AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-09-15, 20:55   Link #21
cdkobasiuk
Mommy on a Bender

Who doesn't want to be a young superpowered kid who can do all that ninja magic?
cdkobasiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-15, 20:59   Link #22
UserName

First off Naruto isn't as mega-popular or as popular as you think it is.

But Naruto appealed(notice the ed, i still like it but not nearly as much as before right now it's an 'average' series) at first because I hadn't had watch many other anime at that point... fansubbed anime that is. I had seen/read better at the time. Naruto was quite interesting, I liked the characters(not that much anymore, like Sasuke i used to think he was great but now... he needs to die), the story of some isn't thta great(I find it funny how a lot of Naruto fans insult DBZs story) but it is interesting to see what happens next. And the Haku-Zabuza Saga was just good. Really got me into Naruto. But after that it went down hill...
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-15, 21:47   Link #23
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=265

Its just cool, period. From art style to character design, to music.
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-15, 21:55   Link #24
kboykb

I remember when I was a kid I always wanted to learn ninjutsu.. my love for ninjas didn't start with Naruto.. hmm, the more I think of it, I think Mortal Kombat got me more or less into the mood of loving ninjas and samurai..

Also I'm an artist (future animator), so I really like the art style of Naruto.. Kenshin and Naruto are def. my fav. animes right now. . . Naruto just allows me to dream.. and make me feel better!.. ahh..

Oh and plus I love things with *realistic* super beings in them.. like in kenshin the battousai was strong.. but not so strong that he couldn't be hurt.. Same with Naruto, even if the characters have some sort of super powers.. none of them are invincible.

- - - - hopefully no Buus pop up in the Naruto world
kboykb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-15, 22:42   Link #25
OMchan
オムちゃん

Yes, the Zabuza arc really got me into NARUTO too. My favourite arc, actually. It was very well done.
I was really interested in NARUTO because whenever I thought of ninjas, I thought of people wearing all black who throw ninja stars everywhere. But NARUTO was different (because it's my first and only ninja anime) and that was appealing to me at the time.

Kimi ni Todoke
OMchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-15, 22:55   Link #26
Icer

I'm a big fan of Shounen Fighting series in general, and this just happens to be the best one I've seen.

Not a really deep answer, but that's it.
Icer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-15, 23:07   Link #27
Kouji
StrykerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName

But Naruto appealed(notice the ed, i still like it but not nearly as much as before right now it's an 'average' series) at first because I hadn't had watch many other anime at that point... fansubbed anime that is. I had seen/read better at the time. Naruto was quite interesting, I liked the characters(not that much anymore, like Sasuke i used to think he was great but now... he needs to die), the story of some isn't thta great(I find it funny how a lot of Naruto fans insult DBZs story) but it is interesting to see what happens next. And the Haku-Zabuza Saga was just good. Really got me into Naruto. But after that it went down hill...
Fine by me, if you don't like Naruto. Then don't watch it at all. It's just easy as that. heh. I've been getting a lot of this lately from posters like you. And buddy, if you hate Naruto then I'd say that you must be posting in the wrong board.

For me, and a whole lot of posters here. Are fans of Naruto. I don't think that people who didn't like Naruto would stay around a Naruto message board. And if they did, they'd only bring misery to themselves.
Old 2004-09-16, 00:05   Link #28
Sabaku no Gaara
OMG ****ing EMONINJA ><

Send a message via AIM to Sabaku no Gaara Send a message via MSN to Sabaku no Gaara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaken
yup... every Naruto fight scenes either brings anger or saddness or tears. some other animes are repetitive, therefore, easily get bored of it, Naruto keeps you emotionally high (on crack), so it's additive.
Yeah, I got pretty choked up with Zabuza and Haku died. Also when they had the Third Hokage's funeral. It was pretty emotionally intense IMO. I just thought the Zabuza part when he died with Haku was really really sad.
Sabaku no Gaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 00:19   Link #29
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouji
Fine by me, if you don't like Naruto. Then don't watch it at all. It's just easy as that. heh. I've been getting a lot of this lately from posters like you. And buddy, if you hate Naruto then I'd say that you must be posting in the wrong board.

For me, and a whole lot of posters here. Are fans of Naruto. I don't think that people who didn't like Naruto would stay around a Naruto message board. And if they did, they'd only bring misery to themselves.
Heh... I've been getting a whole lot of posters like YOU... once again. I didn't say I don't like Naruto. At first i thought it was great then after the wave country arc it went down hill. Saying something is 'average' isn't saying you don't like it. Besides I want to see what happens... even though it will be 'average'.(At one point in the current manga arc i started thinking it was going to be 'great' again but the last chapter shot that down...).
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 00:28   Link #30
Zaken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku no Gaara
Yeah, I got pretty choked up with Zabuza and Haku died. Also when they had the Third Hokage's funeral. It was pretty emotionally intense IMO. I just thought the Zabuza part when he died with Haku was really really sad.

hehe, it's ironic how your avatar is "wo ai luo" (motionless freak)
Zaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 00:43   Link #31
tOfUDeLiTe

Red face

Naruto is so popular because I think it has a great storyline with very well developed characters. The themes portrayed in this cartoon I guess can relate to most people. Wouldn't you like to be acknowledged by a special person and do anything to protect them? Thats I guess what draws them in and also because of the fighting. Its not like dragonball yes i throw a fireball at you then you throw a bigger fireball at me. It is quite interesting how they fight like in the Zabuza arc. Like everyone has said, it probably is the best arc there is because there was strategies that was never thought of before. But it is true that the series kind of hit a down hill when the characters learned all these super cool moves and starts just hurling crap at each other. The only bad thing about this anime is i think the repetitive use of kage bunshin no jutsu . But it is an interesting story with comedy and action with a little bit of romance in the beginning and that is why i think this is so popular.
tOfUDeLiTe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 01:07   Link #32
F!reStr!fe
Unlimited Blade Works...

Send a message via AIM to F!reStr!fe
The Reason i Like Naruto is mainly the ninja theme and very very nice graphics. There are plenty of Samurai Anime's Ninja is something that I would find very different. And yes the storyline is pretty good. Something i dislike is notions like OMFG we sux against so and so lets combine our powers kind of thing or the AH im going to die lets power up kind of thing..... Everything else about this anime appeals to me though. And yes the Zabuza Arc was very very intresting.
Plus u cant forget Samurai have their Special techniques while Ninjas have their kick ass Ninjitsu! I found the Sharingan one of the most appealing things

My Current Animes: Welcome to the NHK, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Coyote Ragtime Show, Bokura Ga Ita, .hack//roots
F!reStr!fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 01:18   Link #33
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName
And you base that on what?
In the Country of origin, Japan the movie has been in the top 10 for over a month, I happends to see a Japanese Comedy show when I was in Taiwan , where grown-ups dressed up funny and impersonated certain characters. Naruto was one of them and a whole theatre immediately got the punchline and started laughing like crazy.

On Animesuki when a Naruto episode is released. Within 2 hours of the first release (A-H these days) over 3000 people are downloading it. A-H said the overal number per ep was close to either 10.000 or 100.000 I forgot. And that's without ANBU and AONE releases.

On the Animesuki forum the Naruto forum has more than 4 times the amount on threads then the 2nd favorite, Full Metal alchemist, and a staggering 85.000 posts. (The fact that Naruto is on air longer is a factor here but bear with me)

The Anime is starting to have a lot of merchandise, Videogames (there will be 4 at the end of the year, card games and toys.

Now tell me, wich other recent Anime has such an audience in terms of downloads/forum interest?

Ofcourse I don't know excact statistics so I could be wrong
Old 2004-09-16, 03:36   Link #34
Zidane

i think naruto got populair especialy cause of the first arc being nice, but even that was partialy not that great. After that many episodes people get stuck to it like glue, its the soap series effect. Thats the main comparison with dbz, you watch it, but when you're a sane adult you realize half of it at least is immature and not good. If kishimoto is a genius, then i'm the pope or George Bush.
I'm speaking as objectivly as i can hear btw. Kishimoto uses all the shonen stereotypes he can to score big points in main stream. This is hardly genius, its been done, and it worked before, and it still works. I myself have no reason to place naruto below any other shonen anime, but personaly, i dont think its any better then the other running shonen anime atm, i think it was a matter of the first arc being more apealing and easier to get into, but by no means do i believe if people gave the other running shonen series a REAL chanse, would they truly think naruto was better. Wich is what doesnt happen.

I just think naruto jumped into the gap dbz left in English speaking countries after it truly finished in its english form about a year and a half back. And yes, this is true, cause dbz DID only finish in english speaking countries around that time. Around that time also there was allot of talk to those people that naruto had something to do with dbz and this was reinforced by the fact it was mainly distributed on a site called "toriyamasworld" causing some kind of stupid misunderstanding amongst many people it was actualy a toriyama series. A group of people gave naruto a chanse this way, and mouth to mouth it became bigger. If this same chanse had been given to fma, one piece or whatever. Im sure those would be bigger then naruto just as they are in japan. Since they are both conciderably more populair there then naruto.

Furthermore, the fact that this forum has allot more posts doesn't tell me much, especialy since 80% of those posts are spam or so badly written, or stupid questions, its so bad, it almost makes my face turn red of shame for humanity :P .

Personaly , i think naruto has some good episodes, wich is the reason i keep watching it, but ALLOT of episodes are worthless dragging, or heaven forbid me for calling it this: "comedy" . But overal my opinion is the other running series just didnt get a fair chanse cause they are not as easy to get into. Wich tells me more about the viewers then the series themself.
Zidane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 03:54   Link #35
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

I think that the characters in Naruto are just far more likable than in any other anime- both in temperament and design. And I think that a lot of Naruto fans like Naruto, himself, more than they admit to themselves. I mean, I find him and Lee pretty inspirational. They have no talent (or in Naruto's case, no brains), yet they struggle through their problems. I think that this anime, more than most, makes those struggles real- and makes the triumphs of these characters seem that much more real. Toss in some expertly choreographed fight scenes, a really original look and OST, and you have one of the best crafted animes ever made. True, the series has had ups and downs- the Hokage-Orochimaru battle will always hold a special place among awkward moments in anime history, but I find Naruto to be, overall, quite epic and enjoyable. Yes, I hear people saying the first arc was the best, but I think that the broadening and introduction of new characters that the series went on to made it better. The first arc was great- many awesome moments, but if the series had taken that same tack the whole way, we might not have seen some of the best characters the series has produced, such as Lee and Gaara (among others).
Old 2004-09-16, 04:11   Link #36
daflecta
(^_^)

I also think it's the underdog effect what makes naruto popular!
daflecta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 04:51   Link #37
Krozar

Where would one begin to tell their experiences with the anime? There is an emotional feeling that is hard to rival, I can tell you now that it does not exist on American TV. The emotion is what attracted myself to Anime in the first place and keeps me glued to the screen.

I began to watch Naruto one evening in early June of this very year. It was raining outside, and a storm was coming in. The apartment was unusualy cold due to the air conditioner being on all day. There I sat in a dimly lit room, whilst the rain pounded on the window a mere 3 feet away. I decided that I would get into bed and read a good book. However, before doing so I visited the Desynch forum where I stumbled across a post about an anime called Naruto. The post contained a link to a website called Naruto Mania which included fast downloads. I stayed up fighting off exhaustion and downloaded 3 episodes, I began to watch them as more begun to download.

The first episode did not interest me greatly, I must say I even abhored it. Loathing to see the second one, even thinking of reverting back to the the previous plan of going to bed; but, I knew from past anime that one should never judge a series by one episode. Into the second episode I realized I was cold so I wrapped myself in a blanket as I sat and listened to the rain and watched the anime that began to spark my interest but yet to have me impressed. As the light of the morning began to come over the horizon and the chirping of birds begun to come through the window in the now clear morning with naught but a dampness on the grass, I found myself finishing with episode 14.

Since that morning the anime has been part of me every day.

As for being my favorite, it does fall short of attaining such. Elfen Lied currently holds that title but it is still a young series yet. I have never had an Anime in a mere 8 episodes draw such an emotional power over me, Elfen lied is a work of art.

But a work of art Naruto is as well. For an anime that is heavy in action and geared at a younger audience, it meets many criteria of what makes an anime great.

Kidd:
Quote:
it has several realistic characters with unique goals and dreams. These people collide in different ways just like in real life and different situations appear from that. Sometimes disturbing, scary, romantic, morale boosting, filling with happiness, goosebump-rising... it contains everything real life has to offer, but in an exaggarated scale.
The quote above is the most well thought and beautifully portrayed observation of Naruto I have yet to come across, and I do not think that it shall be rivaled anytime soon. Few anime focus on so many aspirations and past emotional heartbreak and trauma as Naruto does over such an array of charaters. The current situation with Lee is very touching, and is another example why I love the anime.

Last edited by Krozar; 2004-09-16 at 05:04.
Krozar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 05:30   Link #38
Zidane

You guys are taking this series a bit to serious...
This is almost getting disturbing.
Zidane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 05:44   Link #39
Spooky-Electric

It's mindless entertainment for me. I'm not going to say it's a great series, because I don't think it is. It's predictable, cliche, and corny, but that's not to say it doesn't entertain the hell out of me.
Spooky-Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 06:09   Link #40
IntegraTypeR

Gotta luv the characters........
IntegraTypeR is offline   Reply With Quote