AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 39 35.45%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 37 33.64%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 14.55%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 9.09%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.73%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.82%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.73%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-21, 12:01   Link #441
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
i think alto doesnt want to choice and just want to be friends with both of them cause so far i only feel a friendly feeling from alto towards them
Old 2008-08-21, 16:18   Link #442
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinku View Post
i think alto doesnt want to choice and just want to be friends with both of them cause so far i only feel a friendly feeling from alto towards them
Actually there lies the problem we dont know exactly what Alto thinks. The guy is as dense blackhole. Alto has been teased and hinted at by everyone about Ranka and Sheryl's feelings but he has never been directly confronted by it as in Sheryl and Ranka forcing him to chose either one of them or none at all. Frankly, i dont think Alto knows what he really feels except for the fact he wants to protect them but that could be said about anyone of his friends.
Old 2008-08-21, 16:35   Link #443
anime ronin
death by animeoverdos X_X

wow for them to be so suprised and everything so intense in the end they could have at least kissed or something. but what's wrong with a simple hug especially considering all the other shit ranka had to deal with via alto x sheryl.

PIRATES DOCKING 6!!! GIANT ROBOT SOLDIER!!! BIG EMPEROR!!!
Old 2009-09-27, 21:00   Link #444
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Geez, whoever hired that scriptwriter anyway? That ending scene had clichéd written all over it. The overall plot actually moved in an interesting direction during this episode, and the possible twist over Ranka's little pet is quite promising actually, and moreover, the first half of the episode wasn't bad at all, but it was all a free fall during the last segment, ending with a catastrophic dose of forced drama. Tsk. Tsk.
Old 2009-09-27, 21:04   Link #445
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Geez, whoever hired that scriptwriter anyway? That ending scene had clichéd written all over it. The overall plot actually moved in an interesting direction during this episode, and the possible twist over Ranka's little pet is quite promising actually, and moreover, the first half of the episode wasn't bad at all, but it was all a free fall during the last segment, ending with a catastrophic dose of forced drama. Tsk. Tsk.
Remember to take into consideration this entire series is a homage/ "anniversary edition". So naturally it would be cliche laced. What's wrong with Cliches anyway? They're cliches because they work .
Old 2009-09-27, 21:06   Link #446
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Hmmm...have you seen "Do You Remember Love"? That should explain why the episode ending's there.
Old 2009-09-27, 21:07   Link #447
Proto

They are cliches because they used to work. Nowadays they are the sign of a parody or a lazy writer. I'm not asking them to come up with a revolutionary new idea, but for god sake that single scene must be the dictionary picture for a "romance triangle drama" definition.

Quote:
Hmmm...have you seen "Do You Remember Love"? That should explain why the episode ending's there.
If it's actually homage to Misa's and Minmay situation... I'd still call it lazy scriptwriting. Being a homage does not mean that you can just copy paste every time you run into a difficult writing junction.
Old 2009-09-27, 21:17   Link #448
justavisitor

just a reminder do you need time to let those episodes sink in?? I know it's really tempting to watch all episodes at once (i tried that) but by doing so you might not have enough energy to pay full attention to those details in each episode

just my 2 cents
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2009-09-27, 21:22   Link #449
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
They are cliches because they used to work. Nowadays they are the sign of a parody or a lazy writer. I'm not asking them to come up with a revolutionary new idea, but for god sake that single scene must be the dictionary picture for a "romance triangle drama" definition.
Personally, this is why I avoid thinking too much about "tropes" and "cliche" plot points. Sooner or later, everything we've viewed will become either one. In my opinion, thinking about all of those just limits my enjoyment of an anime series unless the plot is really, really bad. Still, I can understand what you're saying and I do agree. What I did love was Grace's cynical attitude in this episode, it had me thinking, "I wonder what she's up to now?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
just a reminder do you need time to let those episodes sink in?? I know it's really tempting to watch all episodes at once (i tried that) but by doing so you might not have enough energy to pay full attention to those details in each episode

just my 2 cents
Actually, I think he's doing a pretty good job at picking up on the details. I watched all the episodes in 2 days in my first run through and I overlooked a couple of things, so it just depends on the person watching.

Spoiler for Plot:

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-09-27, 21:24   Link #450
Proto

@justavisitor:Geez, I don't want to reply to that without demeriting the series, since despite its many flaws this series is still good for being a mecha, which may not come across through my somewhat sore reviewing. I am enjoying this for the most part, even if its only for the visual and sound oriented feast. However I don't really think this is the kind of series where there is anything to let "sink in". The story is straightforward, and so are the character relationships and interactions. There lies one of its strength and weakness, since by being direct it can very easily get its message across, however it is also easy to see its failings.

@Dex-kun: While I normally agree with you, in that I give space for the series to prove itself even when it resorts to cliches, there are levels for everything, and this one goes beyond my normally high level of tolerance.

Maybe I'm coming more sore than my usual optimistic self because normally this is not my type of series. Believe, for this being a mecha, I am complaining less than I normally would for a mecha series.
Old 2009-09-27, 21:35   Link #451
justavisitor

icic, well it's just my experience and I am just wondering whether watching all episodes at once will somehow affect you..you see I want you to enjoy the series under the best condition (not just macross, but any other anime series) I agree this series is pretty straight forward...anyway I hope you enjoy the rest of this series XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2009-09-29, 04:44   Link #452
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Quote:
Maybe I'm coming more sore than my usual optimistic self because normally this is not my type of series. Believe, for this being a mecha, I am complaining less than I normally would for a mecha series.
Ah, that's because Macross is not just a mecha anime
Closed Thread