AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-06-24, 02:39   Link #881
Kafriel
Senior Guest

It's the skins you really want...and with the 350 RP from the previous issues, you can have a total of 900 given RP. Not too bad, if you ask me...you can even buy a top priced skin when it goes on sale. Btw anyone know why TF's magnificent skin costs 1820 RP?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 04:05   Link #882
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Oh yes 900RP

TF's magnificent skin cost 1820 cuz it was the only one which was the best between all so Riot wanted to make moneys... He have the new one if u want
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 14:21   Link #883
Velsy

Ima on a winning streak atm

Won my last 9 games

And have won 12 and lost 1 from my last 13 games (possible a little more but I wasnt keeping count). O_o
Oh and that game I lost, our team surrended early O_o They had bad moral and thought they were going to loose.

But my client updater stuffed up and when I open the launcher I get unkown error and it wont let me open the game. And if I select send error logs, it crashes.

So I reinstalling the entire game....
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 14:45   Link #884
Xacual

Is this bonus RP thing on the EU servers? I was looking for it being mentioned and couldn't find it on the NA ones.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 15:08   Link #885
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Yeah it's on EU (I believe). It's really difficult to connect on EU servers these days (busy, queue over 9000, 30/40 minutes to enter PvP.net... ), so I played on my US smurf. I will be level 30 soon! Perfect time for the 2nd season of LoL.

900 RP is cool, I will take a Ashe or Sivir skin I think!
But I don't really care about RP, I just want to play in good conditions...
Old 2011-06-25, 07:21   Link #886
Velsy

Yay

10 games in a row. O-o
Old 2011-06-25, 17:30   Link #887
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Me it's more like 2 win in a row then 3-5 loses with EU servers issue , great... anyway , elo reset soon so.
Old 2011-06-25, 23:08   Link #888
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Can anyone tell the difference in player level based on their ELO? Mine's below 1400 atm but I'm still getting the same old "win or lose decisively in the first 20 mins" kind of match. Normal games have a good share of bitching too, so I no longer see the difference...
Old 2011-06-26, 01:37   Link #889
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Can anyone tell the difference in player level based on their ELO? Mine's below 1400 atm but I'm still getting the same old "win or lose decisively in the first 20 mins" kind of match. Normal games have a good share of bitching too, so I no longer see the difference...
I'm at 1200 [Really, I should play Ranked more, since I don't have nearly enough games to know my elo and I queue dodged my way from 1400 to 1200] and I don't get annoying people at all in normal games.

But I tend to only play premades, and they're usually with my friends, who have a lot more wins than losses [I have more losses than wins, unfortunately], so that might be why.

Are people just feeding? Or are teams good at taking advantage of snowballing? I'll play games where we'll be decisively winning by 20 minutes, but our team won't push or we won't have any damage late game, and we lose [in normal games].
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 04:09   Link #890
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

The thing is that , if you didn't played ranked after your level 30 and then you just played normal games till 200+ , you decide to try ranked , you'll encounter "weak players" yeah cuz mostly players already play ranked after lv 30 so they don't have much skills than you and then don't be surprised to find lot of feeders , ragers , flammers etc.... and some people tend to try build like Shen AP , WW AD , Trist AP , Soraka AD .....
At the beginning , it's hard to getting on the top except if you carry your game or you have a better teamplay. 1200-1500 elo. If you win more then your chance to encounter better play increases , or if you lose more , you'll encounter players that are stuck at 1200-1400 elo even with 100+ games in ranked. Basically now , you're at the begining for the elo hell. I'll recommend you to play viable champs if you want to get out of this fast.
Jarvan , Noc , Irelia , Rumble(Ban) , Ashe(if played very well) , Vayne(dunno for her nerf)...
And make a better team compo.

Funny now how people try to make compo like the DH LOL. I always encounter Ashe/Sona/Alistar/Jarvan/Irelia/Vayne/Malz/Anivia/Soraka/Amumu....

Btw , Premades > Solo Q yeah.

Ow and , if people saw the base race at DH , in a ranked game , my team wanted to do it too after baron omg while the opponents killed dragon then rush 2nd bot towers.
My team decided to rush 3rd mid towers. I knew we won't made it , they had so much speed atk buff & true damage compared to our team & when we came for the 3rd tower , they already destroyed the 2nd & rush 3rd.
Guys , it could've been so easy to kill them at bot then end it...
Old 2011-06-26, 04:57   Link #891
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Speaking of Dreamhack-inspired comps, I wish people in the US never realized how good a ranged carry + support lane is. Having to deal with a lane where trading damage will always be in their favor because they can heal themselves is annoying, and it's just as annoying to let the carry just sit there and farm. It's worse when you have one or two melee champs in your lane and can't harass the ranged carry without trading.

Well, I play passively and just chip away at people, so of course it'd be annoying for me.

I need to buy Caitlyn....
Old 2011-06-26, 07:31   Link #892
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Laning really depends on champion types...champs like Singed or Tryndamere are better off going straight for the kill when paired against support champs, since the latter usually have lots of CC, range or AoE skills. On the other hand, a support team can't push a tank/soak team because they wouldn't have enough mana to faze them through healing/regen. Personal favourites:
Support - Zilean. Time bomb time bomb time bomb time bomb!
Soak - Mordekaiser. A true laner imo, raising E and W first gives room to harass and deter others from coming on you.
Tank - Galio. Nothing beats going trigger-happy and poking with this one.
Carry - Tryndamere. Watching your crit chance soar the less HP you have is actually quite fun...

Not a fan of AP carries, enemies with MR either screw your build or counter you hard.
Old 2011-06-26, 10:44   Link #893
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Support - Zilean. Time bomb time bomb time bomb time bomb!
Soak - Mordekaiser. A true laner imo, raising E and W first gives room to harass and deter others from coming on you.
Tank - Galio. Nothing beats going trigger-happy and poking with this one.
Carry - Tryndamere. Watching your crit chance soar the less HP you have is actually quite fun...
Mordekaiser is sucky in lane imo. He can do well against some champions, but against those that good in lane (Zilean, Caitlyn, Vayne, or Annie, for example), there is no hope for Morde.

Tryn is better off to jungle. I can make sure a Tryn won't ever see a creep before lv 6.

Zilean with flat AP rune is just retard, even 1 against 2.

And MR counter AP the same way armor counter AD, so I don't really see a big deal. How many people actually survive that Malz's combo?
Old 2011-06-26, 13:59   Link #894
Laguna Loire
Banned

I used to play LoL, it's really awesome.
Laguna Loire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 17:40   Link #895
Velsy

My wininng streak ended at 10 games.

In a game we should of won, we were out ahead, 1 inhibuator down real early in the match... then Teemo went into lardedar mode and did hes own thing by himself not caring/listening to anyone else, then brand kept running off into enemy territory on his own and getting killed.

Most frustrating game to loose! Our base(double turrets) was under attack and Teemo was still up top farming!!

Last edited by Velsy; 2011-06-26 at 23:52.
Old 2011-06-26, 23:59   Link #896
Velsy

Ah I should also ask..

I sorta having a break from Irelia, and well I unlocked Jarven and have been playing him.

Anyone know any good tips or advice when playing him ? I sorta been trying to play Tank Jarven as I've been playing AD Irelia alot. So just for something different. Like a different game style.

Only had two or three matches so far, but I been building, boots (still unsure which kind), Ghost blade, then Frozen Heart, Frozen Mallet, Maybe Banshee/Force of Nature if the enemy has decent amount of AP champions.

His ult is kinda funny, was lanning with a friend and well when she tried getting away and ult attacked the enemy and she got caught in the arena and died.... Unintentioanlly got her trapped.... opps ? D:
Old 2011-06-27, 00:15   Link #897
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Lane Jarvans I see usually go something like Regrowth pendant + pot, Philo stone, boots 1 --> merc treads later, Heart of Gold, Force of Nature, Warden's Mail as core. From there on you build depending on what your team needs, or as pure tank, what kind of damage the enemy deals.

As for me, if I'm not jungling, I usually play AP caster. Nothing more satisfying than bursting someone from full to zero as Malzahar, or AoE stunning the enemy team as Annie, or just be an annoying prick as Vladimir.

I actually like playing support the most, but considering most team comps are usually lacking in one particular area (tank, jungle, ap carry, ad carry; most especially first two), I usually don't get to play them. In fact, most of my ranked games are support (taric, soraka, zilean), until I got fed up by massive leavers/griefers/afkers like 4 months after season 1 started (this was before leaver buster + tribunal).

So yeah, can't say much about ranked, as I haven't played it in like a year, despite me started playing ranked as a level 20 (yeah before they increased level cap), around 200 ranked games, and still kept 1300 elo. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 00:35   Link #898
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
So I've never posted here so I'm just going to jump in based on what's above me at the time.

I prefer playing... honestly whatever the team needs. I find that I like playing everything a little bit and can fill (if not good then at least competently), although I gravitate toward one's I'm good with.

If I had to pick a preference, I usually like playing either the carry or the tank or the support. I favor Alistair, Twisted Fate or Corki, or Healbot/Soraka (although once the Kayle rework comes around I'm going to play the crap out of her).

My ELO is terribad at like 850-900. I'm stuck in Elo Hell D: .
Old 2011-06-27, 00:48   Link #899
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Anyone know any good tips or advice when playing him ? I sorta been trying to play Tank Jarven as I've been playing AD Irelia alot. So just for something different. Like a different game style.
Jarvan IV is not a tank, just a tough dps. I start off with shield, merc treads, brutalizer and an HP item (be it catalyst for banshee's, aegis or HoG for RO). Aegis is awesome for pushing towers when combined with demacian standard Now, since your role is mainly to be disruptive while also dishing out damage, you'll probably be needing mallet, triForce or red buff. Having a small amount of lifesteal also works well in most cases...oh, and a hexdrinker can go a long way during early/mid game.
Quote:
His ult is kinda funny, was lanning with a friend and well when she tried getting away and ult attacked the enemy and she got caught in the arena and died.... Unintentioanlly got her trapped.... opps ? D:
Press R again after Cataclysm to deactivate it!
Quote:
against those that good in lane (Zilean, Caitlyn, Vayne, or Annie, for example), there is no hope for Morde.
Zilean and Annie will definitely become mana starved, and siphon of destruction can fill up your entire shield, if only for a single strong attack. Annie in particular also has no escape mechanism, so Morde's lack of CC is not as much of a problem. Of course, no champion is perfect, but I've seen a lot of Mordes able to mid against whatever crazy harass monster they had to face.
Quote:
And MR counter AP the same way armor counter AD, so I don't really see a big deal. How many people actually survive that Malz's combo?
True, but there's a few points to be made here: firstly, all champion get a min of ~60 armor by LV18, but half of them or more have a flat 30 MR. Also, picking up ArPen is ridiculously easier than getting Mpen and the same goes for the armor/MR reduction skills and items.
Quote:
Zilean with flat AP rune is just retard, even 1 against 2.
I think ANY champion with flat AP runes is lame...kinda like getting a full crit Trynda, still don't see why some people like it. Anyways, before we got Orianna, Zilean was the only champion with so many options of dealing damage with Q, so I really like him. Double bombing a weak minion and hitting a champion in the radius gets their life at about 50%, it's a really strong spell worthy of its nerf.
Quote:
How many people actually survive that Malz's combo?
A lot? Somehow the only Malzahars I ever see owning are the snowballing ones. Gotta try him again on his next free week...
Anyways, after the Eve massacre I'm trying to play her as a sustained DPS, and some people say she can jungle...but I keep dying :S Penetration runes, dodge seals, MRp5 glyphs, HP quints. They work fine with Trundle, Olaf and the rest of them...
Old 2011-06-27, 01:04   Link #900
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Lane Jarvans I see usually go something like Regrowth pendant + pot, Philo stone, boots 1 --> merc treads later, Heart of Gold, Force of Nature, Warden's Mail as core. From there on you build depending on what your team needs, or as pure tank, what kind of damage the enemy deals.
Is FoN so good that it should be a core item? It doesn't provide HP or much more MR than a Negatron Cloak. Does the HP regen make that much of a difference?

If it's a Jarvan-specific thing, I understand, but for tanks I know I personally stack two Negatron Cloaks and go for BVeil before I build a FoN since I don't really need the extra movement speed. Well, if I need the MR, anyway.

Edit: If you're building Jarvan tank but still want to build some damage, don't get Ghostblade/Frozen Mallet. Get Triforce and go straight for tanky items.

Tags
league of legends, lol