AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 22:47   Link #202
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

So was Yuuma another devil or an angel?
Old 2012-01-06, 22:47   Link #203
Peanutbutter

Picking this up because of Pikasha.

Ep 1 was alright. I thought I heard Wakamoto but it wasn't apparently. Bring on Ep 2.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 22:47   Link #204
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

well after watching yea all we need is now a morrigan aensland expy on it.

give really might stick with it for now.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 23:10   Link #205
zzhk
Summary Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
So was Yuuma another devil or an angel?
Note how Rias addressed the guy who speared Issei near the end as Mr. Fallen Angel.
That guy has wings with black feathers, just like Yuuma -- they are both fallen angels.

On the other hand, devils have bat wings as seen with Rias.

One thing I find rather creative about the setting and makes the series unique is that there is a balance of power between 3 opposing factions -- angels, fallen angels, and devils.
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 02:25   Link #206
DorkingtonPugsly

Breast Overload + somewhat interesting story/characters. It's alright and it's got plenty of ecchi. That's pretty much all I've got to say about this one for now. I like it a lot though.
Old 2012-01-07, 02:42   Link #207
Nvis
Where are the good animes

This is way better than Maken-ki!

Issei needs to dump those 2 "friends" of his asap!
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 06:14   Link #208
Dahak86
Classics never age

ep 1

ok, finally got around to watch it; since I usually don't bother with crappy-streams and all...

I've gotta say, perhaps I've set my expectations a bit too high - (I was expecting something on the level of early-2010 harems: OH & DaiMaou, in particular) - but one thing is sure:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
This is way better than Maken-ki!
this guy speaks the truth!

that said, it turned out to be a pretty entertaining and enjoyable watch. definitely something to look forward to, after the HUGE disappointment that was Rinne no Lagrange...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Most anime adaptations from novels have a good original source; the question is if they would water it down or not. There will be perversion, and there will be violence. Water either down would be bad news.
as for myself, I'm fine with the watering down of violence.

Spoiler for a few GIFs - (the ones I could post anyway):
Old 2012-01-07, 06:37   Link #209
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Yuuma-chan's transformation was awesomely sexy! :P
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 06:39   Link #210
Mentar
Banned

Whoa, I didn't even notice that Akeno was voiced by Shizuka Itou before someone told me. She's using one of her more rare voices for this show ^_^

I'm usually not big on melon boobs and extreme fanservice. Why do I still like this show? The male lead is a _genuine_ and _positive_ pervert - I'm so tired of the repressed/denial type, I want them to enthusiastically appreciate what they're treated to. All girls around him are distinct, interesting and likable in their own ways. And based on the source - I hope I'm allowed to say this much - the core atmosphere in the Rias family is warm. There aren't big tsunderes around who regularly beat the ML up over his fantasies, they will always help him out in trouble anyway. I'm a bit sad that they cut the final scene (waking up naked) a bit short, since the hilarious followup (Rias' reaction to Ise's panicked ogling and what happens rightly afterwards) is cut.

Spoiler for about what's missing (but has a low chance of being shown at the beginning of the next episode):

Last edited by Mentar; 2012-01-07 at 08:54.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 07:42   Link #211
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Whoa, I didn't even notice that Akeno was voiced by Shizuka Itou before someone told me. She's using one of her more rare voices for this show ^_^
I think that means we can expect what to expect from Shizuka.

Spoiler for akeno:

I like the feel of the first episode. Good start, looks like a keeper.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 08:40   Link #212
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

I knew this anime would have some ecchi fan service (Pretty much thanks to the animes name), but the first episode showed me more than I expected

I enjoyed the first episode. The story sounds quite fascinating with angels, devils and fallen angels.

Characters are interesting. I like Issei because he is true to who he is. Who else but a true pervert would think about nothing but breasts after being stabbed and laying on the ground, dieing? He doesn't necessarily hide it either, but when it comes down to the real things...well...he's unsure on what to do, as the anime has easily shown

I really like Rias for some reason...it may just be her motives and desires that have me interested. Or it may be her charms and seducing ways XD Whatever it is, I like her character.

Nice bit of action, no doubt we can expect much more than this in future episodes. One thing I really want to know now is how would angels, demons and fallen angels react towards each other in a confrontation.
Old 2012-01-07, 08:52   Link #213
KilluaX90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post

I'm usually not big on melon boobs and extreme fanservice. Why do I still like this show? The male lead is a _genuine_ and _positive_ pervert - I'm so tired of the repressed/denial type, I want them to enthusiastically appreciate what they're treated to. All girls around him are distinct, interesting and likable in their own ways. And based on the source - I hope I'm allowed to say this much - the core atmosphere in the Rias family is warm. There aren't big tsunderes around who regularly beat the ML up over his fantasies, they will always help him out in trouble anyway. I'm a bit sad that they cut the final scene (waking up naked) a bit short, since the hilarious followup (Rias' reaction to Ise's panicked ogling and what happens rightly afterwards) is cut.

Spoiler for about what's missing:
Hey, that could very well be in next episode, so I suggest you delete that possible spoiler.

About the episode itself, it's a very good beginning, and also very nice fanservices

As for the girls, I'm looking forward to Akeno's
Spoiler for Akeno:
KilluaX90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 08:55   Link #214
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

The ass holy light censorship make no sense, they cover it but show full frontal boobs? Is really illogical. At least is watchable (countraty of Manyuu) and finally an harem where you don't have to wait for bds. I liked the first episode, the VA and the gore.
Fnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 09:02   Link #215
EroKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
I really like Rias for some reason...it may just be her motives and desires that have me interested. Or it may be her charms and seducing ways XD Whatever it is, I like her character.
Wha? Oh just say you fell in love with her tits

I was quite sure too that those double D's in the title was referring to Akeno's and Rias's massive bouncy those-things-that-eroking-lives-for-just-like-issei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnights View Post
The ass holy light censorship make no sense, they cover it but show full frontal boobs? Is really illogical.
I know, wish ATX hadn't censored that. That ass shot must be pretty hot, guess have to wait for the BDs
Old 2012-01-07, 09:18   Link #216
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Is it bad that I'm getting Seikon no Qwaser vibes from this? Then again, that's more to do with the OP song than anything else (genuinely doesn't feel like a Larval Stage Planning song - Faylan comes to mind more after I heard 'Trip -Innocent of D-').

Issei is an intriguing character to me for a protagonist. By all means, yes, he is a perv of the highest order (as many have said, only a real perv would think about breasts on the verge of death) - but that's not the only string to his bow. He seems to be a genuinely decent guy (as the date proved to me - though that may just have been him trying to be nice and impress the lovely lady so he can get a hold of some breasts - that backfired massively, didn't it? ).

This is definitely one to watch for me. I'm not keen on animes that overdo the ecchi and have a flimsy plot that is barely there (never watched Maken-ki - the reviews I read proved me right on that one) - but this feels like there will be a discernible plot kicking around.
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 09:21   Link #217
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Wha? Oh just say you fell in love with her tits
Well...there are those aswell

But thats not the only reason I like her, I swear
Old 2012-01-07, 09:24   Link #218
zzhk
Summary Machine

@Mentar
I'm pretty sure there's no way they'd cut the rest of the wake up scene.
It'll definitely make an awesome hilarious opening scene for the next episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
Characters are interesting. I like Issei because he is true to who he is. Who else but a true pervert would think about nothing but breasts after being stabbed and laying on the ground, dieing? He doesn't necessarily hide it either, but when it comes down to the real things...well...he's unsure on what to do, as the anime has easily shown
Well, Issei's dying desires are what summoned Rias to save him.
On the other hand, I don't think you need to be a huge pervert to start thinking of all the things you're missing out as your life is cut short by an early death.

More conventionally, the female equivalent would have the lead character lamenting she has never dated or fallen in love before dying.
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 09:37   Link #219
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Watched episode 1.

DEEEEEEEEEEEEEM TITTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYS~

\o/

On a more serious note, I kinda like the OP theme song, especially the first, second, fifth and sixth lines of the chorus.

And consider myself a devotee of Rias-sama.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.

Last edited by Marcus H.; 2012-01-07 at 10:00.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 11:20   Link #220
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Indeed it wasn't that bad, at least it looked good slightly censored and in wide-screen

Nonetheless, the main premise is so damn similar with KoreZon, Shana, Kaibutsu Oujo, and probably more that I cannot recall now... I am pretty sure even the lines are just rearranged from those three

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
It's more Demon vs Demon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Crowbar View Post
DxD stands for
Spoiler for spoiler:
Oh! not demon ON demon... there go all my hopes for ditching the lame MC (and even lamer friends) for some demonic yuri action

I will keep calling it Di En Di, since the story and characters suck as much as the D&D in high school

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
Maybe they'll call the sequel "High School AxDxD"
Eh?! so Angel on Demon and Demon... because 3P is always better

EDIT: Oh! and I forgot, those boobs seem to have their own mind, like... like Saeko's flashy bullet-time, and bullet dodging pair from HotD

Last edited by Malkuth; 2012-01-07 at 11:30. Reason: oppai physics
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, fantasy, harem, romance, shounen