AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-08-08, 07:21   Link #1361
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

No.

America and the rest of the UN actually offered their help when the first BETA Hives landed; the Communists had not only rejected that help, but they've also forbid the UN from interfering.

Mind, America was the first country to fight the BETA, and by that point they were the only ones who had any idea what might happen if BETA were given a free reign like it happened on the Moon.

America gets a lot of flack in the community, but the sad and unfortunate truth is that they're the only government in the entire Muv-Luv world that has any sense of competence.

In fact, Alternative V plan is the only plan that stands any chance of success (and as Unlimited shows, it bloody works - 100 000 people are safe to rekindle humanity free from the divides and BETA); Alternative IV works out only because of quantum space hijinks, that normally had no right to happen.

Also, consider that no other government on Earth has any idea what's it doing. Japan is an ultra-conservative xenophobic retard, and has absolutely no idea on how to fight (the defense of Kyoto is stupid on so many levels, it's not even funny). EU is a wreck. Communists are too busy killing each other, or wasting their -already non-existant by the way- manpower reserves on the meatgrinder.

If I was the U.S President, I'd make the exact same choices.

Well, you'd still need an excuse on how an East-German survivor would be found by a French army, given that NVA troops ultimately turned tail and ran, withdrawing to Venezuela. All the way across the globe.
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 07:28   Link #1362
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

And Alternative V successded, but what could stop an Alternative VI, or VII from happening? What could stop humanity from fleeing its own home, this time because of themself? Human fights, fights with mother nature, fights with BETA, fights with themself - all for the reconstruction of the Old Glory Age Eden.
Also, in the end, the twins would die! Lunatic, right? I just want to show whether who we are, we are still just human.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 12:48   Link #1363
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Y'know, Fireminer, instead of talking about your ideas, you should instead start writing them.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 18:52   Link #1364
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Y'know, Fireminer, instead of talking about your ideas, you should instead start writing them.
You know what, you are right! But the problem? Time and Resource. Muv-Luv is a complex and delicate universe, and I just want to take my time before doing it. And that means playing more game and reading Fanfics.
And not to mention my Extra fic and Code Geass/Alternative crossover...

Last edited by Fireminer; 2013-08-08 at 19:39.
Old 2013-08-08, 22:30   Link #1365
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
You know what, you are right! But the problem? Time and Resource. Muv-Luv is a complex and delicate universe, and I just want to take my time before doing it. And that means playing more game and reading Fanfics.
And not to mention my Extra fic and Code Geass/Alternative crossover...
Well good luck you guys. And here's some advice: Since your putting yourself in your fanfic, i strongly recommend not making your characters Mary Sue's.

One person did that for a MuvLuv fanfic and let's just say it was a travesty i should have not read in the first place.

Anyway, i updated the Muv Luv DYRL TVtropes page.
Old 2013-08-08, 22:40   Link #1366
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Well good luck you guys. And here's some advice: Since your putting yourself in your fanfic, i strongly recommend not making your characters Mary Sue's.

One person did that for a MuvLuv fanfic and let's just say it was a travesty i should have not read in the first place.

Anyway, i updated the Muv Luv DYRL TVtropes page.
Thanks! But like I said before, Mary Sue is not going to happen. The reason? Simple! Everyone dies at the end!
(But this is a lose-lose situation. I potraited us as Gary-Stu, and my brother would rambling all day. I kill all, and he still going to ramble!)
Also, what exactly is the Muv-Luv fanfic that you mentioned?
Old 2013-08-08, 23:30   Link #1367
Mangathell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Thanks! But like I said before, Mary Sue is not going to happen. The reason? Simple! Everyone dies at the end!
(But this is a lose-lose situation. I potraited us as Gary-Stu, and my brother would rambling all day. I kill all, and he still going to ramble!)
Also, what exactly is the Muv-Luv fanfic that you mentioned?
You certainly come up with some crazy ideas messrs fireminer, by the way you should perhaps come up with a way to differentiate which brother is posting ala B1 and B2?
Mangathell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 23:40   Link #1368
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Well, my big brother only posted on Infinite Stratos section.
Old 2013-08-09, 08:22   Link #1369
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor Mobius Toth View Post
America and the rest of the UN actually offered their help when the first BETA Hives landed; the Communists had not only rejected that help, but they've also forbid the UN from interfering.
- "If regret could be harvested, Russia would be the world's fruit-basket."

"I know, I know. It's a Russian thing. When we're about to do something stupid, we like to catalog the full extent of our stupidity for future reference."

...sorry. Got stuck reading Babylon 5 quotes and then...
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 08:30   Link #1370
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Well, Politicians sow the seed, Soldiers nourished it, and Civiliants harvested the crop...
Anyway, do you guys think there is anyhope for the united of human after TDA?
Old 2013-08-09, 10:55   Link #1371
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

More like the French will kill everyone.

The ultimate vengeance for a century of being the butt of everyone's jokes in Europe.

I don't think there's much hope for ML: A's humanity either. Even if we win against the BETA, we will end up with embittered populace completely drugged-up by aggressive propaganda, and ruled, at best, by relatively inept military-industrialist clique on one hand, and dangerously genre-savvy politicians on the other. Oh, and the only remaining superpower has an arsenal of bombs that can disintegrate 3 continents.

We will probably kill each other off, the minute we will be done with BETA.
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 16:14   Link #1372
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

This kind of reminds about "Ghost in the Shell" and especially "Akira"!
And damn Åge, couldn't you made a decent France? Dump that maniac part to Spain or Italy!
Old 2013-08-09, 23:23   Link #1373
Mangathell

And alt V still gets activated... Fabulous ain't it...
Mangathell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 07:39   Link #1374
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Ok, I has officially joint the rank of Maniac by replacing Meiya and Yuuhi's role in my Extra fic!
Old 2013-08-11, 13:22   Link #1375
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

So i just came up with a crossover fanfic which features characters from a certain light novel series. I already planned about how to write it so here's a snippet.

Spoiler for snippet:

I might post more especially who those LN characters are if time permits it.
Old 2013-08-11, 15:03   Link #1376
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

@terrorist: Well, this look promising!
Old 2013-08-12, 09:08   Link #1377
Chibiloli

Just researching for my Fanfic, I got to ask, can Assault Cannon's pierce Zentraedi powered armor?
Old 2013-08-13, 05:35   Link #1378
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibiloli View Post
Just researching for my Fanfic, I got to ask, can Assault Cannon's pierce Zentraedi powered armor?
- Maybe. Functionally the Assault Cannons are like the VF-1 series Gunpod (even the ammo is similar--DU shells), so I don't see why not.
Old 2013-08-13, 06:19   Link #1379
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I'm not so sure - IIRC the VF-1 used a 55mm gunpod, which had some problems penetrating. *shrug* Still, it might work.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 07:00   Link #1380
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
I'm not so sure - IIRC the VF-1 used a 55mm gunpod, which had some problems penetrating. *shrug* Still, it might work.
- It's kind of like comparing a 9mm AP round with a standard 45ACP round---the subsonic 45ACP has more bulk and punch but doesn't penetrate thick plate as well, while the smaller 9mm AP will punch through but probably might not do much damage.

On the flipside, the heavier round may not punch through armor--but the force of impact will still be felt.

I'm fairly sure that Assault Cannons can use DU rounds, but my memory fails me on Macross firearms at the moment.

Tags
fanfiction, harem