Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-10-03, 04:39   Link #221
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
Saw that recently. As amusing as it is, I'm surprised he didn't note that this relies on the fact of BF3 using the Hollywood definition of flash suppressor. In actuality, they make the muzzle flash less obscuring for the user - hiding it from anyone else is a physical impossibility.
I don't know about that mate, this shows how effective a flash suppressor really can be if you ignore the horrible weapon handling.

Other news, a pretty accurate depiction of the first stage of Metro.

Fuck yeah Bush People for life.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 05:32   Link #222
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Lol, I was doing the bush for a bit.

After a while I just said screw it since NO ONE was trying to cap and just farm kills, and I was getting killed by better bush campers then I... stupid AU ping. 3 games in a row where I capped most the points because I just charged in like a lunatic spraying and praying, prone, arm, followed by more spray and pray and the odd grenade. It was the first times I ever actually saw the end game part of metro outside the subway. Sure I had a 7-22 K/D ratio but by god jim, I dragged my way kicking and screaming into that win.

PS, how did you guys add custom avatars to Origin on the 'Suki platoon?
Old 2011-10-03, 05:45   Link #223
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
PS, how did you guys add custom avatars to Origin on the 'Suki platoon?
Through Origin? You can't. Through Battlelog? You sign up for a Gravatar-try 'edit your profile' in the Battlelog.
Old 2011-10-03, 06:01   Link #224
Mr Hat and Clogs

Ic Ic... well lets see how that goes. Who accepts the applications for the platoon?
Old 2011-10-03, 06:21   Link #225
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
Through Origin? You can't. Through Battlelog? You sign up for a Gravatar-try 'edit your profile' in the Battlelog.
"Yes, set up a Gravitar Account and link the email address you use from that to your BF3 profile, says Misaka as Misaka quickly nods."

XD

Old 2011-10-03, 06:27   Link #226
konart

Quote:
Ic Ic... well lets see how that goes. Who accepts the applications for the platoon?
Me. Whenever I see them
Old 2011-10-03, 06:43   Link #227
Mr Hat and Clogs

coolies. Well if someone needs a moving distraction to draw fire hit me up... however it is that is done without being on a friends list.

edit: Is Caspian Border disabled or something?
Old 2011-10-03, 06:59   Link #228
konart

Quote:
coolies. Well if someone needs a moving distraction to draw fire hit me up... however it is that is done without being on a friends list.

edit: Is Caspian Border disabled or something?
After some closed testing they disabled it, yeah. I was lucky enough to play there
Old 2011-10-03, 07:02   Link #229
Mr Hat and Clogs

Well that's kinda lame. Metro doesn't seem anywhere near as fun.

edit: Got in a few more games, had some 'sensible' rounds. Well it seemed sensible to me. Unlocked the defib. Shotgun rez medic is pretty fun to play. Got some decent results, hell even ended in a positive K/D ratio for once. Just trundle along behind people toss out med-kits, shotgun leftovers and rez. Kinda wish people would hang closer to each other (not too close!) though rather then everyone doing their best impressions of keep-away.

Last edited by Mr Hat and Clogs; 2011-10-03 at 08:52.
Mr Hat and Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 09:59   Link #230
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Squads are only available on battlelog

GG EA/DICE.

It almost like they don't want people to buy their game...

Last edited by Drake; 2011-10-03 at 10:19.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 10:10   Link #231
Mr Hat and Clogs

That link doesn't work.

So the only way to get all your friends on a server is to manually drag them in??
Old 2011-10-03, 10:22   Link #232
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Strange re-pasted link so should work now.

No idea how it will work on PC but at least on the xbox you can set a squad up in-game before you join a server however it doesn't work in the beta with usually only 1 of your friends making it into your squad with the rest either left on their own or on the opposite team entirely.

Old 2011-10-03, 10:56   Link #233
Mr Hat and Clogs

Wow, that sucks.

Honestly don't know why they have this battlelog thing, it's really really irritating and the game takes ages to load up. Just wish you could do everything in game like every other game. I wouldn't say limiting squad management to battlelog is a deal breaker to me. The entire thing would be, because I think it's stupidly redundant. The squad thing, if it worked (I can accept buggy mechanics in a beta) is only a minor part to me.

It's just a fail version of battlenet at the moment. The prevention of LAN, and all that pretty much means it's going to always require a verified connection to play (until someone cracks it... I give it a week, if that). When I'm in game it's fun I really enjoy it, but when I'm out of it (you can't even adjust the games settings without being in a match, which hopefully wont be the case come release) it kind of hinders my urge to buy it. maybe i'll get used to it. I know it would be FAAAAAAAR less annoying if the game opened up straight away rather then taking like 30 seconds or whatever.

2 things and I'd buy the game no questions asked 1) no battlelog 2) put it on Steam. As it is, I'm hesitant, no not ruling it out completely I'll give it a chance - which is disappointing since I was actually looking forward to a modern-fps-game for once. (dismissing all the bugs)

Last edited by Mr Hat and Clogs; 2011-10-03 at 11:20.
Mr Hat and Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 12:37   Link #234
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post

GG EA/DICE.

I honestly don't know how they are thinking. My mate and I tried the squad thing on battlelog and while we joined as a party, it didn't put us in the same squad, just on the same team. No worries, we thought, we can switch in-game... NOPE. While you can leave the squad, it auto-selects one for you.

I mean... BF2 is 6 years old. Surely the technology isn't "too advanced" to be put into BF3. Hell, it worked in BC2, though the system was worse.

WTF DICE... I know you worked hard on this, and it's a really fun game, but leaving out basic things that works in old games makes me disappointed. Mind, I'm seeing this in a lot of modern games. Leaving out basic things that existed in old games... I don't want to jump on the nostalgia train, but it's like they are trying to streamline everything to appeal to the new generation who can't figure out how to do the most basic things.

EDIT: Ok, first ragequit due to bugs. Not only did someone have one-shot M416, I couldn't kill one guy. M249, grenades, pistol, everything in his face... not even a hit detection. Seriously hope it's just because it's beta.

Last edited by NorthernFallout; 2011-10-03 at 13:27.
NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 16:59   Link #235
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

They probably figure that if the game is accessible more people will buy it and thus more profit.

I love the commander role in BF2 but not everyone could do it which is probably why its been taken out, same goes for a proper squad leader role.

You cant really call the current iteration of squad leader a proper role since you have absolutely no means of directing a squad or coordinating with other squads.

I'm in two minds as to weather I'm even going to buy it now if I'm honest.

Old 2011-10-03, 19:21   Link #236
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
I don't know about that mate, this shows how effective a flash suppressor really can be if you ignore the horrible weapon handling...
Well, that was educational. It seems I'll have to do some more research.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
WTF DICE... I know you worked hard on this, and it's a really fun game, but leaving out basic things that works in old games makes me disappointed...
I know exactly what you're talking about. Now, while it's not quite what you're referring to, I would like to hold up as example bots. Apparently, many recent games seem to think them unnecessary... and those that don't (CoD: Black Ops comes to mind as a current example) haven't even bothered to try and approach the degree of 'tuneability' Rare had down in Perfect Dark two console generations ago. What's the holdup?
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 22:25   Link #237
Mr Hat and Clogs

Spoiler for Done this a few times..:
Old 2011-10-03, 22:34   Link #238
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Godammit. That's me. ^

I also hate it when you run like a motherfucker to heal the dude only to realize its too late just as you press the button.
Old 2011-10-04, 02:33   Link #239
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Spoiler for Done this a few times..:
Hahaha, oh this is so true.
I also wish I could simply put the medkit away again after I accidentally pulled it out.
Old 2011-10-04, 04:41   Link #240
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post

GG EA/DICE.

Yeah I saw this, this morning and the feelings of rage over flowed upon the EA forums.

I don't have the link on me but there was a quick release from one of the developers saying that they were listening to the community and planning on putting it back in.

Then in another breath on another forum I recall reading two blokes having a discussion that in the Beta the squad menu was bugged and that you are supposed to be able to join and leave any squad and join another of your choice.

I recall even seeing a screen cap of a BF3 Beta loading screen with a hint telling you how to swap between squads.

I'm sure one way or another we'll have the tried and true squad system implemented upon release.

Thankfully.