybe W = 23? I was going to say there was some prime number thing going on - 7, 11, 17, 23 - but 12Riven messes that up.

Or, since 12Riven used a Ψ (Psi) character, ω is the Greek letter for Omega.
Garet Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 18:52   Link #22
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garet Jax View Post
Given the numbers of the previous games, maybe W = 23? I was going to say there was some prime number thing going on - 7, 11, 17, 23 - but 12Riven messes that up.

Or, since 12Riven used a Ψ (Psi) character, ω is the Greek letter for Omega.
Given that Takumi Nakazawa was not involved with 12Riven in any way, I highly doubt that. Not to mention that his last written title, I/O, didn't have anything to do with numbers of any sort. Also, the ΨCliminal part of 12Riven was actually related to its plot, so I doubt it.

Which brings the question whether this game will have any connection to the Infinity series or not. I know I/O did (it mentioned things like Cure and TB, from what I've heard.), but we don't know whether or not Nakazawa will move on to another timeline. I guess we'll have to wait for the game to come out before we know.

Last edited by GundamAce; 2010-12-06 at 20:09.
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 11:55   Link #23
Elvin

Right after 12R came out for the PS2, I heard there was supposed to be one more entry to the infinity series before it ended. Wonder if it's still coming :S
Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 13:57   Link #24
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvin View Post
Right after 12R came out for the PS2, I heard there was supposed to be one more entry to the infinity series before it ended. Wonder if it's still coming :S
Interesting. Don't know if I'd like a completely new game with its own twists, or some sort of merging of all the titles in the Infinity series that ties them all together or wraps up all the loose ends in each one. Remember11 sure could use something like that, that's for sure.
Old 2010-12-07, 17:00   Link #25
ramengud

Yeah Remember 11 definitely needs something like that. From the illustrations, who do you guys think the protagonist of this game will be? Do you think there will be 2 protagonists or more?
ramengud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 18:33   Link #26
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramengud View Post
Yeah Remember 11 definitely needs something like that. From the illustrations, who do you guys think the protagonist of this game will be? Do you think there will be 2 protagonists or more?
It's hard to say. Ever since Ever17, Nakazawa's VNs usually feature multiple protagonists. Hell, I/O even had 2-4 (it's complicated exactly how many there were apparently due to spoilers, so I'll have to wait until I play the game to find out.). It only looks like one here, but since I/O had 1-2 female protagonist(s), maybe one of the girls is a playable character here.
Old 2010-12-10, 19:59   Link #27
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Update! Three of the characters have been revealed.

Also, the site's been very slightly updated, with the ending image changed a bit. The word "Route" is now above the sign that says "Square Root of W". Perhaps they're making a pun and the game is going to be called the "Square Route of W"? Either way, this is exciting.

Still, it's pretty hard to tell these characters' ages, though the guy looks like he's in his early/mid 20s.

Last edited by GundamAce; 2010-12-10 at 20:24.
Old 2010-12-11, 17:07   Link #28
ramengud

Any idea who the artist is for the game?
Old 2010-12-11, 17:58   Link #29
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Any idea who the artist is for the game?
They've specifically left it unknown for now (on the website, the character designer's name is just "???"). I guess they'll probably reveal it on the 27th.
Old 2010-12-11, 19:09   Link #30
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

I finally translated the teaser website. Here's a rough translation of the text.

(I'll add this to the first page of the forum.)

Quote:
(First screen)
"They will be herded together like prisoners in a dungeon. They will be shut up in prison and be punished after many days."
-Isaiah 24:22

(Second screen)
Genre: SF Suspense ADV
Original Idea: Takumi Nakazawa
Character Designer: ???

(Third Screen)
The path is cut off to the lost nine's memories (Not 100% sure about this translation.)

(Fourth screen)
Remaining time:

Before

Only six days until collapse

After

Only 9 hours until death

(Last page)
The end of the coldhearted dream. The beginning of the cruel truth.
I'm curious what it means by this scenario. It sounds like this time, the people are being trapped deliberately.

I also find the Bible quote interesting because Remember11 and I/O started with Bible quotes.

Remember11 had:

Quote:
"And it came to pass on the morrow, that the evil spirit from God came upon Saul, and he prophesied in the midst of the house: and David played with his hand, as at other times: and there was a javelin in Saul's hand.

And Saul cast the javelin; for he said, I will smite David even to the wall with it. And David avoided out of his presence twice."

Old Testament - 1 Samuel Chapter 18, Verses 10, 11
I/O's first screen was actually a Bible quote, written in English:
Quote:
"When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became an adult, I put an end to my childish ways.

For now we see only in a mirror, dimly, but then we will see face to face. Now I know only in part; then I will know fully, even as I have been fully known."

1 Corinthians 13:11-12

Last edited by GundamAce; 2010-12-11 at 19:37.
Old 2010-12-12, 04:16   Link #31
ramengud

Many references to the bible. Almost finished with 999. Hopefully this will be better than that.
Old 2010-12-16, 14:35   Link #32
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Another update! First of all, three more characters have been revealed!

Also, on the teaser website, there's two quick flashes- one of a couch with chairs in the front and another with the center girl with blood flowing from her head.

Finally, the last screen has changed yet again- the word "Root" is now over the word "Route", and "Double" is above "W". This title keeps getting more and more confusing.

Anyway, the characters look interesting. I'm surprised the protagonist has glasses, the only other VN protagonist with glasses that I remember is Shiki Tohno. The new loli girl gives reminds me of both Felli Loss from Chrome Shelled Regios and Ruri from Martian Successor Nadesico. The tall girl definitely reminds me of Tsugumi.
Old 2010-12-16, 17:10   Link #33
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Will this game be on Windows PC or PSP or DS? I hope it's on the PC so at least we'll have a chance of playing it with fan translation. Or at least on a PSP. But no region lock consoles like PS2, 360 or Wii!
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 17:17   Link #34
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Will this game be on Windows PC or PSP or DS? I hope it's on the PC so at least we'll have a chance of playing it with fan translation. Or at least on a PSP. But no region lock consoles like PS2, 360 or Wii!
No one knows yet, but it's most likely either the PS2 or PSP, judging by the company's previous record. The only PC game they've ever made was the PC port of I/O.
Old 2010-12-23, 16:06   Link #35
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Next update! The last three characters have been revealed!

Spoiler for Character picture:

Some new text has been added after the picture segments from the last update.

Quote:
After first picture:
Save her! Save this girl!

After second picture:
The things you know are increasing little by little.

After that quote:
Soon you will know everything.
Then the newer version of the logo appears.

Spoiler for Logo:

So it seems the name of the game is now "Root Double: Before Crime* After Days". Interesting.

Well, this is the final update. On the 27th, the true site will be up.

Last edited by GundamAce; 2010-12-23 at 21:24.
Old 2010-12-23, 19:31   Link #36
ramengud

Seems interesting. It feels like it might be similar to the infinity series and 999. Among the characters, there seems to be a lot of female characters. Hopefully Blick Winkel makes another appearance or there will be a better twist or revelation.
Old 2010-12-23, 21:26   Link #37
Elvin

Quote:
Seems interesting. It feels like it might be similar to the infinity series and 999. Among the characters, there seems to be a lot of female characters. Hopefully Blick Winkel makes another appearance or there will be a better twist or revelation.
I vote for "better" twist/revelation. I'd lose respect for him as a writer if BW made an appearance. My only friend that likes Anime/VNs beat 999 before me and took points off because it's ending was too similar to E17's, and once I got there, I had to agree. I can't be the only one who saw that ending coming. E17's beauty is that it caught us all off guard with it's ending, so I'm crossing my fingers that he has it in him to do that again.

For some reason I'm getting a soul link feel from those characters. Might be because the male characters have similar hairstyles, or it might be the military boots some of 'em are wearing.
Old 2010-12-23, 21:30   Link #38
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Err, 999 and this one are written by different people
Old 2010-12-23, 23:30   Link #39
Elvin

Ah, so they are. Still, I want my mind blown >:O
Old 2010-12-24, 05:05   Link #40
4as
ForUs

Send a message via MSN to 4as
"Random words: makes no sense" - I preferred the simpler version of the title :S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvin View Post
Ah, so they are. Still, I want my mind blown >:O
Who doesnt really ;0

Also, its just me or none of the characters strikes immediately as likeable :S
Bah, after R11 I turned into a pessimist, I guess - cant keep my hopes up for this.
4as is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
visual novel